hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.
#51 6 years ago

Kapenan looks totally lost, Hainsey looks confused and small. marchand must be shut down, he's a killer.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Satellite dishes to Leafs game folks, Great game aside from hainsey being totally outmatched against backes. 2-1 Boston. Babcock please make necessary defensive line shuffle vs this line.

It "WAS" a good game...Leafs getting man handled. Kadri with that dirty hit = not cool!!!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Kapenan looks totally lost, Hainsey looks confused and small. marchand must be shut down, he's a killer.

Hainsey was below average when with the Pens but as soon as the playoffs started he was a huge asset to the team.

#54 6 years ago

A lot of “no calls” in the Caps game.... I can hear Tortarella crying already

#55 6 years ago

Caps 3 loses away....

#56 6 years ago

Kadri is getting suspended for that garbage hit

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

It "WAS" a good game...Leafs getting man handled. Kadri with that dirty hit = not cool!!!

Yeah not cool at all. We need Kadri but his temper is the worst on the team.
I have said from the beginning, Leafs have sub par defence and Marner will not get the same room in the playoffs that he's used to during the regular season. Nylander is over hyped. Considered top 15 players in league under 21? I don't think so.
Matthews needs a big Sniper with exceptional puck possession skill along the boards. That's Leivo but babs just lets him sit.
I know this, I have coached him since he was in pee wee and watched him all during Junior. Leivos big frame and stick feeding Mathews all day long but not going to happen on babcocks watch. Now with Kadri gone for at least 1 game am I going to have to stomach more Leo Komorov?
My rant is over

#59 6 years ago

Shameful effort by the Leafs last night. Can't stand the harassment at work today!!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Yeah not cool at all. We need Kadri but his temper is the worst on the team.
I have said from the beginning, Leafs have sub par defence and Marner will not get the same room in the playoffs that he's used to during the regular season. Nylander is over hyped. Considered top 15 players in league under 21? I don't think so.
Matthews needs a big Sniper with exceptional puck possession skill along the boards. That's Leivo but babs just lets him sit.
I know this, I have coached him since he was in pee wee and watched him all during Junior. Leivos big frame and stick feeding Mathews all day long but not going to happen on babcocks watch. Now with Kadri gone for at least 1 game am I going to have to stomach more Leo Komorov?
My rant is over

I do think the leafs have a chance against the Bs but they showed last night why they were a powerhouse during the regular season. Just like the Flyers they will need to make some adjustments for game 2 or it's going to be a short series.

#61 6 years ago

Toronto & Philadelphia are just hoping their +/- from the playoffs can be projected onto the golf course next week.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Toronto & Philadelphia are just hoping their +/- from the playoffs can be projected onto the golf course next week.

It's one game so too early for that talk! For the Leafs they need to start getting a little more aggressive. Hit Marchand a little and get under his skin. He will take dumb penalties......he's a very good player but has a sever case of "little man syndrome"!

Flyers made a great run to get in the playoffs, they need to look back and see what they did to get here and duplicate it and not look at the beginning of the season for which they played like in the 1st game!

#63 6 years ago

They interviewed Sean Couturier after the Flyer's loss and he summed it up honestly I thought saying "their best players played better than ours"

#64 6 years ago

I agree with earlier post that the Penguins have a quiet crowd. They play well there, but I wouldnt say its because of the fans and the arena.

Vegas...I thought their opening ceremony stuff was pretty good. Its Vegas! Its gonna have some theatrics. The wife and kids were getting into it, so if it brings more fans to the table, then I think its good. Now...some of those get ups of fans in the stnads, started looking like those middle aged NFL fans dressing up like its halloween thinking they are cool! haha!

#65 6 years ago

I do think the leafs have a chance against the Bs but they showed last night why they were a powerhouse during the regular season. Just like the Flyers they will need to make some adjustments for game 2 or it's going to be a short series.

Flyers looked tired, leafs looked minor bantam

#66 6 years ago

I'm going to get loaded and watch me some hockey.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'm going to get loaded and watch me some hockey.

Maybe the Pens blew there load in game 1 and won't score much the rest of the series Ya right!!
Puck drop in an hour....hockey time !

#68 6 years ago

Maybe the Pens blew there load in game 1 and won't score much the rest of the series Ya right!!

Well it's tough to win after a game like that...phili is gonna be PISSED.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

As much as I love seeing the Flyers losing .....they aren’t this bad!

Hey meSz you were right!!!

#70 6 years ago

Crosby had the UNnatural hat trick tonight...

Missed on breakaway
Missed wide open net
Hit post

VERY UNnatural for him

#71 6 years ago

We’ll take it.. must be Friday the 13th or something. Also, Hornquist is an a-hole lol

#72 6 years ago

Loving the Winnipeg game!!! Staal elbows Wheeler....no call....Wheeler cross checks Staal in the back and breaks his stick....no call.

Playoff hockey baby!!

PS - Laine is Forsberg 2.0 in the making

#73 6 years ago

Let’s go Hawks! Oh wait....

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Loving the Winnipeg game!!!

NOT loving it.

My Wild look like a high school team. PATHETIC.

To add insult to injury we are being pummeled by a late winter storm. How appropos that me Wild lawn sign is out there laying flaccid on it's side under a sheet of frozen snow and ice.

Anyone have the hockey game suicide hotine number handy? The only saving grace was the excuse to consume a ton of good beer.....

IMG_20180414_000652 (resized).jpgIMG_20180414_000652 (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

...And we all played some pins and battled it out on the Super Chexx.

IMG_20180413_213233 (resized).jpgIMG_20180413_213233 (resized).jpg

#76 6 years ago

Getting the storm now, the roads are a sheet of ice already. Better go to the beer store

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Let’s go Hawks! Oh wait....

Thank you, Chicago!!!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#78 6 years ago

Man. Toronto is getting smeared by Bruins 6 to 2.
Edit: now 6 to 3
Still getting beat pretty bad.
Plus, Boston also won game 1 of this playoff series.

#79 6 years ago

Marchand-Pastrnak-Bergeron have combined for 17 points in the first two playoff games.

That's crazy!!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Marchand-Pastrnak-Bergeron have combined for 17 points in the first two playoff games.
That's crazy!!

Correction.....20 combined points

#81 6 years ago

That 7 year Zaitsev contract looks great at 4.5 per year. -18 to finish the regular season. Not Babcock or Andersons fault.
It's Lou's fault. He should have learned this in NJ and not bother to play the politics and let the London Knights draft our players. Why would anyone pay an unproven half decent Russian all that money on a 7 year term? Why are our scouts all over North America??? We have a hot bed of hockey in Ontario ...a factory. No, they want to travel and be Hoiti-toiti ...get your asses to south simcoe / GTHL games. Don cherry does in his spare time., he should scout for the leafs. How much money /time did It cost for Russia trips to throw money at Leo komorov to return to the Leafs?? I live north. Small town example...3 hockey rinks. Mathews look unbothered after the game. There should have been a bubble over his head that said I would rather be playing x-box. Another playoff season down the drain.

#82 6 years ago

I see all you Pittsburgh fans way up there in your smoking jackets...looking down at bacon.

#83 6 years ago

*Insert that escalated quickly pic*

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

*Insert that escalated quickly pic*

Da2vqeiUMAAtwZN.jpg large.jpgDa2vqeiUMAAtwZN.jpg large.jpg

#85 6 years ago

First ten minutes or so were nice to watch at least...

#86 6 years ago

Ovie curse still in full force ...... Caps lose again and only NHL team NOT to sell out their home games in the playoffs ..... I guess it’s like paying to watch the same movie over and over and over again. Sooner or later you stop going.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Caps lose again and only NHL team NOT to sell out their home games in the playoffs

I think my Ottawa Senators also hold that distinction.
Not something to be proud of. Must be a nations capital thing?

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

Thank you, Chicago!!!!!

Yeah that hurt, we really missed him, especially Kane.

#89 6 years ago

Great game by the leafs .... need 9 more periods like that.

#90 6 years ago

Leafs dominating the Bruins and shutting then down with solid D. The Bruins goals were kind of weak. I'm kind of impressed with the Leafs.....but can they keep it up all series?

Bacon is probably three sheets to the wind right now, lol

#91 6 years ago

Tonight’s Games good so far, big goalie saves, nice to relax and not stress until Wed for my Pens game to watch.

#92 6 years ago

Avs off to VERY quick start!!

#93 6 years ago

I told you the leafs would bounce back

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I told you the leafs would bounce back

Last nights game is exactly what I expected from the Leafs. Hopefully they keep it up for game 4 and beyond!

#95 6 years ago

Anyone going to the pens game? I would, tickets probably face value

#96 6 years ago

Vegas Golden Knights are the Cinderella story of this season/playoffs!

It truly is remarkable.

#97 6 years ago

Clock’s gonna strike midnight at some point. Great to see them doing well, but there are some really strong Cup experienced teams on the horizon.

#98 6 years ago

Kings scored a whopping 3 goals in 4 games and lost every game by 1 goal. Pathetic.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It truly is remarkable.

Is it really though? I think it would be more remarkable if they had a losing season. They were able to pick average to above average players from 30 other teams and then hold some teams hostage for future high picks for not picking their better players (as several media outlets put it "(teams) paid Vegas their ransom to not pick their players").

This was the first time the NHL did the "Entry Draft" like this (for the record Vegas paid extra to have it this way) so all the hooopla that they're breaking all the expansion team records is asinine to say the least.

and for the record .... I am big fan of the team. Really good team to watch and if the Penguins bow out I will be in the Knights corner but just dread the fact all the media coverage will be blowing the whole "this is the first time an expansion team has ever won the championship" way out of portion.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is it really though? I think it would be more remarkable if they had a losing season. They were able to pick average to above average players from 30 other teams and then hold some teams hostage for future high picks for not picking their better players (as several media outlets put it "(teams) paid Vegas their ransom to not pick their players").
This was the first time the NHL did the "Entry Draft" like this (for the record Vegas paid extra to have it this way) so all the hooopla that they're breaking all the expansion team records is asinine to say the least.
and for the record .... I am big fan of the team. Really good team to watch and if the Penguins bow out I will be in the Knights corner but just dread the fact all the media coverage will be blowing the whole "this is the first time an expansion team has ever won the championship" way out of portion.

I get what you're saying but throwing together a team like that and them clicking the way they are is, in my mind, truly remarkable. Usually chemistry between team mates needs to develop and takes time. It looks like this team has been playing together for years.

And I don't see them making it to the finals and winning the cup.....but who knows?

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-nhl-hockey-playoff-thread/page/2?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.