8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pin4 (resized).jpg
    pin9 (resized).jpg
    308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg
    BFC46AFD-793E-412D-9558-45E485AA361B (resized).jpeg
    0FB230EF-BE05-4B1C-8101-22FDFA549431 (resized).jpeg
    A4AA9792-FAC5-4494-BAC5-E39F78DD18A1 (resized).jpeg
    D3204562-A948-4EDA-9848-30B73DF05F67 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB107C-2ABA-487A-8D70-AC6633066285 (resized).jpeg
    749C8FAC-7B57-457F-B6DD-4400A27FA026 (resized).jpeg

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 8 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I have never been to a big pin event, but have thought about going but after reading some of what I have read on the post, I gotta say something. Might ruffle some feathers, so I apologize in advance.

First of all, it’s the bad behavior that people complain about. When I was watching people play interesting games, they always turned around when they finished the game and asked me if I wanted it. 98% of the people were friendly and courteous. It’s those couple of knuckleheads that get the posts though.

Same is true for “roughing up” games. The vast majority of people treat them with respect and are just thrilled to be able to play them there.

Cost: yes, there are a LOT of expenses to put on a show like that, so of course there is a cost to get in.

Policing: Yup, it does sort of fall back on us experienced people to help look out for things. Not one person has been asked to do anything about it, just let the staff know about it. They all had walkie talkies and could get in contact with the help needed. Then the staff or Gabe could handle it. They don’t want people confronting the rude ones, they just need to know about it.

I’ve brought games, and they were fine there. If I didn’t have a truck full of test equipment to get there, I’d bring games.

Once you do go to an event like that, you will quickly realize how friendly and respectful everyone is. Those aren’t the stories you hear here, but that was the prevalent vibe at the show. A nice group of people enjoying the hobby they love.

#152 8 months ago

We had those tall black stand-up signs with the Code of Conduct. We tried to position them to maximize the chances that people would scan them. I have an idea for another kind of sign to supplement that. Experienced pinball people should feel empowered to call newbies' attention to the signs, especially the part about taking turns.
    .................David Marston

#153 8 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Ok I am a little confused.....
    I have never been to a big pin event, but have thought about going but after reading some of what I have read on the post, I gotta say something. Might ruffle some feathers, so I apologize in advance.
    It sounds like you have to pay to go to these events. Fine I don't have a problem with that, but when someone posts a comment like..." I saw people hogging games" I saw people being rough with games" the response back always seems to be, "You should have reported that, you should have told someone.
    Why does it fall back to the attendee of the event to be the police for the event??? Where are the people that put on the event and why are they not taking charge of it and watching what's going on??
    I would never bring a game to a event like that if I knew this kind of abuse to machines was going on.
    Now I know someone will say. "We all a big pin community and we watch out for each other", but that doesn't seem to be the case when these fellow pinball lovers are acting the way they do.
    Just saying...................

We do of course have a crew of people constantly patrolling the show floor areas. I personally never saw any abuse. Yes people were nudging the games but that's part of playing pinball. All it takes is one person seeing something and it blows up into everyone is abusing games. This is just not the case at all.

I personally brought 28 games to the show and as I set them up today yes they are dirty. But apsolutly no damage at all. We are a pinball community and I always said from the beginning I started Pintastic for the collectors in the New England area. This is their show so we all need to look out for each other.

Try bringing a game to a show you may be surprised by how much joy it actually brings you to share the love of pinball with others.

#154 8 months ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Only thing that kinda pissed me off, was the pencil eraser size chunk out of my driver rear door's paint, from a well known pinball individual (I was told by a buddy who had parked next to me)...Maybe it was an accident, but I would assume it takes some force to do that (I wasn't close by any means, plenty of room). I won't mention who, but just use common courtesy, it's not that hard....Yes you may own a vehicle that you don't give two sh@ts about, but some people try to keep theirs looking nice..... Will definitely park further away next time, if that's possible...

Was this person in a rental car as they flew in from Chicago or New Jersey?

#155 8 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Was this person in a rental car as they flew in from Chicago or New Jersey?

No, definitely not a rental.....Unless it was an extremely low budget rental joint....

#156 8 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Who went to the auction? What did you win, or miss out on? Was everything clearly explained?

Wasn't much there for me, rooms were too cramped and too hot. So that means people were there and interested to see what was there.
    -Mike

#157 8 months ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Wasn't much there for me, rooms were too cramped and too hot. So that means people were there and interested to see what was there.
    -Mike

There was a reasonably decent "Old Chicago" there, but it went for more than I would pay, especially when you add in the premium and the sales tax.
    Also a Williams "Spanish Eyes" that went pretty cheap, but I bought a much better one off CL a while back for half as much.
    A "Big Guns" sold for silly money. Someone must have really wanted it bad.

#158 8 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Ok I am a little confused.....
    It sounds like you have to pay to go to these events. Fine I don't have a problem with that, but when someone posts a comment like..." I saw people hogging games" I saw people being rough with games" the response back always seems to be, "You should have reported that, you should have told someone.
    Why does it fall back to the attendee of the event to be the police for the event??? Where are the people that put on the event and why are they not taking charge of it and watching what's going on??
    I would never bring a game to a event like that if I knew this kind of abuse to machines was going on.
    Now I know someone will say. "We all a big pin community and we watch out for each other", but that doesn't seem to be the case when these fellow pinball lovers are acting the way they do.
    Just saying...................

Pinball abuse usually happens more during competition and if there is alcohol involved. Not always, but more often. I did not see any abuse.

Don't believe the hype though....The pinball community is not the "all loving, warm and fuzzy family" that some make it out to be. It's actually closer to your average high school and all the various cliques. There are some great people, and some not so much. The "warm and fuzzy" hype is mostly people talking about their own little clique. That being said, I have met some pretty amazing people in pinball across all of the cliques.

#159 8 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Who went to the auction? What did you win, or miss out on? Was everything clearly explained?

I thought the auction went pretty smoothly. Rooms were a little tight. Like someone else said there was a lot of interest in auction. If I knew big guns was going to go for $1,200 I would have brought my machine in there also and taking a shot on it selling.
    I wish I would have looked at the auction rules on putting a game in there beforehand. Maybe that's something that can be more advertised.
    I can see where a 15% auction fee and 6% sales tax can add up quickly.

#160 8 months ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

First of all, it’s the bad behavior that people complain about. When I was watching people play interesting games, they always turned around when they finished the game and asked me if I wanted it. 98% of the people were friendly and courteous. It’s those couple of knuckleheads that get the posts though.
    Same is true for “roughing up” games. The vast majority of people treat them with respect and are just thrilled to be able to play them there.
    Cost: yes, there are a LOT of expenses to put on a show like that, so of course there is a cost to get in.
    Policing: Yup, it does sort of fall back on us experienced people to help look out for things. Not one person has been asked to do anything about it, just let the staff know about it. They all had walkie talkies and could get in contact with the help needed. Then the staff or Gabe could handle it. They don’t want people confronting the rude ones, they just need to know about it.
    I’ve brought games, and they were fine there. If I didn’t have a truck full of test equipment to get there, I’d bring games.
    Once you do go to an event like that, you will quickly realize how friendly and respectful everyone is. Those aren’t the stories you hear here, but that was the prevalent vibe at the show. A nice group of people enjoying the hobby they love.

Unforunately, one knucklehead results in an f'd up machine. Doesn't really matter to the owner whether 98% or 99.9% treated the machine well, because in the end, the machine is f'd up. I saw a guy pushing the DI cab around and people looked his way, meaning that's not just nudging. Everyone else I saw was courteous to the waiting line and respectful to the machine. All it takes is one game abuser, as we all know. I am grateful at the chance to play a nice MB, it is hard to find them in the field for determining if I want to buy the remake.

Anyone noticed anyone playing the free game on a high enough score, while people were waiting? I never saw any of that. I just let my free game go on MB and got back in line.

#161 8 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone noticed anyone playing the free game on a high enough score, while people were waiting? I never saw any of that. I just let my free game go on MB and got back in line.

I saw a few people snapping pics of their scores with initials. Only once did I catch someone push the start button quickly before my party of 2 as we were within 3 steps of the machine. Would have been fine if he had asked if we wanted to play together, but hey, he had a high score to achieve.

People are people, takes all kinds.

#162 8 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone noticed anyone playing the free game on a high enough score, while people were waiting?

One important consideration here: on early SS games, setting a very low replay score is a method of ensuring that there are always credits. Winning a replay on those games is not a true accomplishment.

#163 8 months ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I can see where a 15% auction fee and 6% sales tax can add up quickly.

The advertised buyer's premium was 15%, but the auctioneer made an announcement that it was actually 20%. That went over like a fart in church!

Added 8 months ago:

Correction:
    The advertised buyer's premium was 10%, but before the auction began, the auctioneer announced that it was actually 15%.
    JR

#164 8 months ago

jrpinball butch2099 - 20% buyer's premium!? Come on.

#165 8 months ago
    Quoted from Mistermoberg:

jrpinball butch2099 - 20% buyer's premium!? Come on.

Was this a Superauctions event?

#167 8 months ago

One conclusion from this thread is that no matter what suggestions the organizers accept (or reject) some people won’t be happy. Hehehe. Finding the sweet spot with the least amount of unhappy customers is easy ONLY IN THEORY!

Oh well. Thank goodness it is only pinball.

#168 8 months ago

This thread is hotter than my sex life.

#169 8 months ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

One conclusion from this thread is that no matter what suggestions the organizers accept (or reject) some people won’t be happy. Hehehe. Finding the sweet spot with the least amount of unhappy customers is easy ONLY IN THEORY!
    Oh well. Thank goodness it is only pinball.

It always amazes me how many people "bitch" about something with every show. I have never been able to make it up to Pintastic but I know Gabe & his crew work their asses off to make the show as good as possible each year. If it wasn't for guys like Gabe, Ivan (at Allentown) and Rich (at York) we wouldn't have three great shows here on the east coast every year. So instead of the constant "bitching" how about more positive energy towards each show!

I also have to "tip my hat" to Force Flow for being one of only a few guys actually doing something positive as far as shows go by trying to get a NY show on the map. This is his second year running his local show and it sounds like it will be even better than last year.

For some of you guys that don't like what there promoters are doing - why don't you just put up the thousands of dollars up front money it takes to get a show off the ground and start your own show? If you think you can do it so much better - show us!

#170 8 months ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

It always amazes me how many people "bitch" about something with every show. I have never been able to make it up to Pintastic but I know Gabe & his crew work their asses off to make the show as good as possible each year. If it wasn't for guys like Gabe, Ivan (at Allentown) and Rich (at York) we wouldn't have three great shows here on the east coast every year. So instead of the constant "bitching" how about more positive energy towards each show!
    I also have to "tip my hat" to Force Flow for being one of only a few guys actually doing something positive as far as shows go by trying to get a NY show on the map. This is his second year running his local show and it sounds like it will be even better than last year.
    For some of you guys that don't like what there promoters are doing - why don't you just put up the thousands of dollars up front money it takes to get a show off the ground and start your own show? If you think you can do it so much better - show us!

Some of it is bitching, but most is positive feedback. Gabe seems to be taking all the commentary in, and responding in a mature and rational manner. I'm sure he's using much of the feedback to improve next year's show. You're certainly right about one thing; you'll never be able to please everyone.

#171 8 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Some of it is bitching, but most is positive feedback. Gabe seems to be taking all the commentary in, and responding in a mature and rational manner. I'm sure he's using much of the feedback to improve next year's show. You're certainly right about one thing; you'll never be able to please everyone.

One thing I really like about Gabe (over other guys running shows) is he does really take time to read & reply to many of the post as well as listen to the feedback he gets. On the "flip side" I am a little concerned because in most cases the "other guys" tried to do the same thing for years then realized it is impossible to make everyone happy.

The main thing I think that is most important is to say "thanks for a great job running the show" then say "but maybe it could be a better show if".

In any event I am very happy we have several great shows within a days drive of almost everyone in the northeast. Remember to try to support as many local shows as possible by bringing machines, being a vendor, or volunteering to help for a few hours. It takes a lot of people to make a show great starting with the promoter & his crew but without everyone pitching in most shows will not survive long term.

#172 8 months ago

Thanks for the compliment, but this show didn't spring up entirely out of nowhere The Saratoga show wouldn't even had been possible without Pinfest and Pintastic blazing the trail. I learned quite a bit from attending those shows over the years through observing how they did things, and seeing what worked and what didn't.

I can certainly appreciate what they do a whole lot more now that I've gone through it to a lesser degree. There are a thousand things that need to be done even for a small show to happen, and dozens of people that need to be involved so that it goes smoothly. Pinfest and Pintastic (as well as other shows) are no small feat to pull off.

We're incredibly lucky to have all these people who are so passionate about pinball who can help make these fun shows happen for us to be able to go to year after year.

#173 8 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thanks for the compliment, but this show didn't spring up entirely out of nowhere The Saratoga show wouldn't even had been possible without Pinfest and Pintastic blazing the trail. I learned quite a bit from attending those shows over the years through observing how they did things, and seeing what worked and what didn't.
    I can certainly appreciate what they do a whole lot more now that I've gone through it to a lesser degree. There are a thousand things that need to be done even for a small show to happen, and dozens of people that need to be involved so that it goes smoothly. Pinfest and Pintastic (as well as other shows) are no small feat to pull off.
    We're incredibly lucky to have all these people who are so passionate about pinball who can help make these fun shows happen for us to be able to go to year after year.

Well said! Best of luck to you this year! Hopefully next year I'll finally be able to make the show as well as getting up to Pintastic but only time will tell. I always thought being retired (or semi retired) would equal lots of free time but I am busier these days than ever. The only difference is the money - when I was working full time the money was good now it seems like most of what I do cost me money instead of making me money?

#174 8 months ago

I don't consider it complaining.. The show got to where it is today by considering the feedback year after year. Once more people catch on, I can see this format becoming a much larger draw than what we see now.

#175 8 months ago

Remember to try to support as many local shows as possible by bringing machines, being a vendor, or volunteering to help for a few hours.

Amen! The only thing that I personally disliked about my experience at the show is how many of my pinball friends found one reason or another, or no reason at all not to attend. If you're any kind of a pinball enthusiast, the shows are a must, and bringing a game or two really helps. Pintastic is like a pinball show/vacation.
    It's not terribly far away for most of us in the northeast, and the great thing about it is that you park when you get there and don't really need to drive again until you're leaving even if you're staying all weekend. If you're in the northeast and into pinball, be there or be nowhere!

#176 8 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I don't consider it complaining.. The show got to where it is today by considering the feedback year after year. Once more people catch on, I can see this format becoming a much larger draw than what we see now.

I am watching always watching lol. We are compiling a detailed list and will be having our first meeting to discuss next week. So keep the constructive critasism coming. You know I will do what I can to tweak things year after year. I love pinball just like all of you. Remember if you want to get more involved in the show don't hesitate to contact me.

#177 8 months ago

I think you missed the whole point of this topic. This is about "feedback" nothing more or less. Some people may come across the wrong way on how they word their opinion but that's because we are not all educated the same or even have the same vocabulary.
    If you want pinball shows to be the best of the best and attract as many people as you can you're gonna need "feedback" of all types and levels. In 3 to 5 yrs you'll understand or see what I mean when everyone talks about Pintastic being the cats a$$. And it will be because our opinions were heard and changes were made. It's already happening as you are reading this.
    -Mike

#178 8 months ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I think you missed the whole point of this topic. This is about "feedback" nothing more or less. Some people may come across the wrong way on how they word their opinion but that's because we are not all educated the same or even have the same vocabulary.
    If you want pinball shows to be the best of the best and attract as many people as you can you're gonna need "feedback" of all types and levels. In 3 to 5 yrs you'll understand or see what I mean when everyone talks about Pintastic being the cats a$$. And it will be because our opinions were heard and changes were made. It's already happening as you are reading this.
    -Mike

I agree 100% the only way we can make Pintastic better is by attendees feedback. Good or bad we take it all ito consideration. I hope this gives people piece of mind that we care and are striving to be the best show in the country. We have a long way to go but remember we are a young show.

#179 8 months ago

Pintastic just keeps on giving. On the 4th of July I left my phone home but when I returned home I had 3 calls left by David from Pintastic. Apparently when busting down all the games I left the keys for High Speed at the show. If I would have read the directions in the envelope I would have only given the tech guys 1 of each key. Dave understood completely and just wanted to make sure I wasn't in a rush to get into the game. He mailed the keys back to me immediately. After the dust settles and everyone leaves the scene of the crime these guys are still working on cleaning this show up and planning next years already! Thanks Gabe and crew!!
    20180628_232429 (resized).jpg

#180 8 months ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

I am not against "feedback" and I agree Gabe & his crew will use it more than any other show I know about however I also think it is important to thank them for what is great about the show already. My only issue with the show is distance & time of year as far as me not being able to attend and I know no one but me can fix that but me. I would love to be able to bring a load of machines to the show for sale but I have yet to figure out how to accomplish that and still cover expenses. In any event - even though I have never made it to a Pintastic Show I just want to thank Gabe & his crew for all the hard work they put into this show and wish them continued success. Keep up the great work!

#181 8 months ago

I'd suggest pinball cos-play, but given the demographics, that could get realllll scary. "Oh look, it's Stay Puft"...."No, I'm supposed to be SilverBallMania".

#182 8 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

The advertised buyer's premium was 15%, but the auctioneer made an announcement that it was actually 20%.

I tried to double-check this with the people involved. I think the actual numbers are 10% and 15%, respectively. I wasn't there at the time of this announcement, so I'm relying on people who were there. I know our web page and advance materials said 10% buyer's premium.

I've started discussions with the Auction Team about next year. We want to be clear and consistent on the fees and other terms.

#183 8 months ago

I looked at costs and chose not to bid as I assumed some bidders would probably neglect to consider those costs.Auction premium was 15% plus Mass sales tax of 6.25 % so total premium was 21.25%....

#184 8 months ago

That was for cash. I think it was higher, or not even allowed, if you wanted to charge...

#185 8 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I tried to double-check this with the people involved. I think the actual numbers are 10% and 15%, respectively. I wasn't there at the time of this announcement, so I'm relying on people who were there. I know our web page and advance materials said 10% buyer's premium.
    I've started discussions with the Auction Team about next year. We want to be clear and consistent on the fees and other terms.

Oh, ok yeah. Advertised was 10%, actual was 15%. That's correct.

#186 8 months ago

I read all the posts and it’s predominantly positive. My takeaway:

Great experience for 95% of us, you can top it in 2019 but pretty damn good before any changes.

Outdoor flea even one guy sold a ton of stuff. Too hot for some ? Ok then the rest of us scavengers will pick it clean, we’re happy to oblige. KEEP IT . And Bingo on the out front move way more got traffic and visibility.

Auction it’s worth keeping lots of people crammed the 2 rooms.

Line cutting at Vendor games easy fix with rope lanes and signage and awareness. Tell your vendors about the sale he missed on 2 Houdini’s that line cutting crap will get fixed ASAP . You must be in line to play no inviting buddies who didn’t wait their turn.

Free play room extended to 4 areas, it’s cofusing and many including myself never went into the SNH game room or saw it. Love the fact gamebringers will get earlier hours in 2019 for the extra ball lounge!That’s incentive for people to bring games. Also thumbs up for adding EM’s to the lounge, changed from 2017, Gabe you listened !

The man vs. food shit got fixed from 2017. Another great job and reaction. People should give credit to positive change as well as asking for new items.

I’d give the Southern NH guys their own corner in the free play room or the back wall plenty of room. Keep free play pins in the free play room so it doesn’t have holes or look barren.

Sometimes too much technical stuff makes things harder than it has to be. Registration seems simple but this not for sale assumption is best left up to the gamebringer give us a card and let us check the box, filling in our price and contact info. Agreed on bigger font and visible and obvious information. The price you set when you register a game may change or you may decide to sell or not to sell. Games registered in May are not always the same price end of June. Me personally never even saw the option to list for sale and how much. Others I spoke with experienced the same thing

Clearly mark the Kiosk make it look approachable. Smart phone apps great for some not for eveyone. I agree on the texting to a repair assistance number .

Great show gets better every year.

#187 8 months ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I read all the posts and it’s predominantly positive. My takeaway:
    Great experience for 95% of us, you can top it in 2019 but pretty damn good before any changes.
    Outdoor flea even one guy sold a ton of stuff. Too hot for some ? Ok then the rest of us scavengers will pick it clean, we’re happy to oblige. KEEP IT . And Bingo on the out front move way more got traffic and visibility.
    Auction it’s worth keeping lots of people crammed the 2 rooms.
    Line cutting at Vendor games easy fix with rope lanes and signage and awareness. Tell your vendors about the sale he missed on 2 Houdini’s that line cutting crap will get fixed ASAP . You must be in line to play no inviting buddies who didn’t wait their turn.
    Free play room extended to 4 areas, it’s cofusing and many including myself never went into the SNH game room or saw it. Love the fact gamebringers will get earlier hours in 2019 for the extra ball lounge!That’s incentive for people to bring games. Also thumbs up for adding EM’s to the lounge, changed from 2017, Gabe you listened !
    The man vs. food shit got fixed from 2017. Another great job and reaction. People should give credit to positive change as well as asking for new items.
    I’d give the Southern NH guys their own corner in the free play room or the back wall plenty of room. Keep free play pins in the free play room so it doesn’t have holes or look barren.
    Sometimes too much technical stuff makes things harder than it has to be. Registration seems simple but this not for sale assumption is best left up to the gamebringer give us a card and let us check the box, filling in our price and contact info. Agreed on bigger font and visible and obvious information. The price you set when you register a game may change or you may decide to sell or not to sell. Games registered in May are not always the same price end of June. Me personally never even saw the option to list for sale and how much. Others I spoke with experienced the same thing
    Clearly mark the Kiosk make it look approachable. Smart phone apps great for some not for eveyone. I agree on the texting to a repair assistance number .
    Great show gets better every year.

Now that is the way to make comments & suggestions! Don't just keep talking about what needs to get fixed but talk about the great stuff about the show already as well.

I am hoping to help solve the "one" vendor in Flea Market Area issue by bringing a load of stuff up to the show next year. I am still trying to work out how to make it happen but I really want to attend & support all of our local shows. Anyone in the area have a place I can park a trailer for a few days after the show?

#188 8 months ago

SNH would have more traffic if there was better signage/announcements. I like that they have their own room. Cool guys!

#189 8 months ago

Now that is the way to make comments & suggestions! Don't just keep talking about what needs to get fixed but talk about the great stuff about the show already as well.
    I am hoping to help solve the "one" vendor in Flea Market Area issue by bringing a load of stuff up to the show next year. I am still trying to work out how to make it happen but I really want to attend & support all of our local shows. Anyone in the area have a place I can park a trailer for a few days after the show?

I’d love it, and I’d probablt be in the market.

#190 8 months ago

Finally had some time to wrap up and clean up all the tournament info

First note was our TNA charity side tournament going to the Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay (https://www.facebook.com/paraguayclinics/)
    We raised 260$ with the help of our friend Holly Danowski who matched what we raised with her foundation The Jane D Weiss Family Foundation.

The winner was Steve Bowden who managed to destroy 6 reactors on his own beating out even his own 4 player Co-Op team.

#191 8 months ago

And in our main event we had a repeat champion Eric Stone. The full finals bracket can be seen here at challonge.com/pintastic2018 Most of these head to head matches went to the full 5 games. It was a very entertaining finals to watch. The whole finals with commentary can be seen here. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1Ds6xHELn1ITIeNkPvLO4FvdjoTLA2RQ

#192 8 months ago

Full Standings

1,Eric Stone
    2,Jerry Bernard
    3,Joshua Henderson
    4,Jay Steinberg
    5,Alberto Santana
    5,Steven Bowden
    7,Levi Nayman
    7,Bob Matthews
    11,Dan Wilga
    11,Craig Morse
    11,Nick Destefano
    11,Jason Plourde
    11,Zachary Frey
    15,Paul Caras
    15,Eric Moberg
    15,Ron Hallett Jr.
    18,Eric Russell CNY
    18,Ed Zeltmann
    18,Nick Zendejas
    18,James Swain Jr.
    21,Maya Nigrosh
    21,Ed Giardina
    23,Mike Pantino
    23,Greg Poverelli
    25,Stephen Keeler
    26,Joe Lemire
    27,Jeffrey Bondorew
    27,Davey Plaisted
    29,Andy Cushman
    30,Matt Gusler
    31,Mike Testa
    32,Lou Nemphos
    33,Jared Ose
    34,Mark Carvey
    35,Andrew Stevens
    36,Ashton Capone
    37,Lorenzo Manginelli
    38,Rob Shiner
    39,Chuck Webster
    40,Eric Geddes
    40,Corey Hulse
    42,Brandon Hoffman
    43,Emily May
    43,Doron Blake
    45,James Calcia
    46,Frank Romero
    47,Scott Wilson
    48,Mark Henderson
    48,Frank Guida
    50,Stephanie Guida
    51,Sam Stevens
    52,Howard Levine
    54,Matt Boschert
    54,Ed Jacques
    54,Bruce Kabel
    56,Charlie Bucks
    57,Ryan Zlomek
    57,Mandy Castaldo
    59,Holly Danowski
    61,Mike Korcynski
    61,Dagan Barrett
    61,Tom Farkas
    63,Ryan McQuaid
    64,Bob Sniffin
    65,Chris Murray
    66,Tom MacArthur
    67,Stephanie Harvey
    68,Keith Merril
    68,James Zwitkowits
    70,Mike Schmitt
    70,Mark Seiden
    72,Chris Point
    72,Craig Barkal
    74,Dave O`Neil
    75,Ron Benoit
    76,Brad Dupont
    77,Robert Gagnon
    78,Chris Dirga
    79,Bruce Rhodes
    80,Augustus Eustis
    81,Mark Almeida
    82,Tommy Loranger
    83,Andy Chase
    84,Steve Mossberg
    84,Dave Tkacs
    86,Frank Semcer
    86,Cam McLaren
    88,Joel Byrnes
    89,Chris Harvey
    90,Gary Watson USA
    91,Alex Karayan
    92,James McFatter
    93,Sammie Hoffman
    94,Christian Line
    95,Scott Tipson
    96,Arthur Audet
    96,Maggie Bierlein
    98,Steve Gourley
    98,Dave Goodwin
    100,Rob Dancu
    101,Erin Seiden
    102,Steve Longchamps
    103,Jeff Parsons
    104,Christophe Blondel
    105,Remi Landry
    106,Dana Carvey
    107,Jason Maier
    108,Rick Rock
    109,Rick Eriksen
    110,Lisa Ozy
    111,June Madeley
    112,Kinyon Brinson
    113,Michael Martinez
    114,Andy Specht
    115,Sarah Line
    116,TJ Compton
    117,Hank Lashua
    118,Brandon Fontaine
    119,Eric Vandyke
    120,Nate Crawley
    121,William McHugh
    122,Aaron Brenkus
    123,Matt Schroeder

#193 8 months ago

308def18a235c4e5c4afbcfe431ce90b045cc7e6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #194 8 months ago

Quick update on the panels. So during the show I had issues mainly with the audio mixer not feeding audio to my computer. The mixer wasn't mine but an outside company so I wasn't too sure how to use it and somewhat scared to touch it. I got to the show on Thursday in fact at 9AM and gave up solving the issue at midnight. It turned out I did have audio however every scene transition in OBS changed the audio levels/feeds. I was getting the webcam, camcorder, and mixer in my computer at the same time which causes a slight delay in between. So the audio sounds echoey! Luckily I had a cell phone recording the audio and it sounds about as good as prior years. Also I had other settings wrong in OBS like outputting an FLV file instead of MP4 and I must convert the videos into that format.

A couple of things went wrong and right but I think I did pretty good with just me brainstorming all this with my father helping me operate the camcorder. It should go MUCH smoother next year and I'm actually glad I know what the issues were rather than still not knowing.

I have the TNA panel uploaded, the George Gomez panel is uploading as I type this, and I am editing the TNT Amusement panel right now. Please subscribe to the Pintastic Youtube page and enjoy!

#195 8 months ago
    Quoted from dr_spidey:

I had a blast this year. I've been to Pintastic every year so far.
    Not sure what he's talking about, but i thought the Sanctum team did a great job running the Tourney. I've yet to make the cut, but I'll keep trying.
    I'm torn about the EBL and the tiered system.
    But if it continues I think game bringers need to be higher up. Should be something like
    Staff/Volunteers
    Celebs
    Game Bringers
    Vendors
    Paid VIP
    I brought moe.pinball Even though it was an obscure theme, I got some great feedback from those that played it.
    I started a separate thread to chronicle the restoration process for those that are interested
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moe-at-pintastic-2018-explained-and-restoration
    Rob

Rob, I played your m.o.e. custom game and found it to be a lot of fun, and superior to the original's game play. Just didn't understand the theme, though....

#196 8 months ago

I've attended every Pintastic, and brought a game this year in honor of guest Paul Faris. I was on the scene from Thursday at 4 PM to Sunday at 11 am. The Show team was very helpful and professional, (and thanks for the help loading my new Houdini!). The players were for the most part respectful of the machines and the people waiting to play behind them. It's great to see VIPs from Stern this year, and always good to have Jersey Jack there to chat with us. I think it's a good idea to let game bringers roll over unused points year to year. Looking forward to next year!

pin4 (resized).jpgpin9 (resized).jpg

#198 8 months ago

Pintastic 2018 was my first show, and my son Owen (12) and I had a great time Saturday. Loved the wedgehead corner (1974DeltaQueen, good to meet ya, had I been packing some cash I might have loaded one of those old gottliebs) and great selection of early SS games, like being back at Fuller's Funspot back in the day! Nice to be able to play some new games I'd never seen before, opportunities to play any pinball up here in the sticks are rare. Couldn't even get near the Houdini machine out in the vendor hall, but we got to play all the other games we wanted. Already thinking of coming down in 2019 and maybe bringing a table.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 11.95
    $ 109.99
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 6.95
    $ 11.95
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside