Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lma574
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

I was waffling because I spent so much last year (not that it wasn't worth it..) but seeing it move to two different match play formats is AWESOME. I have Fri/Saturday off as part of my normal vacation week already...just gotta see if I can get Sunday and convince the spousal unit to come hang out!

#9 5 years ago

Oh man. There's some games on that list that I really really like. I still haven't even touched Maiden though, heh.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from buffaloatx:

Please, by all means, DON'T practice...

You know who you're talking to, right?

I barely ever practice. Practice for me is watching a tutorial video or playing Pinball Arcade. I'm just naturally gifted with quick reflexes and hyperfocus.

POTC going to have strong enough flippers to backhand the ramp?

#14 5 years ago

Even when I owned POTC, I couldn't ever get the super skill shot, plus it's risky as hell with no ball saves. I'll just stick to my normal on that one lol.

"I have a cunning plan, sir."

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from buffaloatx:

Strong enough lightning flippers. .. maybe

If KISS had lightning flippers on it last year, I barely noticed them.

GOT has shots that you need to hit that are too far off to the side for lightning flippers IMO. As in, don't even bother trying to intentionally qualify locks if it's got them on it. Heh. I dunno what Tim/PHOF did that year I went to Nationals, but their GOT was F'ING NASTY. Me and the guy I played against both had sub 90-second GAME times. Neither one of us cleared 10 million points. No lightning flippers.

#18 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure my opinion was clear but the games played really nice last year. I wouldn't waste a trip down there and the money if they were trash! Personally, I find the lightning flippers hilarious. It's mostly just a mind game. If you don't look for them, then you probably don't know they're even there. No problemo! I mean...it worked for me on LOTR, Spiderman, and KISS... but every time I play BSD/Doctor Who I get screwed because I KNOW they're there!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from buffaloatx:

Star Trek the Next Generation

WUT?

Ufff.... I hope I don't end up in a group with Colin on that one, or watch someone time out 6 modes on ball 3.

#30 5 years ago

Just booked a room, and stopping in Galveston for a day or two before. Averaging 55 bucks a night after taxes and fees not too bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-bat-city-open-returns?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.