hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The BIG question is ..... does Hoffman stick with the fiance now or dump her for (allegedly) causing all of this?!?!?!

Gotta stick with her for awhile. She's gotta be hot and seductive being that crazy.

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta stick with her for awhile. She's gotta be hot and seductive being that crazy.

F'd in the head = awesome in bed

#603 5 years ago

Rumours of Kessel type attitude but didn't help deliver 2 cups like Kessel. SJ is a rumoured front runner for Tavares.
Toronto will throw everything at him. I wouldnt mind Kessel back in Toronto. 2 things that won't happen.

#604 5 years ago

Very disappointed with my delivery of the hockey news today. I look forward to this day, kind of like a mini-Christmas every month. I like to keep my issues in nice condition and was excited for the Caps commemorative issue to put away.
I will be bold with my call and demand a re-issue. Lame. Step it up hockey news, put them in clear bags all the time. Dammit!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#605 5 years ago

You know...
I can't remember a time when so many were rooting for one person to win a championship.
Was that just in my circle or elsewhere as well?

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

You know...
I can't remember a time when so many were rooting for one person to win a championship.

Hmmm...Ray Borque?

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...Ray Borque?

Nice
What do you take for that memory?

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Nice
What do you take for that memory?

I remember everyone blowing Ray Bourque and how he never won one a cup and how old he was and such a great defensensman etc.
Of course being in Michigan there was no worse team than Colorado which made it even worse. "Sign stars for the cup all star team" I never was a fan of.
Of course being in Michigan it was followed the next season by 2002 Wings which was the biggest disgrace ever.

#609 5 years ago

You talk of disgrace to one from Minnesota?

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...Ray Borque?

I never understood people pulling for Borque ... a guy that screwed over his teammates (Boston) financially and then abandoned them to go elsewhere for nothing more than to win himself a Cup.

#611 5 years ago

Taylor Fucking Hall baby!!!! New Jersey has an MVP for the first time in franchise history. What a class act.

The Humboldt tribute was emotionally tough for anyone at the ceremony and for all those watching. I don't shed tears but couldn't help it when the surviving members were called out onto the stage. You could see Kopitar barely composed. The two players in the wheelchairs, the players that couldn't be there, and the rest of the team, banged up or not, are all in my thoughts and prayers. Something horrible will bond them forever. One player said that no matter how banged up an individual was, they would always seek to comfort the player that was in worse shape. Felt bad for Hall in the sense that he had to follow up the tribute but he said what needed to be said, that sometimes you simply have to put life's events into perspective.

#612 5 years ago

Trotz ready to sign with islanders , 4 years

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Trotz ready to sign with islanders , 4 years

Well cheap ass Washington wouldn't pay him...slick move guys.

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well cheap ass Washington wouldn't pay him...slick move guys.

...and I bet Todd Rierden (most likely coach) and the Caps will do just fine. Islanders better hope they sign Tavares because no coach and no amount of money is going to get that team into the playoffs with out re-signing Tavares and other free agent signings.

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

...and I bet Todd Rierden (most likely coach) and the Caps will do just fine. Islanders better hope they sign Tavares because no coach and no amount of money is going to get that team into the playoffs with out re-signing Tavares and other free agent signings.

For the love of my fantasy hockey keeper pool I hope Tavares signs with a contender.

1 week later
#616 5 years ago

Have to turn the fan590 radio off. John tavares John Tavares John Tavares. "Theres a 50/50 chance he's coming to Toronto! "
Wake up Tavares in not coming to Toronto.
Last 2 hours talking about this can't take it anymore.

#617 5 years ago

I think Tavares will land in Toronto, but you guys will lose Van Riemsdyk to the Coyotes. I just wish the Flyers would open up their pockets and land someone. James Neal is a fantasy but Mike Green, Alexei Emelin, and Thomas Hickey are all possibilities, and the Flyguys need some veteran defenseman to pair up with their rooks.

This is where every other fan base in the hockey world has it better than Philly. All we do is throw gobs of money at goalie failures. I'm looking at you Bryz.

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Have to turn the fan590 radio off. John tavares John Tavares John Tavares. "Theres a 50/50 chance he's coming to Toronto! "
Wake up Tavares in not coming to Toronto.
Last 2 hours talking about this can't take it anymore.

Even Jay & Dan on TSN are tired of it. They had a segment last night for John Tavares where they offered the advice....."just sign with someone already!" Lol

I hope he goes to Boston or Toronto....for my fantasy hockey pool sake!

#619 5 years ago

No Wags of superstars want to live in Canada but it doesn't matter because they have houses all over the place. Should I drink the Tavares koo-aid? Mabey Toronto but I still wouldnt bet on it. T.O. will back the brinks truck up to his front door. He just finished his Toronto dog pony show. Well see..
Bacon says Islanders 8 years at a billion dollars.

#620 5 years ago

Come on hockey players or wives, you know it's true

#621 5 years ago

Some idiot manager will overpay for him, and probably another player or two, trying to build an instant contender.

I've seen that movie before with my home team and it doesn't end well. You get limited in future acquisitions due to salary cap issues and mired in mediocrity FOREVER.

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Some idiot manager will overpay for him, and probably another player or two, trying to build an instant contender.
I've seen that movie before with my home team and it doesn't end well. You get limited in future acquisitions due to salary cap issues and mired in mediocrity FOREVER.

Couldn't agree more.
But some would say
"But they made the playoffs for six straight."
But but but
Mn Wild=solid if not very good
regular season team.
Cup contender?
They are left wanting.

#623 5 years ago

Tavares is now an unrestricted free agent. Lost my bet with my buddy.

#624 5 years ago

Tavares signs with the leafs!!!!!

#625 5 years ago

Thank goodness..I’m tired of all the JT talk..now where’s Karlsson gonna land, Vegas? Oh, and happy Canada day to all u hosers out there..

#626 5 years ago

Canada day!! Perfect day to sign with Leafs!!!
Bozak to STL
JVR to philly
Polak to Dallas

"Walk like an Egyptian "!!!!!!

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Canada day!! Perfect day to sign with Leafs!!!
Bozak to STL
JVR to philly
Polak to Dallas
"Walk like an Egyptian "!!!!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/john-tavares-signing-maple-leafs-1.4730452

He actually did it!! Signed with Toronto!!

I hope his fantasy value skyrockets now!!

#628 5 years ago

now that Tavares is signed, where's Karlsson going? He'll never be a Flyer but that wont stop me from hoping.

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

now that Tavares is signed, where's Karlsson going? He'll never be a Flyer but that wont stop me from hoping.

My guess is Tampa or Dallas, though I think Tampa has the edge. They are short on cap space, but have enough nhl ready players as well as prospects to get a deal done without losing too much. Stevie Y is a genius when it comes to contracts and the cap, so he will make it work. Plus, I think Hedman and Karlsson have wanted to play together for a while.

hedman (resized).jpghedman (resized).jpg

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Dallas

#631 5 years ago

I read that Dallas doesn't want to give up the main prospect that Ottawa wants. Though it is possible that they may change their mind, or reach a different deal.

#632 5 years ago

I had him pegged for Tampa Bay as well, in a fairly lopsided deal (2 or 3 players and a draft pick or two)

#633 5 years ago

If Tampa can land Karlsson without giving up Sergachev, their defense next year will be unreal. Karlsson, Hedman, McDonagh, and Sergachev as their top 4? Crazy good.

#634 5 years ago

You boys up north keep up this scuttlebutt a little longer and we'll be watching the puck drop on the 2018-19 season.
Keep it goin, September will be here before ' ya know it.

#635 5 years ago

92 days till hockey starts?

#636 5 years ago

It’s World Cup
Socccer season!

254A69C7-A2CD-4BB5-821B-97527E8B9208 (resized).jpeg254A69C7-A2CD-4BB5-821B-97527E8B9208 (resized).jpeg2E381AC8-A495-498F-8D91-82B7CB1BAAC2 (resized).jpeg2E381AC8-A495-498F-8D91-82B7CB1BAAC2 (resized).jpegD786ED57-2B2D-4F6F-9AFB-EC14FB8C0389 (resized).jpegD786ED57-2B2D-4F6F-9AFB-EC14FB8C0389 (resized).jpegE956019C-12B2-4AD5-9835-ED414760615E (resized).jpegE956019C-12B2-4AD5-9835-ED414760615E (resized).jpeg
#637 5 years ago

Hey Bacon....when you going to start the 2018-2019 season thread?

#638 5 years ago

September..

Inside info: dubas met with Leivo and will grant a trade

#639 5 years ago

As a final season ending post. I offer a few predictions/ brackets (not meant to offend anyone or expert) from the 2017-18 Preseason to the beginning of the playoffs to what actually happened. Obviously so many things can happen before the season starts (injuries etc etc). Looking forward to cashing my Caps bets placed last October in several weeks (Vegas). And looking for another season of the greatest sport.

2018 Epic Fail Stanley Cup Bracket (resized).png2018 Epic Fail Stanley Cup Bracket (resized).pngPreseason Predictions (resized).pngPreseason Predictions (resized).pngStanley Cup Bracket (resized).pngStanley Cup Bracket (resized).png
#640 5 years ago

Predictions are often hilarious in hindsight. We know why everyone picked the Oilers and they were dumpster fire. Could we see that coming or did the stars just align. My Stars got some love but couldn't get past injuries and a retread coach. How many pundits will jump off the VGK train? How many will jump on the bandwagon for Toronto?

#641 5 years ago

Toronto gained talent but lost some depth, but I think they'll be a contender. Vegas will make the playoffs again, but I don't think they'll make it to the cup finals again. My heart wants Philly to go deep in the playoffs but I see another first round exit (at best) unless they square up that 6x3 area between the pipes.

#642 5 years ago

I'm down about Josh Leivo, just to catch some newer folks up, I am very close to him and his family. I am an die hard Leafs Fan and to hear he will be traded, because of babs, really pisses me off. I hope he's traded to a city where one of you guys are...just not Montreal.
Then I hear a tsn report he's "looking forward to playing wing with the Leafs" such bull

#643 5 years ago

Just pray he doesn't go to the Devils, they are gonna be pretty bad this year unless they start signing some people. I think they've lost like 6 players so far.

#644 5 years ago

The smell of hot popcorn hits you first as you open the doors off carton street on a cold December Saturday night. It doesn't matter because the leafs are playing the Montreal Canadians. Through the turnstiles you go as the well dressed attendant in a white captains hat quickly stamps your ticket. Here you are at maple leafs gardens....I really miss those days as I used to help my uncle sell his souveniers inside the main entrance. A funky hexagon shape right in the middle. Class was everywhere. And not far from the entrance to the famous hot stove lounge. Never forget the night someone draped a big sign over Harold Ballard bunker that said Ballard is senile.
I remember always walking past a picture on the wall in the gardens with my dad in the background. He was there for the parade when they last won the cup and just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I kick myself for not going to the gardens auction when they closed to bid on that picture. If you were at the gardens in the late 70 and early 80s there's a good chance I sold you a souvenir! The huge leaf photos and wood mini sticks were huge sellers. So many great memories of maple leaf gardens. Now the new home is no longer called the ACC ...now live from Scotia bank place Toronto ...weird and kinda sad.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Predictions are often hilarious in hindsight. We know why everyone picked the Oilers and they were dumpster fire. Could we see that coming or did the stars just align. My Stars got some love but couldn't get past injuries and a retread coach. How many pundits will jump off the VGK train? How many will jump on the bandwagon for Toronto?

I don't know why the experts picked the Oilers.. they had a mediocre playoff run one season. That's it! Well, and that McJesus kid.

#646 5 years ago

Too early for the McDavid resign talk?

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't know why the experts picked the Oilers.. they had a mediocre playoff run one season. That's it! Well, and that McJesus kid.

Yeah 'ya know all it takes is one notable to pick a fringe team and before you know it all of a sudden it becomes the fashionable team to pick.
Happens all the time and in all sports.
Who's it 'gonna be this year?

#648 5 years ago

Who's it 'gonna be this year?

The Leafs

#649 5 years ago

Im going with the Blues, like i have every year. 1 day it will come true!.........i hope

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Im going with the Blues, like i have every year. 1 day it will come true!.........i hope

It will...........the Caps won!

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-nhl-hockey-playoff-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.