Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matesamo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I agree and we will be opening up the EBL to premium ticket holders earlier next year.

I had the LE ticket which got me access to the room all day and I feel that, if the EBL is going to be a thing again, that opening it up to all badge holders at 6pm is a great idea. Once the discount evening prices go into effect at the box office badge holders can escape the masses into the EBL.

#70 5 years ago

This was the first year I brought a game and wound up with two games on the floor by Saturday night. The old WW2 era pre-flipper Bumper game got a ton of plays and I actually checked on it every couple of hours since it hadn't been used that extensively in 80+ years. There were some small issues but I managed to keep it up and running all weekend and people really seemed to dig it.

As usual I brought the family up the entire time and they all had a blast playing the games, enjoying the pool and the entertainment Gabe had set up and we will be back all four days again next year.

As for some of the comments above, here are my suggestions:

* Facebook is not a great way to communicate updates and schedule changes. The algorithm they use could push or even eliminate posts from peoples timelines. Use Twitter if you want to communicate changes, anyone can see the Pinside account and all the posts are in order. (cue complaints about technology now)

* Take a page from sporting events and set up a text number for attendees to send issues on the fly. Have one staff member carry the phone and check on any texts that come in and respond. That way people do not have to leave the line or event they are at to report an issue. It could be as simple as someone texting about the Houdini "One more game" player and the member could a) address the player directly and/or let Cointaker know there is an issue. The staff member could simply instruct or guide the situation from there. You can set up a temporary text number just for the weekend or invest in 800-Pintastic. The good thing about this is there is a data trail for repeat offenders such as people who are abusing machines.

* A couple of rope stanchions leading up to the newest game titles with a sign explaining one game per trip would work wonders.

* Invest in printing up a lot of magnets of an arrow with "Press Start" printed on them and put them on coin doors when needed.

* As a buyer of the LE package I have no issues with letting in all pass holders at 6pm when the admission price drops. 6am-6pm is plenty of time for the LE package.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

One other suggestion is to move the thankyou raffle away from the door where people were trying to roll their pins out after 10 PM . Way too
    Much congestion and I kept asking people to step aside . It was nerve racking and difficult to navigate through the traffic. Nobody wants to hit or be hit by a 250 lb. moving wooden box

Yes, moving it to the empty seminar room would be a great idea. Would love to be able to sit on a chair while waiting, lol. It was a long couple of days!

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

Not sure if this is a version specific feature, but QR scanning is built into the iPhone camera now. Just pull up the camera app and point it at the QR code and it will display a notification to pull up the QR code link. Couldn't be easier.

I did not know this! Huh, what a world.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This is true but day pass attendees don’t have access to this until after 11 and many of these games were not powered up or not on free play. There were a ton of holes in the free play room that these games could have gone to. If the vendor area was sold out how did they fit 20 games in there?

They also want to ensure a selection of games in the vender area to get traffic to the sellers, its all part of the floor layout.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matesamo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=matesamo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.