1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 103 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180811_160131 (resized).jpg
    20180810_125124 (resized).jpg
    20180810_125117 (resized).jpg
    20180810_202945 (resized).jpg
    20180810_202754 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_183409 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_173140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_172540 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_125831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_171913 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_155730 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_114002 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_110845 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_114059 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180810_160125 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180810_160129 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 months ago

Got stuck at work today, but made it yesterday. Congrats on another great show forceflow!! That lost in space re theme was really nice.

#152 6 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Everyone remember to get your playcounts. All the data!

My Metallica had 395 games played at the show. Not a single issue. I’ll take it home, give it a quick cleaning, and right back into my lineup. I cleared the high scores Friday. So I’ll need to set new ones

#153 6 months ago

Had great fun, and sold my "Kings & Queens" after the show. Thanks to all, especially Adam and his crew. Looking forward to next year's show.
    Still have that blue ribbon "Hurdy Gurdy" available. Hope to see you all at York.

#154 6 months ago

Thanks to everyone for a fun show! Special thanks to everyone who brought one (or several) games and to the folks to set up in the flea market! Thanks to everyone who helped with setup, volunteering during the event, and break-down! Special thanks to daveh for his time & effort during break-down

Photos from the event will be posted in the next few days. If you have any photos, feel free to share them

If anyone has comments, critiques, or suggestions for improvement, please share those as well. A couple of weak areas that will need improvement are encouraging more arcade game collectors to bring games for free play, and encouraging more buying & selling. If you have ideas that you think might help improve on those, please let me know.

Thanks again for coming to the show and contributing to this charity event!

#155 6 months ago

Here's the audits for my games:

IJ: 347
    DM: 361 (last year, it had 204)
    R911: 400 (last year, it had 251)
    Hulk: 456 (last year, it had 363)
    TS: 355 (last year, it had 174)
    No audits for RFM--the game has a boot issue and takes several minutes to "warm up" before it does anything, and I didn't have time to wait for it.

I imagine the play counts have a correlation with the typical game time for each title. From what I observed, IJ, DM, and TS seem to generally have longer game times, while R911 and Hulk seem to generally have shorter game times.

Also, the increase in attendance for the show appeared to have a significant increase in plays across the board compared to last year on some of the same games that I brought.

#156 6 months ago

Good to see growth. I noticed something that might need to be addressed/possibly skews the data on several machines. There was lines because kids would come up and spam the start button starting usually 2-4 player games. Some people would play through all of the games, some would drain the other 3 players, and a handful would reset the machine if there was excessive players started and abandoned mid play.

#157 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinsideMike:

Good to see growth. I noticed something that might need to be addressed/possibly skews the data on several machines. There was lines because kids would come up and spam the start button starting usually 2-4 player games. Some people would play through all of the games, some would drain the other 3 players, and a handful would reset the machine if there was excessive players started and abandoned mid play.

Kids were constantly resetting my two EMs after playing one ball, or somewhere during a game. I'd like to wire in a switch so that the game can only be restarted when in game over mode.

#158 6 months ago

All around great show-- thanks Adam!

I already mentioned this to him, but I'll throw it out there for the rest of you to see. My only complaint is that people don't pay attention to out of order signs. Someone broke the ball lifter on my 1932 Mills Official-- it must have gotten slightly jammed, and they tried to force it, bending part of the lifter (mercifully, I was able to fix it when I got home). When it was brought to my attention, I made an out of order sign. I come back a little while later, and the sign has been taken off and is on the ground behind the machine, and someone is trying to play. I put the sign back on. Just a few minutes later, I see a fellow trying to play the game with the sign still there, covering a quarter of the backglass. WTF? My suggestion to Adam was that we have "official" out of order signs printed in advance... something better than a hand lettered sign.

#159 6 months ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I already mentioned this to him, but I'll throw it out there for the rest of you to see. My only complaint is that people don't pay attention to out of order signs. Someone broke the ball lifter on my 1932 Mills Official-- it must have gotten slightly jammed, and they tried to force it, bending part of the lifter (mercifully, I was able to fix it when I got home). When it was brought to my attention, I made an out of order sign. I come back a little while later, and the sign has been taken off and is on the ground behind the machine, and someone is trying to play. I put the sign back on. Just a few minutes later, I see a fellow trying to play the game with the sign still there, covering a quarter of the backglass. WTF? My suggestion to Adam was that we have "official" out of order signs printed in advance... something better than a hand lettered sign.

yes a laminated "Out Of Order" sign to hang off the plunger or over the start button would be good. Also unplugging the machines will help (not sure if your 1932 requires it or not).

Thanks
    Blake

#160 6 months ago

Adam is there any totals you can compare between last year and this year to see the percentage of growth for attendance?
    Thanks
    Blake

#161 6 months ago
    Quoted from Blake:

Adam is there any totals you can compare between last year and this year to see the percentage of growth for attendance?
    Thanks
    Blake

There were 10 more games on free play than last year, and about a 25% increase in attendence.

#162 6 months ago
    Quoted from Blake:

yes a laminated "Out Of Order" sign to hang off the plunger or over the start button would be good. Also unplugging the machines will help (not sure if your 1932 requires it or not).
    Thanks
    Blake

Yep, those are easy enough to prepare ahead of time.

I may also make a sign about unplugging the game when out of order. Or do you think there was already too much signage around the check-in table?

#163 6 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I may also make a sign about unplugging the game when out of order. Or do you think there was already too much signage around the check-in table?

I think if you just inform the volunteers about the need to walk the rows of machines (say once an hour) looking for any non working pins then they can address them as needed. If its a quick 2 min fix then great! If its a bigger issue and the machine is in jeopardy of any time of damage then they can shut off, unplug, and place the Out Of Order sign.

thanks
    Blake

#164 6 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There were 10 more games on free play than last year, and about a 25% increase in attendence.

Wow!!! 25% increase is great. I have been hearing more about the importance of collectors bringing there vids. I did not see vids in the free play section at all on Friday. Did some show on Sat? How much feedback did you get from folks over on KLOV?

Thanks
    Blake

#165 6 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

When my Taxi went down on Saturday, I put an Out of Order sign on it, but I also took it off Free Play because I figured this was also the audience where 0% of the people playing it called or texted to let me know that it was resetting.

If a game can't be taken off Free Play, unplugging it is probably a good idea. If a machine doesn't use electricity, I don't think an official Out of Order sign will really stop some "determined" show attendees. Something like throwing a blanket on it might do the trick in that case.

#166 6 months ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

When my Taxi went down on Saturday, I put an Out of Order sign on it, but I also took it off Free Play because I figured this was also the audience where 0% of the people playing it called or texted to let me know that it was resetting.
    If a game can't be taken off Free Play, unplugging it is probably a good idea. If a machine doesn't use electricity, I don't think an official Out of Order sign will really stop some "determined" show attendees. Something like throwing a blanket on it might do the trick in that case.

Where were you Friday??? Dave and I were representing for the Coop. Did anyone else local show on sat?

Thanks
    Blake

#167 6 months ago
    Quoted from Blake:

Where were you Friday??? Dave and I were representing for the Coop. Did anyone else local show on sat?
    Thanks
    Blake

Prominent Vermonter Jon Chad was there Saturday. And my new friends from Middlebury(ish) Nate and Laura. They took home a Cue Ball Wizard.

#168 6 months ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Prominent Vermonter Jon Chad was there Saturday. And my new friends from Middlebury(ish) Nate and Laura. They took home a Cue Ball Wizard.

Awesome!!! Good to hear. Are they new to the Coop? The names dont sound familiar but im terrible with names so. Was there a tournament sat?

Thanks
    Blake

#169 6 months ago
    Quoted from Blake:

Awesome!!! Good to hear. Are they new to the Coop? The names dont sound familiar but im terrible with names so. Was there a tournament sat?

They haven't been to the Co-op yet, but contacted us via the web site.

Yes, I ran the pingolf tournament Saturday.

#170 6 months ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

They haven't been to the Co-op yet, but contacted us via the web site.
    Yes, I ran the pingolf tournament Saturday.

Great. Was it well received? Winner?

Thanks
    Blake

#171 6 months ago
    Quoted from Blake:

Great. Was it well received? Winner?
    Thanks
    Blake

Yup. Lots of new players and kids played, which is what we were going for.

Tyler Aas won. Final results have been submitted to the IFPA. Here they are:

1,Tyler Aas
    2,Stephanie Guida
    3,Steven Doellefeld
    4, Howard Levine
    5,Logan Weast
    6,Ron Hallett Jr.
    7,Matt Wall
    7,Dave Goodwin
    10,Tim Varney
    10,Jim OBrien USA
    10,Hayley Weast
    13,Zachary Frey
    13,Mike Varney
    13,Sarah Line
    16,Robert Gonyo
    16,Carolyn Phillips
    16,Christian Line
    18,Jeff Thomson
    18,Tim Peters
    20,Christian Thiebault
    21,Leah Line
    21,Lydia Weast
    23,Liz Line
    23,Isaiah Wall
    26,Mary Szczech
    26,Nicole Canning
    26,Matt Canning
    28,Charlotte Line
    29,Lauryl Weast
    30,John Szczech
    30,Tristan Canning

#172 6 months ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Yup. Lots of new players and kids played, which is what we were going for.
    Tyler Aas won. Final results have been submitted to the IFPA. Here they are:
    1,Tyler Aas
    2,Stephanie Guida
    3,Steven Doellefeld
    4, Howard Levine
    5,Logan Weast
    6,Ron Hallett Jr.
    7,Matt Wall
    7,Dave Goodwin
    10,Tim Varney
    10,Jim OBrien USA
    10,Hayley Weast
    13,Zachary Frey
    13,Mike Varney
    13,Sarah Line
    16,Robert Gonyo
    16,Carolyn Phillips
    16,Christian Line
    18,Jeff Thomson
    18,Tim Peters
    20,Christian Thiebault
    21,Leah Line
    21,Lydia Weast
    23,Liz Line
    23,Isaiah Wall
    26,Mary Szczech
    26,Nicole Canning
    26,Matt Canning
    28,Charlotte Line
    29,Lauryl Weast
    30,John Szczech
    30,Tristan Canning

Awesome thats a good solid tournament. great job.

Thanks
    Blake

#173 6 months ago

Pics of Friday.

Thanks
    Blake

20180810_142949 (resized).jpg20180810_143019 (resized).jpg20180810_143031 (resized).jpg20180810_155851 (resized).jpg20180810_155915 (resized).jpg
    #174 6 months ago

GotG got 335 plays, it was the only one I had clear audits since I updated the code when I set it up

#175 6 months ago

And I'm totally doing the pingolf next year it sounded like a lot of fun

#176 6 months ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

And I'm totally doing the pingolf next year it sounded like a lot of fun

agreed. wish i could have been there sat too.
    thanks
    Blake

#177 6 months ago

A few things I wanted to respond to as a volunteer,

Quoted from PinsideMike:

I attempted to intervene when I saw this, which was constant. I usually just held the start to restart a new game, but some machines didn’t support this so I turned them off and back on. If there’s a better way to end a 4-player game that someone inadvertently starts, it would be helpful to let all the volunteers know!

I agree that this was the most annoying thing and I tried to prevent it as much as possible so someone doesn’t play a “12-ball game”

Quoted from jrpinball:

Kids were constantly resetting my two EMs after playing one ball, or somewhere during a game. I'd like to wire in a switch so that the game can only be restarted when in game over mode.

I didn’t witness any of this, but I would like to know what’s the suggested method for an EM that is left with a ball in the trough. I had believed some EMs are damaged by having a ball sitting there unplayed for extended periods of time.

Quoted from drsfmd:

This one is my fault I had seen the sign but I didn’t see anything wrong with it, and just pressing the ball lifter worked just fine, I didn’t have to force it or anything so I wasn’t sure who had placed the sign and wondered if perhaps someone didn’t know how to use it, assuming it was broken.

Official Out-Of-Order signs are great!! I would very much like to see these, and a process for dealing with broken games to prevent more severe damage.

I’m sorry that misunderstanding happened and I’m glad it wasn’t anything too serious! Again, my apologies for removing the sign at one point!

Quoted from Blake:

I think if you just inform the volunteers about the need to walk the rows of machines (say once an hour) looking for any non working pins then they can address them as needed. If its a quick 2 min fix then great! If its a bigger issue and the machine is in jeopardy of any time of damage then they can shut off, unplug, and place the Out Of Order sign.
    thanks
    Blake

I kept an eye out for the machines as I walked around, and witnessed some stuck balls, other than attempting to bump it free, I texted the owner and turned off the machine.

That’s another example of where an outline would be beneficial, what other issues should be fixed and such. I’m not well-experienced with Show-service but I’d like to be able to help more in the future!

All in all it was a fantastic show! I’m so glad I saw so many friends and acquaintances actually go to our show! Much better turnout than last year and it will only grow! I’ll gladly put out more signs and such for next year, lots of people still didn’t know about the show.

Here’s to next year!

#178 6 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

had believed some EMs are damaged by having a ball sitting there unplayed for extended periods of time.

Yeah, the gate coil can overheat. That's another thing that I had to constantly watch for on my "Kings & Queens". Kids would push the start button, then walk away. I had specific instructions on the game, but that didn't help much.
    No more manual ball lift games for me at Pintastic or this show.

#179 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, the gate coil can overheat. That's another thing that I had to constantly watch for on my "Kings & Queens". Kids would push the start button, then walk away. I had specific instructions on the game, but that didn't help much.
    No more manual ball lift games for me at Pintastic or this show.

That’s a bummer because it was a joy to play them. I really enjoyed playing your Kings & Queens.

#180 6 months ago

>...There was lines because kids would come up and spam the start button starting usually 2-4 player games....

I think the Harlem Globetrotters had a bouncy or overly-sensitive start button. There were occasions where I thought I was just pressing it as usual, but I found myself in a 2-player (or more) game.
    .................David Marston

#181 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I had specific instructions on the game, but that didn't help much.

no one reads instructions

#182 6 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, you're right about that. Not only kids, but adults as well.

#183 6 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, you're right about that. Not only kids, but adults as well.

I agree, people won't read a sheet of instructions on a game, they just push/pull everything that can be pushed/pulled and then walk away to something else.

Maybe place arrows with text that say "1: Press here", 2: Then Press Here"? Or maybe just contain the numbers?

Pretend like you're trying to walk a kindergartner through starting a game and what they might use as visual cues. Then maybe more folks will be able to follow the directions when are unfamiliar with those types of games.

I wasn’t sure who had placed the sign and wondered if perhaps someone didn’t know how to use it, assuming it was broken.

You're probably not alone in this line of thinking, so I'm convinced official out of order signs will help mitigate situations like that. I'll be sure to prepare some.

#184 6 months ago

That’s another example of where an outline would be beneficial, what other issues should be fixed and such. I’m not well-experienced with Show-service but I’d like to be able to help more in the future!

It was just limited to simple stuff like stuck balls. A handful of owners did leave keys behind at the check-in desk for that. Any issues beyond that were intended to be reported to game owners.

I'm not sure how successful the note on the game card was with attendees about contacting the game owner about issues, or how many attendees reached out vs just walking away from the game.

Volunteers & staff wore show badges, and I know most were approached at some point for one reason or another.

Next year, I think I might try a roster of some sort stuck to the wall to keep track of who might be patrolling the floor with a volunteer badge. I tried to make a schedule last year ahead of time, but nobody really stuck to it, so this year I just asked people to jump in whenever they saw a need. It worked ok, but it still would have been better to have at least one person with a badge patrolling the room at all times.

#185 6 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe place arrows with text that say "1: Press here", 2: Then Press Here"? Or maybe just contain the numbers?

One of our local barcades tried that and most people still didn't pay attention. Giant stickers on the lock down bar with arrows and instructions, and people just sit there hitting random buttons. I don't get it

#186 6 months ago

This one is my fault I had seen the sign but I didn’t see anything wrong with it, and just pressing the ball lifter worked just fine, I didn’t have to force it or anything so I wasn’t sure who had placed the sign and wondered if perhaps someone didn’t know how to use it, assuming it was broken.
    Official Out-Of-Order signs are great!! I would very much like to see these, and a process for dealing with broken games to prevent more severe damage.
    I’m sorry that misunderstanding happened and I’m glad it wasn’t anything too serious! Again, my apologies for removing the sign at one point!

No worries, the damage was already done at that point. Those official out of order signs should probably note that no one should be removing the sign without the owner ok-ing it. I do also realize that mine was the only completely mechanical machine there, so it's not like I could have unplugged it-- I should have thrown a cover over it or something.

#187 6 months ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

No worries, the damage was already done at that point. Those official out of order signs should probably note that no one should be removing the sign without the owner ok-ing it. I do also realize that mine was the only completely mechanical machine there, so it's not like I could have unplugged it-- I should have thrown a cover over it or something.

I was glad to see your machine and play it. It was a lot of fun! I apologize again, and yes in the future that’s a good idea. Having a roster or maybe a check-in list for games to keep track of their issues and whether they’re resolved or still out of commission.
    Then volunteers could refer to it as well as place games with more complicated issues on the list to ensure the owner is alerted and staff knows to watch the machine.

#188 6 months ago

I still have a few show shirts left--$8 each plus shipping. Grab one now before they're gone forever!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-saratoga-pinball-ampamp-arcade-show-t-shirts-shipping

#189 6 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I still have a few show shirts left--$8 each plus shipping. Grab one now before they're gone forever!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-saratoga-pinball-ampamp-arcade-show-t-shirts-shipping

$8.00!!! I should have taken three then for the $25 gift certificate I traded for one!

#190 6 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

$8.00!!! I should have taken three then for the $25 gift certificate I traded for one!

LOL someone flipping t-shirts?

#191 6 months ago

There's 3 or less in each size left, though XL is now sold out.

#192 6 months ago

Friday photos

20180810164719716 (resized).jpg20180810164804596 (resized).jpg20180810165233394 (resized).jpg20180810165247814 (resized).jpg20180810165253608 (resized).jpg20180810165259893 (resized).jpg20180810165331407 (resized).jpg20180810165353383 (resized).jpg20180810165400816 (resized).jpg20180810194214652 (resized).jpg
    #193 6 months ago

Saturday floor photos

20180811104321683 (resized).jpg20180811104414093 (resized).jpg20180811104438955 (resized).jpg20180811104527546 (resized).jpg20180811104707209 (resized).jpg20180811104744295 (resized).jpg20180811104818427 (resized).jpg20180811104822777 (resized).jpg20180811104835687 (resized).jpg
    #194 6 months ago

More Saturday photos

20180811104627541 (resized).jpg20180811105103452 (resized).jpg20180811105154408 (resized).jpg20180811105236362 (resized).jpg20180811105254642 (resized).jpg20180811105317983 (resized).jpg20180811105349198 (resized).jpg20180811105412676 (resized).jpg20180811105433792 (resized).jpg20180811112252924 (resized).jpg20180811131531242 (resized).jpg20180811131550807 (resized).jpg20180811131606547 (resized).jpg20180811132213095 (resized).jpg20180811134923389 (resized).jpg20180811134948872 (resized).jpg20180811135011814 (resized).jpg20180811135028954 (resized).jpg20180811135606605 (resized).jpg20180811135635575 (resized).jpg20180811140113853 (resized).jpg20180811141102590 (resized).jpg20180811144803358 (resized).jpg20180811144900445 (resized).jpg20180811151059435 (resized).jpg20180811151114301 (resized).jpg20180811151154478 (resized).jpg20180811151211496 (resized).jpg20180811165334244 (resized).jpg20180811165350000 (resized).jpg20180811165357845 (resized).jpg20180811165412736 (resized).jpg20180811165422265 (resized).jpg
    #195 6 months ago

Wrap-up!

20180812101538845 (resized).jpg
    #196 6 months ago

If you visited or participated in the show, there is a quick survey available. If you have a few moments, please send in your thoughts. This will help shape the show for next year. Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WFYR9H5

#197 6 months ago

Photo of the tournament final 4.

saratoga (resized).jpg
    #198 5 months ago

Fire sale on the shirts--$6.50 each! Only 1 or 2 left in most sizes.

Archived after 34 days
    Sold (amount undisclosed)
    Contributed to Pinside
    Other - For Sale
    “Did you attend the 2018 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show or want to help support the show? I currently have T-shirts for the show made up in both orange and white in M, L, XL (s...”
    2018-08-28
    Ballston Spa, NY

#199 5 months ago

More show photos

IMG_20180810_155526 (resized).jpgIMG_20180810_160125 (resized).jpgIMG_20180810_160129 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_110845 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_114002 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_114059 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_125831 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_155730 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_171913 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_172540 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_173140 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_183409 (resized).jpg
    #200 5 months ago

A few more. I brought the two wedgeheads. Both have since been sold. I didn't take very many photos which is strange for me.

20180810_125117 (resized).jpg20180810_125124 (resized).jpg20180810_202754 (resized).jpg20180810_202945 (resized).jpg20180811_160131 (resized).jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 59.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 146.66
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 25.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.95
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside