(Topic ID: 199559)

2018 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, June 8-10!

By nwpinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180608_065900 (resized).jpg
    2018 NWPAS Game Stats (resized).png
    http-inlinethumb06.webshots.com-43525-2778538940105101600S600x600Q85 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1385 (resized).JPG
    20180608_100358 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100351 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100739 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100059 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100748 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100732 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100714 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100328 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100053 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100038 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100032 (resized).jpg
    impremium (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chiefkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 5 years ago

I’ll be there setting up Thurdays and probably most of the day Friday thru Sunday.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

tomorrow we do load in and set up, it's go time!

Can't wait to get started! This is one of my favorite times of the year.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

If you see this kindly point out the card on the back box that says they are specifically limited to one game if a person is waiting behind them. This behavior should be stopped before those doing it consider what they're doing as normal and accepted. It's just common courtesy to let someone waiting to play actually play.
    I provide my machines so that everyone can play them and enjoy them.
    Thanks for pointing it out. I might start "policing" my machines. I know I've seen a lot of the "usual" people trying to clean me out of my Safe Cracker tokens.

My wife also noticed a number of people not following the one game limit. She also noticed a number of people that were not attached to the show powering machines off and on. I think a sign at the front doors might be a good idea to remind people of proper game etiquetteand if they are having a problem with a game, please let the show staff know about it.

#243 5 years ago

I am interested in your final counts. It will be a little time before I am able to see the counts on mine. I still need to get them back downstairs and setup. I am estimating that my Addams should be close to the same count as yours. Silverball will be more interesting sine it is an older machine, yet rarely did I see the machine not getting played.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

For some reason I thought there would be more like 750 plays on popular machines, it surprises me that a new Iron Maiden had less than 500 plays when it looked like those games got steady play the entire show!

I know some of the early numbers only reflected counts for Fri and Sat and those were between 500-600. I think once the final counts are done, there will be some in the 700s.

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

DumbAss was your Whirlwind the one with the headphone jack? Man that was amazing - was telling everyone to plug in. Is really sweet playing that way - thanks so much!!!!

That's a mod I want to install on my games as well.

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

As others have said ... yes. I tap people wearing headphones connected to their phone (instead of the headphone jack) and point them to the headphone jack. Some get it. Some just give me a blank stare. They probably think the game has no audio at all. I need to figure out a better way to message this but my machines are in the minority so it's not something that an attendee expects to see on a machine.
    I'm with you. Once you've played a game with headphone capability (at a loud venue) you never want to play any other way. What disappoints me is that an attendee is missing an integral part of the game. Audio cues are super important when you're visually focused on the ball. Plus some games feature humor like The Champion Pub and No Good Gofers and you can't hear them taunting or insulting you.

Maybe this is something we could add to a sign to let players know that some of the machines have is available.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chiefkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-8-10?tu=chiefkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.