(Topic ID: 172063)

2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show (June 9-11)!!!

By nwpinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 403 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017 NWPAAS 021 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 020 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 019 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 018 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 017 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 016 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 014 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 013 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 012 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 010 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 011 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 009 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 008 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 007 (resized).JPG
    There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

As usual the stand-outs were the EMs, I don't know who owns all these amazing refurbished wedgeheads but I wish they'd open an arcade because I'd be there every day! I just love that pure gameplay.

Thank you! That first row of wedgeheads are mine, and there are several other people who contribute their classic EMs every year. I agree this show was one of the best ever, many many thanks to everyone who made it happen!

- TimMe

EMs getting a lot of love Saturday afternoonEMs getting a lot of love Saturday afternoon

#352 6 years ago

Had a great time at the show, although the noise and crowds eventually drive me away it's nice to see so many people, especially young people enjoying the show. I loaned 4 machines to the show and the wonderful transportation guys returned them to me a few hours ago. I was curious on the stats so hurried up and set them back up again.

Golden Arrow - 258 plays
    Pinball Pool - 332 plays, high score 1,073,050
    Cleopatra SS version - 370 plays, high score 495,240
    Solar Ride SS version - 414 plays, high score 321,950

#353 6 years ago

Thank you for the organizers, volunteers and pinheads who brought their pins to the show for the weekend. What a show, had a blast although played really badly (what's new?) in the tournaments. 365 days or so to the next NWPAS!!!

#354 6 years ago

I'll miss the roar of the machines as you walk into the hall...

Quoted from TimMe:

Thank you! That first row of wedgeheads are mine, and there are several other people who contribute their classic EMs every year. I agree this show was one of the best ever, many many thanks to everyone who made it happen!
    - TimMe

If you ever need your garage swept, lemme know...all I ask in return is one more game on 2001! No but really, wow, they're in terrific condition, all you guys did an amazing job.

#355 6 years ago

It was too busy for me to remember to take photos. I really only took one set on Saturday morning.

Both Safe Cracker machines were loaded with 250 brass and 50 nickel plated tokens. Distribution was completely random (tokens placed in the cash box and mixed up). Both tubes were loaded randomly as well. Expected distribution ratio is 5 : 1. Here are the individual statistics for token dispensing.

Machine #1 (red ramps) dispensed 65 brass and 20 nickel plated. One (brass) token was returned. Dispensed ratio 3.25 : 1. Above expected nickel plated.

Machine #2 (clear ramps) dispensed 51 brass and 7 nickel plated. No tokens were returned. Dispensed ratio 7.29 : 1. Below expected nickel plated.

71.5 tokens per machine for 31 hours of doors open is 2.3 tokens per hour. I honestly felt it was more than that.

Congratulations to all that won tokens. Come back next year. Win more!!!

token_tubes1 (resized).jpgtoken_tubes1 (resized).jpg

token_tubes2 (resized).jpgtoken_tubes2 (resized).jpg

#356 6 years ago

Got my nickel token from the vault, fair and square.

Thanks for loading 'em up with commemorative coins! Ed did this at TPF last year as well. Love the idea... really makes it a thrill to take one home.

#357 6 years ago

Caveman made it through the show no worse for wear! I am very surprised as it is completely original.

#358 6 years ago

Were there tokens loaded thursday night? I played and got to the vault, but it didnt spit out a token.

Quoted from DumbAss:

It was too busy for me to remember to take photos. I really only took one set on Saturday morning.
    Both Safe Cracker machines were loaded with 250 brass and 50 nickel plated tokens. Distribution was completely random (tokens placed in the cash box and mixed up). Both tubes were loaded randomly as well. Expected distribution ratio is 5 : 1. Here are the individual statistics for token dispensing.
    Machine #1 (red ramps) dispensed 65 brass and 20 nickel plated. One (brass) token was returned. Dispensed ratio 3.25 : 1. Above expected nickel plated.
    Machine #2 (clear ramps) dispensed 51 brass and 7 nickel plated. No tokens were returned. Dispensed ratio 7.29 : 1. Below expected nickel plated.
    71.5 tokens per machine for 31 hours of doors open is 2.3 tokens per hour. I honestly felt it was more than that.
    Congratulations to all that won tokens. Come back next year. Win more!!!

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

My buddy Welby Bergum went on Saturday evening and stocked up on LED bulbs at the Pinball Bulbs booth.

I tried to buy some color changers. Why the hell would they not bring any?

#360 6 years ago

Fantastic show, so many machines to play. Extremely impressed how smooth the show ran, very organized and medics kept everything up and running. Great to see so many volunteers.

#361 6 years ago

Loved the show and will likely be back next year.

#362 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

I think Welby and J.P. cleaned them out of just about every type/color bulb they had. Welby showed me his fully restocked LED cases he brought back from the show.

#363 6 years ago

I checked my Tommy 20 minutes before 3PM and it had 522 plays. My GB in the Marco booth had 575 plays at 3PM.

#364 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Ya what the hell! Those guys with no color changers are real jerks! Lol

Sorry man I just moved on Tuesday and left on Thursday for show. Forgot a few things. We have the promo codes with same show discount to buy online. Why the hostility when you can still buy for same price?

#365 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Were there tokens loaded thursday night? I played and got to the vault, but it didnt spit out a token.

Tokens were loaded Friday morning just before show opening.

#366 6 years ago

Oh man is my body tired and sore today from break down and loading games. Unloaded my games from one of the trucks around 11:30pm last night and they had to head back down to Tacoma for one last load, those guys worked hard and late! Three of my six games had problems during the show, with help all three were pretty quickly fixed and running again.

It was a really good show, very little drama, massive turn out, not as much break downs as usual and almost everything that broke was fixed by our volunteer tech team rather quickly. With 400 games, I think only a dozen were down at the end of the show, and the show was packed until closing time with people on almost every one of those games. The speakers were great, we had awesome vendors and sponsors, there were so many rad new games and such a depth and variety of games in general.

Thanks so much everyone that attended, volunteered games, volunteered time, and especially those of you that helped with set up, tear down and transportation... I know your bodies are hurting today.

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Thanks so much everyone that attended, volunteered games, volunteered time, and especially those of you that helped with set up, tear down and transportation... I know your bodies are hurting today.

I second this. Thanks to everyone involved to help put on a great show. My hats off to set up, tear down and transportation. You guys rock!!!

#368 6 years ago

Is the show going to be at the Tacoma Convention Center next year? Last I heard the lease was up and renewing it would be too expensive. Just curious!

#369 6 years ago

Was a great show as always. I wish there was more for sale but the market is what it is, you see far more wanted ads than for sale.

#370 6 years ago

It was another awesome show and thanks to the organizers for all of their hard work in putting everything together! This is the 5th year in a row we've come down from Vancouver for the show and we look forward to it every year!

#371 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Is the show going to be at the Tacoma Convention Center next year? Last I heard the lease was up and renewing it would be too expensive. Just curious!

Yes, I think we are one year in on a new contract, but I don't think costs went up with the venue this year.

#372 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Was a great show as always. I wish there was more for sale but the market is what it is, you see far more wanted ads than for sale.

Interesting, every time I looked at the for sale board in the lobby there were more for sale ads than want ads. I thought there seemed like a lot of games for sale this year, along with a lot of deals lined up ahead of time via Pinside and FB groups.

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Interesting, every time I looked at the for sale board in the lobby there were more for sale ads than want ads. I thought there seemed like a lot of games for sale this year, along with a lot of deals lined up ahead of time via Pinside and FB groups.

I just meant in general, I didn't even know about the board in the lobby
    I only saw two games on the floor with For Sale on them, but I only went Sunday maybe others had sold.

Also obviously there is nothing the show can do about what is for sale, just went down hoping to find something.

#374 6 years ago

thanks to everyone that helped put it on and all the medics fixing machines and all the other help behind the scenes. I was only there for the Friday but enjoyed it a lot.

#375 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I just meant in general, I didn't even know about the board in the lobby
    I only saw two games on the floor with For Sale on them, but I only went Sunday maybe others had sold.
    Also obviously there is nothing the show can do about what is for sale, just went down hoping to find something.

Oh for sure, it's just up to what people bring, but the for sale board was packed with like 20 for sale listings on Friday and a bunch of games said they were for sale, the Rich Bros had half a dozen for sale, and people had been posting about games for sale here and on the FB groups NW Pinball Classifieds and West Coast Pinball Collectors. I feel like there were 30-40 pins that changed hands this weekend. I think maybe we need a more centralized way to get the word out, maybe a for sale forum on the website, which we are just about to revamp.

#376 6 years ago

My daughter and her boyfriend played Humpty Dumpty split flipper, and were desperately trying to "roll" it. It displays the score using two lights: one behind the 100s of thousands, and the other behind the 10s of thousands. The 100s of thousands only went up to 700,000. So the highest score it could display was 790,000. They managed to get 770,000. We have no pic of it, however, as they were so confident - they were waiting for the 790,000.

I loved Houdini. I think the 15" display in the backbox is brilliantly done. It shows true innovation to NOT follow the trend toward putting the largest display possible into the backbox.

I also liked Aliens. There is a mode where you are supposed to hit certain shots (highlighted one color), and avoid other shots (highlighted by another color). I think you were trying to find Jonesy the cat, while avoid the Alien's acid. I thought that was clever, and a good use of color LEDs.

I think Lexi Lightyear and the P3 system was well done, and very innovative. The ball tracking was slick. However, I wonder if the video playfield will ironically be an achilles heal. Will the novelty wear off when the video starts to be compared to video games instead of other pinball machines? Right now, it compares favorably. But when it becomes a bit dated, will it transition to being seen as "retro"? I suppose that will be determined by the quality of the actual game play.

#377 6 years ago

Humpty Dumpty and the flipperless pool one next to it were surprisingly addictive.

#378 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh man is my body tired and sore today from break down and loading games. Unloaded my games from one of the trucks around 11:30pm last night and they had to head back down to Tacoma for one last load, those guys worked hard and late! Three of my six games had problems during the show, with help all three were pretty quickly fixed and running again.
    It was a really good show, very little drama, massive turn out, not as much break downs as usual and almost everything that broke was fixed by our volunteer tech team rather quickly. With 400 games, I think only a dozen were down at the end of the show, and the show was packed until closing time with people on almost every one of those games. The speakers were great, we had awesome vendors and sponsors, there were so many rad new games and such a depth and variety of games in general.

I know it's probably too much for what's going on during the show but I'd love a report log for any issues the machines experienced during the show if the medics had to fix it, so I can know what went wrong and hopefully fix it permanently if it's a reoccurring issue. At home my machines just don't get beat on enough for me to find every issue, but a show like this is great. For example, Black Hole has a couple places where the ball can get stuck. If we play 10 games and it happens once, we don't think much of it. If it was happening all the time at the show, that'd be good to know and fix to prevent it next time.

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Ya what the hell! Those guys with no color changers are real jerks! Lol
    Sorry man I just moved on Tuesday and left on Thursday for show. Forgot a few things. We have the promo codes with same show discount to buy online. Why the hostility when you can still buy for same price?

No hostility and appreciate your booth and games every year. Just left me scratching my head. Yes i can order them, but made it a point to wait for the show so i didnt have to wait for the shipping. Doh, my bad!

#380 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

No hostility and appreciate your booth and games every year. Just left me scratching my head. Yes i can order them, but made it a point to wait for the show so i didnt have to wait for the shipping. Doh, my bad!

We're in Oregon, shipping is only 1 day

#381 6 years ago

Just wanted to pile on too.

This was my second year. Drove from Idaho and went by myself last year. Had a friend in Seattle that came for one day. I had such a great time, had to come back again this year. This time brought my GF, had another friend from Seattle join us Saturday and the friend from last year attended Sunday along with his 8 year old son. We had a great time. We spent a week in the Seattle area and did a lot of great stuff but this was the highlight. Even my GF who was planning to do other things on Saturday bagged her plans to go an additional day at the show.

My thanks to all the volunteers, donors, vendors and attendees who make this such an awesome event. You are all great bunch of people and my group really appreciates all you do!

Thanks,

#382 6 years ago
    Quoted from UltraPeepi:

I think Lexi Lightyear and the P3 system was well done, and very innovative. The ball tracking was slick. However, I wonder if the video playfield will ironically be an achilles heal. Will the novelty wear off when the video starts to be compared to video games instead of other pinball machines? Right now, it compares favorably. But when it becomes a bit dated, will it transition to being seen as "retro"?

It was awesome that Lexy made it this year! Keep in mind though that part of the innovation of this system is the ability to swap in game modules. Lexy video content might feel dated though in comparison to future games on the system with crazy graphics--that's certainly possible. I can't wait to see the next full game on this system

#383 6 years ago

For those that missed it - here's a quick video of the developer playing the homebrew pin2k. Hard to see everything, certainly better in person. If he keeps working on it this year it should be playing pretty good if he brings it next time I imagine.

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

For those that missed it - here's a quick video of the developer playing the homebrew pin2k. Hard to see everything, certainly better in person. If he keeps working on it this year it should be playing pretty good if he brings it next time I imagine.
    » YouTube video

Thanks for posting that!

#385 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

» YouTube video

I really like seeing the homebrew projects come along. The pot pin was fully developed with artwork that we saw as whitewoods before. I'm excited to see what the rollerderby and steam punk ones look like next year.

Also, the two homebrewed vids, the Asteroids Deluxe one and the Helio Sequence one, were surprisingly good!

#386 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh for sure, it's just up to what people bring, but the for sale board was packed with like 20 for sale listings on Friday and a bunch of games said they were for sale, the Rich Bros had half a dozen for sale, and people had been posting about games for sale here and on the FB groups NW Pinball Classifieds and West Coast Pinball Collectors. I feel like there were 30-40 pins that changed hands this weekend. I think maybe we need a more centralized way to get the word out, maybe a for sale forum on the website, which we are just about to revamp.

How about having a future swap meet / flea market like at the allentown show? Might be difficult due to the downtown location vs. the fairground setting at Allentown.

#387 6 years ago

Amazing that it goes from packed house to this in a matter of hours!! Volunteers were breaking down games at 3:01

..until next year!

IMG_3901 (resized).JPGIMG_3901 (resized).JPG

#388 6 years ago

What's with the sad lonely GoT?

#389 6 years ago
    Quoted from kahlerm:

How about having a future swap meet / flea market like at the allentown show? Might be difficult due to the downtown location vs. the fairground setting at Allentown.

This has come up quite a few times. The basics:
    -We'd love to have one if someone wants to volunteer to organize and run it
    -It can't be onsite at the Convention Center, all vendors have to be registered, all sales taxed
    -So it would need to be in a nearby parking lot or someplace that could be rented cheaply, which there might be, like maybe the $1 all day parking lot about 2 blocks uphill from the Convention Center

If anyone wants to take this on investigating it and running it, the show would be open to it. But no existing volunteers have the bandwidth to add that much work on top of what they are already doing.

#390 6 years ago

Here's a nice little video one of the gaming and event bloggers put together with a bunch of footage from the show:

#391 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Here's a nice little video one of the gaming and event bloggers put together with a bunch of footage from the show:
    » YouTube video

Cool vid.
    Saw myself in there @ 1:45 playing Top card

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Saw myself in there @ 1:45 playing Top card

Now i might recognize you if we finally meet up today when Nic visits Salem.

#393 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

» YouTube video

I'm playing Lexy... with the Comet Pinball shirt on... in the Pinball Bulbs booth... whoops...

1 week later
    #394 6 years ago

For point of reference my Met Pro had 578 plays for the weekend! had a great time, be back next year!

#395 6 years ago

419 on sopranos -- 500ish seems to be average except maybe the brand new titles? Guess it depends a lot on ave game time too

#396 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Caveman made it through the show no worse for wear! I am very surprised as it is completely original.

Well, it was down for a few minutes for the anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator install.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#397 6 years ago

2017 NWPAAS 001 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 001 (resized).JPG

2017 NWPAAS 002 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 002 (resized).JPG

2017 NWPAAS 003 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 003 (resized).JPG

#398 6 years ago

2017 NWPAAS 004 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 004 (resized).JPG

2017 NWPAAS 005 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 005 (resized).JPG

2017 NWPAAS 006 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 006 (resized).JPG

#399 6 years ago

2017 NWPAAS 007 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 007 (resized).JPG

2017 NWPAAS 008 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 008 (resized).JPG

2017 NWPAAS 009 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 009 (resized).JPG

#400 6 years ago

2017 NWPAAS 011 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 011 (resized).JPG

2017 NWPAAS 010 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 010 (resized).JPG

2017 NWPAAS 012 (resized).JPG2017 NWPAAS 012 (resized).JPG

There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-9-11/page/8?hl=ultrapeepi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.