Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

First of all, it’s the bad behavior that people complain about. When I was watching people play interesting games, they always turned around when they finished the game and asked me if I wanted it. 98% of the people were friendly and courteous. It’s those couple of knuckleheads that get the posts though.
    Same is true for “roughing up” games. The vast majority of people treat them with respect and are just thrilled to be able to play them there.
    Cost: yes, there are a LOT of expenses to put on a show like that, so of course there is a cost to get in.
    Policing: Yup, it does sort of fall back on us experienced people to help look out for things. Not one person has been asked to do anything about it, just let the staff know about it. They all had walkie talkies and could get in contact with the help needed. Then the staff or Gabe could handle it. They don’t want people confronting the rude ones, they just need to know about it.
    I’ve brought games, and they were fine there. If I didn’t have a truck full of test equipment to get there, I’d bring games.
    Once you do go to an event like that, you will quickly realize how friendly and respectful everyone is. Those aren’t the stories you hear here, but that was the prevalent vibe at the show. A nice group of people enjoying the hobby they love.

Unforunately, one knucklehead results in an f'd up machine. Doesn't really matter to the owner whether 98% or 99.9% treated the machine well, because in the end, the machine is f'd up. I saw a guy pushing the DI cab around and people looked his way, meaning that's not just nudging. Everyone else I saw was courteous to the waiting line and respectful to the machine. All it takes is one game abuser, as we all know. I am grateful at the chance to play a nice MB, it is hard to find them in the field for determining if I want to buy the remake.

Anyone noticed anyone playing the free game on a high enough score, while people were waiting? I never saw any of that. I just let my free game go on MB and got back in line.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.