Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mainelycoasters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I'll start this off with a THANK YOU to the organizers and everyone else involved that makes Pintastic the show that it is. With that being out of the way,
    I would have purchased three 1 day premium passes if available.
    Seminars are very good, so keep them coming.
    I saw more than once new pinball players not knowing how to start an EM and walking away. I showed more than one person the little faded red button on coin door for a Gottlieb machine.
    Maybe we can have a poster showing different coin doors of machines pointing to the reset/start-up button. Some of the SS machines have a push button wired to coin up switch dangling out the coin door to put credits on.
    Bathrooms- much cleaner than last year.
    Not to offend anyone but there was a lot LESS alcohol being consumed and made for a better experience.
    I don't think multi-player games should be allowed during prime hours,waiting till later in the evening would be better so that no one is standing there for an hour to try a machine. I understand friends want to play together and it's fun but this is a show to share, you guys are not at home.
    I'm overall very happy with the time I had at show and look forward to next year. Thanks again.
    -Mike

Good idea with showing the start button..also an idea to label the apron or have people warch for 5 ball games. Many of the older games run 5 and not the more modern 3 ball. Some of the less experienced people left at ball 3 on 5 ball games.

#65 5 years ago

One big thing i would like to drill into people is if you see a game issue, one that can harm the game....ie stuck ball and game in endless ball searches please shut it down. The same can go for parts that come loose or get knocked out.

Sadly my Monster Bash got a nice scratch due to a rail that came loose and people kept playing it after a ball was stuck up there. I was able to fix the rail and return it to play but the brand new pf now has a good scratch in the clear. I think i can fix it. This is one reason many other collectors wont bring higher titles.

We did have several higher titles in vendor hall for a reason. We want people to go down there...visit vendors. 5 dmd titles with pin stadium, 8 to 9 in the middle near pingraffix qnd automated.

I had a monster bash, tron, avatar, pinball magic, austin powers, and twister. Gabe had 4 or 5 there as well....all dmd. These were availible for anyone to get to with a wrist band as well.

The vendors help us make the show and one way we are trying to help them is to drive people into the vendor hall where they may shop and buy at least a little something.

#127 5 years ago

I know I was part of the reason games did not come. I brought 6 of the 10 pins I had planned to bring but lets face it sometimes life gets in the way. Bride decided she did not want to power up, on a night before pretest, and was scratched. Sadly I do not have time to be there for all the issues of freeplay and tend to a game I bring being very problematic. Circus and GNR both stayed here do to time issues and needing a bit more shop work with both having switch errors still. I did bring 6 pinball machines, and 2 video cabs. Good thing since we had very few video cabs and they were played nearly non stop. Tron, Monster Bash and Avatar got tons of play as well. I think some forget that 15 or 20 games in the vendor hall were freeplay games. pinstadium booth was 5 DMD games. the 11 in the middle as well. Free play game titles I personally know we had for dmd, Adams x 2 Cactus Canyon, Creature, White Water, TSPP, Tron, Monster Bash, Avatar, ripley, game of thrones prem, batman 66, ash vs walking dead, moe, Lost in Space retheme, fishtales, guardians, theater of magic, pinball magic, judge dread, World cup soccer, NGG, Stargate, Water world, Star trek DE, BK2K, xmen le, yes all of those games were in freeplay or vendor hall and not in EBL. They may have had other copies in the EBL but at least one copy of them was availible to all people at the show. This list did not include the 20 that's right 20 brand new games Automated aka pinballs.com brought with them!

personally I love seeing older games and em games. I do not own any em, and only a couple older games. we had some amazing examples of older games too. Gorgar and Firepower with beautiful playfields come to mind. We had many rare titles like Vegas, Time Fantasy and a few others that I don't recall names of.

I was there when we laied out the floor Wednesday till Monday am when I woke up to drive it all back home.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This is true but day pass attendees don’t have access to this until after 11 and many of these games were not powered up or not on free play. There were a ton of holes in the free play room that these games could have gone to. If the vendor area was sold out how did they fit 20 games in there?

11 am till like 8 or 9 pm. I think Saturday was 10 am. but even if it was 11am, it was plenty of time to get in there. As for games powered down well when they have issue it happens. TRON, Twister, and Bash all went down, got repaired as soon as I could and got them back up. It is pinball man. things will break after well 8 straight hours of play.....I will set my Audits but would be willing to bet average on a DMD pin in vendor hall or free play would be 600 to 800 plays durring the show. that is more then most pins in a personal collection will get in years and games on route take months to get that sometimes. This was over 3 or 4 days. You can not expect every single game to be up all day. Heck one reason my Bash went down was I had to reinstall and glue in a rail that had scratched the brand new playfield I had just put in. I downed it for the night like 1 hour before vendor hall closed and the next am turned it back on and it ran the rest of the show. had a coil go bad in it and rebuilt that flipper during the show with a new coil. just to keep it going so people could enjoy it. I very easily when it did the PF scratch could have pulled it for the weekend....but I did not.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

mainelycoasters , And that Avatar........ :p

only minor changes from the work you did. I have to figure out the interactive back box since it got unhooked when i was fixing speakers and did not have the time to put that part back together. I did change out the lower section of led to be more white. other then that for the most part it is how I bought it from you. Still the awesome machine it was then.....but your skills have come a long way to the next gen you sold me is OMG amazing!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mainelycoasters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=mainelycoasters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.