The flopping is a killer for me. Players like Neymar are disgusting to me. Flopping should not be 'part of the game', it's dishonest and entirely dishonorable.
If the World Cup was a (pinball) game designed in the US, the next software patch would include the following -
* Modify free penalty kicks to reduce flopping and corruption
- if a grown man is writhing around like his leg has been decapitated (>30 secs), he will be substituted for remainder of game.
- change penalty kicks and make the shots more difficult (less automatic)
- free goals have too much impact for such a low scoring game, too great an incentive for flopping
- refs have too much power over outcome, encouraging corruption
- players who commit fouls may be moved to a penalty box for 5, 8, or 12 mins depending on class of foul (i.e. hockey)
There! Soccer improved and now capable of being embraced in the USA as well.