(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
#1 7 years ago

Die Hard Pinball League presents the second annual 2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (YEGPIN) which will be held the weekend of May 5th-7th, 2017. We are proud to officially announce the show will be at the Alberta Airport Museum in Edmonton. Yes it is in a fricken airport hanger, how cool is that!!!!

http://www.albertaaviationmuseum.com/

We want to thank the Alberta Airport Museum for all their support and want to thank the Yellowhead Inn for giving us a great event in 2016.

Lots of great announcements to come, new website, new machine donor rewards, new VIP rewards, new tournament formats, new VIP party date...

Stay tuned!!!!

We would love to hear any comments for improvements or what you would like to see at the show, over the next months we will be updating our progress to bring you a world class event!!!!

#2 7 years ago

So someone has to bring an F14 then...and a Gold Wings if any out there

#3 7 years ago

A full afterburner cockpit would be super sweet, lol... I remember one of those in my arcade days...

Quoted from volkdrive:

#4 7 years ago

Used to play the one in phase 3 West Ed all the time. When the mall had 2 massive arcades with good games, not claw machines....

#5 7 years ago

This is awesome, had loads of fun last year! Thanks for putting in the effort to make this happen again! Only one suggestion: Crank up the volume on those machines!

#6 7 years ago

Can't wait for next May. Yegpin was awesome. Hope Nitro can make it there again!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Can't wait for next May. Yegpin was awesome. Hope Nitro can make it there again!

We wouldn't miss it! We're looking forward to seeing everyone again!

#8 7 years ago

Awesome news. Excited to hear about the cool new venue. Looks like there are a few accomodation options nearby. Is there an official hotel for the show?

#9 7 years ago

Can't wait! Had way too much fun last time.

#10 7 years ago

As long as we get volunteers, great donors, sponsors and people keep on coming to the show we are happy to put it on. Noted on the sound, as well don't be afraid to track down a tech at the event as they will be able to turn up the sound on any machine that isn't loud enough, hope to see you there again next year!!!

Quoted from klr650:

This is awesome, had loads of fun last year! Thanks for putting in the effort to make this happen again! Only one suggestion: Crank up the volume on those machines!

Stay tuned once the website is up there will be two or three choices for hotels and we will try to get show discounts where we can.

Quoted from dangerdangerTILT:

Awesome news. Excited to hear about the cool new venue. Looks like there are a few accomodation options nearby. Is there an official hotel for the show?

#11 7 years ago

Great job last year bcrage88. I am donating some pins and would like to volunteer again. Too busy right now hunting birds in November.

Sure hope we can get more traffic (people) this year. If you are in Western Canada you have to come. The first show was great!!

This has been the best November that I can remember for the Edmonton area.

#12 7 years ago

Looking forward to it again! It was a blast last year, and it was fun to meet and hang out with all the out of towners who came out for the show.

#13 7 years ago

Awesome , can't wait to see what goodies Nitro will be selling next year. It will be like Xmas all over

#14 7 years ago

They just need to bring SO MUCH invisiglass lol

#15 7 years ago

That's a good point. This would be a great place to move a load of invisiglass. If there was a way to do a group order. Half down, half on delivery or paid up front and pick it up there. Cheaper to do group order. If anyone wants in, I'd be in for some and am going to be one of the pick up crew and tech for the show. Would be willing to organize a group order if enough interest.

#16 7 years ago

Had a piece in my Voltaire at last years show. Looked great and stood up very well considering the amount of play it had.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

They just need to bring SO MUCH invisiglass lol

We're happy to bring out as much as you need. Just let me know how many ....and Standard or Wide.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Awesome , can't wait to see what goodies Nitro will be selling next year. It will be like Xmas all over

Hopefully st gets colorized by the show. I'd be down for a new color dmd.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hopefully st gets colorized by the show. I'd be down for a new color dmd.

No worries. We'll be bringing out both LED & LCD versions of colorDMD.

#20 7 years ago

Good to hear, I will add you to our volunteer list and will be sending out emails soon in a few weeks to donors about availability of machines. Thanks again for your support!!!

Quoted from pinball77:

Great job last year bcrage88. I am donating some pins and would like to volunteer again. Too busy right now hunting birds in November.
Sure hope we can get more traffic (people) this year. If you are in Western Canada you have to come. The first show was great!!
This has been the best November that I can remember for the Edmonton area.

#21 7 years ago

Wonder if anyone who got a best of show award mounted the award. Also, anyone have good pics from last year?

#22 7 years ago

Here's where we started last year

yegpin (resized).JPGyegpin (resized).JPG

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We're happy to bring out as much as you need. Just let me know how many ....and Standard or Wide.

That sounds perfect. How much lead time would you need for anything we want to pick up at the show?

#24 7 years ago

Will the new location be air conditioned?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

That sounds perfect. How much lead time would you need for anything we want to pick up at the show?

A month before Yegpin would be ideal.

#26 7 years ago

This was one of the main reasons why we changed location, it is not air conditioned but has very high ceilings and doesn't seem to get as hot as Yellowhead, as well there is better air circulation so we are hoping it will be a better experience for the everyone who attends.

Quoted from str8cash:

Will the new location be air conditioned?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Thanks for posting this photo. Put's it all in perspective.

New location is amazing! That said, we can't thank the Yellowhead enough for hosting us our first year. Looking forward to sharing more details with everyone. The team has been working hard behind the scenes to amp things up a notch for everyone.

We welcome any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions for next year at executive @ yegpin .com without the spaces. We have an amazing list of volunteers already, but if you are interested in being part of Edmonton pinball history please get in touch.

The marketing team has jumped on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/yegpin/ so give them a follow and comment often!

#28 7 years ago

IMG_6055_resize (resized).jpgIMG_6055_resize (resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago

That is awesome, but boy is it going to be loud in there!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I have mentioned it to the fellow that bought my F14 - hopefully he will follow through.

#31 7 years ago

Oh man, never give up the F14......

#32 7 years ago

Any pricing on the invisiglass? I would have interest in 4 pieces 3 standard and 1 wide body

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Bring one and they will follow. I'm looking forward to another great year and see some familiar faces and a bunch of new.
Is it May yet

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Bring one and they will follow.

Follow? Maybe, but I think we all found out they multiply....and before you know it you're asking "do I have a problem?"

#35 7 years ago

Should be an amazing event. So many hardworking volunteers to make it happen last year. Especially the guy who brought his whole fleet! Stretch, talking to you! Come on, May!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Is it May yet

Better not be, otherwise I am way behind schedule.

#37 7 years ago

160 days until Friday May 05 2017

#38 7 years ago

Man i wish we had an event like this coming up in the Toronto area.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Man i wish we had an event like this coming up in the Toronto area.

$402 Round trip on AirCanada right now.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

I have mentioned it to the fellow that bought my F14 - hopefully he will follow through.

I will need help getting it out of my basement!!

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

w it you're asking "do I have a problem?"

I don't have a problem anymore

Quoted from LongJohns:

Better not be, otherwise I am way behind schedule.

I'm glad it's not me this time

Quoted from puck:

160 days until Friday May 05 2017

157 now

#42 7 years ago

For collectors bringing multiple machines in Edmonton area we will have a service this year for collectors who will have troubles getting them to main floor storage for pickup, we will come up to a week before the event get it on main floor and then come pick up for event. We will drop off and schedule a time to help get them back downstairs if needed.

Quoted from mathewrs:

I will need help getting it out of my basement!!

#43 7 years ago

We were just talking about yegpin at our last sapp tourney!!! We are super excited can't wait..... might hafta bring swords of fury... there wasn't one there last year....

#44 7 years ago

Maybe one suggestion would be adding Pinside handles on the name tags.... so many of us know each other from Pinside... it might be something to consider

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Maybe one suggestion would be adding Pinside handles on the name tags.... so many of us know each other from Pinside... it might be something to consider

This idea works great at pinball expo in Chicago. They are provided by Game Exchange there and are awesome to have and to wear at the show. Same thing in Edmonton would be great! Hoping to represent Winnipeg at the 2nd annual Yegpin!

#46 7 years ago

Maybe one suggestion would be adding Pinside handles on the name tags...

I like this idea

#47 7 years ago

I will talk with our design guy he almost killed me by adding personalized lanyards this year for VIP's so no reason I can't give him more heartburn by adding a handle as well either Pinside or your Pinball Initials... Its a good idea let me work on him.

#48 7 years ago

Awesome looking forward to all the support from our friends in Saskatchewan and out east... We would be very interested in any fully functional pinball machine donations, there will even more awesome rewards for people that commit to bringing them.

We were just talking about yegpin at our last sapp tourney!!! We are super excited can't wait..... might hafta bring swords of fury... there wasn't one there last year....

#49 7 years ago

hmmmmmmmmm ...... a SAPP contribution ?!?!?

#50 7 years ago

I'll bring whatever game/games I have at the time. What kind of rewards are we talking about

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017?hl=mathewrs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.