(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
#201 7 years ago

Clarification in case anyone was under the impression otherwise...

Weekend passes will not be provided a VIP laminate or pass. This was an exclusive bonus to our VIPs. The only way to get one now is to donate a pinball or arcade machine, become a sponsor, or sign up for a vendor booth. The lanyards and laminates look even more amazing this year. Also, gold & silver sponsors get a logo on the back.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

Wicked! What would you find most value in? (this is open to anyone not just Josh)
Special Guests via Skype (we are not in a financial position to fly people up ... yet)
Local repair enthusiasts?
Local distributors?
Local top ranked pinball players?
Pinball podcasters?
Pinball Twitch Streamers?
Anything we missed?

Repair Enthusiasts - maybe a bit on pinball maintenance.. when to do it, what products to use, different products for different era machines or what not to use. having better-maintenance educated collectors locally would help with things like quality of games available in our market, resale values, etc

Local Distributors would be good - Build a rapport with collectors, some familiarity with who they are, and their offering of products and services. I know that dealers and distributor see a lot of used games come and go, building a better relationship with potential collectors will help them identify a collector who may be seeking out a particular title. (PS. I am looking for a Williams Slugfest, if anybody knows of one!! )

Local Top Ranked Pinball Players ? Of course we want a speech from Derek! Oh wait, you meant Robert Gagno? Yes, absolutely!

Is anybody in Alberta, or western Canada for that matter twitch streaming or podcasting? I'd be interested in this one.

Chance and I are both coming to the event, and we've got better cameras and video editing abilities this time around, so we certainly would like to try to document some of the weekend again if we could! And we will absolutely share our content with you guys for your promotional content for future years as well! I wouldnt mind mentioning YEGPIN in 2017 in one of our Canadian Arcade episodes prior to the event, as well as plugging it on our social media channels, if you want to give us any guidance to how we should present it, handling of IP, etc.. let me know!

#203 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to this event! Hoping to take home my first machine from it!

#204 7 years ago

I agree with repair enthusiasts!

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

(PS. I am looking for a Williams Slugfest, if anybody knows of one!! )

Pm sent.

#206 7 years ago

We will be streaming the finals again. Great ideas Josh, let me work on them and I think it would be great to have our streaming expert Astromarkus do a session.

#207 7 years ago

VIP Newsletter #2 is out!

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

VIP Newsletter #2 is out!

The design isn't my taste at all but I hope others enjoy it!

#209 7 years ago

Hmm, I liked this year's Yegpin logo. I thought it was very fitting for the venue. I am surprised you guys went a different direction.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Local Top Ranked Pinball Players ? Of course we want a speech from Derek! Oh wait, you meant Robert Gagno? Yes, absolutely!
Is anybody in Alberta, or western Canada for that matter twitch streaming or podcasting? I'd be interested in this one.
Chance and I are both coming to the event, and we've got better cameras and video editing abilities this time around, so we certainly would like to try to document some of the weekend again if we could! And we will absolutely share our content with you guys for your promotional content for future years as well! I wouldnt mind mentioning YEGPIN in 2017 in one of our Canadian Arcade episodes prior to the event, as well as plugging it on our social media channels, if you want to give us any guidance to how we should present it, handling of IP, etc.. let me know!

Derek will be busy that weekend Very busy. Thanks for the offer to promote YEGPIN on your Youtube. Hit us up at [email protected] and we can get you anything you need. Lots go into this show so we appreciate the offer to cover some of it!

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from noahd42:

I'm looking forward to this event! Hoping to take home my first machine from it!

Dude, you'll definitely have your first or fifth pin by May. Be patient. Something will come up. Maybe instead of posting a looking for a pinball ad on kijiji, try a few specific games you'd enjoy. I've gotten probably a quarter of my games that way.

#212 7 years ago

I would watch a Twitch stream talk!

#213 7 years ago

There were a number of factors, mainly trying to gain a wider audience by enlisting the services of a known pinball artist. I am traditional pinballer myself and really liked the old theme but overall the team felt this was the best direction to step out of the box and deliver something really different and unique. I am pumped about the design and we hope it was the right decision and I guess we will see how the overall reaction is. The artwork will be up on the site in the next few days and we will post some stuff on social media sites once our VIP's have had a chance to look it over.

Quoted from Gorno:

Hmm, I liked this year's Yegpin logo. I thought it was very fitting for the venue. I am surprised you guys went a different direction.

#214 7 years ago

Not directly related to YEGPIN, but we can't help but see that the Vancouver Flipout is now a PAPA Circuit event! Congratulations to Dave, Tommy, and the rest of the flipout team! We know first hand that these show are a labor of love and take a small army to put on so congratulations! Also, thanks to everyone who voted for us, and our Social team who pumped both events on a global stage!
http://papa.org/2017/02/21/papa-circuit-voting-final-results/

#215 7 years ago

Oh man congrats to flipout for getting in ..... sorry to hear YEGPIN didn't.... don't give up... it's a great event with great people... and it will get in eventually

#216 7 years ago

Yellowhead Inn has rooms for YEGPIN! It’s not far from the event (10-13min drive) and they are a great pinball supporter. Thanks Yellowhead Inn! Use code YEGPIN Rooms are only $70.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

Yellowhead Inn has rooms for YEGPIN! It’s not far from the event (10-13min drive) and they are a great pinball supporter. Thanks Yellowhead Inn! Use code YEGPIN Rooms are only $70.

http://www.yellowheadinn.com/

#218 7 years ago

Okay VIP's had their fill if anyone interested in an official YEGPIN shirt visit the website to place your orders. www.yegpin.com

All shirts and posters will be available for pickup, if you are not going to the show there will be shipping costs applied please send an email to [email protected] for those orders.

Pre-order are guaranteed a shirt or poster, the prices increase $5 at the show and are in limited quantities.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#219 7 years ago

Love the shirt! And poster for that matter! Cannot wait to pick mine up. Seeing this just gets me more excited. Thanks guys keep up the good work! It's badass!

#220 7 years ago

Awesome to hear the team that worked with Brian will be glad to hear that!!! Look forward to seeing you at the show.

Quoted from Pinhead306:

Love the shirt! And poster for that matter! Cannot wait to pick mine up. Seeing this just gets me more excited. Thanks guys keep up the good work! It's badass!

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Dude, you'll definitely have your first or fifth pin by May. Be patient. Something will come up. Maybe instead of posting a looking for a pinball ad on kijiji, try a few specific games you'd enjoy. I've gotten probably a quarter of my games that way.

You bet. Still looking forward to the event!

#222 7 years ago

Very neat design!!!! Can not wait for expo to come!!! Such a great time last year!!!!

#223 7 years ago

If we already bought a VIP pass and later decide to bring one or more games, do we get a refund for the pass, or we have to find people to give/transfer it to, or how does that work?

#224 7 years ago

You actually get both rewards, or you can decide to transfer the VIP Pass to another person if you would like and just take the free pass you get for bringing a machine. The VIP Pass rewards are awesome just with the tournament ticket package you get but definitely your call. For a chance to win an awesome refurbished machine and to show off one of your prized possessions I would definitely encourage you to bring a machine to the event. I can't tell you how many people came up to me last year and thanked me for bringing my entire collection to the event.

Quoted from Fytr:

If we already bought a VIP pass and later decide to bring one or more games, do we get a refund for the pass, or we have to find people to give/transfer it to, or how does that work?

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

You actually get both rewards, or you can decide to transfer the VIP Pass to another person if you would like and just take the free pass you get for bringing a machine. The VIP Pass rewards are awesome just with the tournament ticket package you get but definitely your call. For a chance to win an awesome refurbished machine and to show off one of your prized possessions I would definitely encourage you to bring a machine to the event. I can't tell you how many people came up to me last year and thanked me for bringing my entire collection to the event.

----------
Rewards for lending full-sized arcade and pinball machines include the following:

(1) All Access ‘Limited Edition’ VIP Pass’ featuring art by Brian Holderman
(1) Free entry into the exclusive Friday night YEGPIN VIP Pinball Party
(1) Free ticket for each pinball or arcade machine brought to YEGPIN, to the Donor prize draw winner (a restored pinball machine) to be announced at VIP party
Opportunity to Pre-Order for 2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo Shirt and receive $5 off
-----------

So, the "bring a game" VIP pass doesn't include the tournament ticket package that comes with my paid for VIP pass, that is the difference?
And bringing more than one game doesn't get you a VIP pass per game, but one VIP pass and additional draw entries for each game brought, correct?

#226 7 years ago

Rewards for VIP Pass:

(1) All Access ‘Limited Edition’ VIP customized weekend pass featuring art by Brian Holderman
(10) entries into each of the Western Canadian Pinball Championships and DHPL Classics/Early DMD Tournaments (~ $70.00 value) (Only available to VIPs)
(1) 2017 YEGPIN tournament Pinwipe Cloth (~ $15.00 value) (Only available to VIPs)
(1) Free entry into the exclusive Friday night YEGPIN VIP Pinball Party (Priceless!!!!)
(1) VIP party will have many other goodies we will keep secret until the event! (Only available to VIPs)
(1) Custom YEGPIN VIP bags to hold all your goodies in. (Only available to VIPs)
(1) Discounted entry fee into Alberta Aviation Museum. (Only available to VIPs)
Opportunity to Pre-Order for 2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo show shirt designed by Brian Holderman and receive $5 off.
Pre-registered for tournaments and have your tournament numbers on pass.

Rewards for lending full-sized arcade and pinball machines include the following:

(1) Free ticket for each pinball or arcade machine brought to YEGPIN, to the Donor prize draw winner (a restored pinball machine) to be announced at VIP party
Opportunity to Pre-Order for 2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo Shirt and receive $5 off

So, the "bring a game" VIP pass doesn't include the tournament ticket package that comes with my paid for VIP pass, that is the difference? Yes this is correct and a few other items as well including special prize draws at the VIP party for those that attend.

Many of our donors are not tournament players, they would rather have a chance at a free pinball machine, sweet donor only draws or best in show prize recognition at the event.

And bringing more than one game doesn't get you a VIP pass per game, but one VIP pass and additional draw entries for each game brought, correct?

You are correct, the more you bring the better odds you have for the draw!!!! If you bring 5+ then you contact us directly and we will negotiate the amount of passes provided.

Hope that helps

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Rewards for VIP Pass:
(1) All Access ‘Limited Edition’ VIP customized weekend pass featuring art by Brian Holderman
(10) entries into each of the Western Canadian Pinball Championships and DHPL Classics/Early DMD Tournaments (~ $70.00 value) (Only available to VIPs)
(1) 2017 YEGPIN tournament Pinwipe Cloth (~ $15.00 value) (Only available to VIPs)
(1) Free entry into the exclusive Friday night YEGPIN VIP Pinball Party (Priceless!!!!)
(1) VIP party will have many other goodies we will keep secret until the event! (Only available to VIPs)
(1) Custom YEGPIN VIP bags to hold all your goodies in. (Only available to VIPs)
(1) Discounted entry fee into Alberta Aviation Museum. (Only available to VIPs)
Opportunity to Pre-Order for 2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo show shirt designed by Brian Holderman and receive $5 off.
Pre-registered for tournaments and have your tournament numbers on pass.
So, the "bring a game" VIP pass doesn't include the tournament ticket package that comes with my paid for VIP pass, that is the difference? Yes this is correct and a few other items as well including special prize draws at the VIP party for those that attend.
Many of our donors are not tournament players, they would rather have a chance at a free pinball machine, sweet donor only draws or best in show prize recognition at the event.
You are correct, the more you bring the better odds you have for the draw!!!! If you bring 5+ then you contact us directly and we will negotiate the amount of passes provided.
Hope that helps

Okay, makes sense, thx!

#228 7 years ago

Is there going to be concessions at the event? Besides pizza at the vip party?

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is there going to be concessions at the event? Besides pizza at the vip party?

100%
We are actually starting to finalize these decisions this week, so, this is your chance to have a big say in what we have on location. Pizza isn't 100% confirmed for the VIP party yet however Nitza's was a big hit last year

What would you all like to see for food at the event?

#230 7 years ago

YEGPIN would like to announce another great partner for our event. Wizards Comics and Collectibles has signed on to be our title sponsor our newly named Wizards Comics and Collectibles - Little Ones Flippin Tournament. These are a series of tournaments that will be played Friday, Saturday and Sunday for children from ages 0-12 with prizing to give the kids a taste of what competition pinball is all about.

They are also providing us with some free comic books that we will handing out in celebration of free comic book day on May 6, 2017.

Wizards Comics and Collectibles has two great locations in the Edmonton and Sherwood Park area, a full list of their comics and collectibles can be found on their webpage. http://wizards-comics.com/

Please join me in thanking Wizards Comics and Collectibles for their contribution of sponsorship and prizing to the show.

WizLogHeader (resized).pngWizLogHeader (resized).png

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

100%
We are actually starting to finalize these decisions this week, so, this is your chance to have a big say in what we have on location. Pizza isn't 100% confirmed for the VIP party yet however Nitza's was a big hit last year
What would you all like to see for food at the event?

Can you get Jacks Drive In out in Spruce Grove to bring their milkshake machine?
Simply Donairs on 50st and 90ave are the bomb!

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Can you get Jacks Drive In out in Spruce Grove to bring their milkshake machine?
Simply Donairs on 50st and 90ave are the bomb!

That's my favorite donair place!

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

That's my favorite donair place!

I discovered it a few weeks back picking a game up in the area. They're freaking huge too. First shop I've ever been to where they grill the onions. Recommend the mix. Top 3 all time. Now a must stop for me whenever I'm in town.

Great, now I'm hungry.
Back to expo talk.

#234 7 years ago

To all of you machine donors out there for YEGPIN, as a special thanks for already indicating you are contributing a machine to the event, you will get a sneak peak at the pinball machine that will be given away to one of you!!!! Look out for that email to come out sometime next week, the machine is almost all assembled and looks awesome... Exciting stuff!!!!!

#235 7 years ago

For those that have already committed to bring machines to YEGPIN an email was sent and you have the first look at what one lucky donor will receive at the event. Will be posted on here and on social media in the next couple of days.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

For those that have already committed to bring machines to YEGPIN an email was sent and you have the first look at what one lucky donor will receive at the event. Will be posted on here and on social media in the next couple of days.

Nice job on this game guys. Pretty spiffy!

#237 7 years ago

Sure can't wait to see that pin that's up for grabs.. also wondering if any "maybe for sale" pins out there that people are considering bringing if there is interest? List em here for some free advertising!!

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sure can't wait to see that pin that's up for grabs.. also wondering if any "maybe for sale" pins out there that people are considering bringing if there is interest? List em here for some free advertising!!

They have a picture up on Instagram if you want to check it out.

#239 7 years ago

It would be cool to have a silent auction for one (or more) broken (DOA) machines - Machines that previous owners have either given up on or just has no further desire to pay a technician to keep repairing. Machines that, if the owner was Spring Cleaning, could end up in the landfill. If an owner was willing to trade a machine for say, a charitable tax receipt, this could get some old broken machine/s back into circulation. Or even just to have a designated For Sale area for DOA machines would also be cool. We could call it "The Boneyard" in keeping with this year's art theme.

#240 7 years ago

If anyone has any games for sale/trade they want to bring to the show, send us your list and we will add them to our sell a machine site. All we ask is that they are working and on free play, and that they are held over until the show is over, thou that is certainly negotiable with our team. Normally we receive these requests around a month from the show as many people are actively trying to sell them before they commit to bringing them. YEGPIN is a good opportunity to sell or trade your machines over ten machines exchanged hands last year.

#241 7 years ago

Pre sales for shirts and posters will officially over after March 15, 2017. So if you really want one of these items I would suggest pre-ordering as we are buying these in very limited quantities again this year for the show. Visit www.yegpin.com for information on these items.

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

They have a picture up on Instagram if you want to check it out.

she's a beauty!

#243 7 years ago

As promised attached are pictures of the machine that will be given away to one of our lucky donors. Don't miss-out (see that) on your chance to walk away from YEGPIN with a beautifully restored pinball machine, just for donating one or more of yours for the weekend. Our thanks to all those who are so generous and making this show happen for others. You are the major reason YEGPIN can be put on each year!!!!

IMG_1273 (resized).JPGIMG_1273 (resized).JPG

IMG_1272 (resized).JPGIMG_1272 (resized).JPG

IMG_1275 (resized).JPGIMG_1275 (resized).JPG

IMG_1276 (resized).JPGIMG_1276 (resized).JPG

#244 7 years ago

Wow
That should be a proud part of someone's collection for years to come.
Good luck to all those who donate. The list should start growing now that we've seen this beauty.

#245 7 years ago

I signed up for Instagram this morning to see it! Hahahah

#246 7 years ago

It really is a beauty... making me consider finding a trailer and bringing more than two...

#247 7 years ago

There will be three prize draws in each of these categories (Donor, Volunteers, VIP's) at Friday Night VIP Party. Of course the big prize of the pinball machine will be one of donor draws, but the other prizes are really good as well!!!! Only 2 months away can't wait...

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

There will be three prize draws in each of these categories (Donor, Volunteers, VIP's) at Friday Night VIP Party. Of course the big prize of the pinball machine will be one of donor draws, but the other prizes are really good as well!!!! Only 2 months away can't wait...

Ok then,I'll bring two games.
How about Medusa,and BSD

#249 7 years ago

That's the spirit, we would love to have those games for the weekend!!! You have always been a big supporter of our events and glad to have you on board again!!!!

Please use the bring a game form to finalize your donation...

http://www.yegpin.com/?page_id=407

Quoted from pingod:

Ok then,I'll bring two games.
How about Medusa,and BSD

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

That's the spirit, we would love to have those games for the weekend!!! You have always been a big supporter of our events and glad to have you on board again!!!!
Please use the bring a game form to finalize your donation...
http://www.yegpin.com/?page_id=407

Done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.