5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Any interest? Some of the folks in the other football thread don't like the fantasy stuff.

#2 5 years ago

My first dilemma. I've got Todd Gurley and Devonta Freeman as my starting RBs tonight. Not sure what to do with my flex spot. I've got Jordan Howard there now. I've also got Tevin Coleman on the bench. Coleman vultures TDs. I should probably stick with Howard, especially considering the tough matchup for Atlanta tonight. I know it's gonna bite me in the ass.

#3 5 years ago

And Coleman gets a TD. My bench has 8.25 points. My starters 2.5. Oh well, such is Fantasy Football

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Love Fantasy talk!
I also have Freeman. He laid a big goose egg when he couldn't score from the 1 yard line on two attempts. UGH. That TD would have turned a 5 point day into an 11 point day with just 3 little feet. Oh well.
Here is my team, Xerico Xmen, for this year's Pigskin Pinheads 12 team yahoo league.
Starting Lineup For Week 1:
Dak Prescott QB
Ezekiel Elliott RB
Devonta Freeman RB
Mike Evans WR
Tyler Locket WR
Delanie Walker TE
Lamar Miller Flex
Daniel Carson K
Jacksonville DEF
Bench:
Doug Baldwin WR
Carson Wentz QB
Adrian Peterson RB
Alshon Jeffery WR
Jordan Reed TE
Chris Godwin WR
Marcus

Cool! I had Dak as my starting QB most of the year last year. It worked out pretty well until the last few weeks. I had major problems with my draft this year. I pre-ranked the guys I wanted thinking I could tweak it as I got my turn. It didn't work out that way. All my guys were auto-picked off my list. Thankfully I got first pick and Todd Gurley.

#6 5 years ago

I wanted to draft Tyreek Hill. Instead I got Will Fuller. Ha!

#7 5 years ago

I might have to make John Brown a starter. Currently, only 23% owned in Yahoo Fantasy.

#8 5 years ago

Mike Williams or Will Fuller to start week 2? I'm inclined to go with Williams. Both have shit opponents this week. Fuller and Watson could still be rusty, but if they aren't, look out...

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I would go with Williams. Fuller is just to hit/miss for my taste.
Marcus

It is all about who is tossing the ball to him. Fuller and Watson have chemistry. I'll probably go with Williams though. I think he is about to explode.

I lost by 7.5 points in Week 1. Charger's D killed me. I'm gonna stick with them because they are up against the Bills, but I sure wish Joey Bosa was healthy. I picked up the Jet's D this week in case I need them next week. Week 3 Jets are up against Cleveland and Chargers are up against the Rams. Rams are gonna kick ass this year.

I went with Gould for K this week. I have Carlson as well, but I'm not so sure about him. I really wish I had Zuerlein.

Dallas is an f'n mess. Really glad I drafted Gurley vs Elliott or Bell.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Flex advice needed. Start Phillip Lindsay, Jamal Williams or take a chance Marlon Mack’s hammy stays in one piece and he plays...?

Never had luck with Packers RBs. Of course if Rodgers is out??

#14 5 years ago

My 2 bench receivers scored over 24 points (Will Fuller and John Brown). Unless Brandin Cooks gets 14 more points, I shoulda played my bench. Oh well, still looking like I'm gonna win this week. Not a bad thing having a bench that scores points, as long as you still win.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Hey guys! Love my FF-been playing for 12 years now. In 2 uber competitive leagues with my friends.
Just heard my bench receiver Josh Gordon got traded to the Pats-glad I didn't cut him!

You think he’s gonna work out there?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Zuerlein is now out it seems for a bit. I have him but may need to swap him out on waivers.

I picked up Gould last week and it worked out well. He is also consistent. I need to dump Bailey. I only have Rivers as a QB. Best I can pick up is Flacco (vs. Broncos), but that might be better than Rivers vs. the Rams week 3. I've got Charger's D too (still no Bosa), but I picked up the Jets D last week. Probably gonna start the Jets D. I hate Thursday night games for Fantasy though. Who's gonna be sloppier, Jets or Browns?

Quoted from nascarrey:

Not sure-guess ill have to sit him on the bench and see.....

Or trade into the hype?

I dropped Breida last week. I guess a week too early. I'm loaded with RBs though.

#21 5 years ago

We're on Yahoo and use standard scoring. Other than getting first pick right (Gurley) my draft was a mess too. I must do a couple practice drafts next year.

1-QB
2-RB
2-WR
1-TE
1-Flex
1-D/ST
1-K

#24 5 years ago

I have Coleman as well as Freeman. To be honest, I'd be OK with Freeman staying out a few weeks as I also have Jordan Howard and Todd Gurley.

#25 5 years ago

Flacco or Rivers for week 3? I'm having second thoughts on Flacco. Weather is supposed to suck too. I really don't want to play a QB against the Rams at this point either though.

I could also pick up Tannehill (another wet game) or Trubisky (dome game, but he likes to throw interceptions).

#26 5 years ago

Screw it! I'm going with Rivers. Go with your studs right?

#27 5 years ago

My team has been sucking all day. Just got 2 TDS (Coleman and Fuller) I’m back in it!

#29 5 years ago

That's tough. I almost tried to trade for Garoppolo and Zuerlein. Dodged a couple bullets there. I won this week by ~10 points.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Losing by less than 2 points knowing I just needed Antonio Brown to make 1 more catch to win will forever haunt my fantasy football dreams, lol.

Those always suck. I've lost by less than a point before.

#34 5 years ago

My week 4 opponent's D is off this week and they don't have a backup picked yet, so I picked up Steeler's and Seahawk's Ds to bench (likely starting Charger's D for week 4). Trying to strategize like this usually bites me in the ass

I also picked up Greg Zuerlein to bench. I know it is early, but I don't want to miss him this time. Hopefully, he is back by mid-October.

I'm rolling without a backup QB or TE. Ryan Tannehill is available and I suspect he is just gonna keep getting better. I should probably pick him up, but I'm hoping I've got 1 more week to decide given he is playing the Pats at home this week. Honestly, Rivers got me ~18 points against the Rams. He's pretty much matchup proof. I just need him to stay healthy and have something figured out for week 8.

#35 5 years ago

Decided to start Brandin Cooks last night. That worked out better than expected. The biggest duds on my team, other than an injured Devonta Freeman, are Jordan Howard and the Charger's D. I'm hanging onto the Charger's D until Bosa is healthy though.

#39 5 years ago

Bengal's D is available off waivers Saturday in my league. Burfict is back for week 5. Is he capable of not roughing the passer under the current rules? I'm not so sure.

1 week later
#40 5 years ago

Missed Bengals D as another team grabbed them off waivers. I did stream the Cardinals D for 21 points and still lost by a TD. Cooks getting knocked out of the game with a concussion killed me. I hope he's back this week.

Streaming Winston this week as I don't like Rivers in Cleveland. He should do great against Atlanta. Though I am all too well aware Jameis has had a problem with doing what he should do.

Streaming Seahawks D in London this week. Between a little jet lag and a cold, wet Wembley Stadium I'm hoping the Raiders suck even more than usual.

I should have kept Fairbairn as my kicker. I have Santos and Zuerlein. Zuerlein should be back this week. I hope...

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I picked up Winston and the Texans defense off the waiver wire. Both came through for me.

I was doubting playing Winston almost immediately, but he came through. Unless my opponent scores 36 points tonight, I should move up to first place in my league.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I was doubting playing Winston almost immediately, but he came through. Unless my opponent scores 36 points tonight, I should move up to first place in my league.

My opponent scored 38 points. He had Davante Adams and Mason Crosby, and a little help from a Beathead guaranteed to toss an interception on his final drive. We rarely ever score above 100 points. I had 108. That hurts...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-2019-fantasy-football-discussion?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.