11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 673 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by TheHueManatee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 65 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15315319800201544954666 (resized).jpg
Preseason Predictions (resized).png
Stanley Cup Bracket (resized).png
2018 Epic Fail Stanley Cup Bracket (resized).png
2E381AC8-A495-498F-8D91-82B7CB1BAAC2 (resized).jpeg
D786ED57-2B2D-4F6F-9AFB-EC14FB8C0389 (resized).jpeg
E956019C-12B2-4AD5-9835-ED414760615E (resized).jpeg
254A69C7-A2CD-4BB5-821B-97527E8B9208 (resized).jpeg
hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

....but good in the sense that sponsors are actually putting money into the NHL and not to mention having it on a major network here in the States.

Yeah as long as it's only weekend & Finals games.

#502 9 months ago

Enough with the theatrics Vegas....drop the puck already!!!!

#503 9 months ago

BA8B04DA-948C-4A99-9668-D467E7E94EF4 (resized).png

#504 9 months ago

"The save"

Screenshot_20180531-065432 (resized).jpg
#505 9 months ago

That was an amazing save!!

#506 9 months ago

And Wilson with yet another dirty interference hit. That dude is too good of a player to do that kind of shit.

Otherwise, great intense game. Vegas didn't let going down by 2 diminish their spirit and the Caps being up by 2 didn't rest on their laurels. I just cant will myself to stay up till the end of the game. I'm too old to stay up past 11 and then get up at 6 the next day and get ready for work. I'll be able to do it for Saturday's game, and the puck will drop a lot closer to 8 than 830 since they don't need to have Cirque du Soleil out there performing pregame. Vegas should start the theatrics 30 minutes earlier so us old fart east coasters can watch the whole game.

It's like when you see your local team is retiring a jersey and the game is scheduled to start at 7. You know they wont be playing hockey till at least 730 to 8 o clock

#507 9 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

And Wilson with yet another dirty interference hit. That dude is too good of a player to do that kind of shit.
Otherwise, great intense game. Vegas didn't let going down by 2 diminish their spirit and the Caps being up by 2 didn't rest on their laurels. I just cant will myself to stay up till the end of the game. I'm too old to stay up past 11 and then get up at 6 the next day and get ready for work. I'll be able to do it for Saturday's game, and the puck will drop a lot closer to 8 than 830 since they don't need to have Cirque du Soleil out there performing pregame. Vegas should start the theatrics 30 minutes earlier so us old fart east coasters can watch the whole game.
It's like when you see your local team is retiring a jersey and the game is scheduled to start at 7. You know they wont be playing hockey till at least 730 to 8 o clock

Once again all the attention towards wilson. How about the checking from behind no call on oshie. Or embelishment for neal punching himself in the face, that call resulted in a goal. Did you miss the intentional punch in the face from reaves with a little stick butt included?

No question Tom plays on the edge, so do a lot of other players out there on both teams.

#508 9 months ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Once again all the attention towards wilson

The attention is due to the guy being suspended three times in one year and probably should have been at least one other time! Wilson does contribute to the team and that is one of the things that gets him more attention. A lot of people, like me, see the talent he possesses but you're just waiting for him to make that boneheaded play, like last night! He put the team down a man (again) and if Vegas scores 98% of CAPS fans would've been po'd at him!

Quoted from orangegsx:

Or embelishment for neal punching himself in the face, that call resulted in a goal

Neal put his hands up, Orpik hit him (cleanly) but the hands went into the face ..... there wasn't any embellishment on Neal's end just a result of Orpik hitting him.... just a bad call from the ref!

Quoted from orangegsx:

No question Tom plays on the edge, so do a lot of other players out there on both teams.

Agree, almost every team has a Wilson to a point. Every team has that whiner and so on.... the biggest issue today is ..... there is soooo much media coverage that they focus on certain players and pick apart everything they do!

#509 9 months ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Once again all the attention towards wilson.

Same guy does the same piece of shit move in back to back games. Never said it was the only bad play or bad call.

Wilson plays PAST the edge not on it. Reaves is quickly becoming an asshole too. I'm neither a Caps nor a Knights fan, so please don't read anything I type as a favoritism towards one team or the other.

I will say this, I like the way Vegas does the Star spangled banner, where the singer skips the word "night" and the crowd chants "KNIGHTS!" super loud. It's neat.

#510 9 months ago

How about Carlson, dropping like a sack of shit everytime hes in front of the net, for embellishment?

#511 9 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How about Carlson, dropping like a sack of shit everytime hes in front of the net, for embellishment?

My concern is, with players embellishing more and more hockey is going to become like soccer. See so many players looking like they got shot! The NHL does very little to deter embellishment. The embellishment penalty is only called along with another penalty thus making the play even on the ice. I would like to suggest that if a player embellishes then only that player would get the penalty but the refs aren't capable of doing that.

#512 9 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I will say this, I like the way Vegas does the Star spangled banner, where the singer skips the word "night" and the crowd chants "KNIGHTS!" super loud. It's neat.

Ive heard this at a few different games. Caps yell RED and OH! In dallas they scream STARS

Loudest was at the ndsu game... the home, of the SIOUX!!!!!

Scared the shit out of me actually.

#513 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

The embellishment penalty is only called along with another penalty thus making the play even on the ice. I would like to suggest that if a player embellishes then only that player would get the penalty but the refs aren't capable of doing that.

I never understood that. How can you can embellishment on one guy and then call the other guy (with tripping, high sticking whatever) at the same time?

Call one or the other....not both.

#514 9 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

I never understood that. How can you can embellishment on one guy and then call the other guy (with tripping, high sticking whatever) at the same time?

It can be both. If you trip a guy and he throws his arms up and dives to the ice in an effort to be sure the call is made its embellishment. But I do agree at times it can be one and NOT the other. Like if you didn't actually high stick a player and he whips his head back and grabs his face, then it should just be embellishment called.

#515 9 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

I understand calling both as a player will high stick, trip or whatever and the opposing player embellishes it making it look worse than it is in hopes the ref catches it. This I can understand. What I don't get is when you see a player embellish and there is nothing there but yet no embellish call. Forget which game it was but there was an incident where a player embellished a high stick call and the stick wasn't even close to him but yet nothing was called.

#516 9 months ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Ive heard this at a few different games. Caps yell RED and OH! In dallas they scream STARS
Scared the shit out of me actually.

"STARS"
Pulling for the "Caps" after all you should be able to win when you steal some of the best players off of other teams. I am sure every NHL team would have loved to steal "Flurry" away from the pins and watch the pins do nothing about it. So I hope they lose.

images (resized).png
#517 9 months ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

"STARS"
Pulling for the "Caps" after all you should be able to win when you steal some of the best players off of other teams. I am sure every NHL team would have loved to steal "Flurry" away from the pins and watch the pins do nothing about it. So I hope they lose.

They were trying to trade him for a year, so they wouldn't lose him in the expansion draft. Then luckily they did not trade him, because the following year in the playoffs Murray was hurt the first two rounds.
I dont get people saying "they took the best players off everyone's team", what a bunch of morons

#518 9 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What ? Everytime he's cross-checked?

#519 9 months ago

He falls right on his face like his arms dont work. Look at both cross checks, they look identical. That's what happens in front of the net, nobody else is flopping around like he is.

#520 9 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

He falls right on his face like his arms dont work. Look at both cross checks, they look identical. That's what happens in front of the net, nobody else is flopping around like he is.

Lol love to see you take one of those on skates.

#521 9 months ago

I have, many times.

#522 9 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have, many times.

Which player were you last night? Were you on the Knights or the Caps

#523 9 months ago

Good one

#524 9 months ago

Hahaha that was a good one..

#525 9 months ago

One thing about playing hockey, when you get hammered with a dirty check...you just see blood you are so pissed off.
Controlling your temper playing is a trait I could never master. getting hit cleanly your still not happy about it.

#526 9 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

One thing about playing hockey, when you get hammered with a dirty check...you just see blood you are so pissed off.
Controlling your temper playing is a trait I could never master. getting hit cleanly your still not happy about it.

It's hard, I get why dirty shit happens in games. This guy has been on you all night getting away with shit and you finally don't care where the linesman is. It starts with little things and escalates through the game. THAT is the build up that you don't see on TV.

When I was young I stood up to a bigger kid that got me a few times during a pick up game. That was the only thing the warming house operator saw though, banned for life, or at least till he didn't work there the next year.

#527 9 months ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Dude.....

That's a 5 minute major for naming the wrong school.

UND Class of '92
Fighting Sioux forever

#528 9 months ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Dude.....
That's a 5 minute major for naming the wrong school.
UND Class of '92
Fighting Sioux forever

Ugh I dunno what I was thinking lol...

#529 9 months ago

I went to a few UND Hockey games when my daughter was going to school there. They weren't called the Fighting Sioux they were called the Fighting Irish and they played in South Bend, Indiana. LOL

Notre Dame had a great season this year. They went to the finals but couldn't win the whole thing. I know this is a NHL thread but college hockey is also great live! Went to the Frozen Four in Buffalo many years ago. (probably 15 or so years ago)

#530 9 months ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

I went to a few UND Hockey games when my daughter was going to school there. They weren't called the Fighting Sioux they were called the Fighting Irish and they played in South Bend, Indiana. LOL
Notre Dame had a great season this year. They went to the finals but couldn't win the whole thing. I know this is a NHL thread but college hockey is also great live! Went to the Frozen Four in Buffalo many years ago. (probably 15 or so years ago)

It's a big deal around here considering we don't have a pro team. The ralph engelsted arena at UND (not ndsu ) was 100x better than the coyotes game I went to in arizona.

#531 9 months ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

It's a big deal around here considering we don't have a pro team.

#DelawareProblems We don't have any pro teams and we don't have any good college teams in any sport either. Everyone tends to cheer on either the Baltimore/Washington teams, or the Philly teams. I cheer on the Flyers but I root for Alabama for college football. They don't show much college hockey around here, so while I watch when I can, it's hard to start pulling for a specific team.

I cheer on Alabama for a few reasons. My favorite teacher in High School was an Alabama Alumni . The school dumps a TON of money that is made from the football program back into the school. They have some of the best sports medicine curriculums / facilities in the entire country. Also, a person I didn't like all that much at my last gig was a huge LSU fan, so it was fun to taunt them with "Roll Tide".

#533 9 months ago

That was a game

#534 9 months ago

Great game!

#535 9 months ago

I got a chuckle when the knights tripped 2 different caps, and neither was called. Then a cap tripped a cap and they called it, lol.

Other than the flub by Holtby , the caps played pretty much an unbeatable game.

#536 9 months ago

Great game!! Was great to see a hockey game without all the vegas theatrics!!

#537 9 months ago

NHL Finals Game #4 period 1 underway at Wash Capitals
Wash Caps lead the series over the VGK 2 to 1.

#538 9 months ago

Pumped that I get to watch this game. I had to listen to the last 3.

#539 9 months ago

Caps are roffel-stomping them right now

#540 9 months ago

Poor coaching choices by Gallant. Down 4-0 and waited till 7 morning n left in game to change up lines and kept Fleury in.

If it’s up to the announcers Holtby will be MVP when he’s played average. He’s had half dozen nice saves but it’s been the team that’s played great. Vegas has hit Holtby more than Holtby has saved!

What a cheap shot only McNabb

#542 9 months ago

Wow guys, Caps have earned it all and are cruising to this one. Still should end up 4-2 which they do a lot.
Flurey back down to Earth...then back down to Fluery status. Damn would have liked to see him win another one.

#543 9 months ago

great game last night but you had to feel bad for the vegas players. they threw everything that they had into those shots against holtby (and those open net shots), but just couldn't seem to hit home

#544 9 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

great game last night but you had to feel bad for the vegas players. they threw everything that they had into those shots against holtby (and those open net shots), but just couldn't seem to hit home

Don't feel bad for vegas players, the better team won.

#545 9 months ago

4 caps goals on 4 mistakes by Vegas!!

Let me be the first to congrat the Caps fans!!!!

#546 9 months ago

Now that was a momentum swing.

#547 9 months ago

Congrats Caps, particularly happy for Ovechkin

#548 9 months ago

Wow. Snakebit no more similar to the the 90's Atlanta Braves.

#549 9 months ago

My 3yo boy said "the white guys got a trophy". Glad to see them all get a cup, ovi deserved it after all this time. And oshie for being a sioux for sure

#550 9 months ago

Vegas had a good run. They brought the city together.

Congrats to Washington.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 15.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside