Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grizlyrig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'll start this off with a THANK YOU to the organizers and everyone else involved that makes Pintastic the show that it is. With that being out of the way,

I would have purchased three 1 day premium passes if available.

Seminars are very good, so keep them coming.
    I saw more than once new pinball players not knowing how to start an EM and walking away. I showed more than one person the little faded red button on coin door for a Gottlieb machine.
    Maybe we can have a poster showing different coin doors of machines pointing to the reset/start-up button. Some of the SS machines have a push button wired to coin up switch dangling out the coin door to put credits on.

Bathrooms- much cleaner than last year.

Not to offend anyone but there was a lot LESS alcohol being consumed and made for a better experience.

I don't think multi-player games should be allowed during prime hours,waiting till later in the evening would be better so that no one is standing there for an hour to try a machine. I understand friends want to play together and it's fun but this is a show to share, you guys are not at home.
    I'm overall very happy with the time I had at show and look forward to next year. Thanks again.
    -Mike

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I wanted to play a little more of Jack's Pirates since I only played an early version. I got behind 2 guys putting in 4 player games. Pointed it out and was told "everyone else is doing it".

Again something that needs to be talked about to resolve. It should be common courtesy and I see that those doing it really don't care.
    I now see the reasons for volunteers as we need babysitters walking the floor to help with these issues.
    -Mike

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Couldn't hear the event announcements in the FreePlay area.

Are you kidding! I think I may have permanent hearing damage from how loud those speakers are.
    -Mike

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I think Automated should put their games on money play. I’d gladly pay a few bucks to play those games line (and douchebag) free

I paid enough to get in the door, I be damned I'm gonna put money in a machine to play it too!!!
    -Mike

#28 5 years ago

ForceFlow the reason was obvious and if I remember correctly wasn't the owner even donating the money to charity? I could be wrong but still even if it's for charity it's tough for some to offer the extra, even to play a not so seen machine.
    -Mike

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Had a good time at the show, mostly meeting old and new friends, brought 3 pins, sold 1 was disappointed in the low amount of pins for sale, felt it was hard to see on the cards if the were for sale also. I felt the points system was very slanted, how my Farfalla only got 1 point for what I consider a rare pin was puzzling as my Vegas got 2 points??? Blew off the EBL , was allowed in after 10 but by then I was wiped out. Still a great show, great time

Really wish you had your phone# on the for sale ticket. Farfalla was fun to play and very colorful- wife liked it as well. Maybe some other time.
    -Mike

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

As a buyer of the LE package I have no issues with letting in all pass holders at 6pm when the admission price drops. 6am-6pm is plenty of time for the LE package.

If you're a night owl. I'm falling asleep by 8:30 normally to be to work for 3:00am.
    I would gladly pay for a one day "I'm special pass" if the time for entry was earlier, and the price wasn't outlandish.
    I thought about coming back Sunday but my feet were dead. Gonna buy better footwear for next year.
    -Mike

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Another important note. One of the perks of being a volenteer is access to the EBL for a period of time determined by how long you have volunteered.

Didn't know that. I must have read right over that and never looked back. That sucks.
    -Mike

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Your team responded to 213 repair tickets. Just a FYI to everyone who thinks its easy to keep the games up and running for one of these massive events.

Wow I wasn't thinking it would be that many repairs, that's alot of running around. It's easy to not have enough appreciation (me) because we don't pay attention to what goes on behind the scenes because we're too busy having FUN.
    Another THANK YOU to everyone who makes this show happen
    -Mike

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I DO have a problem where one person waits in line, then calls his three buddies over to play once he gets to the front of the line.

This happened ALOT at TNA and Iron Maiden.
    -Mike

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Who went to the auction? What did you win, or miss out on? Was everything clearly explained?
    .................David Marston

Wasn't much there for me, rooms were too cramped and too hot. So that means people were there and interested to see what was there.
    -Mike

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

It always amazes me how many people "bitch" about something with every show. I have never been able to make it up to Pintastic but I know Gabe & his crew work their asses off to make the show as good as possible each year. If it wasn't for guys like Gabe, Ivan (at Allentown) and Rich (at York) we wouldn't have three great shows here on the east coast every year. So instead of the constant "bitching" how about more positive energy towards each show!

I think you missed the whole point of this topic. This is about "feedback" nothing more or less. Some people may come across the wrong way on how they word their opinion but that's because we are not all educated the same or even have the same vocabulary.
    If you want pinball shows to be the best of the best and attract as many people as you can you're gonna need "feedback" of all types and levels. In 3 to 5 yrs you'll understand or see what I mean when everyone talks about Pintastic being the cats a$$. And it will be because our opinions were heard and changes were made. It's already happening as you are reading this.
    -Mike

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grizlyrig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=grizlyrig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.