(Topic ID: 213625)

2018 Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo Oct 19th & 20th

By PinballManiac40

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8073 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8070 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8047 (resized).jpg
    97FE9DD4-FFD7-4370-9735-EC8D513E673B (resized).jpeg
    127FB7FA-1A13-43DA-8657-ED6B818EAECC (resized).jpeg
    A13D9BCF-277C-41B7-B37B-3A876DB2BCF4 (resized).jpeg
    11CB75A0-554C-498E-B25A-3AD288A01183 (resized).jpeg
    A2A9AC6D-0DCB-4433-9B45-B89E2BBD5A0D (resized).jpeg
    AF817110-2F66-43F5-B7EF-FBDBB217CF20 (resized).jpeg
    976B9E48-66DA-4F22-A419-339A4104F8E3 (resized).jpeg
    5361E71D-6EF5-491F-82E9-F113F53788D5 (resized).jpeg
    26495C60-393A-4C05-AEB5-9A1BC5E143AA (resized).jpeg
    A8310E41-9CBB-4210-A72F-AA3B1D6CCBE3 (resized).jpeg
    DE7A4FAB-ADDA-44FD-8045-670DB9E5A1FA (resized).jpeg
    72C9246C-214D-4980-A4C0-8AA2CBE69242 (resized).jpeg
    BEEBA079-B5FF-4D22-BEB4-31976DB97F06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #20 Info for the show. Posted by BD_Designs (5 years ago)

Post #38 Great special on a P3! Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #40 Last chance for pre-sale tickets! Posted by PinballManiac40 (5 years ago)

Post #47 Raffle to win a Deadpool!!!! Posted by PinballManiac40 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 5 years ago

I'll be there with my Star Trek LE outfitted with all my mods and the ColorDMD.

Titan Pinball has graciously agreed to sell my Early SolidState Pinball Buttons and Housings in their booth so if you are in the market; stop by their booth. Limited quantities available at the show.

#137 5 years ago

First; before we get into some constructive criticism... I wanted to thank the HAAG crew for an awesome show. I appreciate the work you did and the selection of a great venue. I think this hotel is MUCH better than the old location. Despite the issues below; I did have a good time due to friends who attended.

That said; I was disappointed for a few reasons.
    1) Pinball ... it wasn't there. WAY too many broken or barely functional Arcade machines and more than a few broken Pins before the soft open on noon Friday. I don't mind a few; but a significant number of the Arcades were down on Friday even before the show opened. There were just too many duplicates (weren't' there like 20 Centipedes ? ) If you ignore the vendors (Joystik and Marco); there were only 30 or so Pins... and a significant percentage of them were behind ropes in the Tourney area. When the Tourney was done on Friday (and Saturday?) night... The Tourney organizer kept the machines off and behind roped off areas... some of the best machines (TnA) were there.

2) The music... OMG. This has to go or be separate from the game room. Having a live stage in the game room was worse than having a DJ in the game room. Please consider taking this elsewhere. I want to actually hear a machine I'm playing. The music was loud enough when pre-recorded... but was easily 20x-50x worse when "bands" were preforming. It was actually intolerable and I had to leave early because it was just too much. While the back of the hall was better... you couldn't even play any of the pins near the stage for two reasons. first being the shear pain of the music at that location. and second; the "mosh pit" which developed there. I do not want to get rich by selling HAAG earplugs next year.

3) The Harp Twins were a welcome distraction from the game room. Thanks.

For 1); we as the community need to be honest with ourselves. If you don't have a good condition arcade game or better yet a working Pinball machine. Stop being arsehat who knowingly brings nonfunctional games just to get a free ticket. This does no one any service. I know this is happening because I've seen the same "nonfunctional" games for several shows.

If you won't outfit your arcade with FreePlay; then it's your responsibility to walk by every hour or so and make sure it's credited with massive credits. There was ?Vindicators? tank game which had NO CREDITS the entire weekend. Don't expect the public who probably doesn't know what a coin door is ... much less a coin switch to add credits for you.

I'd also like HAAG orgs to actively take a role here and minimize the abusers. Help keep the exhibitors honest. I get it these are old games which can and will breakdown; but a little policing can go a long way to make sure we don't have repeat offenders. No games should be accepted for exhibiting if they aren't outfitted with a external credit switch or Free play.

B) When you are done with the tourney for the night; release those games to the game room. This is crucial if we are going to seen a heavily skewed game room in favor of Arcades.

For 2); Please follow TPF's lead here. Eliminate the "background" music. Do the stage performances somewhere else other than the game room - if at all. I just don't see any value in the party atmosphere. IF you actually have to keep this for some justifiable reason; then make sure the decibels are less than a Jet engine... and the stage performances do not exceed the same level as the background music. There is no reason people should have to escape the game room to ensure they don't end up with hearing loss.

Before someone gets defensive thinking; I did exhibit my game - the Only Star Trek LE on the floor. It was functional the entire show; and I even ensured that the flipper and slingshot rubbers were replaced on Friday night so they didn't break during the busy Saturday show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-houston-arcade-pinball-expo-oct-19th-20th?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.