1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 103 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180811_160131 (resized).jpg
    20180810_125124 (resized).jpg
    20180810_125117 (resized).jpg
    20180810_202945 (resized).jpg
    20180810_202754 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_183409 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_173140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_172540 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_125831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_171913 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_155730 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_114002 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_110845 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_114059 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180810_160125 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180810_160129 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 8 months ago

Here is the judging form for the Best in Show awards. If you think there should be any changes or additions to the descriptions, let me know.

Judging Form v3.pdf
    #52 8 months ago

I feel like requiring the flippers to just 'work' is a low bar. For a good score they shouldn't have slop, be strong, etc.

#53 8 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I feel like requiring the flippers to just 'work' is a low bar. For a good score they shouldn't have slop, be strong, etc.

True, that's probably more open to interpretation than it should be. I'll reword it.

#54 8 months ago

Ok, I updated the descriptions for most categories to make them a little bit more specific.

#55 8 months ago

Remaining flea market spaces:
    -Two 10x6
    -One 20x16 (can be split up into smaller spaces if there is demand)
    -Hallway spaces

#56 8 months ago

Since a few folks have been asking about this--if anyone wants to leave a key for their game at the check-in table, we will be able to take care of minor issues, such as stuck balls. There will be a locking keybox that will only be accessible to me and experienced techs/volunteers who may be on duty. So, if you don't want to stick around at the event all day, and would like to have a chance to explore Saratoga without having to worry about getting called back for stuck ball or something like that, you are welcome to leave us a key.

Note that anything extensive, such as board repairs or parts replacements, will still have to be addressed by the game owner.

#57 8 months ago

Three weeks until the show!

I'm still looking for volunteers to help out during setup and throughout the event. For the most part, all that would be involved is helping others set up games or flea market spaces, and help visitors with questions.

If you volunteer, you get in free

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/volunteer/

If you have experience with repairs & restoration, I'm still looking for judges to help with the "Best in Show" awards:

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/best-in-show/

The judging ballot is on the website if you would like to take a look at it ahead of time.

If anyone wants flyers to help spread the word about the event, I can provide as many printed copies as you need, or you can print a few off yourself using the PDF below. I also have a similar version as a 24x36 poster.

Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show - 2018 Flyer.pdf

#58 8 months ago

16 games registered so far! It's looking like a nice line-up

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/games/

If you're planning to bring a game, don't forget to register it!

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/game-registration/

There will be a free play raffle for anyone who brings a game--the more games you bring, the better than chance you have at winning a prize in the raffle. More prizes will be listed soon. If you register a game before midnight on Wednesday 8/1, you will be eligible for the Free Play Grand Prize Raffle!

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/game-registration/#Free_Play_Raffle_Details

#60 8 months ago

I'm hoping to bring two EM machines; most likely Gottlieb wedgeheads.
    Still have a Bally "Mad World" which is mostly working and has a fantastic playfield which I will bring to anyone interested. PM for details.

#61 8 months ago

It's coming down to the final 2 weeks leading up to the show! If you're planning to bring a game, please be sure to register it:

Any pinball machines or coin-operated arcade games are welcome!

Bringing a game will earn you free entry into the show, and an entry for the free play raffle! Prizes include a choice of a gift certificates for pinitech.com, pinballlife.com, and cometpinball.com. Other pinball-related items will also be in the prize pool.

#62 7 months ago

If you're bringing a game and have rubber feet/footies/castors, please bring them. The show floor is wood and may cause the games to slide around. Rubber pads will be provided if you do not already have rubber feet/footies/castors.

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/game-registration/#Stuff_to_Bring

pasted_image (resized).png
    #63 7 months ago

10 days!

If you haven't already registered games, there is plenty of space

Don't forget--if you bring a game, you will be entered into the free play raffle.

Prizes include:
    * A $50 Grand Prize Gift Certificate for Pinitech.com if you register a game before midnight on 8/1
    * Four $25 Gift Certificates for PinballLife.com
    * Two $25 Gift Certificates for Pinitech.com
    * Two $25 Gift Certificates for CometPinball.com
    * Various pinball-related items

#64 7 months ago

Any out of towners find a decent priced hotel that's not too far away?

#65 7 months ago
    Quoted from docquest:

You should be able to find something in Albany fairly easily. When it comes to Saratoga, August, and Inexpensive, you can only pick two.

#66 7 months ago

Albany might be too far (just my opinion) I live in Johnstown and its roughly 45 minutes from Saratoga. Johnstown has several hotels, on the way closer to Amsterdam are several microtels and hotels as well

#67 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinsideMike:

Albany might be too far (just my opinion) I live in Johnstown and its roughly 45 minutes from Saratoga. Johnstown has several hotels, on the way closer to Amsterdam are several microtels and hotels as well

On this note, any with kids can make a weekend of it by staying up near Queensbury & hitting up Six Flags

#68 7 months ago
    Quoted from ozuba:

On this note, any with kids can make a weekend of it by staying up near Queensbury & hitting up Six Flags

Here's a link to it if anyone is interested: https://www.sixflags.com/greatescape

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Escape_(amusement_park)

#69 7 months ago
    Quoted from ozuba:

Ive still got to make a trip there this year with my boy.

Thanks
    Blake

#70 7 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Rubber pads will be provided if you do not already have rubber feet/footies/castors.

Those are neat. What were they before you converted them to castors?

#71 7 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Those are neat. What were they before you converted them to castors?

They were stiff rubber mats for some of the fitness equipment at the Y, which helped protect the floors and prevented the equipment from moving around. I was able to re-purpose a couple damaged/worn mats to use as pinball footies.

#72 7 months ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I’m at the Hampton Inn in Clifton Park. It was “reasonable” for what it is, and I tend to like Hampton. I think it’s about 20 mins from the show.

#73 7 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They were stiff rubber mats for some of the fitness equipment at the Y, which helped protect the floors and prevented the equipment from moving around. I was able to re-purpose a couple damaged/worn mats to use as pinball footies

I wonder if they would also work as fatigue mats... At $75 a pop the titan mats are rather expensive, they do look great though.

#74 7 months ago

Small PSA, if anyone has a GOTG in the Saratoga Springs area they would like to sell and bring to the show it would give me an excuse to drive down from up north and attend

#75 7 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder if they would also work as fatigue mats... At $75 a pop the titan mats are rather expensive, they do look great though.

They are probably a bit too stiff to use as fatigue mats--there isn't really any "give" to this material.

#76 7 months ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Small PSA, if anyone has a GOTG in the Saratoga Springs area they would like to sell and bring to the show it would give me an excuse to drive down from up north and attend

There is one registered that will be for sale.

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/games/

#77 7 months ago

I saw but it doesn't say who is selling it or price

#78 7 months ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I saw but it doesn't say who is selling it or price

It's herbertbsharp 's game. I don't know what he plans on asking for it.

#79 7 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's herbertbsharp 's game. I don't know what he plans on asking for it.

Thx

#80 7 months ago

Good news--a food truck will be at the show on Saturday for lunch and dinner:

https://www.facebook.com/CreativeCaterersSaratoga/

• Burgers
    • Hot dogs
    • Chicken Tenders
    • Quesadillas
    • Sausage & Peppers
    • Nachos
    • Tater Tots
    • Mozzarella Sticks
    • Chips & Drinks
    #81 7 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

nice!

#82 7 months ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I booked a room in Albany a month ago for a little over $100. Don't know if any are still available though. Albany isn't very far away from the show.

#83 7 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Burgers
    Hot dogs
    Chicken Tenders
    Quesadillas
    Sausage & Peppers
    Nachos
    Tater Tots
    Mozzarella Sticks
    Chips & Drinks

Nothing for Friday though?

#84 7 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You want to eat two days in a row? It is a pinball show not a place to go for dinner. JUST KIDDING!

#85 7 months ago

I hope I don’t get kicked out of the show.

#86 7 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Unless something changes in the next few days, it doesn't look like it. I haven't been able to book anyone for that day, mainly due to trucks having other commitments.

Would anyone be willing to chip in a few bucks for pizzas on Friday?

#87 7 months ago

Only about 3 hours until midnight!

Register a game before then to be eligible for the grand prize in the free play raffle:

#88 7 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sure. Still trying to navigate the logistics of getting a game there too.

#89 7 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yes!

Just registered 2 games to bring, Lost in Space '65 retheme and Evel Knievel.

#90 7 months ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Yes!

I just saw your entry roll in--I'm looking forward to seeing that Lost in Space again! It turned out really well

For anyone who didn't see it yet, I recorded a quick video of it at Pintastic in July:

#91 7 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I just saw your entry roll in--I'm looking forward to seeing that Lost in Space again! It turned out really well
    For anyone who didn't see it yet, I recorded a quick video of it at Pintastic in July:

I just got some more gadgets for the game this week that I hope to installed by the weekend.

#92 7 months ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Yes!

The Community Chip-in Pizza Party sounds like a good plan for Friday...from Pope's maybe?? My buddy took me there last year and I thought it was pretty good, and I try to avoid chain store places...but in the end I really don't care. Whatever works best...

Sean

#93 7 months ago

There are now over 25 games registered, with at least a couple more on the way!

It looks like a Houdini will be appearing on Saturday!

#94 7 months ago

I ended up building a rack to help transport all the playfield glass that will be available at the show:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rack-for-transporting-playfield-glass

I'll list what's going available after inspect it and transport it later today.

#95 7 months ago

I stay in Albany, many choices and it's racing season. There is an Addams Family at McGearys a walk away from the Hampton In near N Pearl Street

#96 7 months ago

The glass is in!

Standard (21" x 43") - $40
    Quantity Available: 8
    Various games

WPC SuperPin (23-3/4" x 43") - $60
    Quantity Available: 3
    Demolition Man, Indiana Jones (Williams), Popeye Saves the Earth, Red & Ted's Road Show, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Twilight Zone

Classic Stern Widebody (24-9/16" x 45-3/4") - $60
    Quantity Available: 3
    Big Game, Cheetah, Flight 2000, Freefall, Iron Madien, Split Second, Viper

Gottlieb System 80 Widebody (24-5/8" x 48-3/8") - $60
    Quantity Available: 4
    Black Hole, Counterforce, Eclipse, Force II, Haunted House, James Bond 007, Panthera, Pink Panther, Spider-Man, Time Line, Volcano, Devil's Dare, Punk!, Q*Bert's Quest, Striker

Classic Bally Widebody (27-1/2" x 43") - $60
    Quantity Available: 5
    Embryon, Future Spa, Hotdoggin', Paragon, Space Invaders

Used standard glass: $5

The glass will be in the flea market and will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

#98 7 months ago

Who else is working like a madman this weekend to prep games for the show?

#99 7 months ago

I did the prep work on Metallica weeks ago. The only thing left is to replace the decal on one side of the head, and that should be easy.

#100 7 months ago

The show date is rapidly approaching, and I hope everyone is excited as I am! There is still lots to do before the doors open, but I was hoping you might be able to help with one thing.

The number of games is currently sitting at about 30--the show currently has a capacity of 50.

If you know of others who have games who might be interested in the show, please invite them and try to encourage them bring a game! I know there are probably a number of collectors in the area who either were still thinking about it or might not have heard about the show, so if you could help spread the word and maybe give them a little nudge of encouragement, that would be a huge help!

This isn't just limited to pinball machines--if someone wants to bring a video arcade game or anything else that is coin operated, all games are welcome!

I know that moving a game can sometimes be an effort, but the more games that appear in this local show of ours also means the more fun it will be!

Anyone who brings a game will get free entry to the show and will be entered into the free play raffle, which includes a number of gift certificates and pinball-related items.

Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 64.95
    $ 209.99
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 214.99
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 59.99
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 209.99
    There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside