Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DocRotCod
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171020_182151 (resized).jpg
    20171020_103409 (resized).jpg
    20171020_140226 (resized).jpg
    20171020_120120 (resized).jpg
    20171020_003901 (resized).jpg
    20171020_003719 (resized).jpg
    20171020_003756 (resized).jpg
    20171020_003438 (resized).jpg
    20171020_003222 (resized).jpg
    20171020_003115 (resized).jpg
    20171019_201919 (resized).jpg
    20171019_201841 (resized).jpg
    20171019_152502 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4740 (resized).JPG
    20171021_015156 (resized).jpg
    20171021_125414 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

They are sold out, and I just called them on the phone. Guess i'll try again next year.

There are two hotels in easy walking distance. Great rates at both of them.

Also, is the event hotel completely sold out? Or is it just rooms at the discount event rate that are no longer available?

1 week later
    #86 6 years ago

What is the VIP chill room at HAAG? Trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money to be a show sponsor. The person giving the hug may also be a factor in that:

http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/tickets/

Quoted from 85vett:

Tigerlaw, do you recall the name of those that were close?

I can't recall but I've had friends stay there every year. It's a well know chain. I've texted one of my friends that stayed there last year and asked. There are at least two hotels in easy walking distance I recall.

#88 6 years ago

I might have asked this already but is a TNA going to be at the show this year?

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Discount tickets and tee shirt orders END today at noon!
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/tickets/

Just got my order in for two passes, shirt, and the discount tourney entry. I'll be looking for the chil room.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

It's not 100% confirmed, but I've heard Keith may have one of the first sold, and will be bringing it. Fingers crossed it happens.

Gosh, let's hope so! Are you in on TNA SunKing?

#98 6 years ago

Are there going to be food trucks at HAAG this year? Just curious as I remember this being discussed at some point. Thanks!

#102 6 years ago

I never recall food trucks at this show. There is a really good BBQ place in easy walking distance.

I've never seen them there and yes the pace next door is awesome BBQ and there are good restaurants across the highway...but food trucks are so gosh darn convienent and affordable.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

It's there a lottery for who gets stuck in the elevator this year?
    --Jeff

Two years in a row we had people stuck in it right? Hopefully they are both working this time. Last year only having one elevator was a major bummer.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

The burger is decent, the pizza is good and I seem to recall a grilled chicken sandwich that was okay. Couple other dishes

Yea, the restaurant in the hotel is okay, I just wish they would upgrade the bar tender. He's been there forever and he may be the slowest bar tender I've ever encountered.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I'll spend at least one meal at the Twin Peaks across the highway. Their pot roast is outstanding. Really.

For sure. Twin Peaks has outstanding food. I'll be watching the LSU v Ole Miss game there Saturday.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

If hassellcastle tells you to get in the elevator, run!

I think the Moncla Mafia has been stuck in that elevator back to back years...so absolutely don't ride in it with those guys.

#111 6 years ago

So, who all is "in" for the LSU v. Ole Miss game on Saturday at Twin Peaks? We got some Tiger fans going to HAAG this year that want a few hours away to watch the game?

#118 6 years ago

I'll probably arrive at the hotel around 11pm on Thursday night. Gosh I'm ready to get this party started!

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from rccola777:

so the Hotel is opening up the secondary bar in the main corridor. Also, I am making arrangements for a/some food truck(s) for both nights. This has been tough because of the short notice, so if anyone of you know a food truck owner that might be interested, please let me know.

Both points are awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The side bar is faster and a food truck would be way better. Thank you!!!!!

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

It would be cool to be able to put our coolers in there save some walking for going to get an adult beverage from the room.

100%. A safe place to store coolers would be amazing...I'm bringing a cooler this year.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from rccola777:

the hotel is giving us the business room for our private use (as the VIP/Chill room). It is in the outside corner where the 2 hallways meet on the ground floor, so it will be very close. We're not quite sure how the access will work, but we'll know tomorrow.

Have I mentioned recently this is my favorite show? Seriously. TPF is great and all but HAAG is always an absolutely 100% blast.

Being able to keep some coolers in the VIP chill room would just make it all the better!!!!

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You only like it better because it's closer to Lake Charles.

Not going to lie, that's a huge plus!

#151 6 years ago

PavBall and I are getting close. Should arrive by 1am or so.

IMG_5787 (resized).JPGIMG_5787 (resized).JPG

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Or come in the back gate.

They had the back gate closed to entrance last night around midnight. I had to come up a technically closed road.

I suggest everyone get their cars here as early as possible. The Texas department of transportation is using the hotel lot to secure their vehicles over night. I estimate there are 40 of their large trucks eating up spots. That substantially reduces the number of parking spaces. Should be fine if you get here early.

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Lastly, the Saturday night band, Consotium of Genius was perfect! They totally rocked the house for all ages

Hands down. Phenominal band and really fits in well with the spirit of HAAG. I hope they return next year for sure, glad they had them in the main room.

Quoted from Nevus:

Despite the hotel really not putting its best foot forward this year, the show overcame and it was a great time

I agree. They will get through the construction issue next year. I like how laid back that hotel is, and gosh the elevators were great this year. Noticeable difference from years past.

#191 6 years ago

Any one know what Phil Grimaldi’s pinside handle is? Please PM it to me. Just want to ask him a friendly HAAG related tourney question. Thanks.

#197 6 years ago

The venue has not been changed in many years. Next year might be at a new venue

I know people were frustrated this year with the construction right at the entrance to the hotel, hurricane refugees, and Texas department of transportation issues. That said, all of those issues should be concluded for next year.

The hotel is pretty laid back. No one turning off your machines at the stroke of midnight or looking at what brand of beer you are carrying in your hand to see if you bought it from the hotel. Those seem like small things, but part of the fun of HAAG is its party atmosphere so I hope that if it moves it is to another laid back venue...that’ll let the party continue till 3am.

It’s nice having the run of a hotel. We have that at the current location (just had a lot of peculiar events this year complicating matters).

2 weeks later
    #205 6 years ago

Yea, i figured, but my wife and i were just talking about how much fun we had so thought I’d throw it out there.

#208 6 years ago

I'll check with Keith soon though to see what's happening

I hope y'all get that mad scientist band again. They were awesome!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-houston-arcade-expo?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.