We're only about a month away from the 2018 Houston Arcade Expo (Oct. 19 & 20) and it's shaping up to be the best one we've ever had! With the show being at a new venue - the beautiful Houston Marriott Westchase (with easy access to/from Houston Hobby Airport) - we will be hosting more games, guests, vendors, sponsors, musical acts, tournaments, and more! The best way to describe our show is that it's a blending of Southern Fried Gaming Expo mixed with the atmosphere of the Pinball Life party!
Highlights for 2018 include:
- Over 300 games on free play - available very late Friday & Saturday nights
- Marco Specialties and Houston distributor Joystix Classic Games & Pinballs are teaming up for 2 booths featuring new pins, multi-games, and a variety of other arcades
- Houston-based Arcadeology will be bringing 100 arcades (yes, you read that right) ranging from customs to popular and rare titles. This is all in addition to the many other arcades brought by other exhibitors!
- Special Vendors include: Multimorphic/P3, The Game Preserve, Titan Pinball, RB Pinball, Drop-A-Coin Repair, Respawn Gaming, MechCorps, & more
- Special Guests: Dirty Donny Gillies & Rampage creator Brian Colin
- Special Musical Guests: The Harp Twins, Atlanta 80s band Radio Cult, 8-bit maestro AtariMatt, & the Consortium of Genius
- Panels / Workshops featuring folks from Spooky Pinball, P3/Multimorphic, Circus Maximus Group, Arcade Repair Tips, Microsoft, Atari 2600, & Williams
- Pinball, Arcade, & Console Tournaments
- A huge selection of vintage computer & console games
- Saturday night 80s Extravaganza
- Saturday morning Swap Meet
- Tons of Door Prizes & Giveaways!
- Hotel rooms are only $89 / night!!
- and MUCH MORE
Anyone who has been to either TPF or the Houston Arcade Expo knows that Texans and our friends from Louisiana, Oklahoma, & Arkansas know how to throw one hell of a fun party with plenty of southern hospitality! The weather is great in October and if you want to stay a little longer there is plenty to see and do in Houston - NASA's Space Center Houston visitor center and the Kemah Boardwalk are about 40 minutes from the hotel, the Museum District is 20 minutes, and Galveston is about 1 hr 10 minutes away.
If you haven't been here before, I recommend coming on down and giving the show a visit! Hope to see some new faces this year!