Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from jhoward1082:

This was my first time going to Pintastic or any pinball show for that matter so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I agree for the most part on the free play area being sorely lacking on newer games (Fri and Sat) and the vendor area having fairly lengthy lines to try anything, especially Saturday. For that reason I was expecting to check out real early today as I expected the free play area to be barren but today ended up being by far the best day to actually play pinball. Off the top of my head for newer games they had:
    Batman 66
    Aerosmith
    LOTR
    AC/DC
    Spider-Man
    Ghostbusters
    2 Houdini’s
    TNA
    Dialed In
    Maybe a few more I’m forgetting. The lines weren’t horrific and I’m real glad I stayed the extra day. All in all I had a blast though and will definitely be back next year and am now planning on hitting up TPF in March to get my fix sooner. I applaud Gabe for all the hard work he put in setting this thing up.

The VIP lounge games made their way into the free play area today which was a very good add and I suppose helped make it worth it for people to spend some time in the free play area today.

I don't really have any criticisms, just observations others have made about the free play area not being so hot this year. Fewer games in general. But what can you do? It's not the show's fault. Some years will be better than others, and this was a rough weekend being that it was really the official July 4th weekend.

This is not a show that needs an outdoor flea market and they should give up on the idea. It's either always too hot or raining. This is an indoor show. I haven't really seen a good outdoor flea market at a show in a decade, back when it was one of the highlights of Allentown. Probably just an idea that has outlived its operating life at this point.

There's really not much I would change about the show. I mean some of these complaints...rude players? Vendors you don't like seeing every year? There's nothing you can do about this stuff. Vendors pay money to be there so if the cardboard pin guy (whose booth ALWAYS seemed to have lots of people checking out and playing the product) want to come you aren't gonna turn them away. Someone suggested outlawing multiplayer games?! LOL

The organizers are clearly putting in a ton of effort and putting together a great show and program, but they will always be affected a bit by luck and what and who happen to show up. It was a terrible year for game buyers, the pickings were extremely thin. Most the good stuff was not for sale, I didn't see any bargains (And I was there from thursday night on). That's life. Cards just didn't fall that way this year. In past years, it's been a great buyer's show. This year, Allentown was way better if you were looking to buy but in year's past it's been totally opposite. WHo knows what will happen next year.

You never know what you are gonna get. If you really think the games suck, bring your own next year and help out. If you think the vendors suck, don't buy anything, maybe those vendors won't come back, and hopefully someone will step up to replace them. The general production and framework of the show is very solid and has all the right ingredients. I had fun as always playing in the tournament and hanging out late and drinking with folks I see all the time and some I don't see often. The shows are what you make of it and they are always different from year to year.

Deals of the show? Like I said pickings were pretty slim. There was a nice Space Shuttle with custom speaker panel for $1200, a nice Domino for $600, that cool flipperless with the projection scoring at $500, a nice Incredible HUlk for $700 (I think it got bought and then new owner put a 1200 price on it). A Creature at $4700 OBO which would have been a good deal at $4,000. Really, really slim pickings.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

3rd time at Pintastic, and I had a great time once again. The state of the bathrooms was MUCH better than prior years. My only grumble is minor... really minor. We skipped Ghostbusters during pingolf because there was a stupidly long one. Make the goal, drain your ball, and move on... you don’t need to play each and every game to completion.

The pingolf thing was EXTREMLY casual. People who have never done this before wouldn't know to stop playing possibly, I think you'd have to tell them. There were also people wandering in and just playing games. It worked out pretty well I think but you can't expect that a tight a ship in that situation. The games were GREAT and at $2 an entry everybody could do it. Worth it just to play the games like Robocop and High Speed.

And yeah that Ghostbusters was funny - had mods on it to make it play forever and never drain, turned out to be an easy hole in one.

And hey I won $150 on Friday night so that was nice.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think a lot of people were looking to pick up project games and parts, but there wasn't too much of that this time.

It's never really been a good show for that. But plenty of mods, LEDS and new games were for sale as always.

It's just too goddamn hot for an outdoor flea market. Never gonna catch on at this show.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This is true but day pass attendees don’t have access to this until after 11 and many of these games were not powered up or not on free play. There were a ton of holes in the free play room that these games could have gone to. If the vendor area was sold out how did they fit 20 games in there?

Because, Columbo, the space the pins went was part of the space the vendors bought.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

I thought that was a private area just for their tournament.

I think it was for the tournament. A little bit of wandering in and out was cool but tons of people going in there to play and not compete would have screwed things up in my opinion.

Not sure what the NH guys’ intentions were.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.