hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 5 years ago

You two almost done and then the thread can return to discussion on the playoffs! (geebus you two must have been married in a past life!)

#352 5 years ago

I only replied to him three times, and that was the last one I'll bother with. /shrug

At least I mentioned the Jets looked good last night!

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I only replied to him three times, and that was the last one I'll bother with. /shrug
At least I mentioned the Jets looked good last night!

LOL and that they did! Think the big shocker here is the Lighting looking so flat!

When Fleury played for the Penguins he had a few meltdowns in the playoffs but I don't think last night was the start of one as (maybe) that first goal was the only one he should've had! The others were all nice goals by the Jets!

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Funny, you live in a shithole as well, but way more boring.
But yeah, you and your soft skin wouldn't survive out here. Ain't for pussy sissies.
*Stay S.A.F.E.*

Ann Arbor is a shithole; got it.

I understand you're in full Meltdown mode, but I'm the one on your side genius.

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

...this makes no sense.
Every single crapitals fan gets the same treatment, here or there. One of you turds started this and then you all joined in, you all get the same. Whatya expect? Me to take all that and not say shit? Please. Embrace reality here, Penguins lost but aren't losers, Crapitals are still going and damn sure losers. Whether it's your team or not, reality.
Why don't you three exchange blowjobs already, Christ. It's sports. People get fuckin serious about that shit. Must be fair weather fans or something. Go watch baseball, something more S.A.F.E.

Lol I could tell you would be easy to get riled up. Yup you are right, you get more emotional about your sports team, you must know more about it than anyone who chooses not to cry and deflect when their team loses.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

LOL and that they did! Think the big shocker here is the Lighting looking so flat!
When Fleury played for the Penguins he had a few meltdowns in the playoffs but I don't think last night was the start of one as (maybe) that first goal was the only one he should've had! The others were all nice goals by the Jets!

I think they just had a little rink rust, Im sure the rest of the games will be much more competitive, in both the ECF and the WCF. I agree that Fleury wasn't the problem in that game.

#357 5 years ago

Caps playing that NJ Devils boring hockey but it’s working!

#358 5 years ago

Ugh, the neutral zone trap. The Lightning aren't looking very energetic (/pun). Better get it together quick or there wont be a game five.

#359 5 years ago

I agree with you. The way things are going, it looks like Tampa will be done in 5. Hope your anger has settled down, not good for your soul, matey.

#360 5 years ago

Not a Capitals fan, but if they go to finals it would be nice for Ovie to win the cup!!

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Not a Capitals fan, but if they go to finals it would be nice for Ovie to win the cup!!

Yeah for me I don't care who wins but if I had to pick .... Jets! Huge hockey town and it's been a long time coming for those fans!

#362 5 years ago

The Russians are interfering with the NHL playoffs now...trying to get Ovechkin a Stanley Cup. Influencing refs calls. CNN broke the story late last night and is all over it!

#363 5 years ago

Knights back on track tonight, tomorrow if Bolts go down 3 straight will be disaster

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Knights back on track tonight, tomorrow if Bolts go down 3 straight will be disaster

I don't know if it was the Jets playing flat or the Knights firing on all cylinders; but Vegas looks incredibly sharp all game. Prior to the first goal they scored, they held the puck in their offensive zone for like 3 shifts in a row. They were putting on a clinic.

#365 5 years ago

Caps can't even blow this one...they're steamrolling through the Bolts.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yupp....they are playing some mean hockey. I'm kinda surprised

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Doesn't appear so BUT keep in mind the Caps are the only team to win the first two AWAY games in a series and then lose the series on two separate occasions! Also, the Caps, of the 4 remaining teams, has the worse home record! The true CAPS fan is still biting their nails right now!

#368 5 years ago

would love to see vegas and tampa in the finals with yzerman and gallant going at each other

great game by the knights last night

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Doesn't appear so BUT keep in mind the Caps are the only team to win the first two AWAY games in a series and then lose the series on two separate occasions! Also, the Caps, of the 4 remaining teams, has the worse home record! The true CAPS fan is still biting their nails right now!

I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t true.

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Doesn't appear so BUT...The true CAPS fan is still biting their nails right now!

Any true fan of any team would still be biting their nails. I don't celebrate till the shit is 0 on the clock! Lest we forget Game 7 2009...any Pens fans think that Lidstrom shot WASN'T going in?

True they have blown it before but they never started on the road and won both so we shall see.

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

True they have blown it before but they never started on the road and won both so we shall see.

That's just it ... Caps history is that they're the only team in history to have won the first two games on the road of a series and went on to lose both series! They talked about it the other night on NBC!

Quoted from YZRider926:

I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t true.

Yeah but just like losing over and over again to the Penguins they're do for a win! Look at the Penguins they had a 14 (??) year losing streak at Philly !!!

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

That's just it ... Caps history is that they're the only team in history to have won the first two games on the road of a series and went on to lose both series! They talked about it the other night on NBC!

Oh right I meant this playoffs. But true if they lose this first game they might start wondering

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah but just like losing over and over again to the Penguins they're do for a win! Look at the Penguins they had a 14 (??) year losing streak at Philly !!!

I have more faith in them getting there this year then I did the past few years. I know their history and it’s ugly. I think they can beat Tampa, but they need to continue playing the way they have been. I’ll really start going here we go again if they lose both at home.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

This applies to just about any DC sports team that dips a foot into the playoffs.

And why I have no fingernails.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

This applies to just about any DC sports team that dips a foot into the playoffs.
And why I have no fingernails.

LOL now that you mention it .... DC Sports Teams do kind of ..........

Makes you feel any better we have the Pirates and a owner that LOVES making money of a losing team! Biggest mistake baseball did was had the profit sharing. Anytime the Pirates start to look like a contender they trade their "big names" away in order to lose! They make more by losing then they would winning!

We did (however) get spoiled as hell when Leniuex took over the Penguins! Understandably he did this as they owed him so much money that it was the only way he would see any of it BUT he has proven year after year he wants to win! He spends to the cap every year. So much so that 3 years ago it hurt the Pens as going into the playoffs they were down D-men and they weren't allowed to bring anyone up as they were at the cap! When I was younger I use to always think "man I hope I live to see the day they win a Cup .... 5 Cups later !!!

Let me end with LETS GO LIGHTNING ..... as a hockey fan I want to see as many games as possible!!

#376 5 years ago

4-1

#377 5 years ago

Who’s winning?

#378 5 years ago

Tampa- 10 min left n Caps have resorted to cheap shots like crazy.

Is it me or has Ovie been standing still most of the night? I realize he’s a goal scorer and not a play maker but man you have to move around some!

#379 5 years ago

Some unbelievable snipe shots in this game.

Was Kuznetsov a former Spetznaz sniper? Geez....

#380 5 years ago

That's just the playoffs, and certain(t)ly these playoffs. Up and down back and forth blow outs one way then the other.
It's Great!

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Any true fan of any team would still be biting their nails. I don't celebrate till the shit is 0 on the clock! Lest we forget Game 7 2009...any Pens fans think that Lidstrom shot WASN'T going in?

I was standing the whole period or game in 2009 and did not celebrate until the end. I remember and went to game 4 with my Dad as we traveled from AZ to Pitt. Tonight’s game Tampa power play won it early on gave them the lead, they still got out shot by Caps like how the Pens would win against them in past years

#382 5 years ago

Man I'm getting old, enjoying the five little peppers on TCM before the game. Now if anyone knows what I'm talking about your an old fart too.

#383 5 years ago

Fleury won that one tonight! Jets played flat in the 1st but turned it on outplaying the Knights in the 2nd and 3rd! Good game to watch!

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Good game to watch!

You knew it was going to be good when you saw a knight taking on an F-18 at center ice before the game started.

Vegas baby.

#385 5 years ago

Good game...good series. Wish they Jets would have won. Can't wait for game four!

Best part of the game was watching Byfuglien ragdoll those two Vegas players, LOL.

#386 5 years ago

Likely no penalty called

#387 5 years ago

I hope the refs throw away the whistle next year. I can't remember a playoff where the refs looked so confused and bad.

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Good game...good series. Wish they Jets would have won. Can't wait for game four!
Best part of the game was watching Byfuglien ragdoll those two Vegas players, LOL.
» YouTube video

Yup, guy's an animal!!

#389 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I hope the refs throw away the whistle next year. I can't remember a playoff where the refs looked so confused and bad.

Last year and the year before that and the..............................

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Last year and the year before that and the..............................

Haha my exact thoughts

#391 5 years ago

This year is the worst

#392 5 years ago

I asked the lady down the street (who halts people in cars in the middle of the road for cigarettes) about her opinion on the this years playoffs....answer in pic.
You know the cigar and mis match flip flops are just too much.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I asked the lady down the street.

7F1B502F-B786-4BD8-AB68-AC2F88E734B9 (resized).jpeg7F1B502F-B786-4BD8-AB68-AC2F88E734B9 (resized).jpeg

#394 5 years ago

No, she's a she...sometimes she wears very low cut skirts...I have learned to drive by slow as to not rustle the wind.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

That's just it ... Caps history is that they're the only team in history to have won the first two games on the road of a series and went on to lose both series!

Oh boy

#396 5 years ago

And now it’s a best of 3 series. caps outplayed TB but Vas was the difference like Fleury was last night.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

And now it’s a best of 3 series. caps outplayed TB but Vas was the difference like Fleury was last night.

And to score first, and then give up 2 right away...that's the Holtby i remember

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And to score first, and then give up 2 right away...that's the Holtby i remember

Did you see the goals? Not like holtby was at fault for those. He’s given up some softies before, but damn do people pile on. Most of the goals have by Tampa have been on the pp and not seeing much of what holtby could of done.

#399 5 years ago

Vas was standing on his head 95% of the game. Ovi had an amazing pass on the caps second goal to spring Kuznetsov. I guess when the officiating is terrible but doesn't favor one team over the other it doesn't matter as much.

#400 5 years ago

what a set of series for both divisions!

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-nhl-hockey-playoff-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.