(Topic ID: 199559)

2018 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, June 8-10!

By nwpinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180608_065900 (resized).jpg
    2018 NWPAS Game Stats (resized).png
    http-inlinethumb06.webshots.com-43525-2778538940105101600S600x600Q85 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1385 (resized).JPG
    20180608_100358 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100351 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100739 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100059 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100748 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100732 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100714 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100328 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100053 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100038 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100032 (resized).jpg
    impremium (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hughesdforce.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Looking forward to it!

2 weeks later
    #13 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm thinking of organizing a Pinside meetup/after hours party at a hotel space or private arcade space. Good idea?

I like it!

1 month later
    #30 6 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

So what are people bringing to the show?

F-14 Tomcat
    Doctor Who
    Lord of the Rings
    Star Trek The Next Generation

2 months later
    #295 5 years ago

Game tallies:

The games are back home from the show and set up. It was a rough year: I spent most of the weekend working on my games rather than helping people, attending panels or socializing. It seemed like every time I'd fix one, another would be down.

#f-14-tomcat : 259 games counted, 500 estimated.
    It melted a coil, blew the transistor and the pre-driver, and finally the fuse. Many thanks to Borygard for the board repair and NVRAM installation (which reset the game counter mid-Saturday).

#star-trek-the-next-generation : 163 games played.
    STTNG is pretty new to me, and I'd only recently gotten it up and running before the show; I haven't fully "shaken it down" yet. It had lots of stuck balls on the Alpha Quadrant ramp, and now has a coil under the playfield that's not firing, which leads to balls getting "lost" under the right cannon. I'm beginning to see why operators consider this game a maintenance nightmare.

#lord-of-the-rings : 293 games played.
    The Gandalf switch got stiff, which led to lots of stuck balls. Balls were also not releasing quickly enough from the Sword Lock. This is an issue I've seen mentioned here on Pinside, but never thought I'd see personally. It's caused by the balls getting magnetized in the Ring, so they stick to the metal of the Sword Lock and don't roll out quickly as usual. Fixing that is easy once you realize the cause, but those two issues kept the machine down for longer than I would have liked.

#doctor-who : 98 plays
    The Time Expander (mini-playfield) came out of alignment during transport. When the game tried to raise it, it hung up and the motor stripped the teeth off of a gear, rendering the game unplayable Friday and Saturday. I replaced the part on Saturday night and put the game out on the floor Sunday. I wish I'd tested it on Thursday, and also wish I'd realized it has a mode that compensates for a dead Time Expander.

Last year (my first year with games at the show) lulled me into a false sense of security: All three games sailed through with no major issues and each racked up about 600 plays. This year left me feeling a bit demoralized. I've had multiple people (nwpinball among them) tell me that taking games to the show is a great way to shake them down, catch the failures and help harden them. I may come around to that point of view, but I'm not there yet. On the upside, my girlfriend and two daughters all made it out this year, and I enjoyed getting to show them around and see things through their eyes.

2018 NWPAS Game Stats (resized).png2018 NWPAS Game Stats (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hughesdforce.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-8-10?tu=hughesdforce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.