(Topic ID: 188600)

2017 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 9-11 Setup Begins!

By dnikolich

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bendit
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Scratch 003 (resized).JPG
    Scratch 002 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2510 (resized).PNG
    20170608_193305 (resized).jpg
    20170608_195226 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1496974752993 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2507 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2503 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2501 (resized).JPG
    20170605_143814 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2477 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2465 (resized).JPG
    hats_mock-up_2017_versionPinballSeal (resized).jpg
    hats_mock-up_2017_versionPinballShowdown (resized).jpg
    MOCK-UP_2017_HOODIE (resized).jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

From this---to THIS! (backwards, duh)

20170608_195226 (resized).jpg20170608_195226 (resized).jpg
    20170608_193305 (resized).jpg20170608_193305 (resized).jpg

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Come see me and my brother (eric, head electrical engineer and lead design for game #4) in my booth.
    Signed dialed in translites, flyers, hard cover manuals, ect.

I will be stopping by on Friday!

#53 6 years ago

Any invisiglass for sale?

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fishhawk1650:

Any invisiglass for sale?

Sorry, but no. Too hard to ship. I do have two new sheets of regular wide body glass though.

$25 each or take both for $40.

#55 6 years ago

Come see us this morning at 11:00 am when we open to the public with over 285 pinball and arcade games and 20+ consoles!

IMG_2510 (resized).PNGIMG_2510 (resized).PNG

#56 6 years ago

We'll be there Sunday to play.

Can't wait, will be a nice change of pace to attend a show and not be so involved with the setup/teardown (we're driving up from Texas on the way to Estes Park).

#57 6 years ago

Somebody "keyed" my glass at RMPS! Stay classy Denver

Scratch 002 (resized).JPGScratch 002 (resized).JPG

Scratch 003 (resized).JPGScratch 003 (resized).JPG

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

WTF?! That's terrible. Where was your machine set up? I never saw anybody abusing games all weekend, but that one there took quite a bit of effort to do.

#59 6 years ago

That's horrible!

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Where was your machine set up?

Right next to Elvira and Blackwater from Lyons back in the side room. Can't imagine how they did it during show...they went back and forth like 100 times!

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Right next to Elvira and Blackwater from Lyons back in the side room. Can't imagine how they did it during show...they went back and forth like 100 times!

The Genie in that room was mine. I was in there half the show (working on it) and I never saw anything happen. I'm legit mad about this. I wish I had seen something.

#62 6 years ago

Its Bullshit! And to the backglass ads insult to injury. Bunch of punks doin this shit! We should start a chip in to get that repaired by BG.
    Im in for that!

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Its Bullshit! And to the backglass ads insult to injury. Bunch of punks doin this shit! We should start a chip in to get that repaired by BG.
    Im in for that!

Same.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

repaired by BG.

The backglass wasn't perfect to begin with so it's not a huge deal, I sealed it already and all that...it's just that you never see a bunch of scratches on the outside of the glass! Very strange.

#65 6 years ago

Sorry this happened Brian. We didn't bring our two this time because we had pending sales. If that would of happened to my Scared Stiff I would be on the war path!

#66 6 years ago

Great show this weekend. Nice selection of games and not to much of a crowd. Seemed a lot warmer in the game rooms than last year, couldn't hang in the smaller rooms for long, but with enough cool off rounds into the other areas, was able to catch everything I wanted to play.

Can't wait for next year.

#67 6 years ago

People can be so shitty some times, it's ridiculous. Your game was right next to my party zone and for someone to put the effort into purposely scratching it was a total dick move.

#68 6 years ago

Maybe it's the same jack ass that took my sunglasses out of the room?

#69 6 years ago

describe them for me please.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Great show this weekend. Nice selection of games and not to much of a crowd. Seemed a lot warmer in the game rooms than last year, couldn't hang in the smaller rooms for long, but with enough cool off rounds into the other areas, was able to catch everything I wanted to play.
    Can't wait for next year.

They were running 50-60 more games than last year... the brunt of them going into the long corridor and offshoot rooms. More games, more people, more heat.

#71 6 years ago

Man that sucks.

The showdown was great this year! Really had fun seeing everyone. If you room was next to ours Im sorry, we didnt mean to make you call security

JJ

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from vintageclub:

They were running 50-60 more games than last year... the brunt of them going into the long corridor and offshoot rooms. More games, more people, more heat.

Agree, didn't know how many more games, but that seems about right. Not quite enough to double the ballroom space but maybe getting there. Good to see the show's growing. I can put up with a little heat to play more games.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Somebody "keyed" my glass at RMPS! Stay classy Denve

It keys IMO. I worked at a convenience store back in the day and we had a glass counter, and the lotto scratchers made this same kind of mess all over the place.

Guessing too since other machines weren't vandalized, is that its likely someone who you know or knows you.

In the end you can fix or replace the glass, that person who did it, probably won't ever be right. Anyone that can't contain, manage, or ideally resolve a problem and has to express it this way has some serious problems and should get help.

Bummer

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

describe them for me please.

Black, wrap around style. I think they were "Tapout" brand glasses.

#75 6 years ago

PM sent.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's terrible.... What's wrong with people. It gives me pause for thought on bringing machines to a show.
    I wonder if there is any surveillance in that area which might indicate the vandal. It looks like it might
    have taken a while to do that damage, maybe someone snuck in after-hours.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

That's terrible.... What's wrong with people. It gives me pause for thought on bringing machines to a show.
    I wonder if there is any surveillance in that area which might indicate the vandal. It looks like it might
    have taken a while to do that damage, maybe someone snuck in after-hours.

There are cameras thought the show so good Idea.

As for Sneaking in after hours. I watched the lock up procedure while I was doing updates on Saturday night. That place is locked up TIGHT after hours.

#78 6 years ago

snuck in after-hours.

That was my initial thought..it would have taken a good amount of time to do that much to the glass and the place was always packed...

#79 6 years ago

It gives me pause for thought on bringing machines to a show.

FYI, Dan did reach out to me and offer to compensate me for anything that happened. Apparently no other games had any issues so this is just some freak thing that shouldn't put people off from participating next year.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

FYI, Dan did reach out to me and offer to compensate me for anything that happened. Apparently no other games had any issues so this is just some freak thing that shouldn't put people off from participating next year.

Yes, this is a fluke. Don't think twice about bringing games. People are very kind to the owners and respectful of the machines.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

How about us Denver people all chip in and buy the game from Wickerman. We can then donate the game to the Pinball Showdown to be raffled off or given away next year.

Maybe next year that game could be displayed at the hall entrance as a fuck you statement and a show of Pinhead solidarity.

If everyone agrees we should post in this thread the dollar amount pledged to keep a tally not to exceed his price. I'll start off with $100.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

buy the game

Might have a guy lined up to buy this weekend, thanks though.

#83 6 years ago

I like Kim's idea. If your deal falls through I will toss $100 in with Kim.

#84 6 years ago

Im in too PM me if needed

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

"How about us Denver people all chip in and buy the game from Wickerman. We can then donate the game to the Pinball Showdown to be raffled off or given away next year."

Great idea!
    If Wickerman wants to go that route,
    I'm in for one hundred.

#86 6 years ago

That big shot was one of the most resonably priced games at the show, it worked well and looked good. I was eyeing it till I rolled it on my first game, and I have an EM in my stable already.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meatneck:

That big shot was one of the most resonably priced games at the show, it worked well and looked good. I was eyeing it till I rolled it on my first game, and I have an EM in my stable already.

I thought so too! It's not a hard game but it's fun and the play field is perfect.

I think I have it sold pending a pickup in a couple days either way...so the whole fiasco only cost me $100 or so. Probably could've left it the same price.

#88 6 years ago

....Sold!

#89 6 years ago

Congrats!

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-9-11/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.