Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jadziedzic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

Does anyone know what was going on with the nicely restored Medusa that was on the back row? Unfortunately it sat unplayable for most of the event. I had seen the techs were trying to tend to it, but it must have been beyond simple repair.

The upper left eject hole switch was not registering reliably during game play (but worked fine in diagnostics). We never did come up with a good theory, it could have been something in the switch matrix wiring. Just one of those gremlins that aren't easily addressable on-site at a show.

Interesting background factoid: This was the first playfield swap done by the owner; having looked at the innards while chasing the eject hole issue, I have to say he did an excellent job on a really complex playfield.

#94 5 years ago

I'd like to publicly thank the volunteer members on the 2018 Pintastic repair team: Eric B, Samuel B, Gary D, Andrew G, Ashlie G, Brian McC, Paul P, and Andrew V. These folks worked LONG shifts (and extra shifts), and were kept busy chasing after the myriad issues that crop up in the free play areas; they all deserve a (virtual) pat on the back for their efforts.

The QR code-based repair ticket reporting system may have had its birthing pains, but it really did make it a LOT easier for the repair team to keep track of issues, and I believe we received a LOT more tickets than last year (I'm sure Dave Marston will have those details available for me shortly ). We'll continue to investigate ways to make it easier to report problems with games (such as trouble reporting kiosks).

And a special thank you goes to the game bringers who spent the time before the show to get their games shaken out and dialed in. Excluding stuck balls, the majority of games were remarkably trouble free.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jadziedzic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=jadziedzic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.