(Topic ID: 172063)

2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show (June 9-11)!!!

By nwpinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 403 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017 NWPAAS 021 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 020 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 019 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 018 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 017 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 016 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 014 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 013 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 012 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 010 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 011 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 009 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 008 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 007 (resized).JPG
    There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
    #251 6 years ago

We are hosting an after party Saturday night at the Fab Lab Tacoma. Stop by the booth for details.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#252 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

After party at The Triple Knock this year. Its on 6th street in Tacoma. If you dont get enough pinball at the show, head down at play till 2am.

Good thing, 11:30 is way too early

#253 6 years ago

Flip flip is great but not sure they have any ems.. same with 8bit ?

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

8 bit had a couple last I was there a couple weeks ago, both were turned off, did not inquire as to why.

#255 6 years ago

Looks to be a bit cooler this year in Tacoma 50~62f & probably rain.

#256 6 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

It was meant to be a surprise - for the most part. This was mentioned at show planning meetings but not widely publicized.
    Full disclosure: these are international size (30mm) tokens but they are not as thick as the original. They were minted with this incorrect thickness and it is too late to mint the proper thickness. Next year's token will have this corrected. Another reason why it wasn't widely publicized (not sure it would be correct and in time for the show).
    These will be for sale if you don't want to spend some time trying to win one from the Safe Crackers. Purchase is aimed more at the general public for a momento as I don't expect the general public to connect the token to Safe Cracker.
    I will likely have some surplus so if you're interested in a little more than a handful (but not a big handful) come find me.

Iron or gold?
    I will pay the iron price for one of those tokens!

#257 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Ffdd had a Buccaneer last time I was there.

#258 6 years ago
    Quoted from bitternerd:

Ffdd had a Buccaneer last time I was there.

8bit has no em's. F2d2 has a super gorgeous buccaneer.

#259 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Looks to be a bit cooler this year in Tacoma 50~62f & probably rain.

Yeah!! Will feel less guilty being inside the whole weekend

#260 6 years ago

Plane has landed, the fun begins tomorrow morning!

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from bitternerd:

Iron or gold?
    I will pay the iron price for one of those tokens!

There are both brass (gold) and nickel plated (iron). There are more brass than nickel plated. I suspect that nickel plated will be more popular than brass (but I have no evidence to support than claim).

#262 6 years ago

Last night I joined Kayla and Graham and we recorded the latest Skill Shot Pinball Podcast! It was a lot of fun, we talked a bunch about the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, local pinball news, general pinball discussion, movies and more!

https://soundcloud.com/skillshotseattle/50-wakkawakkawalking-to-nwpas

Skill Shot pincast (resized).jpgSkill Shot pincast (resized).jpg

#263 6 years ago

Hey, look what just arrived! There will be 2 dozen new in box games arriving today and tomorrow, most of them straight from Stern!

New Sterns (resized).jpgNew Sterns (resized).jpg

#264 6 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

There are both brass (gold) and nickel plated (iron). There are more brass than nickel plated. I suspect that nickel plated will be more popular than brass (but I have no evidence to support than claim).

Cool! But I was just making a GOT reference. I meant i will try to earn one by playing, paying for one not as fun. A Greyjoy does not pay gold for his trinkets!!

#265 6 years ago

Going to miss the show second year in a row. Last year a few days before show some idiot hit me on my motorcycle in a roundabout and hurt me bad. Fast forward this year, Tuesday of this week I fell off a ladder and broke my foot. I hope everyone has a great time I envy you guys. Maybe next year.

#266 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Going to miss the show second year in a row. Last year a few days before show some idiot hit me on my motorcycle in a roundabout and hurt me bad. Fast forward this year, Tuesday of this week I fell off a ladder and broke my foot. I hope everyone has a great time I envy you guys. Maybe next year.

Wow, what bad luck! I think I'd still come with a broken foot if I could roll around on one of those little knee carts with a cast or boot on.

#267 6 years ago
    Quoted from bitternerd:

Cool! But I was just making a GOT reference. I meant i will try to earn one by playing, paying for one not as fun. A Greyjoy does not pay gold for his trinkets!!

Sorry. I don't watch GOT so I had no idea.

#268 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Hey, look what just arrived! There will be 2 dozen new in box games arriving today and tomorrow, most of them straight from Stern!

Please tell me one of those boxes has a Star Wars pin in it...

#269 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Wow, what bad luck! I think I'd still come with a broken foot if I could roll around on one of those little knee carts with a cast or boot on.

I thought about that but the thought of someone bumping into it makes me cringe.

#270 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I thought about that but the thought of someone bumping into it makes me cringe.

Yeah, I'm sure you are still in the pain stage. A few weeks out you will be in less pain and antsy to get out of the house and do stuff.

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Please tell me one of those boxes has a Star Wars pin in it...

I can tell you that the Marco booth with have 17 brand new Stern production pins on freeplay the entire show, including two of the newly announced AD/DC Vault Editions. But as of last week, it didn't sound like they had a Star Wars prototype ready in time to bring one to the show.

#272 6 years ago

The Marco Booth Stern line up will include:

2 Ghostbusters PREM
    1 Ghostbusters PRO
    4 Batman PREM
    1 Met Prem
    1 Met Pro
    2 GOT Pro
    1 Aerosmith PREM
    1 Aerosmith PRO
    1 Spiderman Vault
    2 AC/DC Vault

#273 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

The Marco Booth Stern line up will include:
    2 Ghostbusters PREM
    1 Ghostbusters PRO
    4 Batman PREM
    1 Met Prem
    1 Met Pro
    2 GOT Pro
    1 Aerosmith PREM
    1 Aerosmith PRO
    1 Spiderman Vault
    2 AC/DC Vault

Add to that my KISS pro. I offered to Marco to add to the lineup since they didn't have any to bring.

#274 6 years ago

I'll be participating in Jersey Jack's seminar with Jack and Butch at 2:00PM on Saturday. I posted a teaser of the assets I'll be using. It's about 48 seconds long. Come on down the show is always great and we try to make the seminars fun.

ddt

#275 6 years ago

This is great!

#276 6 years ago

Transport truck RM reporting in

IMG_3815 (resized).JPGIMG_3815 (resized).JPG

#277 6 years ago

Nice! We're truck 3. Now if I can get tonight's pick up to respond, we can get rolling!

Getting my machines ready. Here's NOS Interflip Dragon... yes, that's the wrap coming off from the 70's! This guy has been in hibernation since then...

IF-Dragon (resized).jpgIF-Dragon (resized).jpg

#278 6 years ago

Chris and Ed just picked up my games for the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show this weekend. I rolled them down to the street for a quick and easy pick up, then popped open a beer and waited for about 15 minutes for the truck to arrive. In those 15 minutes about 50 cars and trucks slowed way down to check out the games, 2 people took photos, 3 people asked if they were for sale, and I ended up meeting one of my neighbors who also moved into the neighborhood in January. It turns out his friend collects arcade games and is going to the show, I gave him a flyer and I think talked him into coming with his 3 year old daughter, who was playing Ms Pacman with no power while we talked and loving it. Load in with Chris and Ed went easy and it's the first time I'd met Ed, so we got to rap a little, Chris I've known since the 90s punk and garage rock scene but have re-connected with in the past year over collecting pinball games. So awesome, I love the community the helps put on the show and I love exposing my neighbors to my hobby when I let my games go out in the wild!

IMG_5029 (resized).JPGIMG_5029 (resized).JPG

#279 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

...it didn't sound like they had a Star Wars prototype ready in time to bring one to the show.

That's really too bad, with Steve, Dwight, and Jerry, all present and doing seminars, would have been perfect to show off the game.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#280 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

That's really too bad, with Steve, Dwight, and Jerry, all present and doing seminars, would have been perfect to show off the game.

Agreed. And then there is always that thing where they say it isn't going to happen and then Friday night of the show I get asked to help sneak a game in under a blanket and it's the top secret show debut of a new game. Which has happened at our show with Wizard of Oz, Magic Girl and a few others. People like to do big stealth reveals at the Northwest show, so you never know.

#281 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Agreed. And then there is always that thing where they say it isn't going to happen and then Friday night of the show I get asked to help sneak a game in under a blanket and it's the top secret show debut of a new game. Which has happened at our show with Wizard of Oz, Magic Girl and a few others. People like to do big stealth reveals at the Northwest show, so you never know.

This would be epic. My friend and I are really looking forward to attending. We were told this was a bucket list show to attend.

#282 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

This would be epic. My friend and I are really looking forward to attending. We were told this was a bucket list show to attend.

This year especially since it's the 10th year. Seriously, you saw the speaker line up right? Has there ever been a show with a more epic speaker lineup? Everyone in the pinball industry is going to be in Washington this weekend.

#283 6 years ago

Pinside meetup?

#284 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

This year especially since it's the 10th year. Seriously, you saw the speaker line up right? Has there ever been a show with a more epic speaker lineup? Everyone in the pinball industry is going to be in Washington this weekend.

Yea not sure how you pulled it off. We'll make sure to buy you a drink if we can find you this weekend.

I think I asked this earlier but I cannot seem to locate it. Any good pizza or bar food (nachos, burgers, wings) places close to the convention center that you would recommmend?

#285 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Yea not sure how you pulled it off. We'll make sure to buy you a drink if we can find you this weekend.
    I think I asked this earlier but I cannot seem to locate it. Any good pizza or bar food (nachos, burgers, wings) places close to the convention center that you would recommmend?

In the far right tab on the show website, there is a drop down menu with Restaurants on it that pulls up a nice Google map with a bunch and links to their Yelp reviews. My personal favorite places:

1. The Swiss - 2-3 blocks from the venue. Old school Tacoma bar with liquor, good beer selection, good pub grub, big space. Sometimes have bands and cover Friday and Saturday night, lots of people hit this place for lunch and dinner.

2. The Harmon Brewery - 3 blocks from the venue. Local craft brew chain, higher end pub food and lots of good beers. Another popular place.

3. Rock Wood Fired Pizza - 3 blocks from the veneu. Cheesy rock'n'roll theme on everything, crazy drinks in buckets with shovels (I saw Todd MacCulloch put down two and he was pretty drunky funny), their own microbrews, pretty decent pizza.

4. Social - 5-10 minute walk over the freeway skybridge towards the water. Fancier, but they have a kick as happy hour food menu and pitchers of Sangria.

5. Dorky's Barcade - It's a good 15 minute walk or quick Lyft/Uber. Big barcade and food.

6. Eleven Eleven - Old school dive bar with killer sandwiches and a bit of a punk and metal feel to it. Strong drinks. About a 5 minute drive.

7. The Red Hot - Best beer selection in town for craft beers, especially smaller Northwest breweries. A bunch of good and weird fancy hot dogs. My buddies own this place, it's pretty popular. About a 10 minute drive.

8. The Triple Knock - Pinball bar! Right near the Red Hot. Lots of restaurants and bars in this area on 6th.

9. The Valley - Sports bar with great food specials and strong drinks. About a 10 minute drive. They have some crazy bucket of clams deal.

There are a ton more places, these are the ones I know and like. I'd love to hear other people's recommendations!

#286 6 years ago

Oh, I found a pretty good coffee, breakfast and sandwich place kitty corner the Marriot on the side opposite the Convention Center last year. I got breakfast and coffee there each morning.

#287 6 years ago

Here is our crew from the very first show we did in 2008 at the Seattle Center 10 years ago! We've come a long way and have a much bigger crew these days!

2008 crew (resized).jpg2008 crew (resized).jpg

#288 6 years ago

On my way there. Can't wait.

20170608_105626 (resized).jpg20170608_105626 (resized).jpg
    20170608_101142 (resized).jpg20170608_101142 (resized).jpg

#289 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

5. Dorky's Barcade - It's a good 15 minute walk or quick Lyft/Uber. Big barcade and food.

Don't go to Dorky's.

#290 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

3. Rock Wood Fired Pizza - 3 blocks from the veneu. Cheesy rock'n'roll theme on everything, crazy drinks in buckets with shovels (I saw Todd MacCulloch put down two and he was pretty drunky funny), their own microbrews, pretty decent pizza.

3 buckets will get you downright sh!/^#ty.

#291 6 years ago

I hath arrived.

20170608_140849 (resized).jpg20170608_140849 (resized).jpg
    20170608_140833 (resized).jpg20170608_140833 (resized).jpg

#292 6 years ago

Does Seattle have a liquor store in the airport or is there one close to the convention center? What is the policy for the show? Is outside liquor okay?

#293 6 years ago

Alien has landed!

#294 6 years ago

Currently enroute. I hit all four of the aforementioned barcades... appreciate the navigation tips!

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Does Seattle have a liquor store in the airport or is there one close to the convention center? What is the policy for the show? Is outside liquor okay?

Liquor is everywhere in WA
    Even at grocery stores.

No beverages allowed outside of this food drink area, alcoholic or non.

FYI show "food" is not good, but decent food within walking distance

#296 6 years ago

Been waiting for this -- look what arrived.. teaser shots

IMG_3823 (resized).JPGIMG_3823 (resized).JPG

IMG_3824 (resized).JPGIMG_3824 (resized).JPG

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Don't go to Dorky's.

Why?

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Liquor is everywhere in WA
    Even at grocery stores.
    No beverages allowed outside of this food drink area, alcoholic or non.
    FYI show "food" is not good, but decent food within walking distance

It's a pretty professionally run Convention Center, which means no outside booze. There is beer and wine and pretty bad cafeteria type food. I highly recommend booze in your hotel room and drinking at The Swiss and Harmon Brewery if you want to get your drink on between gaming.

#299 6 years ago

Set up is going well, the hall is getting filled with games, most the vendors have arrived, I just played my first games of Dialed In and liked it a lot. Tomorrow is gonna rock.

So Larry from Starship Fantasy had his RV catch on fire and get destroyed on his drive here. His trailer of stuff and he and his dog are safe and they were able to rent a truck to get his merch here and we could set him up in a room, but he would love clothes (socks, XL shirts, L underwear) and basic stuff like a toothbrush and toothpaste if anyone is feeling generous to help him out when they come Friday. He lost everything in his RV. Crazy. Buy lots of stuff from him, let's help him out!

#300 6 years ago

P3 Lexi Lightspeed

IMG_5052 (resized).JPGIMG_5052 (resized).JPG

There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-9-11/page/6?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.