(Topic ID: 172063)

2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show (June 9-11)!!!

By nwpinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 403 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017 NWPAAS 021 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 020 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 019 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 018 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 017 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 016 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 014 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 015 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 013 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 012 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 010 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 011 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 009 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 008 (resized).JPG
    2017 NWPAAS 007 (resized).JPG
    There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 7 years ago

the Rich Bros will have an arcade/pinball booth again this year! Lots of parts for arcade and pins, bringing a bunch of pins and arcade games to the show for sale as well.

#102 7 years ago

Birch don't make us ask, what games ? Maybe we can find buyers before you get there.

#103 7 years ago

We are still putting the list of games together, there will be a Bally Mystic, possibly a Xenon, possibly a Speakeasy. Might have a couple more lined up before then but I don't want to jinx anything. My brothers are bringing games as well, not sure what yet, I have heard maybe a Stern Meteor, Evel Kneivel, Rob Zombie in box.
    We all have a bunch of parts to bring, too much to list. I am bringing arcade games to the show as well, seems to be a revolving door right now, possibly a Capcom big blue, NBA jam, NFL blitz, just depends on how next few weeks go.
    Stay tuned we will post updated game list before show, it's always good to get some deals out of the way before the show, but it's always fun to contribute games to the show for people to play.
    -Bryce

#104 7 years ago

bringing,
    new in box Rob zombie
    Bally 1991 Harley Davidson pre sample
    evil Knievel
    meteor

#105 7 years ago

I've got a California handshake on all of it...

#107 7 years ago

If you are heading to Norwescon this weekend, you just might find a few classic games on freeplay courtesy of NW Pinball & Arcade Show volunteer Todd!

17833986_10211828394039792_1097702322913397944_o (resized).jpg17833986_10211828394039792_1097702322913397944_o (resized).jpg

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I've got a California handshake on all of it...

like the $1500 earthshaker deal, lol

#109 7 years ago

California handshakes are the only kind of deals Bryce makes.

#110 7 years ago

The NWPAS Satellite Pinball Tournament Series is your opportunity to win your way to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show June 9th-11th, 2017, at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center. The series has kicked off strong, we already have 21 different winners of packages after just three events, with many different skill levels represented!

For only a $10 entry, you can win a package that includes weekend pass, entry into both Main Match Play and PinGolf tournaments. If you are a woman winner, your prize package will include an entry into the Northwest Women's Pinball Championship at NWPAS, which is the largest women's tourney in the nation and has an ALI pinball machine courtesy of NITRO PINBALL as the top prize! If you're not ranked in the IFPA top 2000, you also get an entry into the Rookie & Amateur tournament on Sunday of the event. This is a $115+ value, and we give one package away for every 7 players at each tournament, and guarantee one of those packages to a player eligible for the Rookie & Amateur tournament.

There is also a WIN GUARANTEE! If you play in at least seven of the satellite tournaments and you don't win one of those $115 prize packages, we will still give you the weekend pass, a $65 value! What have you got to lose? Come out and play this week! And next week! And the week after! And all of May until the show!

Upcoming events are the following:

Castle Crush at Another Castle
    5-Round Match Play, no playoffs, so done by 11pm.
    Friday April 21, 8pm
    ALL AGES!!

Renton Rumble at 8-Bit Arcade
    Match Multi-Play, play multiple games at once!
    Tuesday April 25, 8pm.
    100% IFPA Graded, which means lots of WPPR towards state ranking!

Phinney Ridge Meet at The Goat,
    Doubles (Two Player Teams)
    Sunday April 30, 8pm.
    Restricted Tourney: No players in IFPA top 250.
    Maximum one top 1000 player per team.

Times listed represent when registration closes. Get there half-hour before to guarantee yourself a spot, as some of these events can sell out. Click on the name of the tournament for additional details on that event. Or go to the NWPAS Tournament Website: http://nwpas.wapinball.net

Details on the May tournaments are on the website. Those tournaments take us to Add-a-Ball, Shorty's, Narwhal, Lucky Liquor, back to 8-Bit Arcade and Flip Flip Ding Ding, and our first trip to Another Castle Bremerton! We are hosting satellite pinball tournaments at most of the regional arcades leading up to the June show, more details to follow!

#111 7 years ago

Want to buy new playfield glass at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show? JP can hook you up, he's got great prices:

"I HAVE NEW SAFETY GLASS FOR PINBALL MACHINES. IF YOU NEED A SIZE NOT LISTED, I WILL BE DOING A ORDER BEFORE THE NORTHWEST PINBALL SHOW, SO I CAN ORDER IT FOR YOU IF I DON'T HAVE IT. YOU CAN ALSO ORDER AND PICK UP AT THE SHOW FROM ME JUNE 9 - 11.

21 X 41 1/2 BALLY METAL FRAME - 25 EACH
    21 X 43 STANDARD SIZE - 25 EACH
    22 3/4 X 43 WPC WIDE BODY - 35 EACH
    27 5/8 X 43 WIDE BODY - 35 EACH
    27 1/2 X 431/4 WIDE BODY - 35 EACH

JP 206 246 2385"

#112 7 years ago

Will any vendors be selling PDI, Invisiglass, or the new Stern glass at the show to avoid shipping costs?

#113 7 years ago

While I don't know for sure yet because vendors are still coming on board, it's doubtful. Do you know of any vendor that sells it at shows? I'm under the impression none do. It would be cool if Marco starts to now that Stern has their own version, avoiding the shipping costs would definitely make it more doable for a lot of people, me included!

#114 7 years ago

Seminars and Speakers!

Speaker schedule for the 2017 show! This may change slightly, if so updates will follow. The speaking area is to the left of the registration desk in the lobby where the stage, curtains and chairs are set up. Feel free to sit in on as many repair workshops and speakers as you wish!

Friday
    2:00-2:45 - Dave Okert & David Shoemaker - NVRAM For Pins & Vids
    2:45-3:00 - Dave Okert & David Shoemaker - Scan Line Generator For LCD's
    3:30-4:30 - Dave Okert & David Shoemaker - Wizard Of Oz Pinball Troubleshooting & Repairs
    5:00-6:00 - John Trudeau & Greg Freres - Q & A With Pinball Legends
    8:00-9:00 - Tim Kitzrow - AKA Mr. Boomshakalaka - The Voice Of Many Classic Arcade, Pinball & Console Games Speaks

Saturday
    12:30-1:30 - John Youssi - Pinball Artist (Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, Whirlwind, Funhouse, White Water)
    2:00-3:00 - Jersey Jack, Butch Peel & David Thiel - Jersey Jack Pinball Update
    3:30-4:30 - Mark Ritchie - Pinball Designer (Indiana Jones, Taxi, Diner, Fish Tales, Sorcerer, Police Force)
    5:00-6:00 - Steve Ritchie - Pinball Designer (Star Trek: The Next Generation, AC/DC, High Speed, Black Knight, Terminator 2)
    8:00-9:30 - Bill Carlton Movie Screening & Discussion

Sunday
    1:00-2:00 Closing Ceremony & raffle drawing for new Stern Batman '66

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

While I don't know for sure yet because vendors are still coming on board, it's doubtful. Do you know of any vendor that sells it at shows? I'm under the impression none do. It would be cool if Marco starts to now that Stern has their own version, avoiding the shipping costs would definitely make it more doable for a lot of people, me included!

No, I don't know of any vendors, but it's a topic of interest among Pinsiders to buy this kind of glass at a local show.
    Not sure why regular glass is always available (which I have bought at the Tacoma show before), but not the specialty glass.

Oh well, keep up the good work, I'll be going for the 7th? year in a row.

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

Will any vendors be selling PDI, Invisiglass, or the new Stern glass at the show to avoid shipping costs?

Fishbeadtwo might know...

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

No, I don't know of any vendors, but it's a topic of interest among Pinsiders to buy this kind of glass at a local show.
    Not sure why regular glass is always available (which I have bought at the Tacoma show before), but not the specialty glass.
    Oh well, keep up the good work, I'll be going for the 7th? year in a row.

Let's down Few buckets at the Rock again.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Let's down Few buckets at the Rock again.

And down them like shots ...

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

No, I don't know of any vendors, but it's a topic of interest among Pinsiders to buy this kind of glass at a local show. Not sure why regular glass is always available (which I have bought at the Tacoma show before), but not the specialty glass.

I think the answer is regular tempered glass can be made locally and there are a few locals that have good glass shop hookups and get quantity discounts. PDI/Invidiglass isn't produced locally and have pretty tightly controlled retail outlets that only sell it online.

If anyone can find a hookup for buying it cheaper when you order quantity and combined shipping, I personally would volunteer to handle doing a bulk order. I did that for legs and leg bolts recently buying nearly 2K in parts for 20 people from Pinball Life and it worked out pretty smoothly, we all got cheaper parts because of the quantities and combined shipping. It was kind of a pain, but I'd do it again.

#120 7 years ago

Just moved to the Seattle area from Texas and the wife and I are excited to check out the Northwest Pinball Show for the first time. Looking forward to meeting all the new folks and having as much fun as we've had at TPF.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from GSones:

Just moved to the Seattle area from Texas and the wife and I are excited to check out the Northwest Pinball Show for the first time. Looking forward to meeting all the new folks and having as much fun as we've had at TPF.

Welcome to town! There is a local list-serve called Washington Pinball Crazies you might want to join if you are interested in things like game repair parties or getting involved in the show in the future. A lot of the organizing type emails to the collector community go out through WPC and it's arcade counterpart SMAC. Pinball is huge here, as I'm sure you are finding out with how many barcades, tournaments, leagues, etc. there are.

This is a great map for local pinball too: https://pinballmap.com/seattle

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Welcome to town! There is a local list-serve called Washington Pinball Crazies you might want to join if you are interested in things like game repair parties or getting involved in the show in the future. A lot of the organizing type emails to the collector community go out through WPC and it's arcade counterpart SMAC. Pinball is huge here, as I'm sure you are finding out with how many barcades, tournaments, leagues, etc. there are.
    This is a great map for local pinball too: https://pinballmap.com/seattle

Thanks for the info. Once we get settled in to the new house we'll have more time to explore the pinball scene up here. It really seems to be in high gear (no pun intended ha ha).

#123 7 years ago

If another collector is willing to transport northwards from the Portland, Vancouver, or the vicinity, I offer my fully restored EBD "Classic" for free play again.
    This game has been on display before over the past 15 years since the Medford, OR days long before Seattle Center or even the Tacoma dome.
    The game, however, is not for sale.
    I will be present on Thursday for setup, and perhaps Saturday as well.

Photos of the game, can be found here:

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

If the pinball gods are with us and if we´re lucky timewise Tommy from Nitro Amusements will be there and might have a few sheets of my glass (Roman´s glass) aka PDI glass in his bags.
    Please get in touch with him if interested for further information.

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

If the pinball gods are with us and if we´re lucky timewise Tommy from Nitro Amusements will be there and might have a few sheets of my glass (Roman´s glass) aka PDI glass in his bags.
    Please get in touch with him if interested for further information.

Thsnks MagicJumpi ! On the hunt..

#126 7 years ago

Can someone describe or point to a URL that describes the process of bringing games; e.g. when's the setup and last day to sign up etc.
    Thanks!

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Can someone describe or point to a URL that describes the process of bringing games; e.g. when's the setup and last day to sign up etc.

http://nwpinballshow.com/volunteer/games

#128 7 years ago

Set up is all of Thursday 7am-10pm and last minute stuff can happen Friday 7am-11am before the show opens, tear down is Sunday after the show ends. If you volunteer 3 or more games and are within an hour of the venue, we can pick up your games, we rent a bunch of trucks and have volunteers that drive and pick up games, this works great for big collections.

And we need everyone's games! That's what makes the show happen. There are a bunch of incentives for bringing games, beyond helping put on the show:

The incentives for self-transported games:
    1-2 Machines = 1 weekend pass, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    3-4 Machines = 2 weekend passes, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    5-9 Machines = 4 weekend passes, a tshirt, 10 $1 raffle tickets, 1 $20 raffle ticket (New Stern Pinball Machine)
    10+ Machines = We would like to know what you would like + a $50 gift certificate to any Show vendor!

The incentives for games we transport:
    3 Machines (minimum) = 1 weekend pass, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    4-7 Machines = 2 weekend passes, 10 $1 raffle tickets
    8-12 Machines = 4 weekend passes, a tshirt, 10 $1 raffle tickets
    13+ Machines = We would like to know what you would like. + a $50 gift certificate to any Show vendor!

There is a form to volunteer games and an email address on the website for Toby, who handles the game lists. There are a lot more details that go out if you've volunteered games closer to the show to give advice and answer questions. But if you have any specific onces, also feel free to ask them here. While I mostly do promotions and sponsorships for the show, I've brought my games for the past 10 years and help with set up and break down, so I'm familiar with the whole process.

#129 7 years ago

Oh, I don't think either of the deadlines for show transported games or self-transported games has come out yet, but usually show transported games have a deadline of 3-4 weeks before the show so they can figure out all the routes. Self-transported games if you just want to bring a few or handle your own truck/trailer really can be volunteered up until a couple days before the show. Although it's nice to know the games earlier, people pour over the online game list looking for what games will be there. And we are trying to layout the Steve Ritchie games together this year to have a "Ritchie Row."

#130 7 years ago

There may also be staging areas in different locations that may be close to you. I think the staging areas are yet to be defined. They can change from year to year. If you transport machines to the staging areas they can get loaded on the trucks as well.

#131 7 years ago

I'll should be headed from sodo to northgate with one of the trucks Wednesday as well if it works to swing by for a quick pickup of one or two games

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I'll should be headed from sodo to northgate with one of the trucks Wednesday as well if it works to swing by for a quick pickup of one or two games

Which reminds me, I need to bring you back the show dolly, blankets and straps Mike!

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Which reminds me, I need to bring you back the show dolly, blankets and straps Mike!

Yeah I was thinking about that as well ha! -- was going to grab them before the show from u but anytime works.

#134 7 years ago

We're still early in the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show Satellite Series, but don't wait to start participating, so that you can take advantage of our Win Guarantee! Take multiple shots in different events to win an NWPAS package that includes the weekend pass and entries into tournaments. But our guarantee is that if you play in 7 or more events of the series, and you don't win a package, we'll still GIVE you the weekend pass! And with 9 events remaining, still plenty of time to earn your way to the show even if you've yet to play one.

So come by 8-bit in Rentorn tomorrow, then The Goat on Greenwood on Sunday as our next two events!

#135 7 years ago

Second to last pinball show planning meeting! We really have a large group of great volunteers that put on this yearly non-profit show!

IMG_4431 (resized).JPGIMG_4431 (resized).JPG

#136 6 years ago

Updated speakers for the show!

2017 Speakers for website (resized).jpg2017 Speakers for website (resized).jpg

#137 6 years ago

Marco Specialties has been a sponsor of the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show since our early years. We are thankful for their support and partnership and we are happy to have them back again this year! Their booth is always packed with the latest Sterns and this year will be no exception, the line up will include:

2 Ghostbusters Premiums
    1 Ghostbusters Pro
    3 Batman Premiums
    1 Metallica Premium
    1 Metalllica Pro
    2 Game of Thrones Pros
    1 Aerosmith Premium
    1 Aerosmith Pro
    1 Spiderman Vault Edition

Marco logo (resized).jpgMarco logo (resized).jpg

#138 6 years ago

32 teams, 64 players in all, took part in the Phinney Ridge Meet: NWPAS Satellite Doubles Tournament this weekend in what was more of a party than a competitive atmosphere. Congratulations to brothers Mark and Paul Williams for their victory, the father-daughter team of Stephen and Chelsea Rakonza with their 2nd place finish, as well as all the other winners of packages to the 2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show!, including Brett Wolfe, Sean De Tore. Maureen Hendrix, Heather Loudon, Neil Kubath and Nigel Colbert. Many thanks to the awesome hosts tonight, the staff of The Goat on Greenwood for their great hospitality and coming up with enough raffle prizes so that everyone in the tourney walked away with something!

Next stop in our tournament series is Add-a-Ball Amusements Bar & Arcade on Thursday for the Babes in Pinland NWPAS Satellite Tournament (for women only), then open to all Skill Shot presents: Belltown Brawl on Sunday at Shorty's, as we quickly cross the half-way point of the NWPAS Pinball Tournaments Satellite series!

111goat (resized).jpg111goat (resized).jpg

#139 6 years ago

Pinball and arcade collectors, we need your help! The 2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is taking place in 6 weeks and we need our community to support it by bringing games!

If you volunteer 3 or more games and live within our pick up range, we can pick your games up from your house. To submit your games online go to: http://www.nwpinballshow.com/volunteer/games

If you've brought games before, it probably already knows your address, games and autofills some of your info. It's snazzy! If you prefer email your game list or have a problem with the form, Toby is your guy, he maintains the game list and you can email him at: [email protected]

The incentives for self-transported games:

1-2 Machines = 1 weekend pass, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    3-4 Machines = 2 weekend passes, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    5-9 Machines = 4 weekend passes, a tshirt, 10 $1 raffle tickets, 1 $20 raffle ticket (New Stern Pinball Machine)
    10+ Machines = We would like to know what you would like + a $50 gift certificate to any Show vendor!

The incentives for games we transport:

3 Machines (minimum) = 1 weekend pass, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    4-7 Machines = 2 weekend passes, 10 $1 raffle tickets
    8-12 Machines = 4 weekend passes, a tshirt, 10 $1 raffle tickets
    13+ Machines = We would like to know what you would like. + a $50 gift certificate to any Show vendor!

Thanks everyone! Please volunteer games and make this year's show awesome!

-The NW Pinball & Arcade Show board and the 100+ volunteers that make this show happen!

#140 6 years ago

TONIGHT! NWPAS visits Add-a-Ball Amusements Bar & Arcade for a Women's Only pinball tournament!

Win passes and tournament entries to 2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show! as well as lots of raffle prizes to be drawn! $10 Entry, or only $5 entry if you have 3 or less IFPA-sanctioned tourneys played! Registration closes at 8:30pm.
    Details at: https://www.facebook.com/events/234699033601509/

#141 6 years ago

We had 36 players in last night's first all-women Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show satellite tournament!

Kelsie Sherman-Hall came out on top, Lauren Aquino, Amber Marie Simon, Mika Rollin, and Umboon Moore all tied for second, so all five won a NWPAS Tournament Prize Package, which included a weekend pass to the 2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, an entry into the Northwest Women's Pinball Championship at NWPAS, and entries into the Match Play and PinGolf tournaments. Kelsie, Umboon, and Amber also received entries into the Rookie-Amateur tournament. Congratulations to all of these winners and thanks to everyone that came out to play!

Our next satellite event is co-sponsored by Skill Shot! It's the Belltown Brawl at Shorty's, this Sunday at 8pm. See you there!

women's tournament (resized).jpgwomen's tournament (resized).jpg

#142 6 years ago

Any chance of getting an Mario kart arcade game for the show?

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Any chance of getting an Mario kart arcade game for the show?

I don't know of anyone local that has one. The game list is pretty much at the mercy of local collectors and what they volunteer to bring or have us pick up and then the vendors and pinball and arcade companies for the newest games. For new arcade games I think we are going to have that new giant Space Invaders Frenzy that Raw Thrills just put out and a couple of the Pac Man 4 players, along with hundreds of classic arcade games. But I can ask around and see if anyone has a Mario Kart they'd bring!

#144 6 years ago

It sounds like the Nitro booth will have Alien, Houdini and PDI glass. All things people have been hoping for at the show!

#145 6 years ago

I think nitro going to have dialed in too?

Maybe ground kontrol will lend their Mario kart

#146 6 years ago

QuarterWorld has the better new one than gk

Atlas I don't see either place loaning out their games

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I think nitro going to have dialed in too?
    Maybe ground kontrol will lend their Mario kart

Jjp should bring dialed in I would think.. prob will be crazy busy though

#148 6 years ago

In case someone needs regular tempered playfield glass... he said he will deliver to show

seattle.craigslist.org link

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Jjp should bring dialed in I would think.. prob will be crazy busy though

While I haven't heard official word on it, I'm sure Jersey Jack will have a Dialed In at the show since he, Butch and David Thiel will be speaking and he always gets his latest games to our show... WOZ's first public appearance was debuting here, we snuck it in under a blanket to keep everyone in the dark.

#150 6 years ago

The list of speakers and special guests for the 2017 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show keeps getting longer and more awesome! We are happy to announce Dwight Sullivan will be returning to the show this June!

Dwight Sullivan is a senior game developer for Stern Pinball who also designed software for Williams back in it's heyday. His resume includes games like Star Trek: The Next Generation, Ghostbusters, Simpsons Pinball Party, Game of Thrones, Revenge from Mars, Champion Pub, Terminator 3, Pirates of the Caribbean, Stern Star Trek, The Sopranos and Lord of the Rings.

Dwight Sullivan (resized).jpgDwight Sullivan (resized).jpg

There are 403 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-northwest-pinball-arcade-show-june-9-11/page/3?hl=hughesdforce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.