(Topic ID: 172063)

2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show (June 9-11)!!!

By nwpinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 403 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017 NWPAAS 021 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 020 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 019 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 018 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 017 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 016 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 014 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 013 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 012 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 010 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 011 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 009 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 008 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 007 (resized).JPG

There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 6 years ago

Dialed In!

IMG_5050 (resized).JPGIMG_5050 (resized).JPG

#302 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I highly recommend booze in your hotel room

Oh yes, I intend to do so.

#303 6 years ago

Just arrived!

IMG_3844 (resized).JPGIMG_3844 (resized).JPG

#304 6 years ago

Making stealthy fixin's... *shhhh*

IMG_2093 (resized).JPGIMG_2093 (resized).JPG

#305 6 years ago

The show just opened!

IMG_5093 (resized).JPGIMG_5093 (resized).JPG

IMG_5097 (resized).JPGIMG_5097 (resized).JPG

IMG_5095 (resized).JPGIMG_5095 (resized).JPG

IMG_5101 (resized).JPGIMG_5101 (resized).JPG

IMG_5102 (resized).JPGIMG_5102 (resized).JPG

IMG_5103 (resized).JPGIMG_5103 (resized).JPG

IMG_5104 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_5104 - Copy (resized).JPG

IMG_5104 (resized).JPGIMG_5104 (resized).JPG

IMG_5105 (resized).JPGIMG_5105 (resized).JPG

IMG_5106 (resized).JPGIMG_5106 (resized).JPG

IMG_5107 (resized).JPGIMG_5107 (resized).JPG

IMG_5108 (resized).JPGIMG_5108 (resized).JPG

#306 6 years ago

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show will be streaming all speakers live on Twitch and YouTube gaming!

https://www.twitch.tv/nwpinballarcadeshow
    https://gaming.youtube.com/balliswild

Facebook live stream will hopefully be up later tonight.

Schedule:
    Friday
    2:00-2:45 - Dave Okert & David Shoemaker - NVRAM For Pins & Vids
    2:45-3:00 - Dave Okert & David Shoemaker - Scan Line Generator For LCD's
    3:30-4:30 - Dave Okert & David Shoemaker - Wizard Of Oz Pinball Troubleshooting & Repairs
    5:00-6:00 - John Trudeau & Greg Freres - Q & A With Pinball Legends
    8:00-9:00 - Tim Kitzrow - AKA Mr. Boomshakalaka - The Voice Of Many Classic Arcade, Pinball & Console Games Speaks

Saturday
    11:00-12:00 - Joe Balcer - Pinball Designer, American Pinball (The Simpson's Pinball Party, Apollo 13, South Park, Star Wars Trilogy, Starship Troopers, Houdini)
    12:30-1:30 - John Youssi - Pinball Artist (Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, Whirlwind, Funhouse, White Water)
    2:00-3:00 - Jersey Jack, Butch Peel & David Thiel - Jersey Jack Pinball Update
    3:30-4:30 - Mark Ritchie - Pinball Designer (Indiana Jones, Taxi, Diner, Fish Tales, Sorcerer, Police Force)
    5:00-6:00 - Steve Ritchie - Pinball Designer (Star Trek: The Next Generation, AC/DC, High Speed, Black Knight, Terminator 2)
    8:00-9:30 - Bill Carlton Movie Screening & Discussion

Sunday
    1:00-2:00 Closing Ceremony

#307 6 years ago

Pics of the two attack from mars remakes in nitros booth please........
    ... one might be heading to me after the show

#308 6 years ago

I CANT WAIT!!!!

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

The show just opened!

Hey, I got my picture taken, I'm famous!

Quoted from toasterman04:

Pics of the two attack from mars remakes in nitros booth please........
    ... one might be heading to me after the show

They're unbelievably gorgeous. The inserts look like candy.

IMG_3371 (resized).JPGIMG_3371 (resized).JPG

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Hey, I got my picture taken, I'm famous!

They're unbelievably gorgeous. The inserts look like candy.

Ohhh my gosh!!!! It looks amazing!!! I have never seen one in the flesh before! Only on pinball arcade. Tommy from nitro was telling me how beautiful they are..... and yah it sure looks impressive! Can't wait to get it! Might have to plan to come to the show next year.... sure looks like a great event!!! Very jealous of everyone going!

#312 6 years ago

Ohhh my gosh!!!! It looks amazing!!! I have never seen one in the flesh before! Only on pinball arcade. Tommy from nitro was telling me how beautiful they are..... and yah it sure looks impressive! Can't wait to get it! Might have to plan to come to the show next year.... sure looks like a great event!!! Very jealous of everyone going!

IMG_3416 (resized).JPGIMG_3416 (resized).JPG

#313 6 years ago

I saw the LE version at TPF. The topper is unbelievable.

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

» YouTube video

EEEEEEEEEEE....... that ain't right!!!!

#316 6 years ago

Thanks!!!!! I feel so connected right now!!!!

#317 6 years ago

Played a couple games on the AFMr and I agree - absolutely gorgeous! These should sell like like crazy.

#318 6 years ago

Thanks!!!!! I feel so connected right now!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA .... pinball works in mysterious ways!!!

#319 6 years ago

A lot of amazing EMs! Gorgeous play fields, dialed in really nicely. Loved being able to play the flipperless and Humpty Dumpty, and of course scored a coin from Safecracker.

3AD47EDC-CBD3-4738-AD6A-72539F6FAE91 (resized).jpg3AD47EDC-CBD3-4738-AD6A-72539F6FAE91 (resized).jpg

0BF005FA-9E3C-4103-ABC4-4984777C3F63 (resized).jpg0BF005FA-9E3C-4103-ABC4-4984777C3F63 (resized).jpg

E306A2A2-FC89-41A1-9F1D-BE0CE560064D (resized).jpgE306A2A2-FC89-41A1-9F1D-BE0CE560064D (resized).jpg

2AAC7AB3-1DC0-408C-BA42-149489367447 (resized).jpg2AAC7AB3-1DC0-408C-BA42-149489367447 (resized).jpg

89C4812C-873A-4D0F-A122-060AF0B24082 (resized).jpg89C4812C-873A-4D0F-A122-060AF0B24082 (resized).jpg

50EBD8CB-8005-4FB1-8899-270A32E2E6EB (resized).jpg50EBD8CB-8005-4FB1-8899-270A32E2E6EB (resized).jpg

EA565450-9384-4251-90F7-A76FC45FCEEC (resized).jpgEA565450-9384-4251-90F7-A76FC45FCEEC (resized).jpg

C973E117-4F0D-47F5-A18F-78ADC8D9C3C1 (resized).jpgC973E117-4F0D-47F5-A18F-78ADC8D9C3C1 (resized).jpg

290C5F28-97EF-42A3-ABAD-1346B571637F (resized).jpg290C5F28-97EF-42A3-ABAD-1346B571637F (resized).jpg

1C32050A-B244-46F6-BD42-C1A5129AE245 (resized).jpg1C32050A-B244-46F6-BD42-C1A5129AE245 (resized).jpg

#320 6 years ago

Just left the show Lexy Lightspeed, Alien, Houdini, Aerosmith, Batman 66, Attack FromMars, Dialed In...
    The list goes on and on. Thank you to all the volunteers who put this show on and contribute their games.

#321 6 years ago

Where is this after party? It's 1030 and I'm worried

#322 6 years ago

WOW!!!! What an amazing lineup!!!! That caveman looks amazing

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

A lot of amazing EMs! Gorgeous play fields, dialed in really nicely. Loved being able to play the flipperless and Humpty Dumpty, and of course scored a coin from Safecracker.

Aw man, I seriously cannot get Roller Disco to keep those pop bumpers lit brightly. Thought I fixed it too!

#324 6 years ago

I played your The Shadow and Black Hole. I'm going to try your Roller Disco tomorrow. Thank you for bringing them!

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

I played your The Shadow and Black Hole. I'm going to try your Roller Disco tomorrow. Thank you for bringing them!

Black Hole has a pretty rough field due to previous owner DIY touch ups (tried to cover wear with some kind of glue?), but we just cleaned it up and waxed it so hopefully it's playing nice!

#326 6 years ago

Aliens meh, clunky. Houdini pretty cool, really hope all goes well for these guys. Afmr is a beautiful looking game. Aerosmith premium, not sure about but that upper playfield with 3" flipper is awful. Dialed in is good but jjp just doesn't do it for me.

#327 6 years ago
    Quoted from enkiktd:

Black Hole has a pretty rough field due to previous owner DIY touch ups (tried to cover wear with some kind of glue?), but we just cleaned it up and waxed it so hopefully it's playing nice!

Playing well enough for me to get both G force acceleration on the same ball. Pity I sucked and didn't capitalize on the scoring opportunity.

I'll go back and take a closer look. What I did notice was the ball moving off the window in the main level. A little disconcerting to see the ball (at low velocity) move in different directions from its path.

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Playing well enough for me to get both G force acceleration on the same ball. Pity I sucked and didn't capitalize on the scoring opportunity.
    I'll go back and take a closer look. What I did notice was the ball moving off the window in the main level. A little disconcerting to see the ball (at low velocity) move in different directions from its path.

The window might be slightly raised due to age as well. It wasn't super well maintained before I got it and we were able to clean it up a little, but I haven't messed with the window and the glue "fixes" make me sad. We still love it though!

#329 6 years ago

Man, what a great show! I'm sad I was only able to go yesterday (weekend worker) but I had a great time. Got to play both Alien and Houdini once, both a little clunky but neat to play (video effects on Alien were amazing, great use of the big screen) and a game of AFMR, which is probably the prettiest pinball machine I've ever seen. The inserts look like Dots candy and the overall use of lighting is just really stunning. As usual the stand-outs were the EMs, I don't know who owns all these amazing refurbished wedgeheads but I wish they'd open an arcade because I'd be there every day! I just love that pure gameplay.

#330 6 years ago

I think there's a conspiracy the past two years at the show. Someone sneaks in and leans 25% of the games to the left. That said, cool show! Marco's pit was f'ing amazing. I'm not a Stern owner, so I can't speak to people's complaints about maintenance / reliability but after having been mostly out of the hobby for a while, as a player to me it seems they've really improved 100%. Don't know if it was just Marco dialing everything in or what, but those were tight, fun and awesome machines.

Dialed In was pretty neato, probably the most fun I've had on a JJP. The theme actually really works. Confirmed to myself that while Hobbit is really cool looking, it is dead flat fall asleep level boring. :-/ It would be a shame if JJP takes a hit on Dialed In for trying something so new and cool.

Despite the listing, Spooky was not there. Maybe they're coming today?

The AFM remakes are fucking jaw dropping. I'm not actually a fan of the game, but those could change my mind. Wow. Funny thing is, flanked by Alien and Houdini I never saw more than one person in line to play them.

Played Alien twice. I thought it was pretty damn fun. By the end of the day it was already having problems though. It's certainly more fun than either JJP wide body, and it LOOKS really cool. Without sound it felt dead, but I'm such a nerd I could run my own effects in my head while playing. Screen integration seems really great. Sitting next to that pair of AFMs though makes it a huge ask. If I was Heighway, or what's left of it, that is not exactly the merchandising set up I would have chosen.

Best in show for me was that Lucie AC/DC. Holy mother of god.

Thanks to the folks who run / organize for another great day. Not sure if I'll head back or not, but if I do, see you there.

#331 6 years ago

I know, I'm so tempted to leave work early and ride the bus all the way back down for a second round.

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

I know, I'm so tempted to leave work early and ride the bus all the way back down for a second round.

You're not looking too good. Are you catching a cold? You better head home so you don't spread it at work.

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

You work all year -- shows only 3 days a year..

#334 6 years ago

Some homebrews -- cool to see them coming along! Greenout -- impressive work in the last year!

IMG_3888 (resized).JPGIMG_3888 (resized).JPG

IMG_3889 (resized).JPGIMG_3889 (resized).JPG

IMG_3835 (resized).JPGIMG_3835 (resized).JPG

IMG_3837 (resized).JPGIMG_3837 (resized).JPG

IMG_3838 (resized).JPGIMG_3838 (resized).JPG

IMG_3839 (resized).JPGIMG_3839 (resized).JPG

#335 6 years ago

Are both those remakes using 'genisis'? Lol is gensis that bad of a game hat the only way to make it good is a retheme?

#336 6 years ago

I agree on the beauty of the AFMr machines played them a few times, was nice with no line just had to cut through the middle of the Houdini and Alien lines. I am an AFM fan and would love to have one of the remakes, but hopefully they have an option to turn down the brightness on the inserts, I could hardly look at it without going blind, very bright. Houdini and Alien were both fun as well, but I didn't feel like waiting in line again.

#337 6 years ago

Are both those remakes using 'genisis'? Lol is gensis that bad of a game hat the only way to make it good is a retheme?

As far as I know those are both from scratch.

#338 6 years ago

Houston, we have a problem...

0610171353 (resized).jpg0610171353 (resized).jpg

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

As far as I know those are both from scratch.

All from scratch. Steampunk Royale, Rollergirlz and Tattoo Mystique are all the work of Brian Cox. Tattoo Mystique is complete while the other two are running an interactive attract mode. Giving players the chance to shoot the game and enjoy the layout as part of the first time these games have been out and on s show floor.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#340 6 years ago

Which pinball place by the convention center will have the most pins with the fewest people around 11:30?

#341 6 years ago

Later tonight we are going to be down at the Fab Lab cutting some playfields and drinking some beer. If you want to stop by and see what CNCing playfields is all about, we will be there around 9 or 9:30. Bring your show arm bands or lanyards. 7 Seas beers. Yum.

1938 Market St
    Tacoma, WA 98402
    United States

FabLabTacoma.com

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#342 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Houston, we have a problem...

That's me and a friend looking at Houdini right after it crashed when we were just about to play it for the second time today. Fortunately, it was restarted shortly afterwards and we got another enjoyable game in.

I think it looks and plays great and consequently, is definitely on my future purchase consideration list!

My thanks to Nitro Pinball for bringing it to the show (along with Alien and AFMR)!

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's me and a friend looking at Houdini right after it crashed when we were just about to play it for the second time today. Fortunately, it was restarted shortly afterwards and we got another enjoyable game in.
    I think it looks and plays great and consequently, is definitely on my future purchase consideration list!
    My thanks to Nitro Pinball for bringing it to the show (along with Alien and AFMR)!

Yeah, I enjoyed playing it!!! That catapult is about the coolest thing I have seen in pinball in a while!

#344 6 years ago

Unexpected highlight -- up from Portland a custom pin2k game. Amazing 3d printing work, awesome half pipe ramp with horizontal targets at apex with a magnet mech as well. Hope to see it further along next year - way cool!

IMG_3892 (resized).JPGIMG_3892 (resized).JPG

IMG_3894 (resized).JPGIMG_3894 (resized).JPG

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Unexpected highlight -- up from Portland a custom pin2k game. Amazing 3d printing work, awesome half pipe ramp with horizontal targets at apex with a magnet mech as well. Hope to see it further along next year - way cool!

Thanks for pictures. Did you happen to grab any video?

#346 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Thanks for pictures. Did you happen to grab any video?

I'll go over there and see if it's still running. It's not really running much code right now and a bit dark for video but I'll see

Edit -- got the guy who built it to run thru 3 balls on video. Will upload when I get wifi prob tomorrow

#347 6 years ago

I heard Saturday was really packed. So how was attendance this year? I didn't go.

#348 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Nice find. I didn't notice the game until I saw it in this thread and went over to check it out. The prints were really nice

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I heard Saturday was really packed.

Was a great show and yes it was packed on Saturday...Sunday very busy right up until they turned off the machines. I'd be surprised if this wasn't record setting attendance.

Hats off again to the amazing technical support at the show. I noticed just a few arcade games dark and only a couple pins at the end of the show.

I took just one machine this year...my High Speed and it worked fine all weekend.

#350 6 years ago

My buddy Welby Bergum went on Saturday evening and stocked up on LED bulbs at the Pinball Bulbs booth.

There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-9-11/page/7?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.