Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by erczilla
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Roger Sharpe-Barracora (resized).jpg
    rockymountain (resized).jpg
    71CD6313-1679-4C67-9A5B-8A843FD5208F (resized).jpeg
    9F157337-676B-4A0F-B460-32FA974EB8E9 (resized).jpeg
    2CFD6FB1-2E7B-4A7B-A513-C2CFE98B5EAF (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20180610-183155 (resized).png
    905680B0-CA14-47F1-833D-8C063A8602DD (resized).jpeg
    8FEFA94B-17A5-4532-B5DB-F24A16B30FD8 (resized).jpeg
    20180609_145454 (resized).jpg
    20180609_145526 (resized).jpg
    874D92A3-F7B1-41ED-AFAD-837C807FC5C5 (resized).jpeg
    2018 Rocky mt. Pinball Showdown (resized).jpg
    7895421 (resized).jpg
    35 71199 (resized).jpg
    57i f rtf gg (resized).jpg
    IMG_67101 (resized).jpg
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Thought we could use a RMPS 2018 thread. I've been out of town in mid-June the last few years so haven't been to one since 2014, and am looking forward to a couple of days of great pinball!

Here's the official website, seems to be all updated for 2018:
    http://pinballshowdown.com/index.html

RMPS 2018RMPS 2018

#2 6 years ago

Looking forward to it!

#3 6 years ago

Definitely looking forward to this. It'll be my first show.

#4 6 years ago

Iron Transfer will have a booth there showing off our 4 models of PinRemote™. Stop by and meet us!

#5 6 years ago

Got some friends coming in from CA for this one. Looking forward to it!

#6 6 years ago

mcbPalisade what exactly is PinRemote? Did a google search and nothing came up.

#7 6 years ago

PinRemote™: It is a circuit that allows you to control your [modern, right now] pinball machine with your cell phone.

I have a Pinside store established but haven't "opened" it yet. For now see http://www.IronXfer.com

They aren't really for sale yet but there will be 4 models from home user edition to an Admission Fee Arcade model. I'm in the code quality assurance phase now.

mcb

#8 6 years ago

Thanks! Looks cool.

#9 6 years ago

I get out to a good number of shows, but this one is always my favorite pinball weekend of the year. It's not as big or flashy as something like TPF, but the social scene in Denver is unmatched. The games are always in excellent condition, the attendees are very knowledgeable about pinball (where else do you see a Stern Magic win best in show?!), and the venue is very comfortable and nice.

#10 6 years ago

Looking forward to it as always. Trying to decide what games to take this year

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Looking forward to it as always. Trying to decide what games to take this year

I would not be upset to see that Sorcerer of yours again. Also, I've spied that Funhouse of yours...it's looking rad.

#12 6 years ago

Looking forward to it, as always!!!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I would not be upset to see that Sorcerer of yours again. Also, I've spied that Funhouse of yours...it's looking rad.

His Space Station is also pretty as they come.

#14 6 years ago

I'm planning on bringing a couple of bingos again this year. I know maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I am trying to give exposure to folks. This will be the third year. I'm the only one to ever bring a bingo to the show.

#15 6 years ago

Are there any speakers or speaking times at this event?

Might like to talk about technical things.

Thanks

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Are there any speakers or speaking times at this event?
    Might like to talk about technical things.
    Thanks

Yes, I've done a live show every year for the past 4 (5?) years now. Anyway, I'm looking to do something different this year. Maybe it could be more along the lines of a game or maybe a common tech tip Q&A. I'm open to ideas of what sort of live content people would be into.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Sorcerer could be a maybe, funhouse is probably going to be a no. I’m thinking xenon if I can figure out the reset issue it has, genesis, space station, and maybe something else. Not sure how many games I want to put the energy into bringing.

Quoted from soapblox:

His Space Station is also pretty as they come.

Oh man thanks!! Hopefully I’ll be bringing it up for the showdown

#18 6 years ago

Is anyone bringing their games? I'm bringing my MMr and GB prem. It was fun and a lot of work.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from jaystile:

Is anyone bringing their games? I'm bringing my MMr and GB prem. It was fun and a lot of work.

Last year I brought my restored Genie and it had problems on day 1 and 2 but was up and working on Sunday. I'm still planning on bringing a game or two, but need to see how it works with my schedule (I have to leave a day earlier and come back a day later when hauling pins). I'm looking to bring stuff that the show doesn't see very often, which would include one or two of the following:

- Heavy Metal Meltdown
    - Swords of Fury
    - Central Park
    - Ice Revue

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Last year I brought my restored Genie and it had problems on day 1 and 2 but was up and working on Sunday. I'm still planning on bringing a game or two, but need to see how it works with my schedule (I have to leave a day earlier and come back a day later when hauling pins). I'm looking to bring stuff that the show doesn't see very often, which would include one or two of the following:
    - Heavy Metal Meltdown
    - Swords of Fury
    - Central Park
    - Ice Revue

I vote Heavy Metal Meltdown! Played it at Pinburgh but thats it

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

- Heavy Metal Meltdown
    - Swords of Fury
    - Central Park
    - Ice Revue

You can bring that SoF and leave it with me after. Plus you need to pick up Evel kanivel

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Its_me_aj:

You can bring that SoF and leave it with me after. Plus you need to pick up Evel kanivel

Yes, I definitely need to get that hauled back. Might have to bring one so I have room to pack that back.

#23 6 years ago

I'm looking forward to playing the new POTC. I'm thinking about putting the pinstadium lights on my MMr before the show, but that price point has kept me from pulling the trigger .

1 week later
    #24 5 years ago

Guys- any restorers coming to the Showdown that have the WPC warning screen? Could I pay you to use it on my Funhouse restoration? I know you can buy this thing but it is pretty spendy.

I also posted this in the Colorado for sale thread. Anyone who can help would be very appreciated!

#25 5 years ago

For those of you that inquired, we will not be able to attend this year due to multiple family obligations at the same time.

Sorry for any dissapointed feelings.

#26 5 years ago

Been to the last five shows and was thinking about not going this year but as we get closer...never mind I will be there.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

For those of you that inquired, we will not be able to attend this year due to multiple family obligations at the same time.
    Sorry for any dissapointed feelings.

That is a bummer and a big gap. Thanks for letting us know, you will be missed.

#28 5 years ago

Is this the last year it will overlap with the Northwest show?

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

And southern fried in Atlanta. It would be nice if these couple all be separate shows, esoivially for yhe manufacturers. It's hard to have spooky, american, even jjp and stern personal at each show as some of these companies only have a handful of "celebrities."

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Is RMPS moving to a different weekend next year?

#31 5 years ago

It used to be in March a few years ago. I heard it was moved to June to avoid the snow. I liked it in March personally.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Is RMPS moving to a different weekend next year?

Not sure, but I thought I heard that they were going to be able to shift the dates of one of the shows going forward. I'm not sure if that had actually happened or not.

#33 5 years ago

The Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown needs your help. We are 30 days out and we need games! Help us to break our goal of 300 games for the first time ever.

Come be part of the festival. Without our awesome community, there would be no show.

Check out the rewards for bringing games at pinballshowdown.com

Thank You,
    Dan

A8F4DD6F-EB35-4177-8A10-1273EC2DDFC1 (resized).jpegA8F4DD6F-EB35-4177-8A10-1273EC2DDFC1 (resized).jpeg

#34 5 years ago

Is there a layout diagram for the exhibitors? Something that shows the power distribution? Thanks

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Is there a layout diagram for the exhibitors? Something that shows the power distribution? Thanks

I don’t know about exhibitor booths, but I’ve brought 30-35 games to the free play floor for the past few years and power hasn’t been an issue at all for me.

Kevin

#36 5 years ago

JJ -> Game Exchange, are you getting a room and hosting something this year?

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kevkat:

... and power hasn’t been an issue at all for me.
    Kevin

They are still working on the layout. Probably only of interest to exhibitors.

1 week later
    #39 5 years ago

I'm, uh, not super feeling great about the main bank of games. I'll still compete, but I can't say that I'm excited by the lineup. Classics looks awesome.

#40 5 years ago

It looks like a particularly great list of games this year.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

- Heavy Metal Meltdown
    - Swords of Fury
    - Central Park
    - Ice Revue

My vote is for Heavy Metal M m m m m MMMMeltdown!!! I know you described a playfield swap on the last show, which is a huge undertaking, but it would be really sweet to see there. Definitely one that doesn't get out there much.

#42 5 years ago

I usually drive down on a Friday and set up my games amidst the chaos of a show already in progress. Then I leave Sunday night and don't get back until 2am. However, this year is different.... I'm leaving a day earlier and staying a day later to give myself some breathing room. Bringing 4 machines this year instead of 2, so that will help, plus were traveling as a group with a trailer so I can help with my friends' games as well. Looking forward to it. Not sure if we'll go that route from now on but we'll see how it goes.

#43 5 years ago

Just booked my flights and room. Crazy that there are three big shows on one weekend, but after doing Southern Fried last year, I felt that this year I should come check out the showdown.

I'll be spending a good chunk of my time hanging out with Houdini and the great folks from Game Exchange.

I'll also be doing a talk about American Pinball's journey in bringing Houdini to life, while I have not gotten confirmation, I believe it is scheduled for 4PM on Saturday, and if you have legs like mine, I suspect it is a time of day many of you will looking for a nice place to sit for a bit, so make a note of it.

I'm looking forward to seeing and meeting many of you -- some of you not so much.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

JJ -> Game Exchange, are you getting a room and hosting something this year?

Yes Second Floor. More info to come. A couple of Games in the room, food and lots and lots of drinks.

JJ

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

A couple of Games in the room, food and lots and lots of drinks.

Fantastic! Fun fun fun!

(I think I have my printed badge from last year lying around somewhere)

#46 5 years ago

Got this bad boy for sale, I can bring down with me if anyone is interested

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Sadly looking to part with my RZLE #20 as I am out of space and time, only 50 of these made and it really is a great game at a great price. Game is in great shape, I am the 1st and...”
    2018-05-21
    Greeley, CO
    4,800 (OBO)
    Archived after: 16 days
    Viewed: 1525 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#47 5 years ago

2018 Shirts and hats are in. Limited quantities of Long Sleeve Blue are available for $30, as well as the standard T-Shirts. Limited hats are also available and for sale at pinballshowdown.com. You can also place your order at [email protected]

Grey shirts are printed on the front with a red logo on the middle top center on the back.
    Blue shirts are printed on the back with the same full color logo on the left chest.

32910923_10156499748448103_7761401049453166592_n (resized).jpg32910923_10156499748448103_7761401049453166592_n (resized).jpg

32807513_10156499748433103_338856706152857600_n (resized).jpg32807513_10156499748433103_338856706152857600_n (resized).jpg

47B86112-1FDB-4D9F-BE37-60440BF34949 (resized).jpeg47B86112-1FDB-4D9F-BE37-60440BF34949 (resized).jpeg

675942 (resized).jpg675942 (resized).jpg

#48 5 years ago

Is there a floor layout available yet? Thanks

#49 5 years ago

Ok, so our live show is going to be at 6:30pm on Friday. We're going to finalize the Mount Plungemore (Mount Rushmore of Pinball) selections there, give away some free stuff, and talk some pinball. Freebies (so far) include stickers, shirts, Pinball Life gift certificate, and PinGulps. It'll be pretty casual, but a bit more organized than in previous years. Hope to see some of you!

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Ok, so our live show is going to be at 6:30pm on Friday. We're going to finalize the Mount Plungemore (Mount Rushmore of Pinball) selections there, give away some free stuff, and talk some pinball. Freebies (so far) include stickers, shirts, Pinball Life gift certificate, and PinGulps. It'll be pretty casual, but a bit more organized than in previous years. Hope to see some of you!

Where will this be held?

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-rocky-mountain-pinball-showdown-june-8-10-2018 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.