(Topic ID: 172063)

2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show (June 9-11)!!!

By nwpinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 403 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017 NWPAAS 021 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 020 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 019 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 018 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 017 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 016 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 014 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 013 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 012 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 010 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 011 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 009 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 008 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 007 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UltraPeepi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 6 years ago

My daughter and her boyfriend played Humpty Dumpty split flipper, and were desperately trying to "roll" it. It displays the score using two lights: one behind the 100s of thousands, and the other behind the 10s of thousands. The 100s of thousands only went up to 700,000. So the highest score it could display was 790,000. They managed to get 770,000. We have no pic of it, however, as they were so confident - they were waiting for the 790,000.

I loved Houdini. I think the 15" display in the backbox is brilliantly done. It shows true innovation to NOT follow the trend toward putting the largest display possible into the backbox.

I also liked Aliens. There is a mode where you are supposed to hit certain shots (highlighted one color), and avoid other shots (highlighted by another color). I think you were trying to find Jonesy the cat, while avoid the Alien's acid. I thought that was clever, and a good use of color LEDs.

I think Lexi Lightyear and the P3 system was well done, and very innovative. The ball tracking was slick. However, I wonder if the video playfield will ironically be an achilles heal. Will the novelty wear off when the video starts to be compared to video games instead of other pinball machines? Right now, it compares favorably. But when it becomes a bit dated, will it transition to being seen as "retro"? I suppose that will be determined by the quality of the actual game play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UltraPeepi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-9-11?tu=UltraPeepi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.