(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

I hear you, there are many arcade collectors with large collections, but no one seems to want to bring anything?

Arcades are heavy and awkward. I love em but hate to move them.

Any word of someone bringing a virtual pin?

#302 7 years ago

I'll bring my single slot neo geo conversion it's in a street fighter cab. I was hoping to get my 161 in 1 cart before then. But I do have a metal slug and a samurai showdown I guess if not.

#303 7 years ago

Dude!!!! Metal slug is awesome

#304 7 years ago

It's getting closer to the event!

#305 7 years ago

Only 37 more 4:20's to go (if dirkdiggler is counting)

#306 7 years ago

Any contributions to the show add value for sure, if you are planning on bringing anything please use the bring a machine form on the website so we know it is coming to the event.

Quoted from Pinhead306:

I'll bring my single slot neo geo conversion it's in a street fighter cab. I was hoping to get my 161 in 1 cart before then. But I do have a metal slug and a samurai showdown I guess if not.

#307 7 years ago

I'm thinking about bringing a game up. Not sure which one though.

Could bring:
* A nice players Star Gazer
* STTNG w/ LEDs, colorLCD (currently on location at the Trap & Gill in Calgary)
* Possibly a restored Flash Gordon, though I'm surprised there isn't one listed for the show already, thought they were common as flees up there...

Seems like a rarer game like Star Gazer would be better, plenty of STTNGs around in comparison. Maybe someone local can bring one for the show.

Thoughts?

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Dude!!!! Metal slug is awesome

Haha yea it's great! My brother and I were jamming out hard on it the other night in my garage! After I changed out a joystick.

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Any contributions to the show add value for sure, if you are planning on bringing anything please use the bring a machine form on the website so we know it is coming to the event.

I will sign it up for sure, just hoping the 161 in 1 cart comes before the show so that It has a little more selection atleast. If nothing else tons of metal slugs to choose from! Lol

#310 7 years ago

I like metal slug, baseball stars, and super dodgeball and 1945! On the 161! Other then that mostly it's fighting games. Lots I don't know on the list tho.

#311 7 years ago

Any of those are machines are great options we haven't had any of those titles committed to the FREE PLAY room. (Am I giving hints away again I tell ya you guys are going to get me fired)...

We definitely like rarer games at the show that people don't get to play everyday, but all are good choices we didn't have two of these at the show last year. Your choice for sure...

Quoted from Fytr:

Could bring:
* Possibly a restored Flash Gordon, though I'm surprised there isn't one listed for the show already, thought they were common as flees up there...
Seems like a rarer game like Star Gazer would be better, plenty of STTNGs around in comparison. Maybe someone local can bring one for the show.
Thoughts?

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Could bring:
Thoughts?

I'd love to try a TNG we had one out last year but it was having issues so I never got to try it.

#313 7 years ago

Star Gazer please!

#314 7 years ago

Anyone going up early from the regina area and has a trailer to haul pins? I'd donate but how would I get it there in time!?! I'm pretty sure there's one less BSD on that list anywiss! Oops!

#315 7 years ago

Hey, just wanted to check since I didn't see anything announced here but are weekend passes no longer available? The page itself says the deadline to buy is April 15 and I know the deadline for the pre order bonus was in March.

#316 7 years ago

The website said those were weekend pass pre sales tix... just have to buy one at the door! Or you can buy a pin before then and donate it Noah! That way you get to come to the VIP party too! Also noticed there was no roadshow on the list yet! RED &TED would be upset if they weren't invited!

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

First machine will be announced on Saturday, hint it is already listed on the site you have a 1 in 85 chance of guessing, good luck!!!!

Ac/dc pro?

#318 7 years ago

You are correct, in fact the weekend pass we will extend this right up to the show dates if you want to purchase. However, the pre-purchase bonus did end on March 15, 2017. So if you want to purchase your weekend pass you can do so. This way you can go directly to the VIP desk for sign in and don't have to do at the door as there may be lineups for regular admission. The link should be and working again by this afternoon. We will clean up this process for next year and probably not have weekend passes available at the door these will have to be all pre-purchased if you want the discounted rate for the weekend. Sorry for the confusion.

Quoted from noahd42:

Hey, just wanted to check since I didn't see anything announced here but are weekend passes no longer available? The page itself says the deadline to buy is April 15 and I know the deadline for the pre-order bonus was in March.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

You are correct, in fact the weekend pass we will extend this right up to the show dates if you want to purchase. However, the pre-purchase bonus did end on March 15, 2017. So if you want to purchase your weekend pass you can do so. This way you can go directly to the VIP desk for sign in and don't have to do at the door as there may be lineups for regular admission. The link should be and working again by this afternoon. We will clean up this process for next year and probably not have weekend passes available at the door these will have to be all pre-purchased if you want the discounted rate for the weekend. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok thanks for the clarification. That makes sense now! I expected in my head that we would be able to buy them online even after the pre-order bonus deadline passed.

#321 7 years ago

Thanks, much appreciated. Keep up the good work, definitely looking forward to the event!

#322 7 years ago

Wondering... If I cant end up coming, could someone pickup my " VIP free stuff" for me?

#323 7 years ago

For sure lot of Calgary guys will be there we can send to back with one of them but we would rather see you there in person to pick it up.

Quoted from Spencer:

Wondering... If I cant end up coming, could someone pickup my " VIP free stuff" for me?

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

For sure lot of Calgary guys will be there we can send to back with one of them but we would rather see you there in person to pick it up.

As would I and I still have plans to attend, loved last year's show! It just might not happen, so just checking...

#325 7 years ago

Can you sell your vip pass?

#326 7 years ago

We can transfer a pass into another person's name just send us an email. However if you had a personalized pass it cannot be changed now.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Can you sell your vip pass?

#327 7 years ago

Sweet. Anyone need a extra vip pass? Pm if interested.

#328 7 years ago

Well just over a month away from the big show, let's announce the very first machine for the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championships. This machine is one of highest rated pinball machines of all time.

You got it Medieval Madness!!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#329 7 years ago

Great game! Lucky enough to have one on route here! Good choice. I like it!

#330 7 years ago

final_poster (resized).pngfinal_poster (resized).png

You should start to see these (in B&W) posted up around Edmonton soon. If you have a place that you would like to put one up and help us promote the event PM this account and we will mail you one out. We will also be leaving some 5x7 postcards around town. Thanks everyone who supported so far! Just over a month to go!

#331 7 years ago

You all ready to "play ball", the next machine that will be in the Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championship is ACDC Pro

#332 7 years ago

Well, there goes my chances at being champ

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

We'll have to practice up.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

You should start to see these (in B&W) posted up around Edmonton soon. If you have a place that you would like to put one up and help us promote the event PM this account and we will mail you one out. We will also be leaving some 5x7 postcards around town. Thanks everyone who supported so far! Just over a month to go!

We could put one of those posters up at our league location,The Trap and Gill.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

We could put one of those posters up at our league location,The Trap and Gill.

That would be sick pingod thanks. PM me your shipping details and I'll post you a few to Calgary.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

You got this.

#337 7 years ago

There's definitely some good ideas in those videos to work on.

#338 7 years ago

Time to announce the first machine in the DHPL Classic Tournament, who is by the way still looking for a title sponsor... The anticipation has been killing to me so let just announce it... One of the most desirable games in the classics division. Fathom

829f2 (resized).jpg829f2 (resized).jpg

#339 7 years ago

That one looks like fun

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

still looking for a title sponsor

Out of curiosity, what would it cost to become the title sponsor? Maybe Dan will sponsor it?

#341 7 years ago

Shall we 'dive' into another announcement for the World Famous Nitro Amusements - Western Canadian Pinball Championship. The third machine is one that never gets old but is really hard to master. It is the legendary Fish Tales

#342 7 years ago

That's it! I'm calling it...

...Best Tourney Lineup Eva!

#343 7 years ago

Ha feel free to PM me if you want naming rights, lol

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Out of curiosity, what would it cost to become the title sponsor? Maybe Dan will sponsor it?

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Ha feel free to PM me if you want naming rights, lol

Yea I think the Canadian Arcade should be a sponsor

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yea I think the Canadian Arcade should be a sponsor

The Canadian Arcade Classics. CAC! I like it! make-it-so (resized).jpgmake-it-so (resized).jpg

#346 7 years ago

I'm going to do so bad in the nitro tourney lol.

#347 7 years ago

Any of you pinball fanatics tennis fans? Ya didn't think so, but hey I think we "aced" this pick for the DHPL Classic Tournament. For this EM you will need to bring your 'A' game. The second machine for the DHPL Classics Tournament is Volley!!!!

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

The Canadian Arcade Classics. CAC! I like it!

if we had any sort of operating budget to sponsor something like this, I'd be totally on board! Still waiting for that first big Youtube cheque

#349 7 years ago

1 Sold out vip pass still available to purchase. $80.00
Pm if interested.

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

1 Sold out vip pass still available to purchase. $80.00
Pm if interested.

Are you not able to make it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.