A8A10E28-A2FC-4281-A8F0-BE5C72F83C16 (resized).jpeg
4B47834A-3B52-46CF-817E-9C070197B3CE (resized).jpeg
F4CEFBC6-41FD-4676-B2B7-70E6B9A6F027 (resized).jpeg
10DA5A05-2224-4119-914B-9727AABF5E59 (resized).jpeg
F5903159-7163-49E1-83A5-7EBA0BD5BA47 (resized).jpeg
4D8709F4-EAF6-4E7D-81B6-E4C47676571D (resized).jpeg
IMG-20180715-WA0031 (resized).jpg
0834D264-CC51-44B9-8526-86187504278B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 5 years ago

I'm calling the World Cup for Croatia! My absolute favorite vacation spot in the world. If any of you guys get the chance, go to Croatia, it is incredible!

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

This World Cup has been amazing. None of the awful 0-0 ties (well, 1 I think). Nearly every game has been exciting and the tension can be felt all the way through to the end. If there are any of the old school soccer haters lurking in here, you could do much worse than letting yourself give it a chance. I am an admitted soccer nerd - but really, this is the most exciting entertaining World Cup I can remember. And this is as a neutral observer since the USA decided to be dogshit. Go enjoy it everyone!

It has been great but I've missed too many games. I'm a tried and true soccer fan myself. Became obsessed watching Henrik Larsson at Celtic. He is still the most electric player I have ever seen.

#108 5 years ago

Wow! Some of these girls are probably thrilled their photos made it on the web for everyone to ogle, at least their father's are. Yeah that's my daughter, the one with the big white painted tits, I'm so proud!

#115 5 years ago

South America is out.

#116 5 years ago

FIFA is corrupt, Russia is corrupt. If they win this it will be the biggest joke in sporting history.

#118 5 years ago

Just like Leicester City couldn't win the English Premier League?

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The Croats will wipe the floor with Russia tomorrow.

I think Croatia will win too and picked them to win the cup before the tournament started. I'm just saying anything can happen and if Russia wins the tournament it's blatant corruption.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

True enough. Anything can happen...you are correct. I just think Russia's time in this WC is over...they have been lucky to make it this far.
And so happy Brazil is out. Karma 4 the diving Neymar

Do you remember Rivaldo? He was a dive master! I think they teach that in Brazil.

#134 5 years ago

England up 1-0 right now. I hope they don't win the World Cup. Don't get me wrong, I like English football, but we will NEVER hear the end of it, if they win.

#138 5 years ago

If Russia wins, I'll eat a pinball.

#142 5 years ago

Diving IS frowned upon and penalties are given for it.

#144 5 years ago

How does Russia play defense the entire match and only let up one goal, I don't get it? The ball is in their own third the entire time and Spain and now Croatia can't capitalize, WTF.

#149 5 years ago

What an ending! Great game all around!

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Insufficient penalties apparently, it still happens with 100x more regularity than any other sport played by men.
Cultures are different, I get it, but players like Neymar are hard for me to watch without feeling angry and disgusted.

Hate the player, not the game.

#152 5 years ago

That's just like your opinion, man. I think the video replay helps a great deal and soccer CAN be the most exciting of sports. A penalty kick is meant to be devastating to the other team, it's not supposed to be equal between taker and keeper.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Ha! Ha! You're absolutely right
Great win against Sweden. I called it 3-1 to England but I'll live with 2-0.
I agree with the rants against diving. It's an absolute disgrace and they all ought to be ashamed of themselves. As much as I admire Brazil for playing quality football that cheating snake Neymar Jnr is reason enough for them to be out. Safe journey home!
I hope I don't jinx it by saying I haven't seen anything of Croatia for us to be worried about.

You said it right here! England, shouldn't worry about Croatia!? Just remember in Croatia, they call Modric "the little sh!t". Hopefully, you aren't screaming that after the semifinals.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I couldn’t be happier with this final four.

I'd be a lot happier if the frogs weren't there.

#164 5 years ago

I meant it in the best possible way.

#166 5 years ago

Just trying to be nice, you limey git. ( I'm an ass, just having fun) dish it back, M8! I'm sure you wanna see the frogs win another cup. 98' was enough for me and you, I'm sure. I spend a lot of time at Oxford and St. Andrew's studying. I watched a lot of Dundee United matches in Scotland and became a Celtic fan because of Henrik Larsson. Traveled around Scotland for a year watching Larsson in his prime, and I think he is a top 10 striker of all time! Ronaldinho considered Larsson his idol, that has to say something! I'm drinking I'm a little loose with the lip.

#177 5 years ago

Let's go Belgium! France had their fun in 98', I wanna see what this new blood is capable of. We have been hearing of a great young Belgian generation of players for awhile now, time for them to prove it!

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Simulation is a yellow card offence.
Refs just dont seem to want to apply that rule though.

It's tough on the officials. A lot of these guys legitimately slip but do over the top embellishments or a minor push is simulated to be a major foul. I wish I had the answers.

#180 5 years ago
34646017-poster-of-a-green-frog-prince-with-a-crown (resized).jpg34646017-poster-of-a-green-frog-prince-with-a-crown (resized).jpg
#181 5 years ago

Congrats France. I hope you lose in the final. Mbop or however you spell his name is a disgrace. He is too young to realize how stupid he looks diving all over the place. Glad he got a yellow at the end for simulation!

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

England vs France would be nice.

How crazy would it be in England if they lose to the FRENCH in the final! Oh the riots will be amazing. My prison days are over now or I would make a trip and bust some heads!

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

All this flopping is really hurting the game as it is gaining a poor reputation.
Two simple rules:
If it is determined that a player has "faked" it, the
OPPOSING team shall be granted a free kick.
Or more severe,
Impose the hockey rule of "embellishment". A player guilty of such shall incur a two to four minute penalty and must leave the field.
Flopping would cease almost immediately.

If Mbappe gets caught doing it next game that will be his second yellow in two game so he will be red carded. I would love to see something like that happen and maybe that is the only way things will change, we need more red cards.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If he gets a yellow in the next game then it is not a red card because he has a previous yellow. Two yellows have to be shown in the same game to be a red card in that particular game. Two yellows in two different games results in missing the next game but not an immediate red card.

You are right. Wasn't thinking clearly.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

proud of my country... really disappointed, as it was now or never... not sure such another opportunity will came for us
congrats to france, as they were not better, simply clever to not let us play our game

You guys had a great cup! You still have the third place match to watch!

#197 5 years ago

Vrijeme za kick neki engleski magarca!

(If anyone wants to know how to say, time to kick some English ass, in Croatian)

#199 5 years ago

Ne izgleda dobro.

#200 5 years ago

A beautiful free kick! I must say.

#201 5 years ago

The English are playing the flopping game. Do they have clotted cream on their boots? Every call is going against Croatia and they are getting pissed off and starting to really foul now. Let the guys play! This ref is blowing the whistle ever 5 seconds, both teams should think this is ridiculous.

#202 5 years ago

Tied up Gents!

#204 5 years ago

Overtime boys! Croatia has the lungs and the hamstrings. I always thought English guys were tough? This new generation of pretty boys isn't doing anybody any favors. The Croatians are rough and don't care about the "hair". OK extra time . Let's go Modric, you little shit!

#206 5 years ago

2-1 Croatia

#208 5 years ago

Sorry England better luck next time!

#210 5 years ago

France are the pretty boys and Croatia are the fighters. It will be a fun final. Different styles, hopefully the ref isn't blowing the whistle every 5 seconds.

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

What ever Croatia had during half time really sparked them up, completely different team during the 2nd half!
Congrats Croatia, well deserved win

Calmed nerves and a regrouped game plan.

#216 5 years ago

England showed class and I wish you luck in the third place match. Easily could have went either way. Semifinals is a hell of an achievement!

#223 5 years ago

Croatia proved to have incredible stamina. They get stronger as the match goes on. It's tough to win against an opponent that doesn't let off the gas.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Not that many people care about the third place games. Oftentimes teams will play younger less experienced players in those games. A player that makes tens of millions of dollars for their club team may not want or care to play in a meaningless game when they are already tired and bruised from the long tournament.

I think All teams want to try to win the third place match. It's for pride and country. They've gone this far, they aren't going to lay down now. Third place is still a hell of an achievement. Some people would rather win the third place match than lose the final. At least you go out on a high note.

#229 5 years ago

Third place match due to start in an hour. I wish both teams good luck. I'm honestly not rooting for anyone, I just want a good match. I think it will be a great game but Belgium has a little more quality. De Bruyne (IMHO) will be the best player on the pitch. Belgium wins 2-1. I'm bummed, only 2 matches left.

#230 5 years ago

Congrats Belgium! Both teams played well, England just couldn't find the goal but they created chances, it just wasn't meant to be.

#234 5 years ago

Naprijed Hrvatska! (Go, Croatia!)

#241 5 years ago

Nice! You should be proud. Belgium played well. Third place IS an incredible achievement.

#242 5 years ago

I'm predicting a Croatia win 2-1. What do you guys think?

#244 5 years ago

Alright, time to fry some Frenchmen!

#245 5 years ago

France scores a goal off a set piece from a DIVE! Makes me sick.

#246 5 years ago

Perisic nailed that equalizer!

#247 5 years ago

Where are you supposed to put your hands?... up your ass?

#248 5 years ago

The first two goals against Croatia were stupid and shouldn't have been and had nothing to do with the quality of France football. The first real goal they scored put them up 3-1. Not the Croatians day

#249 5 years ago

Actual score 2-1 "real score" 4-1

#251 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

The Croatian keeper is weak.
Those two goals from outside the area wouldn't beat most keepers at this level.

Dude he has been one of the best keepers in the tournament. At this level saves look much easier on TV. That ball is moving so fast, it's where you are standing not where you can jump to. Croatia's keeper has won a couple penalty shootouts too. Subasic is a quality keeper. Keepers are needed when the defense FAILS!

#252 5 years ago

If the BS goals weren't included it would probably be 2-2 now.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Ya, 'Dude', I get that. A shot from outside the box, two feet inside the post is stopped by most keepers at this level. He may have been one of the better keepers in the tournament but those two goals should have been stopped. He was so slow to move on that second goal.
When a shot comes from outside the box the defense hasn't failed. You defend to prevent chances from inside the area. You can't stop shots from everywhere and that shot was from 20+ yards out.

A lot of things went wrong for Croatia, how about we agree on that? I'm proud of the boys and still remains my favorite country to visit even though I'm not Croatian. All you guys that cheered on Croatia, do yourself a favor and visit. They filmed Kings Landing and Mereen from Game of Thrones there. Visit all the sites, go sailing in Dalmatia, just go. Croatia is an undiscovered treasure, from Zagreb, Split, Sibenik, Ston, Hvarr, and Dubrovnik it's absolutely Imamaculate, like a legless Baywatch!

#256 5 years ago

Congratulations France. You were the best team on the pitch today. 2018 World Cup Champs.
34646017-poster-of-a-green-frog-prince-with-a-crown (resized).jpg34646017-poster-of-a-green-frog-prince-with-a-crown (resized).jpg

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from FLX1:

So,we lost but silver is not that bad. We are very proud of our team.Big thanks to everyone
that supported us. Congratulations to France.
Frippertron,you now have a friend in Croatia. If you ever come here,be sure to contact me.

Thanks for that. I hope to be flying to Split sometime in 2019. I will let you know. It was a great World Cup, you have a lot to be proud of!

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

500 arrested and 2 dead in France related to World Cup "celebrations." Some drunk dude dove into a very shallow canal and broke his neck. The other one drove his car into a tree.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/989289/world-cup-final-france-vs-croatia-riots-Paris-French-celebrations

Those wacky French. Paris is nuts.

#267 5 years ago

Individual awards.

Golden Boot (most goals) 6: Harry Kane England

Golden Glove ( best keeper) : Thibaut Courtois Belgium

Best Young Player: Kylian Mbappe France

Golden Ball (best player): Luka Modric Croatia

#268 5 years ago

I guess it's time for this thread to end. It's been a lot of fun for the past month, fellas. I had a blast. We should start a Pinside soccer club, where we discuss happenings with the major clubs. Cheers!

#269 5 years ago

Let's go Celtic, Juventus, Manchester City, and Real Madrid!

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Lets do it again in 4 years.
Ive been very lucky the past couple weeks.
Ive been in paris and Barcelona. The passion for the sport here is very feverious and sucks you in. Been great fun.

It is so much fun taking part of the fun in Europe. It is like nothing else. I try to explain it to people in the States, like every goal your team scores feels like your home NFL team won the Super Bowl. Glad you got to experience that. Barcelona is a city like none other. Love the Gaudi vibe, just a cool place to visit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-fifa-world-cup-?tu=Frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.