Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 5 years ago

Been going to this show since the beginning. This year, I came on Sat. around noontime, with the possibility of snagging one of the Houdini pins from Cointaker....and I did.

Positives:
    Lots of new games to try: Houdini, Iron Maiden, POTC.
    Seminar room was comfortable
    Free-play room wasn't as crowded as it has been in past years
    Kids tournament. Such a great idea.

Negatives:
    Vendors continue to diminish. This 'was' my primary motivation for coming to the show.
    Never got a chance to play POTC due to long lines.

Suggestions:
    -Show schedule flyers at the ticket booth (did not see any). I had no idea what time specific events were taking place.
    -More vendors, although I am not sure how to entice vendors to participate.
    -Limit free-play game areas in the vendor space or perhaps separate it a bit more. It can be difficult to talk to vendors with the added sounds of pins being played.

Takeaway:
    I love having a show in New England, and happily pay the admission price to attend. Next year, I will try going on Friday night rather than dedicating an entire Sat. to it, especially if vendors continue to decline. Thanks for putting this show together.

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I think many people did not take advantage of the games in the SNHPC Club Room either. Some of us on the staff think it's just a matter of signage.
    .................David Marston

I thought that was a private area just for their tournament.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Ok I am a little confused.....
    I have never been to a big pin event, but have thought about going but after reading some of what I have read on the post, I gotta say something. Might ruffle some feathers, so I apologize in advance.
    It sounds like you have to pay to go to these events. Fine I don't have a problem with that, but when someone posts a comment like..." I saw people hogging games" I saw people being rough with games" the response back always seems to be, "You should have reported that, you should have told someone.
    Why does it fall back to the attendee of the event to be the police for the event??? Where are the people that put on the event and why are they not taking charge of it and watching what's going on??
    I would never bring a game to a event like that if I knew this kind of abuse to machines was going on.
    Now I know someone will say. "We all a big pin community and we watch out for each other", but that doesn't seem to be the case when these fellow pinball lovers are acting the way they do.
    Just saying...................

Pinball abuse usually happens more during competition and if there is alcohol involved. Not always, but more often. I did not see any abuse.

Don't believe the hype though....The pinball community is not the "all loving, warm and fuzzy family" that some make it out to be. It's actually closer to your average high school and all the various cliques. There are some great people, and some not so much. The "warm and fuzzy" hype is mostly people talking about their own little clique. That being said, I have met some pretty amazing people in pinball across all of the cliques.

#181 5 years ago

I'd suggest pinball cos-play, but given the demographics, that could get realllll scary. "Oh look, it's Stay Puft"...."No, I'm supposed to be SilverBallMania".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=personx99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.