(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eggs4sale.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#479 6 years ago

Super late to the party - really really stoked about this especially after how last year went down. May collect mold sitting in front of the Black Knight 2000 machine - I've been waiting 20 years to press that magna save. I'm more than interested in meeting up with some locals; never able to make it to the league days as a spare. Blonde with a rotating Iron Maiden shirt. Please introduce yourself!

Jeff

1 week later
#535 6 years ago

2017 Western Canadian Pinball Championship
https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=18403

#549 6 years ago

I'd like to get yegpin opinions about Aliens instead of weeding through the main thread.

I went to yegpin on a mission to play that machine as I'd convinced myself that I would finally commit the insane amount of coin required to get a NIB game.

First off - I had zero complaints about the missing parts. No complaints about the scoring being shit and wonky. This was really a non issue for me. My main qualification for this game was flow. I need flow. I'm a flow machine player. I've read many posts about how this thing flows - how long do I have to play it to find that??

By Sunday I had some going but only via a couple of shots. I was so stoked to play this damn game and now here I sit with the feeling that there is no way I commit to a game that didn't fill my needs.

Did the game need more angle to it? It seemed like I could have walked over and got beers and I'd still be waiting for something to happen. That ball float was a big turn off for me. Some shot were fast but then I'd get all this time to wait for the ball back on others. Really liked how hard some shots were; really enjoyed the Jonesy mode (half second orange flicker - very cool) but.. flow... where was it?

Dammit I'm at a crossroads big time. I got coin for ONE game and here I am leaning hard for a Star Trek again. Dialed In was really really fun but the $ is nuts. That Hobbit machine - was I the only one who got quickly bored playing that?

Yes - I was all in on buying the Black Knight 2000 until I demolished it (waited 20yrs to play it again) and realized it posed no challenge anymore. Fantastic machine btw.

#550 6 years ago

The Aerosmith that was set up next to BM66 - was it a pro or LE+?

#584 6 years ago

Anyone else get any time on Dialed In? I did and had a lot of fun on it.

#605 6 years ago

Deep, well thought out points. Lightning Dude was about the only thing I didn't like about it - then again I am not a fan of moving objects on pins so no surprise there. I get the reason for the long ball times but at least I wasn't bore to shit like The Hobbit. I intentionally had zero idea how to play any of the brand new games. I've had games grow on me but I usually know pretty quick when a game just isn't for me.

I also forgot how ridiculous Demolition Man was.
One of the neatest things I discovered was the reverse flipper action on Black Belt.
My daughters freaked out when the T-Rex ate the ball on Jurassic Park.
Was grateful to be able to hear the amazing soundtrack on Black Knight 2000 on Sunday morn prior to the warm ups.
Huge fan of how the box multi-ball starts by pushing the balls up on to the play field on Aerosmith.

Thanks to everyone who contributed a game and their time to the event!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eggs4sale.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017?tu=eggs4sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.