(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG

There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'd love to see a tspp.

Me too, I've been thinking about buying one but I'd like to try our first.

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

No, they won't play Reba in your absence.. and No, the game's they selected won't be annoying. Why you being a Debbie Downer?

Was joking on the Reba, and the fireball 2 is a great game, just not a fan of the sounds.

#403 6 years ago

Doing some work for the show so we might as well announce another pinball machine in the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championships. There is a love/hate relationship with this game as it has one of the most difficult and challenging shots in all of pinball. Get ready to shoot for some 'disks' and try to master the 'Gem' shot the 7th entry into the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championships is Tron.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#404 6 years ago

Nice I like that announcement! Great tourney line up so far.

#405 6 years ago

Only two more machines left to announce for the DHPL Classics Tournament. So let get right do it and rattle off another one. I can't tell you much about this one as I have never played it, but from what I have heard it is a stunning looking machine for its age. Let's give it up for Golden Arrow!!!!

#406 6 years ago

Just a quick shout out to the pinside world. If anyone has a commercial fridge they can give us for the weekend we would appreciate it.
coke-fridge-3 (resized).pngcoke-fridge-3 (resized).png

Thanks!

#407 6 years ago

Curious if out of town pinsiders are making plans to do anything else besides pinball and hang out? Anyone bringing their wifes and kids?

My brother will be bringing the kids Saturday so it will be fun to expose them to pinball. After lots of recommendations we're thinking of trying Pampas brazilian steakhouse and I know of a few auctions Saturday and Sunday that will be calling my name. Wife's making plans with her girlfriends to go get tattoos.

Can't wait. Should be a fun weekend!

#408 6 years ago

If you go to Pampa's head to Costco first and pick up a $100 gift certificate for 79.99.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Curious if out of town pinsiders are making plans to do anything else besides pinball and hang out? Anyone bringing their wifes and kids?
My brother will be bringing the kids Saturday so it will be fun to expose them to pinball. After lots of recommendations we're thinking of trying Pampas brazilian steakhouse and I know of a few auctions Saturday and Sunday that will be calling my name. Wife's making plans with her girlfriends to go get tattoos.
Can't wait. Should be a fun weekend!

#409 6 years ago

What time does the event open on the Friday?

#410 6 years ago

Well we are almost getting to the end of all of the machine announcements going to be one hell of a tournament but we just couldn't resist putting this one in the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championship. With famous sayings like "your under arrest" and "book him" and "your move creep" I would surely buy this title for a dollar. The eighth machine slated for the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Championships is Robocop!!!!

#412 6 years ago

Ok cool was just checking cause it said it could change still.

#413 6 years ago

Well this is it, the last machine announcement for the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championship. What do you want to see, maybe a Big Bang Bar, ha 'Dream On' the 9th and final machine announcement is Aerosmith Pro.

One last thanks to the folks at Nitro Amusements who have supported this show from the very start and have allowed us to provide the biggest prize pool in YEGPIN history for this event. Lookout for the last announcement for the DHPL Classics tournament tomorrow.

#414 6 years ago

Whoever is bringing the Asteroids Deluxe to Yegpin. You are my new best friend!

Also, a shout out to anyone with working Vector graphics games (Tempest, Battle Zone, Star Castle, Star Wars, Star Trek, Graviton, Asteroids, Armor Attack, Solar Quest, etc).

Please bring your machines !!!

#415 6 years ago

Finally just booked my room for this at the best western plus, picked up the 2 queen suite for 135 night instead of 185 night.

#416 6 years ago

If anyone has a gold wings, heavy metal meltdown, barracora, robot or locomotion to sell, I am looking to buy. Need to know beforehand so I can make arrangements to transport and so I bring lotsa sweet cash.

#417 6 years ago

Hopefully they gave you YEGPIN show rate. See you at the show!!!

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Finally just booked my room for this at the best western plus, picked up the 2 queen suite for 135 night instead of 185 night.

#418 6 years ago

They did. It was 50$ less a night for the suite.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Whoever is bringing the Asteroids Deluxe to Yegpin. You are my new best friend!
Also, a shout out to anyone with working Vector graphics games (Tempest, Battle Zone, Star Castle, Star Wars, Star Trek, Graviton, Asteroids, Armor Attack, Solar Quest, etc).
Please bring your machines !!!

Im bringing an arcade... but not one youd expect.. lol

#420 6 years ago

Well this is it for the DHPL Classics Tournament, one last announcement. Our team has spent the last few months fully restoring this machine from the ground up and this will go to the grand champion of the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championships. Without further ado give it up for one of the toughest solid states of all time and the 6th and last entry into the DHPL Classics Tournament, Flash Gordon!!!!
Some of the restoration pics are below to give you a tease but you will have to come to YEGPIN yourself to play and see this beauty in the wild.
One last announcement tomorrow for the Wizard's Comics and Collectibles - Little One's Flippin' Tournament

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#421 6 years ago

I have to say 2-thumbs up to the tournament lineup this year!

It's going to be awesome! Can't wait!

#422 6 years ago

Wow lineups look amazing

#423 6 years ago

All of the thanks go to the great collector community that supports us by lending us these awesome titles and ones that are in the best of shape so we can showcase these in our tournaments.

Quoted from Fytr:

I have to say 2-thumbs up to the tournament lineup this year!
It's going to be awesome! Can't wait!

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Wow lineups look amazing

I 2nd that!!! Cannot wait. So many games that I have never had a chance to play. Thanks everyone for donating! The pinball community is awesome!

#425 6 years ago

This is it the final announcement for the tournaments for YEGPIN. In the Wizards Comics and Collectibles - Little Ones Tournament there will be one tournament on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The schedule is as follows:
Friday 4:00PM - 6:00PM,
Saturday 4:00PM - 6:00PM and
Sunday 12:00PM - 2:00PM,

These tournaments will be available for any child under 13 years of age (0-12). These tournaments are used to give our youth the experience of competing in a real pinball competition tournament. Lots of fun and a great opportunity for them win some great prizes.
Five prizes will be awarded in each tournament to the top finishers.

The start of these tournaments will be announced at the event so make sure you bring out your children so they can experience this for themselves.

We want to thank Wizards Comics and Collectibles for donating all of the prizes for for their sponsorship for this event.

The machine that will be used for this competition is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!!

#426 6 years ago

Last call for non reflective glass, mods, parts & NIB pins! If we have it in stock, or can get it by Yegpin ...we'll bring it out. Alien & Dialed In will be at our booth as well as a few other surprises. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

[email protected]
Cell: (604) 226-5346

#427 6 years ago

I haven't checked the game list in a couple weeks and I'm totally bumbed
2 of the 3 games I wanted to play most are no longer on the list.

If a Edmonton pinsider is willing to let me try their met premium, I can supply beer, bud or both for 30 minutes of your time. I'm buying either a pro or premium at vfo this fall and really want to try a premium first.

Thanx

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That's one what are the others?

#429 6 years ago

Master of Puppets, Aliens and AMH.

#430 6 years ago

Which I see you own one of them

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Which I see you own

Going to a new home soon , has 350 original plays ... Out of respect to buyer had to pull from show!
Perhaps should me meet you can have a game or two...
Sorry to disappoint !

#432 6 years ago

I'll talk to Metallica gods and see what I can do for a le

#433 6 years ago

Yes, probably the most difficult part of the show is getting machines, people are buying, selling or trading machines all the time, the show rolls with the punches and is very thankful for anyone who contributes to this show. In return, we post them as quickly as we can for all our ticket holders to see but we also ensure to tell you upfront that things may change and donations can be pulled at anytime and we provide our generous donors with this flexibility. There is an excellent selection here at YEGPIN 2017, there will be some awesome titles for everyone to enjoy. Hell I want a Big Bar Bang there to try but that ain't going to happen and you don't see them at shows very often. Pretty sure we will be able to get Met LE in the show I am just not committing to it until I see it in the flesh. There maybe some surprises we haven't posted yet stay tuned, lol...

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I haven't checked the game list in a couple weeks and I'm totally bumbed
If a Edmonton pinsider is willing to let me try their met premium, I can supply beer, bud or both for 30 minutes of your time. I'm buying either a pro or premium at vfo this fall and really want to try a premium first.
Thanx

#434 6 years ago

Thanks to all who are sharing their games with us. And the volunteers and event organizers. It takes a huge commitment to pull something like this off.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Master of Puppets, Aliens and AMH.

Aliens will be there,it's on the list to.
My Aliens should be there and set up as well.
Rob Zombie to.
Could also bring RZLE #1,and AMH,if someone wants to buy them both in a package deal.
These two games belong to a friend.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks to all who are sharing their games with us. And the volunteers and event organizers. It takes a huge commitment to pull something like this off.

Hey Dirk how come i don't see FH on the list?

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Aliens will be there,it's on the list to.
My Aliens should be there and set up as well.
Rob Zombie to.
Could also bring RZLE #1,and AMH,if someone wants to buy them both in a package deal.
These two games belong to a friend.

I would be interested in the RZLE if someone is interested in the AMH

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Going to a new home soon , has 350 original plays ... Out of respect to buyer had to pull from show!
Perhaps should me meet you can have a game or two...
Sorry to disappoint !

I was disappointed to see AMH gone. Too bad. Still a lot of awesome games coming though.

#439 6 years ago

I see there's going to be a Granny and the Gators at the show. Looks pretty cool. Never even heard of it before. The promotional poster is a must find now.

#440 6 years ago

We have all of the passes printed, I had a chance to see them in person last night. I was amazed at the quality, all of you donors, volunteers and VIP's are going to love them. Look out for pictures in the VIP newsletter #3 that will becoming out soon. The only way to get one if these now is to donate a machine to the event, we have assigned our fulltime volunteers and VIP's passes were long ago sold out. Over 100 pins and Arcades committed, lots of silent auction items to be sold, lots of show mechandize, thou quantities are limited I would strongly suggest to pre-order, going to be an excellent show!!!

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

I would be interested in the RZLE if someone is interested in the AMH

What's the price on amh?

#442 6 years ago

Does anybody know if Nitro is bringing any led displays, led and solenoid driver boards for the old Bally games again

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Does anybody know if Nitro is bringing any led displays, led and solenoid driver boards for the old Bally games again

Absolutely. Bringing the entire line of Xpin displays & driver boards as well as colorDMD, Niwumpf, Altech etc.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

Yellowhead Inn has rooms for YEGPIN! It’s not far from the event (10-13min drive) and they are a great pinball supporter. Thanks Yellowhead Inn! Use code YEGPIN Rooms are only $70.

Just called and was told maybe $75.00 but probably $95/night

Edit. Yellowhead is $70/night

#445 6 years ago

Looks like Flash Gordon is ready for the Classics Tournament. If you win the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championships you get your choice of the beautifully restored Flash Gordon or $1500 cash I know which one I would pick!!!!

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPG
IMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPG
IMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPG
IMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPG
IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG
IMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPG

#446 6 years ago

Wow

#447 6 years ago

Whoever wins this and for some reason does not want it I'll pay $1600 for it

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Whoever wins this and for some reason does not want it I'll pay $1600 for it

#449 6 years ago

$2000.00

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Looks like Flash Gordon is ready for the Classics Tournament. If you win the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championships you get your choice of the beautifully restored Flash Gordon or $1500 cash I know which one I would pick!!!!

There must be between 40-80 hours of sweat equity into that game alone, plus parts.

Are those spinners original or if not, how did you make them? Paint + decals?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
5,815 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.