(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago

Looking forward to it again! It was a blast last year, and it was fun to meet and hang out with all the out of towners who came out for the show.

#14 7 years ago

They just need to bring SO MUCH invisiglass lol

3 weeks later
#57 7 years ago

I mentioned this to you last year derek, but if we are doing ticket-style entry into the competition play, it would be cool if the lanyard sleeve had a ticket slot on it. I understand with laminated stuff that can be annoying, but it would be pretty awesome. I hated fumbling in my pocket looking for the right ticket and hoping I didn't lose any of that precious cargo.

As for pinside handles, just put a blank section on the lanyard and give us a sharpie. That will also give me a chance to draw dicks on everyone elses lanyards while they are not looking

3 months later
#263 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

This was my best score did I come close

First thing I did when I got your STLE was reset the high scores. There was no way I was going to feel good about myself or my playing with those still up there haha.

3 weeks later
#332 7 years ago

Well, there goes my chances at being champ

#346 7 years ago

I'm going to do so bad in the nitro tourney lol.

#353 7 years ago

Hell yeah! I like having some diversity in it

3 weeks later
#466 6 years ago

I hope to win absolutely nothing, but get pretty sauced and have a good time. Aim low, shoot low, and occasionally stumble backwards in a drunken stupor and hit the mark.

2 weeks later
#598 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I was so glad (as is my bank account) that I did not see Dialed In as a long term game to keep. Definitely a game for the casual play / family / kids more than a real intense shooters game. I found there was no real punishment for missing shots. You miss a shot and you still make a shot or many shots. Also found the guy floating across to charge your cell phone got old real fast.
I did have some satisfying games, beat theme, lots going on and would play it for fun once in awhile for sure but not the fast action, shooters game I really like. Felt sorry for the people behind me because it has the JJP patented "endless ball time feature" too. Lol

Quoted from Fytr:

Agree completely. Loooooong ball times. The lame lightening bolt guy that moves in front of the flippers is cringe-worthy. That alone would keep me from buying this game. I can see that they are not targeting me, however, and it is certainly a rewarding and fun game for casual players, kids, etc. Like what JJP they are doing with the tech, systems, etc. Wish they'd make at least one kick-ass "Steve Ritchie" style game that was unforgiving and adrenaline inducing though.

I find it really interesting how polarizing some games are (whether it be because of theme, flow, ball times, etc), and I'm no stranger to that myself (I think TAF is a garbage game, probably one of the most unpopular opinions on pinside lol), but I wouldn't view DI as any more of a casual/kids/etc game than The Hobbit in terms of actual gameplay. The theme is definitely more on the kid-friendly side, but as far as shots and gameplay go, I don't think it's a casual game at all. Honestly, casuals don't enjoy the complex games with lots of shots. Casuals like my ST and LOTR because they are simple fan-shot layouts. In my experience, as soon as you add in tunnels, subways, hidden shots, upper playfields, obstacles, etc, they lose interest because it's too hard for them to understand what to shoot at (even with my explanation).

I don't disagree that the game has long ball times, but I think everyone needs at least one of those in their collection.
As for endless ball time and casual shots, it's the same as Hobbit. I hated it when I first saw it, and when I first played it last year at YEGPin (I thought it was a boring, slow, floaty mess with terrible geometry), but once I played libtech 's machine, properly set up as a shooters game, I wanted one myself. With JJP you can change coil strengths so that a higher angle is still viable, which makes the game a lot more aggressive. I don't think DI feels as floaty as TH, and I like that it has less dead space in the pf, so I think set up properly in a home environment it will be a pretty solid shooters game. Yeah, it will still have long ball times, but like I said, I don't really see that as an issue.

I also am not a big fan of the lightning bolt guy, so I'm going to use flexible filament in my 3d printer to replace him with a big floppy dick when I get mine. I think it will really tie the ridiculous theme together. Just need to figure out how to get some custom sounds in the machine ("look out for that big cock!" "eeeek! a penis!" etc)

#604 6 years ago

That's a solid point about the elements not immediately tieing together, I think their intent was that the phone tied things together (hence why I think they ended up sticking with Dialed In and not Quantum City).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.