(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
#151 7 years ago

YEGPIN  - VIP Newsletter #1 has been sent. If you ordered a VIP Pass and DID NOT get this Newsletter check thy spam filter then PM us with your Order number. There are more Newsletters coming soon and we look forward to the input of the VIPs to help shape the event.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

YEGPIN  - VIP Newsletter #1 has been sent.

Will donors and volunteers be included in the mail out as they're VIP too?

#153 7 years ago

Yes, if you are on our volunteer list and machine donor list you should have received the VIP letter, if you didn't let us know at [email protected]

Thanks!!!

Quoted from Dooner:

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooner:

Thanks for the heads up. All should be good now.

Let's kick start the conversation.

What machine are you looking forward to seeing at YEGPIN?
Did you want YEGPIN to do a Pinside under laminate?
Are you going with the classic three letter personalization on your VIP pass or 10 digit name or going classic no name?

We only have 11 VIP passes left! Wow wow wow.

#155 7 years ago

Pingod is going on mine

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Pingod is going on mine

maybe you'll be able to do alberta_champ damn.. .to many characters

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Yes, if you are on our volunteer list and machine donor list you should have received the VIP letter, if you didn't let us know at [email protected]
Thanks!!!

Id be open to bringing a game up but don't want to bring a duplicate. When would you consider the cutoff for agreeing to bring something yourself?

#158 7 years ago

I'm hoping to see a LOTR. I'm still dying to try it out.

#159 7 years ago

Please DO bring duplicates, especially for the more popular titles. Having more than one Paragon was a real treat last year (cause the other was being used as a tourney machine).

#160 7 years ago

You would be pretty safe with all the above, TZ was not at the show last year and would be a nice addition to the show, the cutoff is really a week before the show thou we probably won't turn you away if we still have room for machines. It is just nice to commit to a machine so we can at least add it to our list. There a number of these in limbo machines right now as people are worried about duplicates, but if no one lists them how the hell are we going to know what is showing up, it is a chicken and egg philosophy. Ultimately, if it isn't listed right now you are first in, lol...

Quoted from Spencer:

Id be open to bringing a game up but don't want to bring a duplicate. When would you consider the cutoff for agreeing to bring something yourself?

#161 7 years ago

My Paragon will be there again this year and believe we have another so rest assured you will get your fill!!!

Quoted from klr650:

Please DO bring duplicates, especially for the more popular titles. Having more than one Paragon was a real treat last year (cause the other was being used as a tourney machine).

#162 7 years ago

I heard a little birdie say something about a Flash Gordon being present, but I don't see it on the list? Be a good tournament game!

#163 7 years ago

I will neither confirm or deny that report....

Quoted from Fytr:

I heard a little birdie say something about a Flash Gordon being present, but I don't see it on the list? Be a good tournament game!

#164 7 years ago

Refer to myself as God? Why that seems suspect to me, I'm not sure.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I will neither confirm or deny that report....

Well I'll be reading up on the rules on that rumour.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Well I'll be reading up on the rules on that rumour.

Haha! Like knowing the rules on FG will help anyone... That game is vicious!

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Haha! Like knowing the rules on FG will help anyone... That game is vicious!

Dereks a good TD makes every tournament game vicious not sure how but he even made hobbit a drain monster

#168 7 years ago

weekend update

- Our block at Chateau Louis has sold out! We have partnered with the hotel and they will honour a group rate on other rooms.
http://chateaulouis.com There are other hotels in the area, but this one is the closest and is supporting the event.
- Last 10 VIP passes remain. If you have any friends or family on the fence now is the time to jump in. The last 10 go quickly.
- VIP Passes will be printed on heavier stock this year. The printer took our feedback about some of them breaking off and has increased the weight of the card stock.
- VIP Lanyards are designed by Brian Holderman this year and will feature a lobster claw hook. It's a small thing, but we know you'll appreciate it.
- As soon as the last VIP pass is sold we will be sending out the form for what name you want on your pass.
- The museum is working with us very closely with us to make sure that this event is amazing for all of you. Here are some photos from our new location.
01 (resized).png01 (resized).png02 (resized).png02 (resized).png04 (resized).png04 (resized).png03 (resized).png03 (resized).png

#169 7 years ago

Black belt is a go, I look forward to bringing it out.

Thanks Puck for all your help!

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

- The museum is working with us very closely with us to make sure that this event is amazing for all of you. Here are some photos from our new location.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#171 7 years ago

2 more VIP passes gone to me and a friend.
Can't wait

#172 7 years ago

Ahhhhh such a long drive !! It was great last year though .

#173 7 years ago

Awesome stuff see you there, only 7 passes left!!!!

Quoted from jesperpark:

2 more VIP passes gone to me and a friend.
Can't wait

#174 7 years ago

It's about that time...

The amazing Brian Holderman has some previews of the VIP Pass, Shirt, and the Poster for this years YEGPIN. VIP Holder, Donors, and Volunteers got the first look, but now it's time to show the public and Pinside.

• Current site prices are for VIP, Donors, and Volunteers only. If you are not coming to YEGPIN and still want a limited edition Brian Holderman Print / Shirt please hold off until mid-March to order. We have yet to figure out shipping costs, logistics ect. If we will have enough for people attending we will make them available to the non-attending public. We know there are a lot of loyal Brian Holderman fans, but it's important to us that the people attending the event have first dibs. Please note, Non-VIP prices will be higher for all items.
• If you don't know who Brian Holderman is please check out his work for Stern, PAPA, ReplayFX (Hope some of you are making the trip down), his Silver Bullet: A Custom Pinball Machine, and his rebuilt 1965 Gotleib Dodge City retheme "Luther's Vendetta"
• Also, art for YEGPIN is subject to change.

Check his work out at http://www.bholderman.com

Check out the YEGPIN key art sketches here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPG3JO0g773/?taken-by=brianholderman
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPYf_ejAuT1/?taken-by=brianholderman

Up next for the VIP Newsletter.
• Preview of the re-built pinball machine one lucky donor will be taking home.
• Preview of the final Brian Holderman Art
• Preview of the pin-wipe cloth and a chance to influence the direction we take on the design.

Thanks to everyone who stepped up last week and has offered machines. We really appreciate it, please keep em coming!

-YEGPIN Team

#175 7 years ago

Is the list of machines on the website up to date?

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Is the list of machines on the website up to date?

Great question Pinhead206

There are currently about 10 machines that we have yet to add to that list, we will be working on the site next week, so watch for big updates. There are also machines that are "pending" (verbal commitments) that we will not be adding until the donor fills out the form. We would love to see this list grow past 100 machines early on but the reality is that people sell/trade machines up to the day of the event. Are we actively looking for donors? Yes! Are we helping people repair machines to get them ready to be added to this list? Yes! But, all the machines at the event belong to the collector community. This not-for-profit event lives or dies on the generosity of our fantastic donors, sponsors, attendees, and volunteers. If it's anything like last year the majority of our donation letters come in in April. But hey, if it's just the list we have now you can expect that it'll be a great celebration of friends, food/drinks, and pinball.

If you have a machine you are selling YEGPIN is a great way to be part of the event and sell your game. Our visibility and location this year will attract more casual buyers. There is no question we will have 100's of collectors attending the event. About 50% of the machines for sale were sold at the event at no cost to the seller. Sell prices ranged from $500-8000.

Bring a game : http://www.yegpin.com/?page_id=407
Sell a game : http://www.yegpin.com/?page_id=100

What if I have a machine that needs "some work"?
Please fill out the form on the site and we will do everything we can to help you get it fixed before the event. We normally don't include it on the show list until it's ready to go.

#177 7 years ago

Some amazing sponsor news coming! 3 VIP Passes Remain. WOW! Thanks Everyone!

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

Some amazing sponsor news coming! 3 VIP Passes Remain. WOW! Thanks Everyone!

Do tell

#179 7 years ago

Great thanks very much! Excited for the news! Also wonder why it isn't showing up on the pinside events calander?

#180 7 years ago

My buddy picked up a vip ticket! Might only be a 2 left peeps!! & here is to hoping a big lebowski is on the floor!

#181 7 years ago

Nitro brought out TBL, Ghostbusters and Full Throttle in 2016 and they all were fun games. I'm really hoping that they will bring out Aliens or Dialed In or BM66 or Aerosmith or MMR. Heck, even the "home version" of Spider-Man would be interesting to see.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Nitro brought out TBL, Ghostbusters and Full Throttle in 2016 and they all were fun games. I'm really hoping that they will bring out Aliens or Dialed In or BM66 or Aerosmith or MMR. Heck, even the "home version" of Spider-Man would be interesting to see.

We plan to bring out the latest from Stern, Heighway, JJP & Planetary. So, all the titles suggested are more than doable.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Only 110 more 420's to go DirkDiggler ...

88 4:20s now

#184 7 years ago

I'm in on that!

#185 7 years ago

The last VIP ticket has been claimed we are officially sold out for VIP tickets for the event. I can't express my gratitude to all of the people that have purchased tickets for this awesome event. Thank you for all your support!!!!

There are still pre-order weekend passes available, these do not have a limits attached to them and will continue to sell these till April 1, 2017, get them now to ensure you get your pre-order bonus of 5 classic tournament tickets.

We will be posting pictures of a number of items over the next few weeks, the final show shirts and posters these will be available for sale up to March 15, 2017 for pre-order, after that they will only be available at the show in limited quantities and $5 more so order now if you are interested in getting one.

We will be unveiling the pinball machine that will be going to one of our machine donors, it is one sweet machine, please use the 'bring a machine' from on our site if you are interesting in bringing a machine to the show!!!

Closer to the event in a couple of months we will unveil the mystery pinball machine that will be given to the winner of the Western Canadian Pinball Championship. As well we will be posting pictures of completed passes, wristbands, banners, sponsors, and tournament machines.

We are heading into the home stretch here for the show so you can expect a lot of promotion over the next few months as we get closer to date. Tell your friends and family to come out and support pinball and arcade in our great community!!!!

www.yegpin.com

#186 7 years ago

Less than 3 months away!! Wooot. Cant wait to meet some new peeps off pinside & i have one question... is it ok to trade tourny entries fir shots of scotch at chateau louise?!

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Less than 3 months away!! Wooot. Cant wait to meet some new peeps off pinside & i have one question... is it ok to trade tourny entries fir shots of scotch at chateau louise?!

Ill trade you mine for anything 10 years or older.

#188 7 years ago

Hahah.. not quite what i had in mind! Dammmit!

#189 7 years ago

We are proud to announce yet another sponsor for the event, and the second year in a row ... Absolute Pinball!
If you are not familiar with Absolute Pinball they do full ground up restoration services. You name it! Clear coating, playfield swaps, cabinet repaint, metal powder coating, playfield rebuilds, electronic board upgraded and/or repairs, 100's of parts in stock from IC'S to coils, and multicade arcade games built on site. Canada's largest stocking distributor for all CPR products, New Sterns in stock, both offered in Canadian funds. Absolute has 36 years of pinball experience so check them out. And thanks to Absolute Pinball for supporting YegPin!

Check them out at http://www.absolutepinball.com

4d695adb3e45ca8987f06c6601364e1a0ee2e509.png (resized).jpg4d695adb3e45ca8987f06c6601364e1a0ee2e509.png (resized).jpg

#190 7 years ago

Hotel Update : Added additional rooms to our group booking at the Chateau Louis. http://www.chateaulouis.com mention yegpin for the group rate. Sleep near the event, and party with some good people. Not that you'll be sleeping much!

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

Hotel Update : Added additional rooms to our group booking at the Chateau Louis. http://www.chateaulouis.com mention yegpin for the group rate. Sleep near the event, and party with some good people. Not that you'll be sleeping much!

Thanks for the reminder! I just booked our room a few minutes ago. Looks like my buddy Chance is sleeping on the pullout couch! Just fyi, the rest of the rooms with 2 beds have sold out. Sounds like what's left will be a queen bed and a pullout couch

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Thanks for the reminder! I just booked our room a few minutes ago. Looks like my buddy Chance is sleeping on the pullout couch! Just fyi, the rest of the rooms with 2 beds have sold out. Sounds like what's left will be a queen bed and a pullout couch

Thanks for the tip Josh! Very happy you are making the trip up again! Can't wait to show you the new location.

#193 7 years ago

Hardcore punk icons The Decendents are playing Union hall Wednesday May 3rd.

Might have to add a couple days to the trip

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Nice! Thanks for the tip!
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/descendents_finally_hit_canada_on_summer_tour

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Pretty sure you just added two days to our trip!
Thanks DD

#196 7 years ago

Can someone book Dayglo to play on Thursday, May 4th?

Quoted from yegpin:

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

I use songkick to find out who's playing where. Pretty handy website

#197 7 years ago

One of my buds coming with has an authentic Joey Shithead denim vest! I'm not a punker but I know joey wears it on a few album covers...Maybe he'll wear it for the tourneys !haha

#198 7 years ago

Anyone have interest in special guest speakers? We have the opportunity to make this happen and space to do it this year, but will only do it if you feel there is value. Flipout does it and it looked well attended. What do you all think?

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from yegpin:

Anyone have interest in special guest speakers? We have the opportunity to make this happen and space to do it this year, but will only do it if you feel there is value. Flipout does it and it looked well attended. What do you all think?

I would certainly be interested in attending some of these panels/presentations!

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I would certainly be interested in attending some of these panels/presentations!

Wicked! What would you find most value in? (this is open to anyone not just Josh)

Special Guests via Skype (we are not in a financial position to fly people up ... yet)
Local repair enthusiasts?
Local distributors?
Local top ranked pinball players?
Pinball podcasters?
Pinball Twitch Streamers?
Anything we missed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.