Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I don't think multi-player games should be allowed during prime hours,waiting till later in the evening would be better so that no one is standing there for an hour to try a machine. I understand friends want to play together and it's fun but this is a show to share, you guys are not at home.

I don't get this one.

Having 4 one player games or 1 game of 4 players is going to play basically the same amount of time. People go to these things to have fun so I don't get the beef with people playing with their friends. That's kind of what pinball is supposed to be about, being people together to play. When I'm at shows I rarely play a single player game unless their is no line at all. I'm kind of a loser and go to these alone (for the most part) but I always ask the people behind me if they want to join. Most do and meeting those people is often times the best part of shows for me.

Quoted from raisindot:

4. The pure selfishness of many players. This was most evident with the Houdini and JJ games. I waited in line for 45 minutes (with many people behind me) while a foursome of clearly expert players averaged about 10 minutes a ball. after 45 minutes, they were finally getting to the third ball. I couldn't stand it any more any more left. Every time I came back there, more "experts" were hogging the game. I never got to play it. The Cointaker people should have managed this better--either giving one ball per game per player or telling the hoggers to get away. Similar things happened with the JJP games. Okay, we know that some people are great players, but it's really rude if you're sitting there playing one ball for 10-15 minutes while others are waiting.

This I don't get as well. It's not their fault they are good players and their friends are as well. They paid to get into the event and have the same right as everyone else to play the game. I actually think it's selfish to think they should be expected to drain their balls if they are having a good one and having fun. As long as the players aren't being over aggressive with a game I have zero issues with it and often times I enjoy watching them play, especially if it's a new game, as I can learn new skills and rules from them.

For instance, I stood and watched S. Bowden, Carl DeAngelo and Johnny Modica play BM66 together. It was a long game but I learned a ton about the new rules! Was it rude for them to play together? I don't think so but I guess I could be in the minority their. At the end of the day if ball times are 10+ mins then the person whom set the game up failed in their job. Games should be set hard enough to limit ball times but easy enough to allow fair gameplay (not PAPA A for instance). Tilts should be fairly tight to also help lower ball times but more to prevent the aggressive play you also mentioned.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

Regardless, he was still rude & Cointaker should have intervened.

Did you tell cointaker while this was going on? I'm betting not as I've seen him (and his staff) on more than one occasion intervene in situations just like this.

When the guy said "Just one more game." Did you say something along the lines of:
    "You are more than welcome to join us as a 3 player if you'd like." (assuming nobody was waiting behind you)

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but people have to start standing up for themselves vs just running to a forum to air their gripes (which your comment feels like).

I promise you if you went to Cointaker and said, "I've got cash to buy a Houdini but before I buy the game I want to get a couple games on it first to see how it plays but this mouth-breather wont allow others to play." he would have gone over and ensured you got time on the game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-pintastic-post-reviews-and-comments?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.