Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmachine19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

Overall another great show. I had fun and made the best of the one day I could go. I understand weather was bad on Thursday so I take that into consideration. I know for a great show a lot of people have to chip in and bring games. I also know it takes a lot of effort, time, and money to restore games to their former glory. I personally complete full game tear downs and repairs for my own collection so I appreciate what it takes. So please consider my “areas for improvement” for just that. I am not a hater. I really love coming to this show.

1. I can only come on Friday. I was able to get to the box office by 9:45 after dropping my daughter off at UCONN. Many games in free play were not assembled, not turned on, a lot of “holes”. Not sure if it was because games were immediately sold on Thursday or people just setting up in random locations. It would have looked better if the games were all together.
    2. Vendor hall access for non Premium people is 11:00 am. Vendor hall wasn’t fully set-up. Many games not turned on or not on free play. Premium people had been in there since 9 or 10 so I figured it would be in full swing. I didn’t feel like it was 100% running until like after lunch.
    3. I basically already had all the shirts available so I wasn’t going to buy more. I really like the Pintastic logo, but maybe add a date some where on there. I would buy a new shirt every show if it was different. Like “Pintastic 2018”, to make it unique to that show.
    4. I won’t pay $175 for one day just to get into the Extra Ball Lounge where all the best games were most of the time. I would however pay like say $10 to $20 more for a one day pass into the extra ball lounge. Just the lounge, not the after party and all the other extra stuff. I basically would want the ability to play all the games on a single day ticket. Some people can’t stay all night or all weekend.
    5. The flea market seemed non existent. I realize this is tough because sellers want to enjoy the show too. The first or second year someone came with a tractor trailer full of project games and populated play fields. That was great but it all went so quickly I missed out on it.
    6. Not many games for sale. I know their is no controlling this , just an observation. Was Automated here this year? They had a boatload of games for sale last show. I understand the vendors aren’t coming if they can’t make money. The other guy from NYC had like 15 to 20 games for sale last year too.

Anyway thanks again for the show. Thank you to all the people that make it possible. I would have brought Demo Man to sell in free play but based on the forum posts I expected 3 or 4 to already be there so I decided against it. Looking forward to next show.

#108 5 years ago

If the best in show competition doesn’t include all the games at the show, maybe have a check in the box during game registration online that guarantees your game is considered for best in show. That would give the judges a checklist of games they would have to judge to complete the checklist? Not all games in free play were contenders anyway. This would save time and not leave anyone left out.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

nster Bash and Avatar got tons of play as well. I think some forget that 15 or 20 games in the vendor hall were freeplay games. pinstadium booth was 5 DMD games.

This is true but day pass attendees don’t have access to this until after 11 and many of these games were not powered up or not on free play. There were a ton of holes in the free play room that these games could have gone to. If the vendor area was sold out how did they fit 20 games in there?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmachine19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=greenmachine19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.