Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
$ 5,500 (OBO)
Open for offers
Added: January 17th, 2019
Ended: February 12th, 2019
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)
Stern Metallica PRO
March, 2018, build date
HUO, c. 200 plays, minty
1. Color DMD
2. Total Lightshow lighting upgrade from RedshiftLED in Australia to mimic the lightshow of the Premium model
3. H.O.P. spinners with Redshift’s Sound Caller Board and cabling
4. Flipper Fidelity backbox speakers upgrade
5. Stern shaker motor
6. PinGraffix “Creeping Death” PinBlades
7. Williams leg braces all around
8. Pin-Vol cabinet-front volume controller
9. P.L. service rails to support the playfield properly in the half-raised/drawn position (a feature unique to Stern Premiums now)
10. Cliffys: shooter lane (two parts), Mystery scoop, ramp drops, and drain hole
11. Pinbits plastics protectors, clear
12. Comet bulbs for Total Lightshow as well as integrated (Sparky hit) apron flasher
13. Metallica sign (above pops), Snake fangs, tongue decal (spares included), flipper toppers (not installed), and magnet-surround mylar x 2
14. Marco steel diverter post at orbit peak
To see a gallery of hi-res images, visit my Flickr gallery here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30661173@N07/albums [phone number removed] 1
I bought this game from a nice/generous Pinsider in MI who brought it to Expo in Chicago. A very helpful/generous friend brought it back to Minneapolis for me. I wanted to transform it into a “Promium” and I worked hard and spent a bit of coin to do it. It had just 152 plays on it when it arrived. I’ve put approx. 50 plays on it myself. Truly, I’ve spent more time modding/dialing it than playing it. The playfield is as you would expect for 200 plays. Colors are vivid/gorgeous. There is no wear anywhere, but it does have some discrete dimpling from multi-ball action. (The purpose of the glarey photos was to reveal the surface of the PF as much as possible. At least a few dimples are visible in them.) Cabinet and backbox art is flawless, as is the armor, coindoor, and the translight.
If you're a MET lover, you'll have a good sense of the value of the mods on this game, but I can certainly give you an itemized list if you’re wondering how I arrived at that total. These mods are about as far from frivolous as mods can be, and in some cases require much labor to install. Total Lightshow, for instance, took two solid days to install, and the leg braces were no picnic. Here’s a chance to get yourself a low-plays “Promium” and leave the work to someone else!
Note: I listed this same game for sale here on Pinside a month ago and tallied the total plays at “sub-300.” That was generous. As I say, I’ve added just 50 plays to the 152 it had when it arrived. So, the more accurate total-plays count is c. 200, not 300.
Easy load out. Game is on the ground floor just feet from the back door. From there it’s onto a deck, down two stairs, and then forty feet to the driveway. Cash only. No trades.
I would much rather sell to a local collector as I want the buyer to see/try before he/she buys, etc. If no local buyer steps up in the next week or two I will happily prep the game to ship it to you via the carrier of your choice.
Thanks for looking.
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.