(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 7 years ago

And boom goes the dynamite

#84 7 years ago

Alien for sure!!! And I can't wait to play the Big Lebowski too.. there are a few on the list I'm stoked to play as well...pretty much counting down the days til May! Haha

#85 7 years ago

Only 127 more 420's if you're counting them too dirk ! Hahah

#95 7 years ago

So you entered the ladies and kids tournament?!? No one got suspicious? Hahah..how'd ya do?! (Jussst kidding!)

#98 7 years ago

Simple solution is dont buy tickets you dont need. That's the same if you try and buy up all the tickets for a concert.. you can't get your money back from ticketmaster after you tried getting rid of them to your friends or family. Kind of weird to buy extra tickets AND complain about the price too!

#104 7 years ago

Give em an inch..they try and take a mile!

#105 7 years ago

No confirmation.. but this may be a photo of last year's v.i.p. party!

5857624_std (resized).jpg5857624_std (resized).jpg

#114 7 years ago

I'm loving the games list and already and can't wait to play some classics..centaur & 2 paragons !! Gonna leave there wanting a solid state game. Scrap that.. I could leave there with a pin! Haha

#116 7 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has a list of last year's pins?!

#119 7 years ago

Awesome video man.. i was hoping a list of what to expect would help curb my enthusiasm...but that just made it worse! Haha..so many games! Holy sheeet, i cant wait!

#125 7 years ago

..the single malt selection at the chateau louise hotel is amazing! Cant wait to sip some scotch!

1 week later
#145 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If there are any "kind" (I hate myself for doing air quotes) pinsiders attending, we should arrange something at 4:20pm Saturday

Only 110 more 420's to go DirkDiggler ... looking forward to buying a sheet of invisiglass from the Nitro crew!

2 weeks later
#170 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

- The museum is working with us very closely with us to make sure that this event is amazing for all of you. Here are some photos from our new location.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#180 7 years ago

My buddy picked up a vip ticket! Might only be a 2 left peeps!! & here is to hoping a big lebowski is on the floor!

#186 7 years ago

Less than 3 months away!! Wooot. Cant wait to meet some new peeps off pinside & i have one question... is it ok to trade tourny entries fir shots of scotch at chateau louise?!

#188 7 years ago

Hahah.. not quite what i had in mind! Dammmit!

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hardcore punk icons The Decendents are playing Union hall Wednesday May 3rd.
Might have to add a couple days to the trip

Pretty sure you just added two days to our trip!
Thanks DD

#197 7 years ago

One of my buds coming with has an authentic Joey Shithead denim vest! I'm not a punker but I know joey wears it on a few album covers...Maybe he'll wear it for the tourneys !haha

2 weeks later
#237 7 years ago

Sure can't wait to see that pin that's up for grabs.. also wondering if any "maybe for sale" pins out there that people are considering bringing if there is interest? List em here for some free advertising!!

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

They have a picture up on Instagram if you want to check it out.

she's a beauty!

#245 7 years ago

I signed up for Instagram this morning to see it! Hahahah

#274 7 years ago

What's the chance of Orbitor making another appearance?!

#286 7 years ago

I got a couple shirts and the sweet ass poster just before the deadline... now if was only May soon my friends!! Soon

1 week later
#305 7 years ago

Only 37 more 4:20's to go (if dirkdiggler is counting)

#314 7 years ago

Anyone going up early from the regina area and has a trailer to haul pins? I'd donate but how would I get it there in time!?! I'm pretty sure there's one less BSD on that list anywiss! Oops!

#316 7 years ago

The website said those were weekend pass pre sales tix... just have to buy one at the door! Or you can buy a pin before then and donate it Noah! That way you get to come to the VIP party too! Also noticed there was no roadshow on the list yet! RED &TED would be upset if they weren't invited!

1 week later
#371 7 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Just counted... 81 pins listed on website for freeplay! This will be my first year - how many were there last year?

There is an awesome video on the third page of this thread that shows a quick walk thru of last year's event! This is my 1st year and can't wait either!! The free play list is looking amazing! Still no Road Show tho!

#376 7 years ago

I agree wirh dirkdiggler & Ronnie James Dio... METAL

96373e2ef2c90b504c81bfb274dcd68b-d4dm2db (resized).jpg96373e2ef2c90b504c81bfb274dcd68b-d4dm2db (resized).jpg

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

In my absence, please play the best of Reba McIntyre on loop.

For the record, I'd rather hear Reba on repeat than Alberta's own Nickleback! NO NICKLEBACK please!

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

High praise Derek. She's all checked and ready. Right sling score switch replaced, those aren't easy to find, one place in Germany had them. Less than a month now. Going to be a great event.

Do i see a mini tv inside that space station?! Shweeet

#387 7 years ago

Does a Ghostbusters LE stay on the free play floor as well as the one listed as a tourney pin? Also, wondering if there will be a Big Lebowski this year?! Don't see one on the list yet..dare to dream! And, is it May yet?!?

#389 7 years ago

It most definitely is in the tournament..(It's right there on the tourney list!)..but it's also on the free play list. I'm wondering if two LE's will be there!

#395 7 years ago

I've never been to a pinball tournament but i assume it's only slayer blasting during the finals?!?

#397 7 years ago

No, they won't play Reba in your absence.. and No, the game's they selected won't be annoying. Why you being a Debbie Downer?

2 weeks later
#471 6 years ago

Hey guys, a friend has to back out next weekend and i have a spare VIP ticket for sale. Send me a PM if interested in buying it. Also, i have a single room booked for him that i have to cancel the reservation on. It's at convention rates of $70/nite. 3 nites booked. I could change the name on the room if wanted as well.

#473 6 years ago

Chateaux Louise..they offered me 4 single rooms at the same price as 2 doubles! Stumbling distance from 350 single malt selections!!

#476 6 years ago

How much were VIP tickets?!? I don't remember! Haha

#480 6 years ago

Found out i have 1 more VIP ticket available..hotel and other VIP ticket are claimed! PM if you need a VIP ticket still. And horns up to black knight 2000!! (& iron maiden!)

#485 6 years ago

Ya, those two dudes would of paid the power bill on scotch sales alone!! But, maybe next year! Happy to say that both VIP's are spoken for and cant wait til Friday. So stoked that i booked a room for Thurs as well and heading up earlier then planned! Haha, and now I'm driving so its an empty minivan on the way up && enough room for my 1st EM or maybe a sweet S-11 game!! Just sayin!

#509 6 years ago

Its pirdy fawkin fun here! Jus sayin! Good vibes, organized chaos fir the show.. all the pinsiders are bad ass!! I also just walked back to the hotel from the VIP party..which also was badass!! Wooot, cant wait for tomorrow..oh snap

#538 6 years ago

Thanks Ken! & CONGRATS to you winning the classics tourney. The tourney pins were set up nasssty to play! I wanna thank each and every volunteer/pin donater for an amazing weekend. Tommy and Suzanne are frikkin awesome peeps! Pinball community is amazing! See ya all next year!

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

i think im the only guy in all of pinball that good give a flying F for tournament play , i just want to play the games and enjoy them .

I'd guess there was at least 500 that walked through the doors..only 140 entered the main tourney. I thought the same as you before I got there, but it was a well ran tourney and actually super fun! I also knew I wasn't going to win and was ok with that!

#592 6 years ago

Which one did you end up going to? VFW or Allentown?!?

#594 6 years ago

This was my 1st show ever. Prices to buy were a bit too high (except NIB) BUT the american shows would be a blast to visit. Damn CAD dollar! There's a Dutch expo this fall.. would be sweet to visit Europe & hit Oktoberfest then a pinball convention!!

#609 6 years ago

How about a kick-ass rock-a-billy band for the VIP party..and also talk to a local brewery about some specialty kegs! Tastes way better than damn bud lites and prob more $$ for you guys!! (More importantly better beer!).
&&& please thank every single dang person at that meeting for me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017?tu=Dee-Bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.