hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I said it earlier but caps have sucked at home. They were able to get away with it last round, but it isn’t happened against the pens. 3 out of 4 home games they are up 2 goals and lose. At least this didn’t go to ot.

Yeah so you have the Caps who are better on the road and the Pens who were better at home all season! Should make for an interesting match-up! However, the Pens did only win one game, out of three, at home against the Flyer!

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Caps play better when they're down. It would've been foolish for them to win the first game of the series. It's not all about goals and scores, there's this thing called strategy.

Strategy to lose a home game? Shit strategy against a team that always beats you. You can't drop a home game to a team like the pens. You just cant. And they did this without arguably their best forward and speediest pk'r.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah so you have the Caps who are better on the road and the Pens who were better at home all season! Should make for an interesting match-up! However, the Pens did only win one game, out of three, at home against the Flyer!

Their bound to start winning lots at home. Regular season will creep in, hopefully it happens this series. It is only 1 game but, that away win was super huge.

#204 5 years ago

addtext_com_MTQyMjM3MTM3NTk.jpgaddtext_com_MTQyMjM3MTM3NTk.jpg

#205 5 years ago

NO way that wasn't a goal. Pittsburgh was just robbed.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

NO way that wasn't a goal. Pittsburgh was just robbed.

Yes robbed on the goal but they did not get the bounces today either, and now another injury

#207 5 years ago

WOW.... that Jets-Preds game was a barn burner. Double OT, ending with a beautiful dish to a filthy deke and GWG.

Playoff hockey! Woooooooot!

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes robbed on the goal but they did not get the bounces today either, and now another injury

We can only hope that DIRTY hit Dumo wasn't as bad as it looked. We need him. But it wouldn't be a crapitals series without them injuring one of our players. Happened the last goddamn 3 years, fucking can't do anything so they have to do that. Then, we get a fucking no goal call on us, and Murray clearly interfered with on one of theirs, of course it was allowed. Shitty day for the pens. Pens vs craps and officials more like.

At least we have home ice. Need to nail them both those games, it's a fucking must.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Pens vs craps and officials more like.

Crap vs crap is more like it. Sucks and all but you want to play a first period like that, on the road, in the playoffs, you can't expect to win. All Pens fault...play flat, horrible D, give aways, bad line changes, milling around doing jack shit.

Good job trading away your defensive depth guys.

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Crap vs crap is more like it. Sucks and all but you want to play a first period like that, on the road, in the playoffs, you can't expect to win. All Pens fault...play flat, horrible D, give aways, bad line changes, milling around doing jack shit.
Good job trading away your defensive depth guys.

Letang is a mess back there. Shultz is pens best all around defender. If dumo has a concussion, oh boy! They traded Cole to get brassard, but I thought Sheahan was doing great. Unless Kessel or Brassard starts scoring, or they get something out of 4th line..without Malkin, Hagelin and Dumoulin, that’s significant players missing

#211 5 years ago

The Sharks/Knights game + OT was awesome!! Karlsson's OT goal was a great snipe!!

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The Sharks/Knights game + OT was awesome!! Karlsson's OT goal was a great snipe!!

I watched it now awaiting Pens game tomorrow.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yeah that looked like a little goalie interference in that SJ goal but I guess 8 don't know what it is anymore! Can't stand the sharks.

#214 5 years ago

446AF9D2-0D88-4F65-B937-BEE829CD234D (resized).jpeg446AF9D2-0D88-4F65-B937-BEE829CD234D (resized).jpeg

#215 5 years ago

Nashville / jets game is a real treat to watch. Playoff hockey at its best. Refs have clearly thrown away the whistle in this game.

#216 5 years ago

Pens are garbage. Letang is junk, Kessel is junk, defense is junk.

65 days ago

Quoted from TheLaw:

I understand going balls deep with scoring for when the top line gets shut down but you need defense in Playoffs.

Awful, dumb, defense.

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Nashville / jets game is a real treat to watch. Playoff hockey at its best. Refs have clearly thrown away the whistle in this game.

At least the Jets fans know what season it is.

IMG_20180501_213715 (resized).jpgIMG_20180501_213715 (resized).jpg

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wow tied up at 4...crazy. Go Canadia!

After this game ends I'll be popping in the 1992 Stanley Cup final as I have every year the Pens have won. Time to activate some JuJu

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Refs have clearly thrown away the whistle in this game.

boy not as of late!

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

65 days ago

Awful, dumb, defense.

That quote from 65 days ago reminds me of the progressive commercial about turning into your dad. Lol

"Defense wins championships"

You'd think if Progressive insurance knows that that the Pens would know that too.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kessel has really been struggling. What I noticed most tonight is Allen seemed pretty shaky.

A LOT of talent on that Pens team though. That play with Guentzel undressing the defenseman then feeding Crosby is a testimonial. Unreal.

#222 5 years ago

So here in the States we have the unfortunate situation of NBC carrying the games. I say this as the games are hard to watch when you have announcers like Pierre McDummy constantly calling stuff that’s not there, rambling on and in and then tells you what university every player goes too (this is the only thing he adds to the game and if you’re like me you don’t care what university the players went too)!

So just when you think you get a break from McDummy they throw this new lady in on the other NBC games that is just awful.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

"Defense wins championships"

ha! And that that other chic is like "But IT DOES."

Quoted from AAAV8R:

That play with Guentzel undressing the defenseman then feeding Crosby is a testimonial. Unreal.

Old through the legs...that shit was crazy

#224 5 years ago

I feel your guys' pain. McGuire and their play by play guy are horrible.

There's gotta be a way for you guys to stream or get CBC/Sportsnet/TSN in the states.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I feel your guys' pain. McGuire and their play by play guy are horrible.

Whilst I don't agree with that at all, i always prefer to watch CBC...but with the Jets playing no coverage here.
CBC, the current shoes I've been wearing, and Molson have been treating me well in the 1st series; might be time for a change. With Hagelin out I may have to go back to my Malkin sweater...but it's the Vegas gold edition so I'm a bit up in the air.

#226 5 years ago

Glad to see pens fans hate them too. The whole time they’re praising Crosby on the pens 3rd goal, I’m thinking guesnetzal, or however you spell it, did all of the real work. Is it really a surprise Crosby buried it at this point in his career.

#227 5 years ago

Wilson better get a game suspension for head hunting two games in a row. Murray looks average. Outside of 87-59, and a little 71....pens aren’t getting any shot production. Brassard is a bust so far. Wish they traded Letang and kept Cole instead. Schulz is pens best all around defenseman. Lots of hockey left. Being down 2-1 all the better to break caps hearts again!?!?!

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Wilson better get a game suspension for head hunting two games in a row. Murray looks average. Outside of 87-59, and a little 71....pens aren’t getting any shot production. Brassard is a bust so far. Wish they traded Letang and kept Cole instead. Schulz is pens best all around defenseman. Lots of hockey left. Being down 2-1 all the better to break caps hearts again!?!?!

Come on you can hope for better than that. Being up 2-1 in a series and losing is nothing for us caps fans anymore.

#229 5 years ago

Outside of 87-59, and a little 71....pens aren’t getting any shot production. Brassard is a bust so far.

Malkin looked like shit too...but he's just coming back so I'll cut him slack. The lower lines just aren't what they used to be.
I see now why they tried Brassard to replace the old Boninos and lower lines but they don't have it. And as always they didn't have to trade anyone....they could have just kept Cole.

Quoted from YZRider926:

Glad to see pens fans hate them too. The whole time they’re praising Crosby on the pens 3rd goal, I’m thinking guesnetzal, or however you spell it, did all of the real work.

You're most likely are sick of Crosby and it's clouding your judgment a tad ( I understand, it happens to all of us). They talk aboot Guentzel all the time...graphics everywhere aboot how he's scoring as many points as quick as all the greats and how he's on an amazing streak.

#230 5 years ago

As far as Wilson getting suspended I hope it doesn’t happen for obvious reasons but wouldn’t be surprised. That’s 2 hits in 2 games that knocked guys out of the game. Of course seeing them slow the play down makes it look worse and more intentional. Also before everyone gives me shit, I agree they looked bad and I told my wife that he’s probably getting suspended at least a game after that hit tonight. As a caps fan I hope not but understand if he does.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Malkin looked like shit too...but he's just coming back so I'll cut him slack. The lower lines just aren't what they used to be.
I see now why they tried Brassard to replace the old Boninos and lower lines but they don't have it. And as always they didn't have to trade anyone....they could have just kept Cole.

You're most likely are sick of Crosby and it's clouding your judgment a tad ( I understand, it happens to all of us). They talk aboot Guentzel all the time...graphics everywhere aboot how he's scoring as many points as quick as all the greats and how he's on an amazing streak.

Not sick of Crosby at all. Guy is a phenomenal player and I’ll guve respect where it’s due. My comment was more about the nbc crew giving him the credit like he did all himself.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Also before everyone gives me shit, I agree they looked bad and I told my wife that he’s probably getting suspended at least a game after that hit tonight.

It's all past shit with him that will go into it; I thought the last one was worse than this one honestly.
You pay a guy like that to stay right on the line...and that's what that hit was. Shoulder...head? So close; he's earning his monies. He's a piece of shit dirty player for sure...AKA "a hockey player." All teams have them, they just usually aren't skilled enough to play in the playoffs sop good for him. I fucking hate him, if he was a pen I'd be backing him big time.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's all past shit with him that will go into it; I thought the last one was worse than this one honestly.
You pay a guy like that to stay right on the line...and that's what that hit was. Shoulder...head? So close; he's earning his monies. He's a piece of shit dirty player for sure...AKA "a hockey player." All teams have them, they just usually aren't skilled enough to play in the playoffs sop good for him. I fucking hate him, if he was a pen I'd be backing him big time.

Yup. A guy that everyone hates until he’s on your team. Everyone has one.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

After this game ends I'll be popping in the 1992 Stanley Cup final as I have every year the Pens have won. Time to activate some JuJu

s2 (resized).jpgs2 (resized).jpg

s1 (resized).jpgs1 (resized).jpg

#235 5 years ago

Jets come back down by 3 and hated the Pens late turnover To cost them the game.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

As far as Wilson getting suspended I hope it doesn’t happen for obvious reasons but wouldn’t be surprised. That’s 2 hits in 2 games that knocked guys out of the game. Of course seeing them slow the play down makes it look worse and more intentional. Also before everyone gives me shit, I agree they looked bad and I told my wife that he’s probably getting suspended at least a game after that hit tonight. As a caps fan I hope not but understand if he does.

Slowing it down doesn’t make it look worse...it shows what his true intent was. He stuck his elbow in tight with his shoulder to take Dumo’s Head off on Sunday. He ran ZAR tonight. I’m tired of the “he came into the league dirty but has cleaned it up” schtick...he’s what the NHL has legislated out of the game in recent years.

#237 5 years ago

The penguins blew it tonight. Let's name some of the bad stuff they did first. Malkin takes a dumb penalty which leads to the crapitals first goal, he also hits the post..ughhhhh!!! He's on his first game back, but I do not give him a pass for that damn penalty.

Then there's Oleksiak, who makes a fucking dumb move in his own end behind the net and coughs the puck up for a scoring chance in front. Stupid move, should of thrown it into the neutral zone, which I thought that he was gonna do.

The Brassard/Sheary line, my god. This line misses chance after fucking chance every damn game and they sure keep the streak going in this one. Sheary misses a golden opportunity again, and Brassard decides to dangle so much he gets knocked off the puck, shoot it Brassard, shoot it. You know, I was a big fan of the move to get Brassard because I knew how great he usually is in the post season, but I'm beggining to move towards this being a horrible move, he's not meshing with anyone, has no chemistry, he's okay at faceoffs, just okay. We could of kept Cole and Reaves and I feel this would of been MAJOR for this series. Especially Reaves, with that cunt Wilson taking liberties with no repercussions we could of had Reaves to fuck them all up. And yeah yeah, I know what people will say, he wouldn't of played in the playoffs and such, but you get your ass after game two he would of been there tonight, along with Cole. Reaves would of been major here.

Then there's Murray. Plain and simple, he didn't give us a damn chance out there. We needed a big save here and there, one would of been nice to get us into OT. He's been mediocre, and he's fucking frustrating. He'll need to be MUCH better to tie this series, let alone get another two after that. He was sloppy tonight.

The ZAR hit....Wilson needs a suspension off of that bullshit. Def a dirty hit, another fucking one mind you. This better be a suspension or I'm convinced the league has it in for us. That price of shit needs a Reaves knock out again.

Last but not least, KESSEL!!! WHERE ARE YOU!@#$ We need you. You are the dark horse of this series and you've been a goddamn ghost.

I still think we can take this, the crapitals know we are the better team, so they resort to the dirty play as usual. They've done it the past 3 fucking years. Injuries every goddam series with them, and let's not forget the Orprick suspension. Crosby line can't do all the damn scoring here. Crosby and Guentzel have been carrying this team on their back, where's our secondary scoring? One goal would of helped tonight, is that to much to ask?!

Okay I'm done.

#238 5 years ago

addtext_com_MDYzMTA4MTYxODk.jpgaddtext_com_MDYzMTA4MTYxODk.jpg

#239 5 years ago

Aston-Reese has a concussion and a broken jaw....but Wilson is a clean, high-skilled player these days. He better get at least one game suspension.

#240 5 years ago

Aston-Reese has a concussion and a broken jaw....but Wilson is a clean, high-skilled player these days. He better get at least one game suspension.

and don't be surprise if nothing comes of it! As a long time hockey fan I can say that the officiating in this sport is the worst of any sport! There have been penalties on both sides that the refs just look the other way on! Look at the final goal in last nights game, Maata is blatantly tripped at the blueline but due to the NHL Rule (don't call a penalty that will result in impacting the outcome of the game) the ref looks the other way! Granted Maata, being a slow skater, would never had caught up to the play but you call the penalty and the 2 on 1 never happens!

Just another note on the final goal ..... with a little over a minute left you would think Hornqvist and Maata would be busting their ass to get back. Both players weren't even skating when they hit the top of the circle. If Hornqvist kept skating maybe he's able to tie Ovie's stick up???? (btw - great goal by Ovie)

#241 5 years ago

Vegas is the real deal and they're scary good. Fleury is playing out of his mind. They can beat you in a low scoring game ( I'm a Kings fan and can attest to that) and especially if it's a wide open game.

#242 5 years ago

Wilson got 3 game suspension...

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just another note on the final goal ..... with a little over a minute left you would think Hornqvist and Maata would be busting their ass to get back. Both players weren't even skating when they hit the top of the circle. If Hornqvist kept skating maybe he's able to tie Ovie's stick up???? (btw - great goal by Ovie)

Hornqvist was gassed at the end of a long shift. Pens were pouring it on for a good minute plus before Maata turned it over. Caps up 2-1....all the more their hearts will break in 6

#244 5 years ago

Refs are under too much pressure to make a call?? Taking pleasure watching Tampa shut down Boston but I have seen about 5 penalties that should of been called per shift. I like old time hockey so I'm biased to smash up derby but I'm sure PKs chinsy penalty that caused the loss last nite would not have been called in this game.

#245 5 years ago

Wait until you guys get a good look at Tampa. Great team.

#246 5 years ago

Wilson suspended for 3 games!

#247 5 years ago

Wilson suspended for three!

#248 5 years ago

Quoted from meSz:

Wilson suspended for 3 games!

Quoted from tandem2:

Wilson suspended for three!

Happy Pens fans I see

#249 5 years ago

Good. Fuck him.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Happy Pens fans I see

Yeah, 3 games that 3 players can miss cheap ass goony headshots from trash can Wilson. So, yeah, def happy.

The crapitals have done this shit every year. 2 out of the 3 years they've got a suspension from. Dirty team, deserves nothing good coming their way. That's why their losers and will stay being losers.

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-nhl-hockey-playoff-thread/page/5?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.