(Topic ID: 215054)

2018 Honda Odyssey Vs. 2018 Toyota Sienna

By pcprogrammer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one would you buy?”

• 2018 Honday Odyssey 45 votes
      56%
    • 2018 Toyota Sienna 35 votes
      44%

(80 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180730_121404 (resized).jpg
    20180530_200458 (resized).jpg
    20160609_143826 (resized).jpg
    20180530_200458123123 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1809 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180519_084930959 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180519_084941326 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1526175279857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180501_184642 (resized).jpg
    wrench (resized).JPG
    20180430_202423 (resized).jpg
    2008 Toyota Solara left side (resized).jpg
    camry emblems (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago

I'm in the market for a van and have had several people try to steer me towards the Kia Sedona. They seem like a good value for the money and have a great warranty and seem to have decent reliability and safety ratings. Interior also seems nicer than Honda or Toyota too. Could put the savings towards a new pinball purchase?

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Good to hear on that smell. It was very strong, weird that it reminded me of a food odor with a slight burnt smell.
    Does $37,500 sound like a good price for the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus model?

you're going to take a huge hit on resale value on the Pacifica compared to Toyota or Honda. I would look for a 2017 model if you go that route. They are very nice on the inside and have great features. I just don't know how long term reliability is since it's a new model.

I'd also make sure to take a look and test drive a Kia Sedona before making your decision. They really are a good value. You can get a nicely equipped 2017 model with leather and some nice features with low miles (20K) for around $22K certified with a decent warranty.

I haven't bought a van yet but have done some research and will likely buy in the next 6 months.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Kia body metal is paper thin. The smallest impact becomes a big expense. I'd never own a Kia.
    Plus, if you buy used you're missing out on all the electric/hybrid incentives, to the tune if about $10k in CA between Federal/State/Local. That alone makes new a better deal than used. Sucks up all the initial depreciation in advance.

That's good to know on the body metal. I know Kia has their own steel factory but I've only really just begun doing research on minivans.

Unfortunately, WI is a red State and actually taxes people more (higher registration fees) for driving an electric vehicle since they don't pay the gas tax

4 months later
    #234 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Both of them will. Don't quote me on this, but I am 95% sure you don't get stow and go on the hybrid Pacifica because of the battery placement under the van.

I think the far back seats on the hybrid are stow and go but not the middle row captains chairs on the hybrid.

I just bought a 2017 Pacifica in June and love it so far. I think it's the best driving of the big 3. Good get up and go for a van and we average around 28mpg. Lots of deals on 2017 Touring L's with leather and decent options and 20-25k miles from rental fleets out there right now. If you buy Certified pre owned they extend the power train warranty to 7 year 100k too.

#238 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

The Quest was discontinued a few years ago.

2016 was the last year they made the Quest for consumers. 2017 was rental fleet only. There are deals to be had on them. They are nice and I even test drove one but the crash test results scared me off especially with how icy Winters can be in WI.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/11/poor-crash-test-performance-costs-nissan-quest-minivan-its-consumer-reports-recommendation/index.htm

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-honda-odyssey-vs-2018-toyota-sienna?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.