Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Nobody wants to hit or be hit by a 250 lb. moving wooden box

Or even a thirty pound one like my cooler! Man, what bad timing that guy had sitting down on the curb just as I was passing by with my cooler. He was obviously snookered, but I think I whacked him sober!

#97 5 years ago

I brought my two sons and we all had a great time. Nothing is perfect, and you can't please everyone, but thanks to Gabe and everyone who worked very hard to make it as perfect as possible, and who will work even harder to make it more perfect next year.
    No complaints from me about the show itself because I know I couldn't come close to doing it better on my best day.
    Of course the human element is always present in a public venue. Those who are ignorant (they don't live and breathe pinball as we do), and those who are just plain inconsiderate of others, can make these events a little trying at times. Luckily, theIr effects are more than nullified by all the friendly and courteous people who attend.
    Many thanks also to all who brought games, especially to Mr. La Porta who brought his one and only game, an outstanding example of Williams "Firepower". It was a blast to play!
    Thanks for sharing that great machine with us.
    JR

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Wasn't much there for me, rooms were too cramped and too hot. So that means people were there and interested to see what was there.
    -Mike

There was a reasonably decent "Old Chicago" there, but it went for more than I would pay, especially when you add in the premium and the sales tax.
    Also a Williams "Spanish Eyes" that went pretty cheap, but I bought a much better one off CL a while back for half as much.
    A "Big Guns" sold for silly money. Someone must have really wanted it bad.

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I can see where a 15% auction fee and 6% sales tax can add up quickly.

The advertised buyer's premium was 15%, but the auctioneer made an announcement that it was actually 20%. That went over like a fart in church!

Added over 6 years ago:

Correction:
    The advertised buyer's premium was 10%, but before the auction began, the auctioneer announced that it was actually 15%.
    JR

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

It always amazes me how many people "bitch" about something with every show. I have never been able to make it up to Pintastic but I know Gabe & his crew work their asses off to make the show as good as possible each year. If it wasn't for guys like Gabe, Ivan (at Allentown) and Rich (at York) we wouldn't have three great shows here on the east coast every year. So instead of the constant "bitching" how about more positive energy towards each show!
    I also have to "tip my hat" to Force Flow for being one of only a few guys actually doing something positive as far as shows go by trying to get a NY show on the map. This is his second year running his local show and it sounds like it will be even better than last year.
    For some of you guys that don't like what there promoters are doing - why don't you just put up the thousands of dollars up front money it takes to get a show off the ground and start your own show? If you think you can do it so much better - show us!

Some of it is bitching, but most is positive feedback. Gabe seems to be taking all the commentary in, and responding in a mature and rational manner. I'm sure he's using much of the feedback to improve next year's show. You're certainly right about one thing; you'll never be able to please everyone.

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Remember to try to support as many local shows as possible by bringing machines, being a vendor, or volunteering to help for a few hours.

Amen! The only thing that I personally disliked about my experience at the show is how many of my pinball friends found one reason or another, or no reason at all not to attend. If you're any kind of a pinball enthusiast, the shows are a must, and bringing a game or two really helps. Pintastic is like a pinball show/vacation.
    It's not terribly far away for most of us in the northeast, and the great thing about it is that you park when you get there and don't really need to drive again until you're leaving even if you're staying all weekend. If you're in the northeast and into pinball, be there or be nowhere!

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I tried to double-check this with the people involved. I think the actual numbers are 10% and 15%, respectively. I wasn't there at the time of this announcement, so I'm relying on people who were there. I know our web page and advance materials said 10% buyer's premium.
    I've started discussions with the Auction Team about next year. We want to be clear and consistent on the fees and other terms.
    .................David Marston

Oh, ok yeah. Advertised was 10%, actual was 15%. That's correct.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.