hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago

Go Winnipeg!!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Flyers looked brutal...wonder if that's a beat down record for an opening playoff game

They only lost by a touchdown

#36 6 years ago

Brett and Reg....I admire your moxy picking Philly and Toronto to win the cup.

Nashville seems to be the overwhelming favorite in the Pinsider bracket

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#56 6 years ago

Kadri is getting suspended for that garbage hit

#61 6 years ago

Toronto & Philadelphia are just hoping their +/- from the playoffs can be projected onto the golf course next week.

#72 6 years ago

Loving the Winnipeg game!!! Staal elbows Wheeler....no call....Wheeler cross checks Staal in the back and breaks his stick....no call.

Playoff hockey baby!!

PS - Laine is Forsberg 2.0 in the making

#79 6 years ago

Marchand-Pastrnak-Bergeron have combined for 17 points in the first two playoff games.

That's crazy!!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Marchand-Pastrnak-Bergeron have combined for 17 points in the first two playoff games.
That's crazy!!

Correction.....20 combined points

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

*Insert that escalated quickly pic*

Da2vqeiUMAAtwZN.jpg large.jpgDa2vqeiUMAAtwZN.jpg large.jpg

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Caps lose again and only NHL team NOT to sell out their home games in the playoffs

I think my Ottawa Senators also hold that distinction.
Not something to be proud of. Must be a nations capital thing?

#90 6 years ago

Leafs dominating the Bruins and shutting then down with solid D. The Bruins goals were kind of weak. I'm kind of impressed with the Leafs.....but can they keep it up all series?

Bacon is probably three sheets to the wind right now, lol

#96 6 years ago

Vegas Golden Knights are the Cinderella story of this season/playoffs!

It truly is remarkable.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is it really though? I think it would be more remarkable if they had a losing season. They were able to pick average to above average players from 30 other teams and then hold some teams hostage for future high picks for not picking their better players (as several media outlets put it "(teams) paid Vegas their ransom to not pick their players").
This was the first time the NHL did the "Entry Draft" like this (for the record Vegas paid extra to have it this way) so all the hooopla that they're breaking all the expansion team records is asinine to say the least.
and for the record .... I am big fan of the team. Really good team to watch and if the Penguins bow out I will be in the Knights corner but just dread the fact all the media coverage will be blowing the whole "this is the first time an expansion team has ever won the championship" way out of portion.

I get what you're saying but throwing together a team like that and them clicking the way they are is, in my mind, truly remarkable. Usually chemistry between team mates needs to develop and takes time. It looks like this team has been playing together for years.

And I don't see them making it to the finals and winning the cup.....but who knows?

#107 6 years ago

The reason, I think, the caps fail every post season is because they expect Ovechkin to carry the team. He isn't capable of doing so.

He is a great player....but he fails to make others around him better. He will score, get assists and hit and shoot, but won't back check.

Crosby, on the other hand, can carry a team and make other players around him amazing. He does it all...on both ends of the ice.

When history judges Crosby and Ovie....Ovie will be remembered as a talented goal scoarer...and Crosby will be remembered as a franchise player who carried the Pens to numerous cups.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

historic Bluejackets

I think the only historic thing about the blue jackets is the cannon that they fire in the rink. Lol

Quoted from TheLaw:

Histoy will judge Ovechken for what he is, one of the greatest goal scorers of all time, and a top 10 goal scorer all time. Someone whom will have more goals than Lemuix, Yzerman, Messier etc etc.

I agree with you 100% on that.

#112 6 years ago

I got a good Crosby story to tell later on.

#115 6 years ago

Thumbs down for a Crosby story? Lol...ok. Guess I'll just post a picture of him with my grandfather. I was going to explain how they knew each other.

Anyways, Sidney was kind enough to send an email and flowers to my grandfather's funeral after he passed in 2005.

Class act.

Dad & Sidney.jpgDad & Sidney.jpg

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Haha! The thumbs down was for teasing everyone with the “story for later” part...we called girls in college Richard-Teases for doing that stuff.. haha!
great pic! Would love to hear the rest of the story. I will flip that thumb to the up position now...Wish I could give it 2 thumbs up!

Haha you're right...was a cocktease move. I was away from the house and figured the story is too long winded & would require a keyboard for me to type it out.

Anyways, to put this story into context you'll need to understand that in 1998-1999 there was wind coming out of Nova Scotia about some kid who was going to be the next Gretzky, Lemieux. etc. He was a phenom and people from all over the Maritimes (PEI,NB & NS) began traveling to go see this alleged kid phenom play. Sometimes they would drive 7+ hours one way just to see him play. All this for a kid playing Peewee...around 11-12 years old. People who would travel to see him would then come back and gush about his skills. It was almost mythical like descriptions of what he did with the puck and how many points he scored in a PERIOD!

So the picture above is when my grandfather (Ted) first met him in 2000 when traveled to see him play somewhere in the Maritimes. Sidney is only 12 years old in that picture. (turns 13 later that year I believe)

Anyways, when they would travel he would get billeted with families across the Maritimes. My grandfather's brother (Armand) was a billet host and took in kids playing midget/junior hockey and when big tournaments we're in town. When Sidney started playing for the Rimouski Oceanic in the QMJHL (2003), they would swing by Bathurst, NB to play the Titans. That's where Armand lived. (Side note: Rimouski Oceanic jerseys are the coolest hockey jerseys in my opinion)

Armand ended up billeting Sidney about a dozen times. So when Armand was billeting Sidney he would drive him to where he needed to go (rink/subway restaurant/whatever). People would ask to drop by and see him but he was very protective of him and kept people at bay. For the most part people we're very respectful and understood that if you wanted to see Sidney........go to the rink when he's in town.

When my grandfather (pictured) wasn't working he would go to the games with Armand. So a few times he shared a car ride with Sidney and on one of those times he made sure to have the picture taken from 2000 with him. He asked for a signature and Sidney was of course gracious enough to sign it.

Fast forward two years later and my grandfather passes away. Armand shares the news with Sidney because they kept in touch via email. Sidney offers his condolences to Armand and the entire family. He actually wrote something out for the family to read and sent flowers.

I remember getting hold of the email Armand had printed and noticed he blacked out Sidney's email with a black marker. But I held it up to the light at the funeral home (because I'm a nosy 23 year old hockey fan) and could make it out. It was a hotmail account...lol. I didn't have the gall to keep it or email him. It crossed my mind for half a second but I then knew that it would have been disrespectful considering the kind gestures he just showed our family.

Anyways, that's the story....just felt like sharing.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I cracked open a beer, looked up and said this ones for you Ted!

That's downright decent of you bacon! I'll do the same tonight.

Cheers buddy!

#130 6 years ago

Is it a boat? Is it a shark? I dunno but I like it...lol

612956.jpg612956.jpg

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Vintage bacon going chedda-slap upstairs! Can't wait for the Leaf game

Top shelf.....where Grandma keeps the cookies!!!

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Taking the ducks was just plain dumb. Sorta like taking LA.

I picked both of those teams in my bracket....doh!!

#146 6 years ago

What number was Crosby with Océanic? I’m thinking about getting one of those Océanic sweaters with Crosby name and number on it. Then I’ll be able to flush out the TRUE Pittsburgh hockey fans!! Haha!

#87 as usual.

Thats Sidney in the picture I posted. I may get a jersey too.

Edit: confirmed with pic

CrosbyStanleyCup.jpgCrosbyStanleyCup.jpg

#148 6 years ago

I kinda figured it was 87 but needed confirmation.
More trivia (I don’t know the answer)..who was the C when he was the A?

Rimouski team captain during the Crosby era was Marc-Antoine Pouliot.

#151 6 years ago

The Bruins will finish the series at home. But then again, most of my predictions this year have fallen flat.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Refs in this philly gm are awful tonight
Every call going the Pens way and nothing against all there cheap shots.

The refs were bad

#166 5 years ago

I have to give the Leafs credit...they pulled one out tonight. You could see they we're constantly flipping the puck out of their own zone to get it up the ice. Making weird odd man rushes out of it. It wasn't pretty hockey...but it got the job done.

#171 5 years ago

Barnburner.jpgBarnburner.jpg

#175 5 years ago

Toronto played very well tonight. I was impressed.

Never thought it would go to 7

#186 5 years ago

Nice hussle from DeBrusk on that goal. Cmon leafs...tie it up and make things interesting!

Game 7s rarely disappoint!

#204 5 years ago

addtext_com_MTQyMjM3MTM3NTk.jpgaddtext_com_MTQyMjM3MTM3NTk.jpg

#211 5 years ago

The Sharks/Knights game + OT was awesome!! Karlsson's OT goal was a great snipe!!

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pens are garbage. Letang is junk, Kessel is junk, defense is junk.
65 days ago

Awful, dumb, defense.

That quote from 65 days ago reminds me of the progressive commercial about turning into your dad. Lol

"Defense wins championships"

You'd think if Progressive insurance knows that that the Pens would know that too.

#224 5 years ago

I feel your guys' pain. McGuire and their play by play guy are horrible.

There's gotta be a way for you guys to stream or get CBC/Sportsnet/TSN in the states.

#238 5 years ago

addtext_com_MDYzMTA4MTYxODk.jpgaddtext_com_MDYzMTA4MTYxODk.jpg

#248 5 years ago

Wilson got 3 game suspension...

Quoted from meSz:

Wilson suspended for 3 games!

Quoted from tandem2:

Wilson suspended for three!

Happy Pens fans I see

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

On a different note...........am I the only one that sees the irony in the fact that one of the NHL's biggest goons is the head of "Player's Safety"?

I didn't understand the Shanahan appointment a few years ago & I don't understand the Parros appointment either. Brendan Shanahan was a great rough and tough player and George Parros was a fighter/goon.

Anyone remember Shanahan and Roy at center ice in 1996? Not really "player safety" material in my books. lol

If you want ex-player's being the head of "player safety", wouldn't you want Lady Byng trophy winner's/candidates to be leading that specific department?

I dunno what makes sense in the NHL anymore.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Parros was never a goon, Parros was big and he was an enforcer, imo that is different than a plug cheap shot artist. Parros is a very smart ivy league educated professional. It just so happens he got into fights in his hockey years.

I said Goon/Fighter...in my opinion that is what he was, both. Not sure how you got cheap shot artists out of that. Goons/Fighters serve the same purpose but their delivery methods are different. Parros encompassed both of those aspects.

Cheap shot artists are gutless cowards like Claude Lemieux, Raffi Torres, Ulf Samuellson, etc (I wouldn't even call them goons)

The point I'm making about appointments is this. If they want ex-player's running that department, they should appoint people who led by example when they played.

Parros definitely does not fit that criteria

#261 5 years ago

Winnipeg is playing awful and flat footed. Going into the 3rd they need to wake up or the series will be tied going back to Nashville.

#287 5 years ago

He's a great hockey player....but mentally he's a few bricks short of a load.

Playoff karma licked him good. Bye bye bruins

#297 5 years ago

Caps have finally overcome the penguin playoff curse. Let's see how they do next round.

Go Winnipeg!

#307 5 years ago

giphy(28).gifgiphy(28).gif

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Rinne two soft goals! Jets out playing Preds right now.
GO JETS GO

4-1 Jets!!

#323 5 years ago

Jets/Knights and Capitals/Lightning

I just wish they had a game on every night

#334 5 years ago

I used to live outside of Baltimore in Glen Burnie. Baltimore is no picnic.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit man I'm just glad you've lived this long; what a complete and utter shithole.
*Stay safe!*

#335 5 years ago

Side note: my playoff bracket looks pitiful

#349 5 years ago

BrooklynDrug....you must be a hit at parties.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Caps can't even blow this one...they're steamrolling through the Bolts.

Yupp....they are playing some mean hockey. I'm kinda surprised

#385 5 years ago

Good game...good series. Wish they Jets would have won. Can't wait for game four!

Best part of the game was watching Byfuglien ragdoll those two Vegas players, LOL.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How many careers did Scott Stevens end I wonder..unintentionally of course.

Paul Kariya for two.....

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Who nailed Pronger to end his career? ..I know it was an eye injury not sure if it was a puck

I seem to recall Mikhail Grabovski (Leafs) stick striking him in the eye

#424 5 years ago

Man o man.....Winnipeg's days look numbered now.

Side note: Apparently someone in Vegas placed a wager before the start of the season that the Vegas Golden Knights would win the cup. CBC color commentator was talking about it at puck drop for Game 3. I think it was a 300-1 odds and he bet $400. So that equates to 120K

He sold his wager to someone for 40K. Nice return!

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Caps can't even blow this one...they're steamrolling through the Bolts.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yupp....they are playing some mean hockey. I'm kinda surprised

I feel like George Costanza when it comes to my hockey picks/predictions this year....

"If every instinct I have is wrong, then the opposite must be correct!"

#435 5 years ago

Good run by the Jets. Sad that they lost

Looks like Vegas vs Tampa Bay. Somewhere Gary Bettman just creamed his pants.

#470 5 years ago

Washington vs Vegas.....who woulda thunk it at the beginning of the year?

It'll prolly boil down to which goalie plays best.

1 week later
#502 5 years ago

Enough with the theatrics Vegas....drop the puck already!!!!

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The embellishment penalty is only called along with another penalty thus making the play even on the ice. I would like to suggest that if a player embellishes then only that player would get the penalty but the refs aren't capable of doing that.

I never understood that. How can you can embellishment on one guy and then call the other guy (with tripping, high sticking whatever) at the same time?

Call one or the other....not both.

1 week later
#553 5 years ago

Congrats to the Capitals, they deserved it.

Hey Barry Trotz, you just won the cup.....you can smile now. Lol

#578 5 years ago

HBO/NHL/SHOWTIME.....someone better follow Ovechkin around with a camera this summer to capture his antics with the cup. I think it would make for a funny and interesting documentary.

#580 5 years ago

Here's the final results for the bracket challenge. Congrats Huff!

I finished dead last. I can only do better next year...right? lol

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
1 week later
#595 5 years ago

If he's headed to the NYI then Tavares isn't sticking around...that's for damn sure.

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

HOFFMAN traded to SJ then flipped to Florida..

Watch out Florida hockey wives!!!! LOL

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

...and I bet Todd Rierden (most likely coach) and the Caps will do just fine. Islanders better hope they sign Tavares because no coach and no amount of money is going to get that team into the playoffs with out re-signing Tavares and other free agent signings.

For the love of my fantasy hockey keeper pool I hope Tavares signs with a contender.

1 week later
#618 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Have to turn the fan590 radio off. John tavares John Tavares John Tavares. "Theres a 50/50 chance he's coming to Toronto! "
Wake up Tavares in not coming to Toronto.
Last 2 hours talking about this can't take it anymore.

Even Jay & Dan on TSN are tired of it. They had a segment last night for John Tavares where they offered the advice....."just sign with someone already!" Lol

I hope he goes to Boston or Toronto....for my fantasy hockey pool sake!

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Canada day!! Perfect day to sign with Leafs!!!
Bozak to STL
JVR to philly
Polak to Dallas
"Walk like an Egyptian "!!!!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/john-tavares-signing-maple-leafs-1.4730452

He actually did it!! Signed with Toronto!!

I hope his fantasy value skyrockets now!!

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

now that Tavares is signed, where's Karlsson going? He'll never be a Flyer but that wont stop me from hoping.

Dallas

#637 5 years ago

Hey Bacon....when you going to start the 2018-2019 season thread?

1 week later
#655 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

As I relax on this awesone Friday evening , burning questions about hockey invade my brain. I wonder what is your go to drink or snack when watching a game?

Beer or whiskey

Pistachios

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I still drink Moosehead for my Canadian beer

Moosehead premium dry and Moosehead green baby!!

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

R.I.P. Ray Emery
Drowned on Lake Ontario this morning.

That's messed up.

I'll always remember him for this clip. Was watching that game live. RIP Ray

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

He was my favorite also, hence my screen name

Always a classic Selanne moment

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-nhl-hockey-playoff-thread?tu=imnotnorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.