hedman (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 6.38.07 PM (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
Untitled.jpg
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 5 years ago

Some very hard hockey tonight. Good game so far!

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Some very hard hockey tonight. Good game so far!

Yeah was a good game. Now that the Caps have the lead get ready for neutral zone (aka boring) hockey.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah was a good game. Now that the Caps have the lead get ready for neutral zone (aka boring) hockey.

Let’s hope not. If the caps sit back they lose. Need to continue what they’re doing.

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Let’s hope not. If the caps sit back they lose. Need to continue what they’re doing.

Lol I just said “Caps going into that Defensive shell too early, lightning going to tie it up”

#455 5 years ago

Definitely the best game the Caps have played thus far!

#456 5 years ago

I'm sure my neighbors heard me screamin'

Go siouxxxxxxxxxx

#458 5 years ago

caps really showed that they wanted it last night. game 7 it is. ovechkin was a beast last night putting quite a great hits on TB

should be an interesting game tomorrow evening

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Caps at home in a deciding game .... probably going to be wrong in my prediction that this will go 7 games.

The game in in Tampa.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

game 7 is in Tampa.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The game in in Tampa.

He was implying that they would lose last night in game 6.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

He was implying that they would lose last night in game 6.

Yeah deciding games and home ice have not been good to the Caps! Also, once the CAPS went ahead they started to play that trap and dump the puck. This was early in the third period....just had a feeling that Tampa might tie it up unless they made a mistake......which they did and the Caps capitalized on it!

Caps may make it to the Finals.....they may not! At this point it doesn't matter as neither Tampa or the Caps are fast enough for the Knights. The Caps may be able to play the trap and slow them down but it will be really hard for either team to beat Vegas

#463 5 years ago

Either team will also have to figure out fluery. He’s playing really well right now. Of course everyone knows that. After seeing what he did to the caps last season in them playoffs I know it will be tough. But first, Game 7.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Either team will also have to figure out fluery. He’s playing really well right now. Of course everyone knows that. After seeing what he did to the caps last season in them playoffs I know it will be tough. But first, Game 7.

Agree, this is probably the best Fleury has played throughout a playoff run thus far! Yeah he won 3 cups with the Pens but keep in mind he only played the complete playoffs in 2009, Murray replaced him in 2016 and 2017!

#465 5 years ago

Being in Vegas for the finals would be amazing. How incredible is that for the team and the City, it's hard not to back Vegas now.

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree, this is probably the best Fleury has played throughout a playoff run thus far! Yeah he won 3 cups with the Pens but keep in mind he only played the complete playoffs in 2009, Murray replaced him in 2016 and 2017!

First full playoff run without Letang’s spastic ass in front of Fleury. There were those few years bewteen 2009 and 2015 when Fleury just didn’t look right...same period of time when Letang, Crosby, and Malkin couldn’t stay calm. 87 and 72 matured. 58 still a gross merde. Murray and Fleury last year with Letang injured? Best goalie duo ever to win a cup. Letang back this year and Murray looks pedestrian. Pens minus Letang equals better chance to win the cup.

Go Vegas!!!!!

#467 5 years ago

Been looking forward to this game all day! 1 zip already Washington.

#468 5 years ago

Toronto should call down to Tampa and tell the refs to get off the ice. Missed call after call (a lot of holding and interference) and they’ve been in the way all game.

As a ref you’re told it’s best to not move as the play will usually go by you but man when the puck is in your skates and the players are around you make an effort to get out of the way!!!

#469 5 years ago

Game ova

four more,

#470 5 years ago

Washington vs Vegas.....who woulda thunk it at the beginning of the year?

It'll prolly boil down to which goalie plays best.

#471 5 years ago

Caps were hungry/determined and Holtby is stopping everything. I’d like to see Ovi and the caps get their 1st cup..I just can’t cheer for a 1st year expansion team yet. Sure, the GK are a good story, and have energized a desert town, but cmon..

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Spoken like a true person who has no rebuttal. Excellent.

Here is my rebuttal...Caps did not lose in 5.

#473 5 years ago

Hard to believe even the high scoring Bolts could not score last three games, made me think Pens could have beat them. Oh well hope the Knights do it against the Caps as a Pens fan but will not be surprised or upset either outcome.

#474 5 years ago

Wow congrats Caps...earned it in every sense

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow congrats Caps...earned it in every sense

I really thought Tampa would get their shit together for game 7, but they got outplayed up and down the ice. Hotlby had the perfect mix of luck and skill last night. The few times he was out of position the bolts just couldn't bury it. Lightning didn't score a goal since the middle of game 5, which is NUTS. Either way a team is going to get it's first cup this year; and Canada's drought is now at 25 years!

#476 5 years ago

Even though I'm Canadian, I was cheering for Vegas to beat Winnipeg. So that happened. Was hoping Capitals would beat Tampa and that also happened.

But now I'm lost. Vegas has such an incredible story and really, with all the elements in play who wouldn't want to see the Cinderella story unfold? I think it would be a first in all of sports?

But then there's Ovechkin that never won a cup, and is definitely overdue. Hard to pick a team. I'm just happy it's two new teams in the final. I guess I am leaning more towards Vegas though...

#477 5 years ago

The Knights aren't really a Cinderella story, but that's been covered already. Really I just hope its 7 games of great hockey. Its kind of nice to not have a bias towards either team so I can just sit back and enjoy it.

The highlight of the game for me was when the Caps were on the first power play. The announcers said "oh and Ovi is staying out for the second half of the power play......" My wife said "I don't see him out there" I replied "He's just standing at the offensive blue line waiting for the other guys to do the work to bring the puck into the zone". About 20 seconds later the caps brought the puck up and guess who was standing at the blue line......

I was cracking up.

#478 5 years ago

When your on the PowerPlay, almost every team leaves a player at the Blue Line when they are rushing into the zone. And Ovechkin plays that point to the circle waiting for a one-timer he doesn't have to skate around with the puck.

#479 5 years ago

We all know ovi isn't a perfectly rounded player. What he does he does great. He has actually been playing some D and creating plays, playing with some extra effort it seems.

#480 5 years ago

I know the strategy behind it, but Ovi can play the full 2 minutes of the PP every time because he doesn't help with entry, camps at the blue line, and camps at the left circle in the zone. It's not a knock on him, it's an observation and more of a knock on "Doc" Emrick than anything else. When he made the call he sounded genuinely surprised and all I could think was "Is this the first Caps game he watched?"

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

We all know ovi isn't a perfectly rounded player. What he does he does great. He has actually been playing some D and creating plays, playing with some extra effort it seems.

Quoted from Malenko:

I know the strategy behind it, but Ovi can play the full 2 minutes of the PP every time because he doesn't help with entry, camps at the blue line, and camps at the left circle in the zone. It's not a knock on him, it's an observation and more of a knock on "Doc" Emrick than anything else. When he made the call he sounded genuinely surprised and all I could think was "Is this the first Caps game he watched?"

It's ironic that the best two games the CAPS have played (Game 6 and 7) were the games in which Ovie played the fewest minutes in! Before the CAPS fans start typing ....... I also think those two games were the best he played thus far. The CAPS are playing that defensive trap style hockey ... Ovie is a great goal scorer so having him on the ice less is better as it allows him to go all out more. He was moving quick, taking the body and coming back on D then getting off! Whoever made the decision to play him less .. it was a good one and its not to knock Ovie!

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It's ironic that the best two games the CAPS have played (Game 6 and 7) were the games in which Ovie played the fewest minutes in! Before the CAPS fans start typing ....... I also think those two games were the best he played thus far. The CAPS are playing that defensive trap style hockey ... Ovie is a great goal scorer so having him on the ice less is better as it allows him to go all out more. He was moving quick, taking the body and coming back on D then getting off! Whoever made the decision to play him less .. it was a good one and its not to knock Ovie!

He is a defensive liability. He did seem to be doing more later in the series.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Maybe Doc was being sarcastic? Not a Cap's fan but hope they win it for Ovie, he's due IMO.

#484 5 years ago

I don’t think I’ve ever since Ovechkin play with this much excitement...

#485 5 years ago

Well, here we go!

I'll take the VGK in 6.

#486 5 years ago

Wow what a game. That's the old Fluery vs Holtby scoring party I remember ...but jeses the tipped goals this year are frikkin insane

#487 5 years ago

Really good game, except the Tom Wilson cheap shot. League needs to sit him for a game so that maybe he'll get the message. Fluery was the better goalie despite giving up 4. Half of his goals were due to defensive breakdowns, most of Holtby's were juicy rebounds. Knights in 6 is a save bet, but if they keep up that energy they may do it in 5 or less.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Tom Wilson cheap shot. League needs to sit him for a game so that maybe he'll get the message.

Hasn't worked the last three suspensions, THIS YEAR, it's not going to work going forward. What gets you about Wilson is .... the guy can actually play the game. He just prefers to play the role of a cheap player.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow what a game.

NHL couldn't ask for a better start to the Finals. Certainly an entertaining game, could do without the theatrical stuff at the beginning. It was neat the first time but now it's just old. If you're going to the Vegas games I would assume you make it a point to be a little late to your seat! Like watching the same bad movie over and over.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Hasn't worked the last three suspensions, THIS YEAR, it's not going to work going forward. What gets you about Wilson is .... the guy can actually play the game. He just prefers to play the role of a cheap player.

NHL couldn't ask for a better start to the Finals. Certainly an entertaining game, could do without the theatrical stuff at the beginning. It was neat the first time but now it's just old. If you're going to the Vegas games I would assume you make it a point to be a little late to your seat! Like watching the same bad movie over and over.

Fine sit him the rest of the finals? Maybe he'll stop being a butthole then. It really took away from what was otherwise a really good intense hockey game.

Funny story about the theatrics, I forgot the game started at 8 and I flipped to it at 8:20 thinking I'd miss part of the first period. They hadn't even sang the national anthem yet. It was tough staying up so late.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Really good game, except the Tom Wilson cheap shot. League needs to sit him for a game so that maybe he'll get the message. Fluery was the better goalie despite giving up 4. Half of his goals were due to defensive breakdowns, most of Holtby's were juicy rebounds. Knights in 6 is a save bet, but if they keep up that energy they may do it in 5 or less.

As if this was the only cheap shot of the game? How about the cross check missed call resulting in a goal. Oshi was getting his arms and back of his legs tore up all night as well.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow what a game. That's the old Fluery vs Holtby scoring party I remember ...but jeses the tipped goals this year are frikkin insane

That’s just it. They we all “good” goals. No garbage goals needing replays and questionable rulings.

Re: Tom Wilson. Should be suspended, not sat for a game. He adds nothing.

Re: Pre-game theatrics. Oh come on....it’s VEGAS! I would have felt cheated if we didn’t get some over the top entertainment before the game. My kids loved it. Maybe the Caps could put on a show before their home game to represent Washington. Maybe some politician taking bribes from pharmaceutical companies and defense contractors.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

As if this was the only cheap shot of the game? How about the cross check missed call resulting in a goal. Oshi was getting his arms and back of his legs tore up all night as well.

I didn't say it was the only cheap shot; rough play in the crease is one thing, trying to hurt another player like that something else entirely. I agree that the cross check should have been called and the goal waived off because of it. Wilson should have gotten a 5 minute major with a match penalty for that garbage though. Knights lose a player for 15 or 20 minutes to go through concussion protocol and have to double shift guys, meanwhile Wilson gets a 2 minute breather ; and it was concurrent minors so the team wasn't really penalized. It really was the low point of the game. I mean 10 goals scored in total and the dirty hit is the thing I remember the most.

I just hope game 2 is as exciting, and chippy play is replaced with sound fast paced hockey. Vegas needs to crank up the AC indoors too, no more stoppages for ice repair :p In their defense it was like 95 degrees outside.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Re: Tom Wilson. Should be suspended, not sat for a game. He adds nothing.

13 points in 17 games and a +8 is hardly "adding nothing".

Quoted from AAAV8R:Re: Pre-game theatrics. Oh come on....it’s VEGAS! I would have felt cheated if we didn’t get some over the top entertainment before the game. My kids loved it

Agree to a point .... just my point is/was that its the same "theatrics" over and over .... just the opposing actor is in a different costume! It is what it is!

Quoted from orangegsx:

As if this was the only cheap shot of the game? How about the cross check missed call resulting in a goal. Oshi was getting his arms and back of his legs tore up all night as well

Agree to a point ... this is stuff that happens all the time in front of the net and is never called! There were several penalties for these "minor offenses" that the refs never call no matter the game, nonetheless in the Finals! There is no such thing as consistency in officiating in the NHL. IMO take the refs off the ice as the only thing they do consistently is get in the way! Make them off ice officials!

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I agree. The first time watching the pregame was really cool and kinda mesmerizing...they need to change it up a little bit next year. Maybe have 3-4 versions and rotate them?

I really did like them bringing Michael “let’s get ready to rumble” Buffer to introduce the players. Awesome
Sauce!!!!

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I really did like them bringing Michael “let’s get ready to rumble” Buffer to introduce the players. Awesome
Sauce!!!!

Yeah agree. The fact that he announced the line-ups, threw in some stats and wasn't just there to say "let's get ready to rumble" was a good.

#496 5 years ago

So enjoyed the game last night. I'm a bit tired of all the theatrics but like everyone is saying...it's Vegas. One thing that did bother me was that there was no recognition of Memorial Day. I watched most of the pre-game on NBCSN and turned it right over NBC for the national coverage. Did I miss it? I saw all things leading up to the anthem and all things after. No military hero of the game? Nothing?

Shame on you Vegas if this was left out- especially on a day of rememberence

#497 5 years ago

I thought that it was a good entertaining game..to bad that C. Angel couldn’t done something ‘magical ‘..only if he could get rid of that image of W. Newtons face I seen about a week ago..

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

How about the cross check missed call resulting in a goal

That was a real back breaker.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

no more stoppages for ice repair

Seemed like a shit more commercials than usual too..

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Seemed like a shit more commercials than usual too..

Agree..... which stinks from a viewership point but good in the sense that sponsors are actually putting money into the NHL and not to mention having it on a major network here in the States.

I do like how NBC got around the clause in the contract that they were not allowed to "breakaway to commercial on Icing calls" so they split the screen so they're technically not "breaking away to commercial".

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-nhl-hockey-playoff-thread/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.