hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzrider926.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

RIP to my beloved Kings. Made the playoffs twice in the last three years and only won one playoff game. Only scored three goals this year against the Knights. Ugh, time to make some moves....and re-sign Doughty. Once the Ducks are out tonight, I can enjoy the rest of the playoffs!

I’ll take that and the 2 cups over what the capitals have done the past 10 years.

1 week later
#191 6 years ago

Did you guys see the caps at home last series? I’m hoping they get it done this year but not holding my breath.

#200 6 years ago

I said it earlier but caps have sucked at home. They were able to get away with it last round, but it isn’t happened against the pens. 3 out of 4 home games they are up 2 goals and lose. At least this didn’t go to ot.

#226 5 years ago

Glad to see pens fans hate them too. The whole time they’re praising Crosby on the pens 3rd goal, I’m thinking guesnetzal, or however you spell it, did all of the real work. Is it really a surprise Crosby buried it at this point in his career.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Wilson better get a game suspension for head hunting two games in a row. Murray looks average. Outside of 87-59, and a little 71....pens aren’t getting any shot production. Brassard is a bust so far. Wish they traded Letang and kept Cole instead. Schulz is pens best all around defenseman. Lots of hockey left. Being down 2-1 all the better to break caps hearts again!?!?!

Come on you can hope for better than that. Being up 2-1 in a series and losing is nothing for us caps fans anymore.

#230 5 years ago

As far as Wilson getting suspended I hope it doesn’t happen for obvious reasons but wouldn’t be surprised. That’s 2 hits in 2 games that knocked guys out of the game. Of course seeing them slow the play down makes it look worse and more intentional. Also before everyone gives me shit, I agree they looked bad and I told my wife that he’s probably getting suspended at least a game after that hit tonight. As a caps fan I hope not but understand if he does.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Malkin looked like shit too...but he's just coming back so I'll cut him slack. The lower lines just aren't what they used to be.
I see now why they tried Brassard to replace the old Boninos and lower lines but they don't have it. And as always they didn't have to trade anyone....they could have just kept Cole.

You're most likely are sick of Crosby and it's clouding your judgment a tad ( I understand, it happens to all of us). They talk aboot Guentzel all the time...graphics everywhere aboot how he's scoring as many points as quick as all the greats and how he's on an amazing streak.

Not sick of Crosby at all. Guy is a phenomenal player and I’ll guve respect where it’s due. My comment was more about the nbc crew giving him the credit like he did all himself.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's all past shit with him that will go into it; I thought the last one was worse than this one honestly.
You pay a guy like that to stay right on the line...and that's what that hit was. Shoulder...head? So close; he's earning his monies. He's a piece of shit dirty player for sure...AKA "a hockey player." All teams have them, they just usually aren't skilled enough to play in the playoffs sop good for him. I fucking hate him, if he was a pen I'd be backing him big time.

Yup. A guy that everyone hates until he’s on your team. Everyone has one.

#255 5 years ago

Wasn’t the last guy a goon too? Either way sucks he got suspended for 3 games. I figured a suspension was coming just wasn’t expecting 3 games. Either way, Wilson being out won’t be the reason the caps lose if and when it happens.

#257 5 years ago

Yeah caps definitely caught the penguins at a good time. No excuses this year, not that they really had any the last 2 years either.

I always joke with my pens fan coworkers how they need to play the caps if they want to win the cup.

#270 5 years ago

Yeah I wouldn’t say either team dominated. Caps were chasing and getting out hustled like the previous 2 years. Didn’t expect the caps to take both in Pittsburg and was hoping for them to come back at least tied.

#299 5 years ago

I’m a caps fan and glad they finally did it. One beating the pens. Two getting to the conference finals. But, they’re only half way there. Hae fun tonight and get back to work. Not out of the woods yet.

1 week later
#369 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Doesn't appear so BUT keep in mind the Caps are the only team to win the first two AWAY games in a series and then lose the series on two separate occasions! Also, the Caps, of the 4 remaining teams, has the worse home record! The true CAPS fan is still biting their nails right now!

I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t true.

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah but just like losing over and over again to the Penguins they're do for a win! Look at the Penguins they had a 14 (??) year losing streak at Philly !!!

I have more faith in them getting there this year then I did the past few years. I know their history and it’s ugly. I think they can beat Tampa, but they need to continue playing the way they have been. I’ll really start going here we go again if they lose both at home.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And to score first, and then give up 2 right away...that's the Holtby i remember

Did you see the goals? Not like holtby was at fault for those. He’s given up some softies before, but damn do people pile on. Most of the goals have by Tampa have been on the pp and not seeing much of what holtby could of done.

#403 5 years ago

Yeah I know the GWG was on even strength but it was right after the PP ended. I wasn't necessarily referring to just this game, more on the series as a whole. Also Vas was definitely a game changer. Stinks, but I've see the Caps win games while being outplayed, it's hockey.

Holtby just seems to catch a lot of flack. Last year a bit of it was deserved, but these playoffs he's been pretty damn good.

On to game 5.

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

hate to say it but it looks like the caps are dead. i don't see them winning game six in tampa and they have nothing when they play at home in this series. too bad because i thought they would finally get over the hump but once again they will end up blowing it.

I'm trying to keep the faith, but I've seen this movie before. Also it's game 5 and 7 in tampa, game 6 back in DC. Game 5 will be huge though for sure.

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah my bad as I had it backwards!
Keep the faith.....CAPS outplayed Tampa last night so it's not as if the CAPS were flat! Vas just stoned them! I can't see this series not going 7 games!

Agreed. Caps didn't look bad last night, game just didn't go there way, it happens and it goes both ways. They need to start converting on the PP though. Not sure there is much they can do about Tampa's PP at this point, need to just convert on their's to nullify Tampa's.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah was a good game. Now that the Caps have the lead get ready for neutral zone (aka boring) hockey.

Let’s hope not. If the caps sit back they lose. Need to continue what they’re doing.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The game in in Tampa.

He was implying that they would lose last night in game 6.

#463 5 years ago

Either team will also have to figure out fluery. He’s playing really well right now. Of course everyone knows that. After seeing what he did to the caps last season in them playoffs I know it will be tough. But first, Game 7.

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It's ironic that the best two games the CAPS have played (Game 6 and 7) were the games in which Ovie played the fewest minutes in! Before the CAPS fans start typing ....... I also think those two games were the best he played thus far. The CAPS are playing that defensive trap style hockey ... Ovie is a great goal scorer so having him on the ice less is better as it allows him to go all out more. He was moving quick, taking the body and coming back on D then getting off! Whoever made the decision to play him less .. it was a good one and its not to knock Ovie!

He is a defensive liability. He did seem to be doing more later in the series.

2 weeks later
#573 5 years ago

Fuck yeah CAPS did it. Now I need to convince the wife to let me buy the 2018 Stanley Cup Final Super Chexx.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzrider926.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-nhl-hockey-playoff-thread?tu=yzrider926 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.