(Topic ID: 199559)

2018 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, June 8-10!

By nwpinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180608_065900 (resized).jpg
    2018 NWPAS Game Stats (resized).png
    http-inlinethumb06.webshots.com-43525-2778538940105101600S600x600Q85 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1385 (resized).JPG
    20180608_100358 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100351 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100739 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100059 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100748 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100732 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100714 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100328 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100053 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100038 (resized).jpg
    20180608_100032 (resized).jpg
    impremium (resized).JPG
    There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 5 years ago

@Tommy,

Will you be bringing PDI glass to the show as last year ?

We bought some from you last year & could use more.

Thx

Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We'll have at least 3 Houdini's at the NW Pinball Show in Tacoma. All contain art blades & shakers and will be unboxed new for play at our booth. We'll be selling at discount pricing. Available for pick up Sunday (June 10) at the end of the show. Contact me if interested. Thx, T
    [email protected]
    Toll Free: 1-855-366-4876

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

@Tommy,
    Will you be bringing PDI glass to the show as last year ?
    We bought some from you last year & could use more.
    Thx

I’ll have a small amount of Magic Glass from American Pinball ....reg size only.

#103 5 years ago

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is just one week away! Do you like hanging out with fellow pinball collectors talking about games and helping each other out? We'd love more people to help with set up and tear down of the show. It's fun, there's food, and a lot of people always makes it go smoother.

Times help is most crucial:
    -Thursday morning starting at 7-8am unloading the first trucks, as well as all day Thursday unloading and setting up games
    -Sunday afternoon 3pm-6pm breaking down pins and getting the first load of games on the trucks to go home

Bonus points if you bring your own tools and/or a handtruck, the show has some, but we can always use more!

#104 5 years ago

Bump still have a empty SUV going from Wisconsin to The Northwest show. Im getting desperate $50 bucks and I will pick up the game for you, and drive it to the show. let me know Jeremy

#105 5 years ago

Vendor list for this year's show:

BuzzBuzz Games http://buzzbuzz.games
    Comics for Kids www.comics4kidsinc.org
    Double Danger Pinball www.ddpinball.com
    Fast Pinball www.fastpinball.com
    Gambit's Cards and Hobbies http://gambitscardsandhobbies.com
    Hills of Comics https://www.facebook.com/HillsOfComics/
    Lock When Lit http://lockwhenlit.com/
    Marco Specialties https://www.marcospecialties.com
    Moto's Glass http://www.motosglass.com/
    Nitro Pinball https://www.nitropinball.com/
    Pingravings https://sites.google.com/view/pingravings
    Red Floor Arcade redfloorarcade.com
    Rich Brothers Amusements
    Seattle Pinball Museum www.seattlepinballmuseum.com
    Starship Fantasy www.starship-fantasy.com
    Stern Amusements
    Sweetgyrl Designs www.sweetgyrldesigns.etsy.com
    This Old Game www.thisoldgame.com

#106 5 years ago

Looking forward to joining you again next weekend. I'm not even kidding when I say I look forward to NWPAS all year. Any chance we'll see an Alice Cooper or JJP Pirates? My hotel room is booked either way, but it would be nice to see them in person. Also, wasn't another game going to be revealed? Will that be playable?

#107 5 years ago

For sure there will be a new Jersey Jack Pirates, the Seattle Pinball Museum just got one a few days ago and will be bringing it to the show, there will be a seminar on it on Friday from 2-3pm with Butch Peel and maybe David Thiel if he makes it back to town in time.

I don't think there will be an Alice Cooper, but there will be 9 Iron Maidens and at least 4 Houdinis.

#108 5 years ago

Ready for the show!

IMG_20180602_131114193 (resized).jpgIMG_20180602_131114193 (resized).jpg
    #109 5 years ago

Have a stern playboy I can bring if anyone has a pin to trade, in really really nice condition

00E0A70C-BA30-4584-8B1A-90F9A26B4F00 (resized).jpeg00E0A70C-BA30-4584-8B1A-90F9A26B4F00 (resized).jpeg79038674-006D-4F12-8E36-181C36184003 (resized).jpeg79038674-006D-4F12-8E36-181C36184003 (resized).jpeg9EE21879-90F8-4AB4-B8A9-DFA382DBDDB0 (resized).jpeg9EE21879-90F8-4AB4-B8A9-DFA382DBDDB0 (resized).jpegA724E92B-A938-47B8-B2D2-58A6EED7AEB9 (resized).jpegA724E92B-A938-47B8-B2D2-58A6EED7AEB9 (resized).jpegAF342959-AF36-4DA5-909A-DAD2ADF6245A (resized).jpegAF342959-AF36-4DA5-909A-DAD2ADF6245A (resized).jpegEAFD289B-1DBD-4A5A-B60E-1BC6C5D1C7B8 (resized).jpegEAFD289B-1DBD-4A5A-B60E-1BC6C5D1C7B8 (resized).jpeg
    #110 5 years ago

Geez man, that looks mint! You should get in touch with Quarterworld about this game.

Quoted from oropuro:

Have a stern playboy I can bring if anyone has a pin to trade, in really really nice condition

#111 5 years ago

I think it might be the same proto JJP POTC that was at the GoldenStatePin and if so, damn is that thing amazing!

Quoted from nwpinball:For sure there will be a new Jersey Jack Pirates, the Seattle Pinball Museum just got one a few days ago and will be bringing it to the show, there will be a seminar on it on Friday from 2-3pm with Butch Peel and maybe David Thiel if he makes it back to town in time.
    I don't think there will be an Alice Cooper, but there will be 9 Iron Maidens and at least 4 Houdinis.

#112 5 years ago

How much does it go for? Thx

I’ll have a small amount of Magic Glass from American Pinball ....reg size only.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Bump still have a empty SUV going from Wisconsin to The Northwest show. Im getting desperate $50 bucks and I will pick up the game for you, and drive it to the show. let me know Jeremy

I have a pick up planned. Another machine for the show and the settle area. so I'm full. planned by a local pinsider. thank you everyone.

#114 5 years ago

This FRIDAY is the big CLASH OF CHAMPIONS at the 2018 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show!

Come watch both Robert Gagno and now BACK TO BACK IFPA World Champion Raymond Davidson play against each other for the biggest prize of the weekend!

Also learn about tournament techniques, strategy and what goes through their mind as they play!

Be sure to join us at 7pm Friday June 8th and if you can't make it to the show....don't worry! You can watch ONLINE at http://Twitch.tv/GeekGamerTV

Have questions for the champs but can't make it? Submit them to the Facebook Post here: https://www.facebook.com/geekgamertv/photos/a.313266318755701.71721.252905618125105/1706418566107129/?type=3&theater

Ashley Weaver and I will pick some of the best ones to ask during the presentation!

Special Thanks to NITRO PINBALL for supplying the pinball machine!

#ChampVsChamp

nwpas-tournament-champvschamp (resized).pngnwpas-tournament-champvschamp (resized).png
    #115 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I have a pick up planned. Another machine for the show and the settle area. so I'm full. planned by a local pinsider. thank you everyone.

Nice, I'm glad that worked out!

#116 5 years ago

Ready for pickup!

IMG_1469 (resized).JPGIMG_1469 (resized).JPG
    #117 5 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Ready for pickup!

Holy crap! How many are you bringing to the show?

#118 5 years ago

For those who don't do the Facebook thing....you can submit your questions for #ChampVsChamp here:
    http://bit.ly/champquestions

Looking forward to seeing your questions!

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Holy crap! How many are you bringing to the show?

This represents machines for two people.

Friendly reminder: bring your headphones ( ) for a better experience!

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Good point. Forgot mine last year

#121 5 years ago

can't wait. I took a vacation day for Friday. Any meetups during the day? I would love to say hi to a few fellow pinsiders

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

That's right, Victor puts headphone jacks in all his games. I've been meaning to do this with a few of mine.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

can't wait. I took a vacation day for Friday. Any meetups during the day? I would love to say hi to a few fellow pinsiders

I don't think any are planned. I'd definitely come to one if it's planned and I'm free, but I pretty much have to be on call for when the press shows up most of Friday and Saturday.

#124 5 years ago

I’ll be there setting up Thurdays and probably most of the day Friday thru Sunday.

#125 5 years ago

I'll be down Thursday afternoon at set up and will be staying there through the first couple hours of breakdown. And you will probably see me in a Pacman suit at least once each day.

#126 5 years ago

You know, I think next year I'll have to add this one to my show list.

-Hans

#127 5 years ago

Got hooked up with Hans & Jeremy for a purchase and delivery of a STELLAR WARS to the show Friday . keep it under 80 on the corners

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg
    #128 5 years ago

GAME PREP FOR SHOW
    Thanks for volunteering your games! You make this show happen! If you are self-transporting, please review the instructions in this message as well, your assistance will keep the machines flowing smoothly in and out of the Tacoma Convention Center. If you are getting show transportation, you should be hearing from your diver about your pick up day/time shortly!

Preparing your games for show transportation pickup:
    • Pinball games must be broken down, including removing the legs, and securing the head to the cabinet (if possible). Pinballs must be removed from the machine, placed in a Ziploc bag along with leg bolts, backbox bolts, and the keys. The bag must be taped or shrink wrapped to the legs. All 4 legs must be shrink wrapped or taped together, and labeled with the machine and owner name.
    • Arcade games, consider putting the cord inside the cabinet. Attach the keys to the game with a Ziploc baggie in the coin door, zip tie to the joystick or painters tape to the back. Please do NOT leave the keys in the locks.
    • We request both pins and vids be wrapped with shrink wrap (wide/heavy plastic wrap available at Costco Home Centers and other locations). Even if you are not worried about the possibility of a minor scuff or scratch, the drivers will be more comfortable if the game is protected and will be able to move games a little quicker.
    • Please attach a label with your name and the machine name so that it can easily be identified and returned to you on the correct truck. Blue painters tape or an 8.5" x 11" paper with large writing can work well for labeling your machines:
    -For vids, place label near the top on the back of the game
    -For pins, place label on the underside of the cabinet or near the front of the machine so it is visible when the machine is stood up on it's back
    • Safety check! Please make sure your machine is grounded and nobody can get shocked from playing it, refer to some safety tips here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vSuo8vNIjvI_toN3whY_muC8BzpXIRK4TfX1ZYVSB3Q
    Note the document refers to arcades, the same info applies to pins.

Pickup/Dropoff site preparation:
    • Please have your machine where it is easiest for us to pick up. That means a ground floor room or garage. We may not be able to do the pickup if you have a stairs or a steep incline to deal with. We will not pick up machines from an upstairs location without prior arrangements being made.
    • Please make sure that the pathway from the games to the truck is clear and accessible prior to pickup and delivery.
    • The area where the truck will park and load/unload games should be easily accessible - please move vehicles out of the way so the truck can park.
    • When the truck arrives, please meet the driver and point out any obstacles such as low tree branches, soft ground, or other things that the driver should avoid.
    • Please be prepared to assist with the loading/unloading of your games as much as possible. The drivers are moving dozens of games each and a little help will make their jobs easier.

Proper preparation will speed the loading/unloading of your games and make the stop go as quickly and safely as possible. We want to be as flexible as possible but with the number of machines being transported, we will not be able to transport machines that are not prepared for pickup. If you cannot prep your machines or have them available in an easy to access location, please let us know so we can find someone to help you get them set up.

The driver picking up your games will contact you to schedule the pickup and deliveries for your machines. Please be flexible! The first loads are picked up in the late afternoon and evening on Wednesday June 7th. The rest of the pick ups can be anytime during the day of Thursday June 8th. The games will be returned in the late afternoon or evening on Sunday. Sunday's deliveries can run really late and stretch to Monday morning, please be patient, your driver will update you on pick up and delivery times.

For self-transportation:

• IMPORTANT >>> You may bring your games to the Tacoma Convention Center loading dock Thursday, June 7th, between 7:30am-8pm and Friday between 7:30am-10am. Thursday is highly preferred! We encourage folks to set up their own machines whenever possible.
    • The Tacoma Convention Center is located at: 1500 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402
    • Driving, parking and transit directions are here: http://www.gtctc.org/attend-overview/directions-parking
    • The loading dock is located on the west side of the Convention Center on Market street.
    • When it comes time to pick up your games on Sunday, please do not bring your vehicle into the loading dock area until AFTER the first group of trucks have been loaded and are out on their route. Plan on starting to load your vehicle no sooner than 4:30pm. Check with a member of the load-out crew to make sure that the area is clear of trucks before you bring your vehicle into the area and start loading. The game show trucks will be working until late at night, and everyone will get done sooner if the trucks receive FIRST PRIORITY for loading and unloading. If you can help break down and wrap games and get the first wave of trucks loaded, even better!

Thanks so much, without your help, we wouldn't have a show! If you have any questions, please contact one of the following folks from the transportation committee:

Toby Udman, [email protected], 425-314-5192

Justin Rudebaugh, [email protected], 253-777-8587

LoadingDock5 (resized).jpgLoadingDock5 (resized).jpg
    #129 5 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

keep it under 80 on the corners

doubt it. Wait what corners?

#130 5 years ago

does any one have a game coming from further away?

trip (resized).PNGtrip (resized).PNG
    #131 5 years ago

No corners anywhere near here. But once you’re outside of town, the speed limit really is 80. Welcome to South Dakota.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

Yes! Homepin shipped 2 Thunderbirds from China to Nitro Pinball in Tacoma

#133 5 years ago

Yes! Homepin shipped 2 Thunderbirds from China to Nitro Pinball in Tacoma

Did they ship Mike along with the pins?
    Would love to hear his story on the making of the Thunderbirds pin in person.

#134 5 years ago

Ready for a short trip south

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #135 5 years ago

Assuming that the air line keeps its act together I will be presenting with Butch at 2pm Friday. I used this new presentation about pirate pin sounds Saturday in Bunde, Germany and it came off well. This is like opening well off Broadway. I hope to see a lot of familiar and new faces Friday.

Ddt

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

No corners anywhere near here. But once you’re outside of town, the speed limit really is 80. Welcome to South Dakota.

My grand Cherokee has a HEMI. 80+ no problem. so how long is it 80mph for?

#137 5 years ago

so today is judgement day. I'm driving to show today from wisconsin and I start after work. Leaving Wisconsin around 3 in the afternoon and then will be spending the night just east of Sioux falls SD. going to be a long trip but looking forward to it. I want to meet some awesome pinsiders. Im bringing some Wisconsin beer if anybody wants some. Glad they will have a thunderbirds there. I'm be probably one of the few that will be able to play it from the Midwest. I will put some games on it for sure.

I have a load scheduled for the way there. hoping to pick up a game for my collection to take back to Wisconsin. If you have a lead on any of the following games from collectors in your area please send me a P.M. I like to work on projects but open to what ever. looking for a champ pub, Diner, bride of pinbot, back to the future, white water, road show, BSD, who dun it, NO fear, junk yard, Austin powers, been really looking hard for a Judge Dredd. mostly bally/Williams DMD games. let me know if you have something. see you at the show. thank you jeremy

#138 5 years ago

This week has already been crazy, I've been running around helping people fix games, helped someone haul 3 Atari vectors out of a basement to stage them in their garage for pickup, got my games and another collectors all staged at my house, and am fielding dozens of last minute questions and problems. But tonight my games get picked up, and tomorrow we do load in and set up, it's go time!

#139 5 years ago

Making the trek from Idaho tomorrow. Looking forward to the show!

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

tomorrow we do load in and set up, it's go time!

Can't wait to get started! This is one of my favorite times of the year.

#141 5 years ago

There are going to be some neat games this year, from all the new titles to some of the older and rare stuff. Plus for I think the first time we are going to have 4 networked Rush the Rock driving games, who wants to race?

#142 5 years ago

Can’t make it till Saturday this year, but gonna enjoy every minute till they kick me out Sunday! I will be looking for any pitch and bat games for sale/trade? Also Whirlwind! Anyone with a lead let me know please.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

all loaded up. nice and smooth. going to put some miles on her. i will let her out for a bathroom break. lol. next stop Spokane Washington.

20180607_054026 (resized).jpg20180607_054026 (resized).jpg20180607_073643 (resized).jpg20180607_073643 (resized).jpg
    #144 5 years ago

Leaving Salem, Oregon @ 7AM tomorrow........

#145 5 years ago

I try to make things easy for the truck volunteers, so I brought all my games to the street and was ready for them when they arrived. About 15 cars stopped and asked if I was giving away free pinball and arcade games... yeah right! Also met a number of my neighbors and handed out show flyers! This first load was picked up last night and is already unloaded at the Convention Center and the guys are on their second run.

load1 (resized).jpgload1 (resized).jpgtruckload 1 (resized).jpgtruckload 1 (resized).jpg
    #146 5 years ago
    FB_IMG_1528414749100 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1528414749100 (resized).jpg
    #147 5 years ago

Twin towers of POWER loaded up

CAM02758 (resized).jpgCAM02758 (resized).jpg
    #148 5 years ago

Awesome! Looks like Dok is standing next to my Star Wars premium

#149 5 years ago

The FAST Pinball Gameroom is coming together! Come by and play some new pinball and meet the designers!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

57C87D19-FB88-4C0B-B981-E6963F7722CD (resized).jpeg57C87D19-FB88-4C0B-B981-E6963F7722CD (resized).jpeg
    #150 5 years ago
    IMG_20180607_225628 (resized).jpgIMG_20180607_225628 (resized).jpg
    There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-8-10/page/3?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.