(Topic ID: 199559)

2018 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, June 8-10!

By nwpinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180608_065900 (resized).jpg
    2018 NWPAS Game Stats (resized).png
    http-inlinethumb06.webshots.com-43525-2778538940105101600S600x600Q85 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1385 (resized).JPG
    20180608_100358 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100351 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100739 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100059 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100748 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100732 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100714 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100328 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100053 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100038 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100032 (resized).jpg
    impremium (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 5 years ago

I'm obviously an idiot - why do I waste my time responding to trolls ???

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Fantastic show! I had a great time with my son. Thank you so much to the organizers and generous people/companies who donated their time and machines. Special thanks for the people who brought Atari Football, Basketball, Sub and any two-player simultaneous games!
    Regarding game hogs, while most people were very polite, I experienced about a dozen instances of people hogging games, and one or two people playing a four player game. The people I politely asked not to play more than 1 game looked indignant, claimed they didn’t know, or “they wanted to experience the game” or some other entitled BS. Typical tragedy of the commons stuff.
    Would it be possible to have the people handing out the wristbands say “1 game per player” to everyone and ask them to make sure their children and everyone in their party understood the policy? I’d also like to see prominent signage (I mean those 6 foot tall standing banners) scattered throughout, and cards on the backglass. With the right art it could be funny and really set the tone.
    I would also like to see more vendors with pinball gear there. I came away with some ramps, thank you Starship Fantasy, but I wish I could have picked up some more pinball-related swag, esp. shirts for my favorite games.
    On to the games:
    I came expecting to hate Iron Maiden, but I really liked it. Super fun game. Stern keeps getting better with the LCD, but they have a long way to go to catch up to JJP’s quality. Their screen art used to look like bad ‘90s Flash animation, now it looks like bad ‘00s Flash animation. And WTF is the deal with not showing the score and the ball in play at all times? Lunacy.
    I enjoyed playing more Houdini, that’s one I will be adding to my collection. I hope American ups their game on the animations next time, though. I found those to drag down an otherwise excellent game.
    JJP Pirates was a lot of fun to play, but the lines were so long I didn’t get enough time to really dig in like I did with IMDN. The characters added a lot of depth and I feel like there is a ton to explore on that game. Looking forward to playing more of that one.
    Regarding Thunderbirds I will limit my comments to the positive and say that the playfield was colorful, and I liked the way multiball started. I don’t know what they were aiming for, and I didn’t look at the innards or build quality. But as a player, if they were going for a Data East circa 1992 they got most of the way there. More than anything I was disappointed to see a Homepin rep attacking someone here for critiquing their game. Deeply unprofessional. That certainly didn’t win me over as a customer.
    It was great to play an Orbitor 1 that seemed to be completely working!
    There were also some fun hobby/early development machines there. I was most impressed with the potential of Proto. That’s definitely one to watch. I was frankly astonished at what was possible at the FAST Pinball lounge.
    My son and I will definitely be back next year!

Thanks for your comments. I am always happy to receive constructive criticism - that allows us to improve.

To set the record straight, the person commenting on here that you say I "attacked" was NOT at this show and is a well known troll who follows me everywhere and does anything in his power to cause me trouble. He was making a completely unrelated comment about a minor issue that happened when the machine was shown at the New Zealand Pincade recently (he wasn't there either).

This issue was of no concern to anyone at this show and nobody would even know that there was a single instance of a very rough player causing damage in Ne Zealand that this person has chosen to latch onto and spread far and wide.

'Fake news' like this I can do without and it doesn't help anyone. It certainly doesn't help us create a better product when it is just endless digs with no substance and no interest in helping us with improvement.

Thunderbirds reflects the era in which the show was originally aired so that's possibly why it seemed the way it did to you? We are not out to compete with other offerings in the marketplace but are trying to be a little different.

But you are correct, I really should just not comment on public forums because you can never win no matter what you say.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-8-10?tu=homepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.