hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 5 years ago

Did not have the Knights not scoring or losing bad tonight. Can’t wait for Pens I tomorrow and hoping for a win.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Happy Pens fans I see

Capitals have a history of headhunting Pens players...(off the top of my head)
* 2011 when David Steckel blindsided Crosby at Winter Classic giving him a concussion that lost a season to the hit
* the numerous times Ovechkin has run Malkin for Malkin banging Ovie girlfriend (you can add the time Ovechkin punched Malkin’s agent and broke his jaw in a Russian nightclub)
* Last year, when Niskanen cross-checked Crosby in the head and Crosby missed a game or maybe two
* Wilson’s intentional knee on knee hit to Conor Sherry in 2016 playoffs that he got fined for
* Wilson’s headshot to Dumoulin in game 2 of this year

So, yes....are the pens fans happy to see the league finally do something? You’re gosh darn right we are!

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Capitals have a history of headhunting Pens players...
* 2011 when David Steckel blindsided Crosby at Winter Classic giving him a concussion that lost a season to the hit
* the numerous times Ovechkin has run Malkin for Malkin banging Ovie girlfriend (you can add the time Ovechkin punched Malkin’s agent and broke his jaw in a Russian nightclub)
* Last year, when Niskanen cross-checked Crosby in the head and Crosby missed a game or maybe two
* Wilson’s intentional knee on knee hit in 2016 playoffs that he got fined for
* Wilson’s headshot to Dumoulin in game 2 of this year
So, yes....are the pens fans happy to see the league finally do something? You’re gosh darn right we are!

You forgot the Orprick hit on Maatta that got him, I think, a 2 game suspension. The 2016 playoffs. The list rolls on.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Happy Pens fans I see

Happy he got suspended, not really as it doesn't change the fact that the Penguins aren't playing well at the moment. You have Malkin and Kessel playing hurt, Haglin out, Letang playing like absolute garbage are all big factors, more so than Wilson headhunting!

On a different note...........am I the only one that sees the irony in the fact that one of the NHL's biggest goons is the head of "Player's Safety"?

#255 5 years ago

Wasn’t the last guy a goon too? Either way sucks he got suspended for 3 games. I figured a suspension was coming just wasn’t expecting 3 games. Either way, Wilson being out won’t be the reason the caps lose if and when it happens.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Wasn’t the last guy a goon too? Either way sucks he got suspended for 3 games. I figured a suspension was coming just wasn’t expecting 3 games. Either way, Wilson being out won’t be the reason the caps lose if and when it happens.

Guess the NHL figures a goon would know what is and isnt in the way of Players safety!

I was surprised too as I was expecting, if anything, one game as it's the playoffs and we know the NHL rule book changes in the playoffs!

Not too concerned even if the Pens go down 3-1 ... they have come back twice in a 3-1 deficit and both times it was the Caps, however the Caps are playing better than the Penguins right now! The big thing I see is .... the Caps are playing their best hockey right now and the Pens are mediocre, at best, if the Pens start playing they will beat the Caps.... just not sure there's enough time for Malkin and Kessel to heel and be 100% or for Haglin to even make it back into the lineup!

#257 5 years ago

Yeah caps definitely caught the penguins at a good time. No excuses this year, not that they really had any the last 2 years either.

I always joke with my pens fan coworkers how they need to play the caps if they want to win the cup.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

On a different note...........am I the only one that sees the irony in the fact that one of the NHL's biggest goons is the head of "Player's Safety"?

I didn't understand the Shanahan appointment a few years ago & I don't understand the Parros appointment either. Brendan Shanahan was a great rough and tough player and George Parros was a fighter/goon.

Anyone remember Shanahan and Roy at center ice in 1996? Not really "player safety" material in my books. lol

If you want ex-player's being the head of "player safety", wouldn't you want Lady Byng trophy winner's/candidates to be leading that specific department?

I dunno what makes sense in the NHL anymore.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I didn't understand the Shanahan appointment a few years ago & I don't understand the Parros appointment either. Brendan Shanahan was a great rough and tough player and George Parros was a fighter/goon.
Anyone remember Shanahan and Roy at center ice in 1996? Not really "player safety" material in my books. lol
If you want ex-player's being the head of "player safety", wouldn't you want Lady Byng trophy winner's/candidates to be leading that specific department?
I dunno what makes sense in the NHL anymore.

Parros was never a goon, Parros was big and he was an enforcer, imo that is different than a plug cheap shot artist. Parros is a very smart ivy league educated professional. It just so happens he got into fights in his hockey years.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Parros was never a goon, Parros was big and he was an enforcer, imo that is different than a plug cheap shot artist. Parros is a very smart ivy league educated professional. It just so happens he got into fights in his hockey years.

I said Goon/Fighter...in my opinion that is what he was, both. Not sure how you got cheap shot artists out of that. Goons/Fighters serve the same purpose but their delivery methods are different. Parros encompassed both of those aspects.

Cheap shot artists are gutless cowards like Claude Lemieux, Raffi Torres, Ulf Samuellson, etc (I wouldn't even call them goons)

The point I'm making about appointments is this. If they want ex-player's running that department, they should appoint people who led by example when they played.

Parros definitely does not fit that criteria

#261 5 years ago

Winnipeg is playing awful and flat footed. Going into the 3rd they need to wake up or the series will be tied going back to Nashville.

#262 5 years ago

I can now rest until Sat, thanks for the win Pens

#263 5 years ago

Wow...that was a game tonight.
Caps are hot...can we trade Kessel now?

Guys, it's all fun and games and I get it, but he obviously has a drinking problem. He's just milling around in a confused state.

Spoilers - I will only be posting after games from now on because they only win If I'm watching a recording.

EDIT: Caps are BY FAR the better team so far.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I can now rest until Sat, thanks for the win Pens

They were lucky to win tonight. Caps definitely dominated the whole game.

#265 5 years ago

Pens need to play more of that defense-first style, like they played in third period last night. They have been charging hard offensively since first puck drop, and caps have been burning them on the counter-rush when the defensemen pinch in along the boards. Feels good to be 2-2, now it’s a best of 3 with capitals having home ice advantage.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Went to the game and while I agree that the CAPS possession time was probably 2-1 cant say they dominated when they had 21 shots on net! Neither team dominated as it was a defensive game! Crosby and Ovie 0 shots!

Quoted from TheLaw:

can we trade Kessel now?

Report is that Kessel is playing hurt. Wont know until after the playoffs are done as to what extent!

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Went to the game and while I agree that the CAPS possession time was probably 2-1 cant say they dominated when they had 21 shots on net! Neither team dominated as it was a defensive game! Crosby and Ovie 0 shots!

Report is that Kessel is playing hurt. Wont know until after the playoffs are done as to what extent!

He hasn’t ripped off one of his signature wristers in a long time...he did get an assist last night.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Sounds like a typical Yinzer! Lol

216E491C-6BE6-465C-B9D9-D0DF861A2638 (resized).jpeg216E491C-6BE6-465C-B9D9-D0DF861A2638 (resized).jpeg

6C3A52D2-7822-414A-B54D-71FF2FD4BF1F (resized).jpeg6C3A52D2-7822-414A-B54D-71FF2FD4BF1F (resized).jpeg

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

He hasn’t ripped off one of his signature wristers in a long time...he did get an assist last night.

And boy do we need one or ten of those signature wristers. Phil Kessel come down!

#270 5 years ago

Yeah I wouldn’t say either team dominated. Caps were chasing and getting out hustled like the previous 2 years. Didn’t expect the caps to take both in Pittsburg and was hoping for them to come back at least tied.

#271 5 years ago

Knights win but it got scary in the end

#272 5 years ago

Man Letang SUCKS!!!
4 out of 5 goals for the caps were a result of turnovers by the pens.

#273 5 years ago

Wore my Ovechkin jersey to the Ann Arbor show yesterday for good luck - paid off

#274 5 years ago

Suck it penguins. Can the caps actually beat them - god I hope so. Hate the penguins.

btw - devils fan, DC resident for 10 years. Let's go caps! Take 'em out!

#275 5 years ago

32736298-7D48-4B92-B6BF-762CF9988B8D (resized).jpeg32736298-7D48-4B92-B6BF-762CF9988B8D (resized).jpeg

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Wore my Ovechkin jersey to the Ann Arbor show yesterday for good luck - paid off

Quoted from delt31:

Suck it penguins. Can the caps actually beat them - god I hope so. Hate the penguins.

Saw you in your Ovie sweater...you wore it well.
Congrats om winning guys, you've earned it.

#277 5 years ago

You're giving Letang too much credit .... a pylon you have to go around, Letang lets you go straight through!

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Saw you in your Ovie sweater...you wore it well.
Congrats om winning guys, you've earned it.

Thank you sir - wanted to meet you in person and was chatting with one of your team and he told me you were the one riding on the mini bike - that was awesome!! Thank you for an incredible show!

These have been great playoffs - hope 2 or 3 series go to game 7 (TB looks to strong for Boston to come back).

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You're giving Letang too much credit .... a pylon you have to go around, Letang lets you go straight through!

Go back to my post #113 and read my thoughts on Letang....

#280 5 years ago

There’s this. Haha! Goes back a few years.

A07589B2-4DF5-4B5A-BEC1-C77CD5C32322 (resized).jpegA07589B2-4DF5-4B5A-BEC1-C77CD5C32322 (resized).jpeg

#281 5 years ago

The Pens Loss did not hit me well, stop the odd man rushes and just not getting the bounces on net making Holtby look so good is painful

#282 5 years ago

mASSholes first team to be eliminated in 2nd round!

#283 5 years ago

See ya Boston, go Kunitz and Bolts, if u get Caps destroy them, Go Pens

#284 5 years ago

Looks like the Bruins are going to have to go home and lick their wounds.

IMG_20180507_090351 (resized).jpgIMG_20180507_090351 (resized).jpg

#285 5 years ago

Yeah WTF...Does he have a thing for licking guys? Don't drop your soap in the shower boys.

#286 5 years ago

That's just yucky...

#287 5 years ago

He's a great hockey player....but mentally he's a few bricks short of a load.

Playoff karma licked him good. Bye bye bruins

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

He's a great hockey player....but mentally he's a few bricks short of a load.
Playoff karma licked him good. Bye bye bruins

Yeah Marchand is a good player but in the end all he'll be remembered for is licking person! Kind of reminds you of Sean Averey .... all people remember of him is that he stood in front of Brodeaur like an idiot .... at least Averey was trying to help his team ... licking someone did absolutely nothing to help the Bs. Reading Marchand's response to the NHL telling him to stop shows that he just doesn't get it! He's one of those people that thinks of himself first before anyone else!

Want to add as well that watching Chara is hard. Not sure if its his age or what but man he is slow! Maata can give him a head start in a race and win! One thing I noticed about Chara is he constantly interfered with people as he couldn't keep up with them!

#289 5 years ago

What Marchand did was put himself into t a position where there was basically no way he was going to be able to draw a penalty again. I don't think he embellished on that holding call, but LOL they called him on the unsportsmalike embellishment. Also, I think he got hauled down on two other occasions, no call on either, he made his bed, now he can lick his wounds in it.

#290 5 years ago

Marchand has always been dirty IMO... anyways...

GO CAPS!

#291 5 years ago

Congrats to the CAPS !!

Letang have you ever seen a D man make so many mistakes in a series

#292 5 years ago

Crosby with another dirty move right at the end - purposely went skate to skate. He's such a piece of **** it's unbelievable. Glad to see he was stripped of the puck at the end - add a big negative to the score card for cry baby.

Burn in hell penguins. Let's go caps!

#293 5 years ago

Why are both him and Dumoulin up over center ice in OT? Really? At 9-1,pens were up against the caps and law of averages...congrats to the caps. They took it to the pens all series. A bounce here or there and it’s easily the other way around.

53EFECB0-0059-4E01-862C-7516F6D9C9BB (resized).jpeg53EFECB0-0059-4E01-862C-7516F6D9C9BB (resized).jpeg

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Crosby with another dirty move right at the end - purposely went skate to skate. He's such a piece of **** it's unbelievable. Glad to see he was stripped of the puck at the end - add a big negative to the score card for cry baby.
Burn in hell penguins. Let's go caps!

You live in Pittsburgh? Lol

#295 5 years ago

Doesn't matter where you live, you should know.

#296 5 years ago

I was more upset on Sat loss than tonight’s, expected it to end on an odd man rush just like the series for the most part. Pens did not play tonight 22 shots is pathetic, especially with backstrom out, but tonight I drink a whiskey for the end of the Back to Back run, thanks Pens until next year. I still have Knights vs Tampa in my final prediction since playoffs thread. Oh well bounces did not go our way but the series to me I felt was over when we lost the close game with turnover in whatever game is was at last min of the period. Caps out did us but we did not show our best the last two games only a period or so not a complete game.

27ED69EA-DEF1-4002-9CE7-8A3855A9C3C4 (resized).jpeg27ED69EA-DEF1-4002-9CE7-8A3855A9C3C4 (resized).jpeg

#297 5 years ago

Caps have finally overcome the penguin playoff curse. Let's see how they do next round.

Go Winnipeg!

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

...but tonight I drink a whiskey for the end of the Back to Back run, thanks Pens until next year. ...

Indeed!
I put their chances to win the Cup @ 5% when the playoffs started, and nudged it up to 10% after the first round...winning 3 in a row is just not going to happen these days.

They blew their load on offense when they really needed defense...other than Kessel being non existent/injured/whatever.
Things I remember looking back over the last 2 were blocked shots; everyone was diving down and taking pucks everywhere selling out totally for defense to win those cups. Well, no one even had a chance to try it this year because every offensive play the Caps had was a odd man rush.

In long, the Caps were the better team and had been all series; congrats to them. Ovie is a likable guy and I got no beef. Will they get swept by the Bolts? Probably.

#299 5 years ago

I’m a caps fan and glad they finally did it. One beating the pens. Two getting to the conference finals. But, they’re only half way there. Hae fun tonight and get back to work. Not out of the woods yet.

#300 5 years ago

I mean I have some beer and booze that's fine, but my daughter is just a month away from her 2nd birthday and all she's known is a world with the Pens as champs.
Damn you Ovechkin what do I tell my little girl!!!

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-nhl-hockey-playoff-thread/page/6?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.